PDA

View Full Version : Was anyone a forum member before splinter?

Talman
12-19-2006, 08:29 AM
If so, you'll remember the leaks going about. Well i uploaded the album to my server and offered it for download. I never really thought about what i was doing, and got a major scare from columbia records, when they threatened to sue the shit out of me. Well i just remembered the name of the website, and the my dumbshit ISP hasn't taken the website down. www.antiflag911.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk

I'll contact them about it now, to get it taken down. I just find it kinda funny how long the websites still been running for.

Tijs
12-19-2006, 08:44 AM
If you uploaded it and decorated that page, you can sure remove it too, right?

And I don't remember downloading it from you though, I think I got it from offspring.it.

F@ BANKZ
12-19-2006, 12:54 PM
it's abit harsh to get threats of being sued when The Offspring at one time intended to release a whole album on the net for free download.

Little_Miss_1565
12-19-2006, 01:39 PM
it's abit harsh to get threats of being sued when The Offspring at one time intended to release a whole album on the net for free download.

By that logic, we should all shit our pants because once upon a time we thought it was a great idea to do so several times a day.

hshduppsnt
12-19-2006, 01:42 PM
Yeah i think i got mine from offspring.it as well...

but yeah its funny considering how CO1 got leaked and all...

Oxygene
12-19-2006, 02:26 PM
actually I had americana up before release on a website (I think it was offspring.akg.hu or oxygene.akg.hu or something), and noone ever threatened any legal action, and the band didn't really care.. although they do sign away their rights to their own music, when they sign a record deal, so although they never saw downloads as a threat (dexters official point of view was something along the lines, of this is a new medium we have to integrate it in, not fight it), sony/columbia has the right to rape you if you share the offsprings music, it isn't the bands call.

DeAtHsTaR
12-19-2006, 02:35 PM

Well, he would get sued by Columbia Records, who if you remember, threatened to sue The Offspring when they planned to release CO1 online.

Danno
12-20-2006, 01:19 AM
Wow, Oxygene is still lurking around here. Nice to see a familiar face even though I haven't posted in over a year. Just popping in to say "Hi".

-Danno

Venom Symbiote
12-20-2006, 01:56 AM
Yeah, Oxygene is hardcore mega oldschool. Him, Tijs, and Idiot are about the only screennames I instantly recognised from the old one.

Izie
12-20-2006, 05:41 AM
OMG there was an album before splinter?

Oxygene
12-20-2006, 11:40 AM
Wow, Oxygene is still lurking around here. Nice to see a familiar face even though I haven't posted in over a year. Just popping in to say "Hi".

-Danno

yeah, now I'm the troll of the bbs.. it's nice to see a change of pace :)

Little_Miss_1565
12-20-2006, 02:15 PM
Oxy...you're not a troll. You don't troll. GC is just a very different forum from this one.