PDA

View Full Version : Hey, 1979 Has Thoughts Too

Nineteen Seventy Nine
12-20-2006, 12:30 PM
Whether you think my opinions are significant or not, an abundance of things have crossed my mind. I decided to provide you with some of them.

It irritates me when I see people with ripped jeans, with rips in places that Iíve never tore. The great thing about having holes in your jeans was having fun making the cuts in them, unintentionally. I donít think it looks ďcoolĒ either. I wouldnít be surprised if people start buying jeans with fake grass stains on the knees.

I recently noticed a dozen people have been eating the cake Iíve been blowing on for all of these years.

Chef Boyardee may be one of the biggest triumphs in canned-food history. Lunch, dinner, snack, whatever, youíll be eating ravioli in two minutes.

Iím one of the people that must try obtaining an album in CD format if itís good enough. Iíve heard some of my classmates ask, ďWho buys CDs anymore?Ē I do. The whole feeling of having the album physically is just awesome.

I participated in one of those food drives for the unfortunate earlier this month and I just have to mention how much I loved it. Besides helping cooking the chicken, I was the one accommodating to the people with canes or children how I would carry their plates to their table, and to assist them on searching for a seat. I made some new friends.

Personally, I think the Sega Genesis/Mega Drive rules all.

I donít think Dane Cook is as funny as people say he is. Yeah, I said it.

How long does it take to put Snakes On A Plane on a DVD?

Iíve always wondered if Detroit really is the city everyone stereotypes it to be. If it is, there must be some really secure towns out there.

Finally, has this BBS been getting better (interesting threads, humorous posts, etc.) or is it just me? On the other side, there seems to be a drastic increase in spammers and annoying members (ZagmenO, Oxygene, Agatio, I Make SweetLove 2Nirvana, etc.).

Italia311
12-20-2006, 12:33 PM
Not only did u refer to yourself in the 3rd person...but also...the numerical...interesting...

Omni
12-20-2006, 12:34 PM
He didn't refer to himself in the 3rd person.

EDIT: Er, well, he did in the topic. But that's it. If that's what you meant, my bad.

no_way
12-20-2006, 12:35 PM
He didn't refer to himself in the 3rd person.

Yes, he did. "1979 HAS thoughts too..."

Italia311
12-20-2006, 12:35 PM
seems to me he did...*shrug*

khaaaaan
12-20-2006, 12:36 PM
I'll gladly pay more for my pants if I know they've been worn by a little Chinaman to make them look worn and ripped. As a matter of fact, I did today.

Omni
12-20-2006, 12:36 PM
I edited it just before those things were posted :-D

I thought he was talking about in the topic. Like 1979 actually enjoys buying CDs, or whatever.

Italia311
12-20-2006, 12:38 PM
Well read next time...geez.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
12-20-2006, 12:38 PM
Wow, look how quickly my thread just plummeted downhill. *shakes head*

Omni
12-20-2006, 12:39 PM
Heh, it hasn't plummeted downhill. Just a misunderstanding. But, Detroit DOES have the highest crime rating in the country.

Italia311
12-20-2006, 12:40 PM
What did u expect...honestly. It is a load of shit.

killer_queen
12-20-2006, 12:40 PM
I don't buy CDs anymore. Even though I can afford buying lots of CDs. Musicians don't care about making good songs. All they care about is making a good album which means selling lots of albums. If they care about money so much then so do I. Since last year I'm only spending money on jazz CDs and I don't feel guilty at all.

Oh and ripped jeans are sexy as long as they're on hot girls.

no_way
12-20-2006, 12:42 PM
I’m one of the people that must try obtaining an album in CD format if it’s good enough. I’ve heard some of my classmates ask, “Who buys CDs anymore?” I do. The whole feeling of having the album physically is just awesome.

I'm one of those people too. No one understand my position. My mother complains "there's a guy in front of the supermarket that sells fake albums at $5!". Dammit, I want the original. Both because of the booklet which I always love reading and analizing, but also because I feel I'm doing something good for someone. I don't know, maybe I'm too insane. I don't buy as many anyway.

... there seems to be a drastic increase in spammers and annoying members (ZagmenO, Oxygene, Agatio, I Make SweetLove 2Nirvana, etc.).
There's always been - this BBS seems propense to them. Maybe because the mods don't do anything about them and prefer to make fun of them or call them annoying instead of ignoring them. But that's part of the charm this little place has

Autonomist
12-20-2006, 12:44 PM
Snakes on a Plane has just come out on DVD over here.

Lodat225
12-20-2006, 12:50 PM
... there seems to be a drastic increase in spammers and annoying members (ZagmenO, Oxygene, Agatio, I Make SweetLove 2Nirvana, etc.).

Oxygene isn't a spammer.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
12-20-2006, 12:52 PM
Detroit DOES have the highest crime rating in the country.
True, but I want someone to post how much crime make a difference in one's major city.

I don't buy CDs anymore...
The prices and money don't bother me.

Oh and ripped jeans are sexy as long as they're on hot girls.
I honestly can't see how holes above the knees in a pair of pants can make a girl look any sexier.

I'm one of those people too...
It's nice to see there's still people out there that like to get the actual album.

There's always been - this BBS seems propense to them. Maybe because the mods don't do anything about them and prefer to make fun of them or call them annoying instead of ignoring them. But that's part of the charm this little place has
You're right. I think too many members are popularizing the spammers and giving them too much attention.

Snakes on a Plane has just come out on DVD over here.
I predicted it'd be out before Christmas, with Ricky Bobby already out and all, but now this news look like it will be out in the U.S. probably in January.

Oxygene isn't a spammer.
I mentioned something else:

Apathy
12-20-2006, 12:58 PM
Fucking EVERYONE has ripped jeans now. I used to think that they were pretty cool back when they'd just sort of come about on their own from getting old or whatnot. It gave them a sense of character if that makes sense, people know that you like them and wear them a lot.
Now that they produce them with rips, it just looks stupid.

I agree with you about CD's. The feeling of opening the cd, and just having it and all of the liner notes makes me happy.
Plus many of the bands I enjoy are smaller and I can order them straight out of their band website (or Asian Man) and I know that the money is going straight to them and not some huge evil corporation or label.

I disagree however with Chef Boyardee, I think it tastes horrible as real pasta is one of my favorite foods.
I also disagree with the boards situation. Almost every thread lately turns into a little bitch fest between two or more members. I have my own ideas as to who is at blame for this, but eh.

WebDudette
12-20-2006, 02:00 PM
I try to buy cd's when I have the moeny. Once I get a job I'll probably spend the first paycheck on just cd's, but as of right now I have very few and download alot of music.

Ripped jeans are ridiculous, same with the prefaded ones.

When I first came to the BBS it was pure awesome excluding the spammers, then it got a little boring, now I'm starting to enjoy it more.

Chef Boyardee is meh, it's ok but I would rather have Macaronni and Cheese.

opivy21
12-20-2006, 02:27 PM
CDs are basically where all the money I get goes. I don't mind giving money to people so that they can keep on making good music.

I don't think Dane Cook is that funny either. Very overrated.

Chef Boyardee... not so much good. There's much better frozen/canned foods out there.

WebDudette
12-20-2006, 02:28 PM
Oh yeah, I really don't think Dane Cook is all that funny.

0r4ng3
12-20-2006, 02:29 PM
I used to think Dane Cook was really funny, but not so much anymore. Mitch Hedberg is where it's at. Y'know, if he were still alive.

Thomas
12-20-2006, 02:34 PM
My God... I thought I was the only one who thought Dane Cook is overrated...

WebDudette
12-20-2006, 02:45 PM
Just be yourself turkey, we love you for who you are.

lilian [darkest star]
12-20-2006, 04:08 PM
I used to think Dane Cook was really funny, but not so much anymore. Mitch Hedberg is where it's at. Y'know, if he were still alive.

Ohh yea, i read somewhere he died, how did he die though?

Paint_It_Black
12-20-2006, 04:18 PM
What did u expect...honestly. It is a load of shit.

Nope, you're thinking of everything you post.

Dane Cook used to be funnier.

The BBS has seemed a little more fun lately, but for me it all generally depends who's posting at the same time as me. With certain members I can just bounce replies back and forth and sometimes create some good stuff.

Lodat225
12-20-2006, 04:20 PM
I'm always posting when you are so i'm the reason this BBS is fun.

0r4ng3
12-20-2006, 04:24 PM
;940259']Ohh yea, i read somewhere he died, how did he die though?
Drug overdose last year. Sucks, because he was really funny.

Paint_It_Black
12-20-2006, 04:24 PM
Hmm, actually you weren't exactly one of the people I had in mind.

Lodat225
12-20-2006, 04:26 PM
I know. I was lying.

adombomb222
12-20-2006, 05:16 PM
Iím one of the people that must try obtaining an album in CD format if itís good enough. Iíve heard some of my classmates ask, ďWho buys CDs anymore?Ē I do. The whole feeling of having the album physically is just awesome.

I participated in one of those food drives for the unfortunate earlier this month and I just have to mention how much I loved it. Besides helping cooking the chicken, I was the one accommodating to the people with canes or children how I would carry their plates to their table, and to assist them on searching for a seat. I made some new friends.

Ha I'm not crazy! I love to have the physical album as well, it's like a symbol or something, Iím put all mine up on a wall in my room. My sister has done the same thing, but she made a mini collage in each CD case and now she has about 120 mini CD collages on her living room wall, it's very creative and I like it.

Helping out people who need help is the most amazing thing you can do, I applaud you. Starting next year Iím going to start help build homes for needy families.

sk8ter-hater
12-20-2006, 05:21 PM
The Chef Boyardee ravioli is one of the most disgusting pieces of food I have ever tasted. I'd much rather eat a can of mushroom stems.
Pointing out that Dane Cook is not funny is too obvious. And yes, Mitch Hedberg's where it's at.
As much as I hate people with ripped jeans, I hate guys with incredibly tight jeans. It's like a ballsack corset.
Explain the cake part.

lilian [darkest star]
12-20-2006, 06:06 PM

Ehhh thats what i assumed, he was sooo funny

Nineteen Seventy Nine
12-20-2006, 06:43 PM
Explain the cake part.

Birthday cakes. A kid blows and spits all over it (because of the candles) and then ten other people eat the cake later.

opivy21
12-20-2006, 07:27 PM
Birthday cakes. A kid blows and spits all over it (because of the candles) and then ten other people eat the cake later.
Eh, that's not bad at all. You don't get free cake every day and you gotta take it how you can.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
12-20-2006, 07:29 PM
It depends on your point of view.

Let's say you're at some meeting and they have donuts on display for anyone to take and eat. Then, some dude walks up to the donuts and blows all over them. Would you still eat them?

WebDudette
12-20-2006, 07:30 PM
Are they jelly filled?

Nineteen Seventy Nine
12-20-2006, 07:33 PM
Some. The remaining are glazed, chocolate covered, sprinkled, and plain. I'm sure that changed your whole idea, didn't it?

Lodat225
12-20-2006, 07:35 PM
Some. The remaining are glazed, chocolate covered, sprinkled, and plain. I'm sure that changed your whole idea, didn't it?

I say nope to Dope!

WebDudette
12-20-2006, 07:39 PM
Probably not then. I would have eaten them spit free though. Bastard blowing on my doughnuts.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
12-20-2006, 07:40 PM
New thought: Is it doughnuts or donuts?
--
Is it "Dee-troit" or "Det-troit"?

Lodat225
12-20-2006, 07:42 PM
New thought: Is it doughnuts or donuts?
--
Is it "Dee-troit" or "Det-troit"?

Donut. Detroit.

WebDudette
12-20-2006, 07:45 PM
I say doughnut, I think it technically is donut though. As a kid I thought that was a brand of doughnuts and always spelt it out like that.

Apathy
12-20-2006, 07:46 PM
Detroit.

...that doesn't actually answer anything.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
12-20-2006, 07:48 PM
It's just like "New Or-lins" or "New Or-leens". What is the real pronouncination for these cities?

Google time.

Lodat225
12-20-2006, 07:49 PM
...that doesn't actually answer anything.

He asked "Is it "Dee-troit" or "Det-troit"?"

WebDudette
12-20-2006, 07:49 PM
Doughnut and donut are pronounced the same I think. Also, pronuciation all depends on where you are from alot of the time.

You still didn't answer anything. You just replied with the name of the city...

0r4ng3
12-20-2006, 07:52 PM
I pronounce it doughnut. Like, literally. Doh-oo-guh-nut. It's fun to say it like that.

Lodat225
12-20-2006, 07:54 PM
I pronounce it doughnut. Like, literally. Doh-oo-guh-nut. It's fun to say it like that.

Why ?

opivy21
12-20-2006, 07:55 PM
I guess if I could actually see drops of spit, then I would think twice about eating it.

Donut
Dee-troit
Nawlins

Apathy
12-20-2006, 07:57 PM
He asked "Is it "Dee-troit" or "Det-troit"?"

exactly.
That's like saying: Is the answer 'A' or 'B'?
To which you respond (quite sure of yourself I might add): '7'!

I say both without realizing it.

Lodat225
12-20-2006, 07:58 PM
exactly.
That's like saying: Is the answer 'A' or 'B'?
To which you respond (quite sure of yourself I might add): '7'!

I say both without realizing it.

I said it's not either. God.

Apathy
12-20-2006, 08:05 PM
No, You didn't.

You responded with the actual name of the city in question, not actually giving any insight on how to pronounce it, which was the entire point.

Think of it like this -
Person A: "Detroit can be pronounced a number of ways 'Dee-troit' or 'Det-troit'"

Person B: "Detroit."

That doesn't actually answer anything. Understand?
If someone asked you how to pronounce 'faux' and wondered weather it was 'fox' (how it sounds) or 'faw' (how it's actually pronounced) you can't respond with 'faux'. Because that doesn't actually tell them anything.

Lodat225
12-20-2006, 08:08 PM
Chill the fuck out.

Apathy
12-20-2006, 08:21 PM
heh... I am chillaxed.

Way to admit you're wrong by the way.

Paint_It_Black
12-20-2006, 10:33 PM
Lodat's starting to annoy me again. Dumb as fuck and making waaay too many threads.

Which is more annoying I wonder, the fact that Lodat is dumb as fuck or the fact that Lodat's making too many threads?

My answer, in a format he should understand, is: Lodat.

Nina
12-21-2006, 12:38 AM
It irritates me when I see people with ripped jeans, with rips in places that Iíve never tore. The great thing about having holes in your jeans was having fun making the cuts in them, unintentionally. I donít think it looks ďcoolĒ either. I wouldnít be surprised if people start buying jeans with fake grass stains on the knees.

The grass stains thing already exists. I've seen it more than once.

I agree, and I never buy an album unless I am 100% sure that I'll like it. Music is very expensive over here, I'd even say its more expensive than in the US, and I lack the money. I am glad the net exists, that way I can download single songs (I will NEVER buy singles, sorry).

Finally, has this BBS been getting better (interesting threads, humorous posts, etc.) or is it just me? On the other side, there seems to be a drastic increase in spammers and annoying members (ZagmenO, Oxygene, Agatio, I Make SweetLove 2Nirvana, etc.).

My personal problem with it is that many many people think their opinions are facts. That has always been annoying to me, but this thought and behaviour increases on the BBS. highly disturbing.

Mota Boy
12-21-2006, 12:52 AM
It's just like "New Or-lins" or "New Or-leens". What is the real pronouncination for these cities?N'awlins.

Lodat225
12-21-2006, 12:34 PM
heh... I am chillaxed.

Way to admit you're wrong by the way.

I know. I was wrong, but you write a whole paragraph. Just get over it.

Lodat's starting to annoy me again. Dumb as fuck and making waaay too many threads.

Which is more annoying I wonder, the fact that Lodat is dumb as fuck or the fact that Lodat's making too many threads?

My answer, in a format he should understand, is: Lodat.

Yeah, oh well. I made alot of threads yesterday 'cause it was boring, but im not going to make that much more threads.

Nina
12-21-2006, 01:03 PM
.N'awlins.

makes me go hjbfhnvkjdnsjkdvb<auzwg<iusvj
silly people.

Apathy
12-21-2006, 01:21 PM
I know. I was wrong, but you write a whole paragraph. Just get over it.

I dislike telling people they are wrong and then not giving them a reason.

It makes you look stupid.

JohnnyNemesis
12-21-2006, 01:28 PM
I like NineteenSeventyNine. He's a good person.

ninthlayer
12-22-2006, 03:55 PM
I disagree, but I'm a very negative person and can't stand "Pay Attention to Me!" threads.

Llamas
12-22-2006, 04:20 PM
makes me go hjbfhnvkjdnsjkdvb<auzwg<iusvj
silly people.
Yeah, that's how I'd say it, too. ;)

It is said "Narlins", or atleast that's how people from there say it, haha. Freaks. I say it "New Or-lins". People in wisconsin say it fully, "New Or-Leens", but in MN people say it a little more bastardized.

I say "Dih-Troit".

Is it "Or-uh-gon" or "Or-gin"? Stupid people from there saying it the second way... :p

If you live in wisconsin, you don't say "Mil-wah-kee", you pretty much say "Mwah-kee".

-----

I still buy cds, but I'm poor lately. I bought 3 cds a few months ago, and today I bought a used cd for $6. There are so many I want... but I can't afford them. :(

Oh, and torn/stained jeans = EW. Yuck.

Harnum
12-23-2006, 08:13 AM

MITCH HEDBERG IS DEAD! WHERE THE HELL HAVE I BEEN FOR THE LAST..... WHILE?!

Nineteen Seventy Nine
12-23-2006, 05:53 PM
Also, I just remembered how much I hate it when restaurants fill up my glass of pop with ice.

1) The drink usually comes out cold already.
2) It makes the beverage all water-like.
3) It's all ice and barely any pop. If it isn't free refills, it's a complete rip-off.

Lodat225
12-23-2006, 05:57 PM
Also, I just remembered how much I hate it when restaurants fill up my glass of pop with ice.

1) The drink usually comes out cold already.
2) It makes the beverage all water-like.
3) It's all ice and barely any pop. If it isn't free refills, it's a complete rip-off.

Yeah! It's true. It's all water like!