PDA

View Full Version : Merry Christmas, BBS!

Little_Miss_1565
12-19-2006, 07:21 AM
Justin Timberlake has a very special gift for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6F0H04vz_Bc (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6F0H04vz_Bc)

EDIT: Uncensored version here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dmVU08zVpA

Llamas
12-19-2006, 07:34 AM
That is hilarious. Seriously, every now and then, SNL's writers pull some gem out of nowhere. Why can't they do this stuff more often? Maybe I'd actually still watch it, haha.

Lodat225
12-19-2006, 08:28 AM
That was blah.

But since you're "L337"... AWESOME. SO FUNNYZ!1

Llamas
12-19-2006, 08:33 AM
And again with the clique war.

Lodat225
12-19-2006, 08:34 AM
It's just blah. I didn't find it funny. Nothing more, nothing less. End of story.

Llamas
12-19-2006, 08:36 AM
It's totally fine if you didn't like the video. You could've stated your opinion without pulling that other shit.

Lodat225
12-19-2006, 08:36 AM
End of story.

JohnnyNemesis
12-19-2006, 08:50 AM
That was blah.

But since you're "L337"... AWESOME. SO FUNNYZ!1

It's just blah. I didn't find it funny. Nothing more, nothing less. End of story.

Holy mother of fuck, you're such a fucking idiot. I wish horrific pain on you for being such a fucking idiot, you stupid fucking idiot.

Fucking idiot.

Lodat225
12-19-2006, 08:51 AM
Nothing more than the post, and you can't say what i posted isn't true.

http://offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26702

Vera
12-19-2006, 08:56 AM
I wasn't entirely sure what type of music they're parodying (general sleazy boyband r'n'b?) but I did find it amusing.

JohnnyNemesis
12-19-2006, 08:57 AM

Um, you know he's not REALLY him and that it was a silly joke, right? An unfunny joke at that, so you're actually disproving your own point.

And I see your link and counter with this one:

http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16016

Llamas
12-19-2006, 08:57 AM
Yeah... early 90s rnb.

Paint_It_Black
12-19-2006, 08:58 AM

See, I didn't find it funny either, so what did I do? Ignored this thread. What didn't I do? Start bringing up all the 1337 bullshit that's so fucking tired.

And what does that link have to do with anything?

JohnnyNemesis
12-19-2006, 09:01 AM
My point exactly, Richard. Except I'm not allowed to agree with you on anything no matter what, lest I receive accusations of 1337 clique conspiracies.

Mota Boy
12-19-2006, 09:03 AM
I just stumbled across that last night and laughed my ass off. I had no clue that was Timberlake.

And Lodat, you obviously have no clue what the hell you're talking about. Per was referencing a joke that I made about three or four years back. Honestly, do you go out of your way to cultivate an image of being a complete tool, just so we'll remember who you are?

Paint_It_Black
12-19-2006, 09:03 AM
If I'm 1337 my membership must have got lost in the mail.

By the way, I thought Per's confession was quite amusing, especially since at least one person totally fell for it.

JohnnyNemesis
12-19-2006, 09:12 AM
I thought it was dumb, but then I realized I just didn't get it, so it was only probably dumb. But I might be wrong, cause like I said, I didn't get it, so I had the humility to back the fuck off.

Oh, and you don't understand how the 1337 works, Richard. Refer to my link. The 1337 is whoever the crybaby pieces of shit think are 1337, which means that if any two (or more) people disagree with them, there's a conspiracy a'brewin'.

Lodat225
12-19-2006, 09:14 AM
Oh, i thought it was real.

JohnnyNemesis
12-19-2006, 09:15 AM
Yeah, you're an idiot.

Lodat225
12-19-2006, 09:15 AM
Yes, i am. I'm not going to fight about it like Oxygene. You're right.

Paint_It_Black
12-19-2006, 09:20 AM
Good points, Ricky. Though now I'd suggest we stop fucking up this thread any further.

Vera
12-19-2006, 09:21 AM
Put your dicks in a box (preferrably the same one) and we'll forgive you.

Little_Miss_1565
12-19-2006, 09:29 AM
Put your dicks in a box (preferrably the same one) and we'll forgive you.

Speak for yourself. No one hates on JT's dick in a box and escapes my wrath. ;)

sKratch
12-19-2006, 09:33 AM
Did I catch someone saying it's actually JT in the video? Cause I dunno about that. If it really is him, it's funnier. If not, it has some pretty funny parts and is generally rather amusing. It's not Chronicles of Narnia rap though...

Llamas
12-19-2006, 09:37 AM
It's actually JT. It's from his hosting on SNL. he also did a pretty funny imitation of ashton kutcher. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhTCzO0LCMQ

Vera
12-19-2006, 09:40 AM
Stephan, pretty sure it's him. It's a SNL thing and he just did SNL, there are a bunch of other clips of the same episode on youtube.

Vera
12-19-2006, 09:44 AM
The worst thing about these parody videos is how catchy the songs are. Sometimes I hum Dave Chappelle's "I Wanna Piss On You" R Kelly parody to myself without realizing it's THAT song. I'm already having the same with Dick in a Box.

Paint_It_Black
12-19-2006, 09:46 AM
This does not compare to the "Piss On You" thing. I proudly walk around humming that.

I also got hooked on something Bob Saget did to the tune of a Backstreet Boys song. I had to stop humming it when I realized nobody knew it was a parody.

Vera
12-19-2006, 09:50 AM
I only remember, "I never wanna hear you say, which Backstreet Boy is gay?" which I heard online.

Paint_It_Black
12-19-2006, 09:53 AM
Here, check it out http://www.dailyhaha.com/_vids/danny_tanner_was_not_gay.htm

It's not great, I just have a Bob Saget fetish.

0r4ng3
12-19-2006, 09:57 AM
That video was hilarious. And here I thought SNL was lame nowadays.

Llamas
12-19-2006, 09:57 AM
haha, that was pretty funny. the kimmy gibler line was quite disturbing, though!

H1T_That
12-19-2006, 10:19 AM
Hats off to Mr. Timberlake.

endlesst0m
12-19-2006, 11:42 AM
It's totally fine if you didn't like the video. You could've stated your opinion without pulling that other shit.

Dumb thing to say. No one on this board EVER refrains from "pulling other shit". Why single this dude out?

Paint_It_Black
12-19-2006, 11:47 AM
Endlesst0m, not suprising to see you take his side. You've banged on the 1337 drum as loudly as anyone. Seems more like an anti-1337 conspiracy to me.

H1T_That
12-19-2006, 11:47 AM
Dumb thing to say. No one on this board EVER refrains from "pulling other shit". Why single this dude out?

It can usually be related, however in this incident it was for no reason whatsoever.

sKratch
12-19-2006, 11:49 AM
Conspiring against conspiracies? Dreaming up Internet message board conspiracies? Conspiring against dreamt-up Internet conspiracies? I knew I smelled KY and feces.

Paint_It_Black
12-19-2006, 11:49 AM
H1T_That, he's just defending his anti-1337 friend. Don't worry about it. They always stick together.

H1T_That
12-19-2006, 11:55 AM
H1T_That, he's just defending his anti-1337 friend. Don't worry about it. They always stick together.

Yeah, thats what i assumed. Just had to point out its normally twisted into a 1337 conspiracy, rather than randomly brought up.

All About Eve
12-19-2006, 12:39 PM
I liked the punk'd video a whole lot more than the music video.

Nina
12-19-2006, 01:23 PM
Hahaha
The first vid I saw with JT was the Omlettville!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zozWqjVyksM

Rag Doll
12-19-2006, 02:48 PM
haaaa, i have been linking like EVERYONE to that. when i saw it on snl the other night, i thought it would have been "cock in a box"...but ah well, still awesome.

All About Eve
12-19-2006, 05:10 PM
JT's actually a really good actor, wow.

Paint_It_Black
12-19-2006, 05:37 PM
JT's actually a really good actor, wow.

And you say I'm a fag.

Llamas
12-19-2006, 07:28 PM
He is a good actor, and he's also a good singer. He just needs to learn how to sing better music. And NOT sing in falsetto for most of an entire song.

Paint_It_Black
12-19-2006, 07:32 PM
Right. He's a good singer, who just needs to learn how to sing.

I'm also a really good brain surgeon, I bet you didn't know that.

0r4ng3
12-19-2006, 07:35 PM
Right. He's a good singer, who just needs to learn how to sing.
I think you just misunderstood. He's a good singer, but his song choices - songs he chooses to sing - are pure suck.

Little_Miss_1565
12-19-2006, 07:44 PM
And NOT sing in falsetto for most of an entire song.

Why? His falsetto is fucking rad, not to mention there's a huge R&B precedent for it.

All About Eve
12-19-2006, 08:05 PM
That was kind of the point with the whole "singing ewie songs" thing.

Paint_It_Black
12-19-2006, 08:21 PM
I think you just misunderstood.

Nope, I just like to mess with Bri.

Llamas
12-19-2006, 10:38 PM
Why? His falsetto is fucking rad, not to mention there's a huge R&B precedent for it.

he's decent at falsetto. I've heard many far better falsetto singers, but they're all smart enough not to do a song in almost purely in it. I dunno, he's good, but not amazing enough that I think he can pull off a whole song in it. Plus, it's very very rare when I think it sounds good for most of an entire song.

Little_Miss_1565
12-19-2006, 10:40 PM
Again, it's an R&B thing.

Endymion
12-19-2006, 10:45 PM
in west philadelphia born and raised

Little_Miss_1565
12-19-2006, 10:48 PM
That's rap you a-hole.

Llamas
12-19-2006, 10:51 PM
Again, it's an R&B thing.

I've listened to quite a lot of R&B, both the real type and the "black people singing about sex and love" type. I've heard some damn good falsetto in the former, but very rarely ever filling an entire song. All the falsetto I've heard in the latter was horrid.

However, I'd honestly be interested in checking out more. Do you have any "modern R&B" artists who do a falsetto song that you think is genuinely awesome (besides JT)?

Oh, and if I was Ricky, I'd be all "omg R&B doesn't exist anymore! I'm offended that you people would use the word that describes an amazing style of jazz to describe this pile of shit!" ;)

JohnnyNemesis
12-19-2006, 11:21 PM
People who know nothing about R&B should shut their yaps about it, point blank.

EDIT: lawlz, I didn't even see this when I posted:

Oh, and if I was Ricky, I'd be all "omg R&B doesn't exist anymore! I'm offended that you people would use the word that describes an amazing style of jazz to describe this pile of shit!" ;)

lawlz @ people who fall back on nonsensical analogies + still refuse to operate in the reality of arguments (rather than the semantics and straws) even after admitting that they should do so lawlz lawlz lawlz (IamtalkingaboutyouyouknowyouknewthatLAWLZ!)

Manic Subsidal Boy
12-20-2006, 12:23 AM
Talk about getting pissed over water.

Llamas
12-20-2006, 03:09 AM
People who know nothing about R&B should shut their yaps about it, point blank.

EDIT: lawlz, I didn't even see this when I posted:

lawlz @ people who fall back on nonsensical analogies + still refuse to operate in the reality of arguments (rather than the semantics and straws) even after admitting that they should do so lawlz lawlz lawlz (IamtalkingaboutyouyouknowyouknewthatLAWLZ!)

...I know quite a lot about the history of R&B. The analogy makes a lot of sense. R&B is short for rhythm and blues, and it used to define a type of music mostly encompassed in the jazz realm. "Rhythm and Blues" alone tells you quite a lot about the genre. What people call R&B today is not even close. Usher? JT? R. Kelly? Sorry, there is nothing even remotely rhythm nor blues about those.

Vera
12-20-2006, 03:12 AM
in west philadelphia born and raised

That's rap you a-hole.

I laughed.

This thread needs more dick in a box.

Little_Miss_1565
12-20-2006, 05:55 AM
...I know quite a lot about the history of R&B. The analogy makes a lot of sense. R&B is short for rhythm and blues, and it used to define a type of music mostly encompassed in the jazz realm. "Rhythm and Blues" alone tells you quite a lot about the genre. What people call R&B today is not even close. Usher? JT? R. Kelly? Sorry, there is nothing even remotely rhythm nor blues about those.

That's like saying what people call punk today isn't even close to what it "really" is. Let's not bitch and moan about what is and isn't. If they chart on the Billboard R&B chart, it's R&B enough for me. I've noticed that a lot of your arguments about music are very much based in the classroom and don't have seem to express much of an understanding of how those things have evolved and operate in the real world. They started calling it just "R&B" precisely because it's not "rhythm and blues" anymore. I can't think of any "modern" R&B artists who use a lot of falsetto because it's a throwback to older R&B. And honestly, whether or not it's a "good" falsetto is extremely subjective, so I don't understand why you insist on speaking in absolutes about it.

This thread needs more dick in a box.

More like dick in MY box. SNAP!

JohnnyNemesis
12-20-2006, 08:46 AM
The analogy makes a lot of sense.

No, it doesn't, since the graffiti argument hinged on the difference between what the actual PARTICIPANTS and FOLLOWERS of the art form defined as graffiti vs. the dictionary definitions you and others who know little about it pulled out. You're discussing an unfortunate evolution that R&B made involving its own participants, and though there's some (and in many cases, lots) of that same outside influence involved, it works differently. And that's where the analogy makes no sense: spray paint and vocals/music are completely different things from completely different realms of our world.

lawlz!

sKratch
12-20-2006, 09:38 AM
omg wtf u r all gay

JohnnyNemesis
12-20-2006, 10:32 AM
u wish i was ;)

Nina
12-20-2006, 10:34 AM
Short question:

Why do most people online think JT is a dick/asshole/idiot? It really surprised me to notice this because in Germany everyone loves him/finds him funny and sexy/etc.

It is basically almost comparable to the reactions people have on Britney, but she actually DID something.

I'm just interested in what he said or did that caused this. plz enlighten me.

JohnnyNemesis
12-20-2006, 10:38 AM
I can't speak for everyone, but I assume it was related to being part of that vapid boy band. By the time he showed that he was actually really talented on his own, people were annoyed by his good looks and manufactured image (which is weird, since lots of pop artists are manufactured. not to the same degree, but still). whatevz.

Oh, and 'cause people are idiots.

Nina
12-20-2006, 10:40 AM
Ah, so it wasnt something specific that happened, like with Britney (walking around like trashy mc trash, flashing every female bits possible, wearing unfortunate clothing)?

I think it's really uncalled for as well, because he always seems so funny/nice/honest in interviews. Sure that could be faked, but not over YEARS.

JohnnyNemesis
12-20-2006, 10:45 AM
Actually, I think that CAN be faked over years, and I'd suggest that the kind of humor he shows in interviews is also annoying to some. But it's not annoying to me. And yeah, he didn't do anything in particular, people just hate him for some stupid old stuff.

Nina
12-20-2006, 10:47 AM
Yeah, maybe I just cant relate....a person who actually has the strength to be so famous over so many years and be a completely different person on stage can probably fake interviews too...but in general I think that's a really hard (almost impossible) thing to do.

I'm very sorry honeybunbun, I just felt like making conversation. Sorry if I annoyed you!

JohnnyNemesis
12-20-2006, 10:50 AM
You didn't annoy me even the slightest bit at all not at all all all no annoyance! Conversation is good! heart heart smley face heart!

Nina
12-20-2006, 10:52 AM
heart heart blowjob face smilie cigarette!

JohnnyNemesis
12-20-2006, 10:54 AM
LAWLZuWIN!

...or, actually, with all that lovin', I win!

Rag Doll
12-20-2006, 10:57 AM
I don't get the JT hate either. I adore him. And he's really awesome live and he was so cute & sweet to the audience on the Ellen Show...and..aw. *fangirl*

Grabbal
12-20-2006, 11:12 AM
I dont hate him I just hate his music, but I loved this sketch!!

Llamas
12-20-2006, 01:36 PM
I don't hate him, but lyrically he kind of makes himself sound like an asshole. Also, anyone remember that inicident where he threatened one of his fans who wanted an autograph?

sKratch
12-20-2006, 02:05 PM
heart heart blowjob face smilie cigarette!

http://www.skratch-zero.com/crap/redface.gif

Little_Miss_1565
12-20-2006, 02:13 PM
I don't hate him, but lyrically he kind of makes himself sound like an asshole. Also, anyone remember that inicident where he threatened one of his fans who wanted an autograph?

Seriously, who hasn't freaked out on someone hounding them for things like autographs. And for once, I couldn't possibly care less that the lyrics aren't exactly Tom Waits material. There is just so much else that he and Timbaland do so right on that record.

0r4ng3
12-20-2006, 02:14 PM
Hahaha
The first vid I saw with JT was the Omlettville!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zozWqjVyksM
Haha, I just saw this one.

Bring it on in to Omeletteville!

Speakeasy
12-20-2006, 06:12 PM
I liked the bacon costume better :(.

JohnnyNemesis
12-20-2006, 08:51 PM
Timbaland is a musical genius and has been for ten years. Now he's finally gettin' that white people money. That filthy, ill-gotten white folks cash. It's tasty stuff.

Llamas
12-20-2006, 09:56 PM
So we're calling Timbaland a good musician? I'm definitely staying out of this conversation. :p

And little miss, I said that I don't hate JT. I was giving reasons that some peope might. His lyrics are god-awful, though, regardless of whether or not I like him.

JohnnyNemesis
12-20-2006, 10:07 PM
The beats he's been making for over a decade are insane.

I'm definitely staying out of this conversation. :p

Passive-Aggressiveness = MASSIVE fail

Nina
12-21-2006, 12:30 AM
http://www.skratch-zero.com/crap/redface.gif

EXACTLY. Thanks for getting it ;D

This topic is a little depressing to me because it feels like you guys are waiting for someone to disagree with you so you can keep saying how wrong they are. Bri just stated her opinion, and last time she posted she just tried to answer my question. I dont agree with her, but I dont start an argument over EVERYTHING she says, either.

Mota Boy
12-21-2006, 12:45 AM
I'm all down with less falsetto in this world. The accordion has a proud tradition in polka music too, but that doesn't make it right.

JohnnyNemesis
12-21-2006, 01:00 AM
This topic is a little depressing to me because it feels like you guys are waiting for someone to disagree with you so you can keep saying how wrong they are. Bri just stated her opinion, and last time she posted she just tried to answer my question.

Reviving weeks-old arguments that weren't really that interesting to begin with sounds more like "waiting for someone to disagree with you so you can keep saying how wrong they are" than "just stating an opinion".

T-6005
12-21-2006, 01:36 AM
Short enough, read.

Llamas
12-21-2006, 08:14 AM
Passive-Aggressiveness = MASSIVE fail
Or it's just because it's arguing about opinion, and it's pointless.

I'm all down with less falsetto in this world. The accordion has a proud tradition in polka music too, but that doesn't make it right.
This I greatly agree with, actually.

Reviving weeks-old arguments that weren't really that interesting to begin with sounds more like "waiting for someone to disagree with you so you can keep saying how wrong they are" than "just stating an opinion".
Wait, which opinion are we referring to? I thought we were talking about the thing about JT, which I posted just a few hours after Nina's original question. when did I revive a week old argument??

Nina
12-21-2006, 09:05 AM
I really dont understand it, either. What old arguments? I meant the argument in this topic. And who supposingly revived anything? I'm just lost.

Little_Miss_1565
12-21-2006, 09:15 AM

If you don't like polka and don't have an appreciation for polka, then no. But if you do, then that changes things. You, obviously, don't, and you apparently don't dig R&B too much either. So why people who don't like or appreciate aspects of a genre they don't even like in the first place feel the need to pass judgment on others who DO and make music like that, well, it's beyond me.

Llamas, "musicianship" has nothing to do with beat-making. You clearly don't get the significance of beatmaking, so let's have enough of the ivory-tower academic passing judgment on what you don't understand.

Nina
12-21-2006, 09:20 AM
Can you please try to answer my question too? I am quite curious as to what you two are talking about. At least TRY to not ignore my whole presense completely.

Okay, you just edited...so with old arguments you meant an argument you had about music in another topic? I just find it weird that Rick tells me about it when I have no idea what you're talking about.

JohnnyNemesis
12-21-2006, 10:21 AM
Or it's just because it's arguing about opinion, and it's pointless.

I completely agree. Which is exactly why bringing it up and immedately running away from it is passive-aggressive. That's...kind of an obvious thing.

when did I revive a week old argument??

The graffiti thing, which was obviously just a joke on your part that I swear I wasn't upset about (I love you), but was also EXACTLY the kind of "starting arguments just for the sake of disagreeing" thing Nina mentioned/said some people were doing in the thread, whether it was on purpose or not (which is why I mentioned it).

Okay, you just edited...so with old arguments you meant an argument you had about music in another topic?

Yes ma'am. Which is relevant because she brought it up in this one. And also weird.

Nina
12-21-2006, 10:49 AM
Thanks for clearing that up.

Let's get back to JT again :( HE'S LIKE SO HOT.

JohnnyNemesis
12-21-2006, 10:52 AM
I KNO RITE!??! U KNOW KIS I 12 KIS HIM e'fudjkgnflawlz

When I heard the FutureSex/LoveSounds album in Sam's car (YES EVERYONE BE JEALOUS OF ME MUAHAHAHAHA sheletmehughertoo) I was like "whoa. good. funky. good." I still thought that some of it was trying a bit too hard though, but that happens in all pop music and most of music in general. But yeah, he almost went a bit overboard with the sexy in every song. It worked out fine though.

Nina
12-21-2006, 10:53 AM
I still didnt listen to the whole album :/ I'm so lazy when it comes to new music.

From what I know from his singles he really has fun music going on. I think he improved a lot as a musican (I have his first album), and that's quite something to be proud of.

Also, he knows how to dance. Hot.

killer_queen
12-21-2006, 10:58 AM
In fact JT is someone that I must love. He's hawt, cute, talented and all but unfortunately I find everything about him repulsive. It must be because of his style or something.

JohnnyNemesis
12-21-2006, 10:58 AM
I still didnt listen to the whole album :/ I'm so lazy when it comes to new music.

From what I know from his singles he really has fun music going on. I think he improved a lot as a musican (I have his first album), and that's quite something to be proud of.

Also, he knows how to dance. Hot.

YA RLY.

But speaking of his dancing, an lolzworthy moment was this time I was reading the Boondocks comic strip, and Huey (the main character) is on the phone. And he calls Justin Timberlake and says something to the efffect of: "Hi, Mr. Timberlake? I'm just calling to inform you that Michael Jackson is an artist, not an entire genre of music. Thank you for your time". Then he calls Usher and Omarion and relays the exact same message. It was very lawlz and accurate.

I thought the first two singles from the first album ("Like I Love You" and "Cry Me a River") were good. Extremely good, and I liked them a lot actually. The other two ("Senorita" and "Rock Your Body") were extremely good too, but I fucking HATED them, if that makes sense. Like, I understand that they were well done pop songs that would reach the masses effectively, so in that sense they're good pieces of work. But I just hated them and they weren't my taste at all.

Nina
12-21-2006, 11:07 AM
but unfortunately I find everything about him repulsive. It must be because of his style or something.

Do you mean music style or appearance? Or both?

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j205/ninaeatspie/stuff/10.jpg

"Hi, Mr. Timberlake? I'm just calling to inform you that Michael Jackson is an artist, not an entire genre of music. Thank you for your time". Then he calls Usher and Omarion and relays the exact same message. It was very lawlz and accurate.

Haha, amusing. I have no idea who Omarion is but the other two are accurate indeed. I still like what he did with Jackson's style, tho.

I understand that they were well done pop songs that would reach the masses effectively, so in that sense they're good pieces of work. But I just hated them and they weren't my taste at all.

I get what you are saying. I have the exact same feeling for "older" artists. I really dont like music that is older than 1995. I just..dont like it. I cant help it. I do usually hear the decencies of the songs, but it's just not my thing.

Mota Boy
12-21-2006, 11:56 AM
If you don't like polka and don't have an appreciation for polka, then no. But if you do, then that changes things. You, obviously, don't, and you apparently don't dig R&B too much either. So why people who don't like or appreciate aspects of a genre they don't even like in the first place feel the need to pass judgment on others who DO and make music like that, well, it's beyond me.
1) How do you know I don't like R&B? Or polka for that matter?

2) Timberlake's music ain't just R&B, but pop - the sheer ubiquity of SexyBack should hopefully make it so that everyone can have an opinion on it, whether or not they meet the proper requirements for appreciation of any particular genre of music.

3) I'm not a huge fan of falsetto. According to your logic (as I'm reading it), by not liking it, I'm automatically not allowed to voice an opinion on it, precisely because I don't like it (also, I must not like any R&B because I dislike one aspect of the genre). You could apply the same logic to ANY form of art - attacking people for expressing a dissenting opinion - but that precludes debating the artistic merits of anything.

4) What's with all the hostility, yo?

Llamas
12-21-2006, 12:00 PM
I quite honestly like a lot of country/folk/bluegrass music, and one particular stand out element of those genres is the twangy guitar. I HATE the twangy guitar, and think that the best of that music I've ever heard went without it, and that the good music is best served through use of fiddles, accordians, harmonicas... but please no twangy guitars.

Llamas, "musicianship" has nothing to do with beat-making. You clearly don't get the significance of beatmaking, so let's have enough of the ivory-tower academic passing judgment on what you don't understand.
We referring to Timbaland here? Ricky called him a musical genuis. I commented in response to that. And ivory-tower academic passing judgement?? Seriously, wtf? Where was I passing ANY judgement in the first place??

I completely agree. Which is exactly why bringing it up and immedately running away from it is passive-aggressive. That's...kind of an obvious thing.
Ah. I was just being a dork. It was my way of saying, "I don't like Timbaland, but I'm not going to argue about it." It was not even close to being a way to instigate anything.

The graffiti thing, which was obviously just a joke on your part that I swear I wasn't upset about (I love you), but was also EXACTLY the kind of "starting arguments just for the sake of disagreeing" thing Nina mentioned/said some people were doing in the thread, whether it was on purpose or not (which is why I mentioned it).

I wasn't reviving anything, though. I was mocking ya. ;)

Yes ma'am. Which is relevant because she brought it up in this one. And also weird.

Llamas
12-21-2006, 12:08 PM
Back on topic of JT.

I liked him in Nsync. Though most will probalby disagree with me, I thought that the music in that group showed his talents better than his solo work does. I think that SexyBack and songs like it do anything but display his talent.

That said, I think he's quite a talented singer, but I don't think he's a stand-out when it comes to his falsetto. He can do falsetto without sounding like he's trying way too hard, which is definitely something. However, I don't think he's good enough to sing most of an entire song in it. And I've heard a LOT of falsetto, in many different genres of music besides modern R&B.

He seems like a nice guy in interviews, but I don't allow myself to pass judgement on a celebrity's personality based on what I read or hear in the media, since it always seems very fake to me. For instance, famous people seem to drastically change personalities with every album... like Christina. It could just happen to be like that, but most of the time I don't know what or who to believe, so I just choose to not care. His threatening of a fan, his lyrics (which I believe are co-written, right?), and his appearance in videos and such are all easily altered by the media and his producers. Therefore, I have no opinion on him as a person.

I try to judge musicians as artists and not as people, which is sometimes hard. Justin seems to be an above average singer (though, since he's such a mainstream artist, and I've never heard him sing without the option of electronic enhancement, that might not be fully try), and he's a good dancer for what is expected in mainstream pop music. I enjoy most of "My Love", and I still sometimes listen to Nsync because I always did appreciate his voice (never cared too much for JC's).

There is my full opinion on JT, Nina. :) I'm right, everyone else is wrong, end of story!

sKratch
12-21-2006, 12:34 PM
I've picked up what I thought was llamas hate from 1565... Could be wrong, but she seems very hostile toward her in every correspondence I've come across.

Llamas
12-21-2006, 12:44 PM
I've picked up what I thought was llamas hate from 1565... Could be wrong, but she seems very hostile toward her in every correspondence I've come across.
...you mean she hates me? Or the other way around? Because I don't hate anyone. :(

Nina
12-21-2006, 01:00 PM
I try to judge musicians as artists and not as people, which is sometimes hard. Justin seems to be an above average singer (though, since he's such a mainstream artist, and I've never heard him sing without the option of electronic enhancement, that might not be fully try), and he's a good dancer for what is expected in mainstream pop music. I enjoy most of "My Love", and I still sometimes listen to Nsync because I always did appreciate his voice (never cared too much for JC's).

Hm, have you really never heard him sing a capella? I dunno if you're interested but there is a long interview on youtube that I could dig out..it's very interesting and personal and he plays the piano and sings along with it (okay, not really a capella, but better than nothing ;P ). Just let me know if you're interested.

What I dont understand is why music always has to be extremely meaningful and the lyrics have to be written by the artist himself etc...I mean, isnt the result of it all enough sometimes? I often enjoy silly music simply because it sounds good, not necessarily because it's meaningful (Sexyback for instance. MAN what a catchy song). I like that just as much as songs with political lyrics and such.

Llamas
12-21-2006, 01:11 PM
Hm, have you really never heard him sing a capella? I dunno if you're interested but there is a long interview on youtube that I could dig out..it's very interesting and personal and he plays the piano and sings along with it (okay, not really a capella, but better than nothing ;P ). Just let me know if you're interested.
I would actually be interested in hearing that! :) Don't put yourself out to find it, but if you happen to come across it or whatever, I'd love to watch it. New perspective is always welcome.

What I dont understand is why music always has to be extremely meaningful and the lyrics have to be written by the artist himself etc...I mean, isnt the result of it all enough sometimes? I often enjoy silly music simply because it sounds good, not necessarily because it's meaningful (Sexyback for instance. MAN what a catchy song). I like that just as much as songs with political lyrics and such.

Oh, I don't think that music has to be extremely meaningful in any way ever. Hell, I freaking LOVE "Crazy" by Gnarles Barkley, and there's nothing that meaningful, from my perspective about that song. I also am a big fan of stuff like... BNL's funnier songs like If I had $1000000.

I like Justin's voice and all that. I liked the songs Nsync did, even though they sucked lyrically. There was something about the music itself that I did like,though. There's just nothing particularly grabbing about JT's solo work to me. He's got a well above average voice, but that's not enough to make me buy his album. Honestly, I just find most of his music boring. And that's nothing more than a personal opinion that can't be proven or argued, I suppose.

Vera
12-21-2006, 01:13 PM
N'Sync was in Finland once during the 90's. They got locked in the locker-room of a Finnish youth television show. I keep wondering what would've happened if they hadn't gotten the door open.

Nina
12-21-2006, 01:15 PM
Honestly, I just find most of his music boring. And that's nothing more than a personal opinion that can't be proven or argued, I suppose.

That's very true. I find so many songs utterly boring that most people love (like the song you mentioned, "Crazy". Everyone adores it! wwwhhyyyyyy?) so I get what you're saying.

Sanni, that's actually a hot thought. or maybe I'm just a perv.

P.S. Why did I develope the habit to call you "Vera" again? ugh.

sKratch
12-21-2006, 01:38 PM
...you mean she hates me? Or the other way around? Because I don't hate anyone. :(

Nah I don't think you hate her.

Little_Miss_1565
12-21-2006, 02:01 PM
1) How do you know I don't like R&B? Or polka for that matter?

2) Timberlake's music ain't just R&B, but pop - the sheer ubiquity of SexyBack should hopefully make it so that everyone can have an opinion on it, whether or not they meet the proper requirements for appreciation of any particular genre of music.

3) I'm not a huge fan of falsetto. According to your logic (as I'm reading it), by not liking it, I'm automatically not allowed to voice an opinion on it, precisely because I don't like it (also, I must not like any R&B because I dislike one aspect of the genre). You could apply the same logic to ANY form of art - attacking people for expressing a dissenting opinion - but that precludes debating the artistic merits of anything.

Sorry. Certain other people's attitudes have colored how I view the whole argument. What I take issue with is anyone saying that anything musical is "bad' or "wrong" outright without qualifying it by saying that it is a personal opinion. You said that accordion was "wrong" to use despite its importance to polka. A more accurate way to say it would be that you do not like the accordian.

IWe referring to Timbaland here? Ricky called him a musical genuis. I commented in response to that. And ivory-tower academic passing judgement?? Seriously, wtf? Where was I passing ANY judgement in the first place??

Ah. I was just being a dork. It was my way of saying, "I don't like Timbaland, but I'm not going to argue about it." It was not even close to being a way to instigate anything.

I call shenanigans.

So we're calling Timbaland a good musician? I'm definitely staying out of this conversation. :p.

Being a musical genius and being a good musician are two different things. Think of all the people who can do amazing string arrangements but can't play the violin worth a shit. Timbaland is a producer and a beatmaker. Neither of those things have anything to do with being a musician. They involve a good ear and good musical instinct. If you really didn't want to argue about something you wouldn't have said anything at all. Your comment, though you try to claim that it means you're not making an issue of it, is making an issue of it, and passing judgment by saying Timbaland isn't a musician and is therefore somehow lesser.

And Skratchykins is right on.

JohnnyNemesis
12-21-2006, 02:35 PM
If you really didn't want to argue about something you wouldn't have said anything at all.

Yeah. I love you, Bri...but this is what I was trying to say.

Llamas
12-21-2006, 05:22 PM
I see what you're saying about my post. I can totally see why it'd seem like I was trying to create an argument about it. When I posted it, though, it greatly was not my intent. I was 100% honestly just saying that I disagree, and then following it by saying I don't want to get into a discussion about why I think that. I could've just said, "I disagree", but then people would have asked "why?" I wanted to say that I disagree with that, because I do, but not get into it. And I still don't want to get into it. It was just that and that was all.

And I'm sick of all the hostility. I post things that are meant to stir you up or cause controversy, 1565. I've made approximately ONE rude post to you, and it was because your post to me before it came across as snobby. Whether or not it actually was may have been my mistake. The point is that you are rude to me in 90% of the posts you make to me, and it makes me not want to respond to you. I don't understand what your deal is with me, but it's completely ridiculous.

PS I don't care if I sound whiney. :)

Little_Miss_1565
12-21-2006, 05:36 PM
And I'm sick of all the hostility. I post things that are meant to stir you up or cause controversy, 1565. I've made approximately ONE rude post to you, and it was because your post to me before it came across as snobby. Whether or not it actually was may have been my mistake. The point is that you are rude to me in 90% of the posts you make to me, and it makes me not want to respond to you. I don't understand what your deal is with me, but it's completely ridiculous.

Yeah, you love stirring things up and causing controversy just for controversy's sake. It's really irritating. Also, a significant amount of the posts I've had to delete from the new album thread in GOD have been yours. Sure, you're not rude to me all that often, but you sure have been obnoxious in GOD over the last few weeks. To your credit it's gotten a lot better lately, things are on-topic and constructive, I get to lay off the delete button, awesome fun good times. Deleting shit, if you haven't guessed already, pisses me off, and I don't forget quickly who I've had to delete a lot of. You can be extremely condescending in arguments, and you frequently speak in absolutes, as though what you have to say is the way things are and that's the way it is, no two ways about it. Yeah, I can be obnoxious and condescending too, but I try only to dish out what's dished to me--or in the case of GOD, dished around.

Llamas
12-21-2006, 05:52 PM
TBH, you've mentioned very vaguely that you've had to delete posts, including some that were mine, but I've never noticed my posts being deleted. Instead of holding against me something I didn't know was that big of an issue, why didn't you PM me and tell me what was what and give me an idea of what I was doing that was upsetting you?

I have mentioned several times that I have a hard time expressing myself, and people take me far too seriously. My absolutes are 99% of the time NOT serious at all, and I've told you before that people take me too seriously, and then you got on me about not being good at expressing myself.

Paint_It_Black
12-21-2006, 08:34 PM
You know, if you can't get along with certain people, I really have found it's better to try and just ignore them.

Little_Miss_1565
12-21-2006, 08:42 PM
If you could see my screen, there are entire pages from that thread deleted. I thought that would have gotten someone's attention that an entire page of someone's discussion was gone. But alright, I'll chalk it up to that no one can see that something there's been deleted other than Tijs.

I understand what it's like to feel like you don't express yourself as you'd like. Take responsibility for it. Saying that people take you too seriously just sounds like an excuse.

Paint_It_Black
12-21-2006, 08:52 PM
I understand what it's like to feel like you don't express yourself as you'd like. Take responsibility for it.

She's freely admitted it several times. How else can someone take responsibility for something like that?

Saying that people take you too seriously just sounds like an excuse.

Or, it sounds like a natural result of not being able to express yourself as well as you'd like.

Sure, she's not perfect, but none of us are, right? But she's always genuinely willing to accept her own flaws, apologise when she knows she's wrong, and she really tries to get along well with everyone. Most of us could learn a thing or two from her.

JohnnyNemesis
12-21-2006, 09:05 PM
You're missing something; Sarah's asking to move from the "apology stage" to the following through with the "sentiments implied in the apology" stage. That's not too much to ask.

adombomb222
12-21-2006, 09:11 PM
No idea what’s going on, I couldn't care less. But the video was funny and scary.

Little_Miss_1565
12-21-2006, 09:12 PM
She's freely admitted it several times. How else can someone take responsibility for something like that?

By changing it. If you're having trouble expressing yourself, you're going to come across the wrong way, and you don't take responsibility for it by saying people take you too seriously. You learn what it is that you say that rubs people the wrong way and makes it sound like you're talking down to them when you aren't meaning to, and stop doing it.

Or, it sounds like a natural result of not being able to express yourself as well as you'd like.

Sure, she's not perfect, but none of us are, right? But she's always genuinely willing to accept her own flaws, apologise when she knows she's wrong, and she really tries to get along well with everyone. Most of us could learn a thing or two from her.

Sure, none of us are perfect. I'll admit my Scorpio temper gets the better of me sometimes, and I am working on it. I guess that's the difference--I could just say I'm a Scorpio and it takes me a long time to forget when someone has pissed me off, or I could say that and acknowledge that a change might be necessary to help interpersonal relations. Acknowledging and doing something about it are two different things. But my purpose in GOD is not to be everyone's friend, I'm supposed to help keep order in the on-topic forum.

EDIT:

You're missing something; Sarah's asking to move from the "apology stage" to the following through with the "sentiments implied in the apology" stage. That's not too much to ask.

Yeah, Ricky stole my thunder.

adombomb222
12-21-2006, 09:12 PM
If you could see my screen, there are entire pages from that thread deleted. I thought that would have gotten someone's attention that an entire page of someone's discussion was gone. But alright, I'll chalk it up to that no one can see that something there's been deleted other than Tijs.

I understand what it's like to feel like you don't express yourself as you'd like. Take responsibility for it. Saying that people take you too seriously just sounds like an excuse.

Wait I posted in that! I think, which one was it?

EDIT: I did http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27194&page=4. But still what was it, I forgot. What did I say. Oh god, I'm so lost. Why was it deleted?

Paint_It_Black
12-21-2006, 09:16 PM
Ah, I see where y'all are coming from.

Really though, Astrology? Really? Oh well.

Little_Miss_1565
12-21-2006, 09:18 PM
But still what was it, I forgot. What did I say. Oh god, I'm so lost. Why was it deleted?

Because it was a picture of tits. Is it really that difficult to understand? If I delete the first post in a thread, it deletes the whole thing.

Really though, Astrology? Really? Oh well.

Haha. :) You ever meet a Scorpio in real life? It makes sense.

adombomb222
12-21-2006, 09:19 PM
Oh yea... I was wondering when it was going to be deleted.

Little_Miss_1565
12-21-2006, 09:20 PM
You know, you can report posts.

adombomb222
12-21-2006, 09:21 PM
Oh yea... you told me that. I'm sorry, I am really out of it.

Rag Doll
12-21-2006, 09:37 PM
When I heard the FutureSex/LoveSounds album in Sam's car (YES EVERYONE BE JEALOUS OF ME MUAHAHAHAHA sheletmehughertoo)

we're pretty cool. and you danced in my car!! *swoon*

JohnnyNemesis
12-21-2006, 10:25 PM
lawl, I did lots of things in your car.

...LAWL

All About Eve
12-21-2006, 10:36 PM
So, so naughty.

After hearing SexyBack again, I think it'd sound a LOT better if it wasn't so overproduced.

adombomb222
12-21-2006, 10:39 PM
Ha ha! Justin Timberlake is, what so ever, not bringing sexy back, more like just plain bringing gay ass shit that doesn't make sense and is very annoying. He needs to die.

JohnnyNemesis
12-21-2006, 10:41 PM
Thanks, adombomb! I don't know what we would have done if you hadn't brought in the "retarded 12 year old" perspective! You just saved this thread!

adombomb222
12-21-2006, 10:43 PM
:D

Go walk off a cliff.

I'm 15 now.

sKratch
12-21-2006, 11:40 PM
I'm a scorpio, and all I've got to say is "Holy estrogen, Batman!"

Llamas
12-21-2006, 11:45 PM

Yeah, you'd think that, if I've known I've had a problem with it for atleast the past, oh, five years of my life, that at some point I might actually try to fix it. But no, I prefer to let it be and just tell people about it so that people can give me shit about it at every opportunity.

edit, thanks richard and nina for sticking up for me.

HornyPope
12-21-2006, 11:53 PM
lawl, I did lots of things in your car.

...LAWL

Did you do it in the butt?