PDA

View Full Version : Cards vs Eletronic cards

Camilamazed
12-20-2006, 11:23 AM
Well, I don't remember if a thread like this has already been started and I must confess I didn't use the search button.

I got Christmas cards and sent a lot of them today (It was 20). I'm really glad when my friends send me cards. I do love the internet but this email thing kind of spoiled the feeling of getting letters, postcards or Christamas cards.

I do love getting and sending them and I totally dislike any kind of eletronic card.

What about you?

Marco
12-20-2006, 11:26 AM
I like them both.Normal cards are more fun to make and receive, but some electronic cards are really impressive. So it's a tie for me.

Nina
12-20-2006, 11:27 AM
I absolutely LOVE getting real mail. I never find the time to reply to emails, but I'll always try to find the time to reply to letters.
Letters are a beautiful, personal thing. I used to have many penpals but I stopped it when it turned into something insanely random and less personal.

e-cards are nice when you send them to e-people who you like, but dont know too well, same goes to receiving them. But people who matter will always get a real letter or card from me :] (unless I cant afford it, which I actually couldnt the last three years)

JohnnyNemesis
12-20-2006, 11:31 AM
I think it's interesting that all these electronic greetings and cards threaten to kill real physical cards and letters, but at the same time make real physical cards and letters more special. They're even more personal and special now that they're on life support, if you know what I mean.

I love real letters too.

Camilamazed
12-20-2006, 11:36 AM
Yeah, that's the point. When you get a real letter you're sure that your friends did it because he/she really cares about you. Eletronic mail though (IMO) shows that the person took advantage from the time spent on the internet and did what he/she is supposed to do.

That's why I've never, in my whole experience on the internet, sent an e-card. I do prefer real ones. People that are far from me always get phone calls.

killer_queen
12-20-2006, 11:38 AM
e-cards are nice when you send them to e-people who you like, but dont know too well, same goes to receiving them. But people who matter will always get a real letter or card from me :] (unless I cant afford it, which I actually couldnt the last three years)
Totally agree with this. E-cards are seriously disgusting when you get them from real life people because they all be like "hey, I do care about you. I sent you an e-card". How lovely, it took your 5 seconds and no effort. Should I be thankful for it?

Real letters and cards are very nice things. They're small things but they make everyone happy. I used to have lots of penpals too but they were fucking idiots so I stopped writing to them. Wish I could find good pen pals again. :(

Nina
12-20-2006, 11:39 AM
Gülsah!! Consider me your new penpal! I'd love to exchange letters with you. Gimme your thoughts on that through PM.

Camilamazed
12-20-2006, 11:45 AM
I'm also open (wow) to new pen pals.

=]