PDA

View Full Version : how many more

Embodude2004
12-23-2004, 05:51 PM
How many more albums do you think the offspring are gonna realese before they retire because there gettin really old. But age doesnt matter unless there voice startes cracking and they sound like they have been sucking helium balloons

nitropenguin!
12-23-2004, 06:31 PM
Umm... probably 2 more. I dunno, I kinda have a feeling the next will be their last one.

dannydvb
12-23-2004, 06:39 PM
dam man thats a good question? I have a feeling there gonna have three more albums and maybe they might just retire but will see what happens when the years go by.

Redman
12-23-2004, 06:50 PM
They're hardly really old.

If they're going to continue releasing crap like most of the material on the last three albums, the sooner the better.

The meaning of life
12-23-2004, 07:15 PM
I dont want the offspring do something like Hit that again...
I want the Ixnay or Smah or the album you want but please something better like splinter...i like splinter but...Its the album i lesslike...I think they gonna do juste another one

Noodles is gay
12-24-2004, 04:21 AM
I reckon/hope that if their next album flops like Splinter did they'll call it quits. However, if the next one is anything like Smash they'll probably edge their bets and release more after it.

extraordinarygoodgrocer
12-24-2004, 04:38 AM
As long as the band is reasonably successful, I think they will continue as long as they can. They're not that old.

Kitten
12-24-2004, 06:23 AM
I think they will continue for as long as they still enjoy it.

Lullaby
12-24-2004, 06:39 AM
....really good question..a lot of people I know think that their next release probably will be their last....but I hope they will continue....

meaning_of_life
12-24-2004, 07:01 AM
How many more albums do you think the offspring are gonna realese before they retire because there gettin really old. But age doesnt matter unless there voice startes cracking and they sound like they have been sucking helium balloons
funny you say that. i have seen offspring four times, ixnay tour, americana, CO1 and splinter, and i have to say that i think dexters voice is really beginning to come undone. i dunno, maybe it was a bad night, but hes voice was really quite high, and sounded quite strained. every other time ive seen offspring live theyve rocked my sox, but its just how you prophecised, hes voice sounds like hes been sucking on helium. a example on splinter is on long way home, when he says "on and on il take the long way" hes voice gets really high. any one else find the same thing on tour? i think theyl make one more album by the way.

Jake
12-24-2004, 07:24 AM
they have said many times that they love making music and touring the world, playing everynight! i say 10 more albums!

Camilamazed
12-24-2004, 07:24 AM
:( Oh God..It's a thing that I don't like even to think about. Reading this post really pulled me down...I've got nothing to say.I've always felt secure having them inmy life, after all it's been almost ten years.I grew up listening to them.I have never thought about not having them in a few years.I hope i'm totally wrong :(

Embodude2004
12-24-2004, 07:58 AM
funny you say that. i have seen offspring four times, ixnay tour, americana, CO1 and splinter, and i have to say that i think dexters voice is really beginning to come undone. i dunno, maybe it was a bad night, but hes voice was really quite high, and sounded quite strained. every other time ive seen offspring live theyve rocked my sox, but its just how you prophecised, hes voice sounds like hes been sucking on helium. a example on splinter is on long way home, when he says "on and on il take the long way" hes voice gets really high. any one else find the same thing on tour? i think theyl make one more album by the way.

Yeah i know what your saying. i went to the splinter tour and i was like ok thats not dexters voice

Obie2trice
12-24-2004, 08:50 AM
I thought his voice was just ok during the Splinter tour. And Splinter didn`t flop, it just didn`t became that big as Americana. I hope they will continue working on new albums, we will see how many will come

Satankaban
12-24-2004, 09:02 AM
You think they are old but they are about 40 years so they arenīt old! So they have many years to work on more albums! Now they will probably release their first greatest hits album. So there will be the best songs of their seven albums. Theyīll can do seven more albums and maybe more!!!

MirandaV
12-24-2004, 09:08 AM
We all know theyre going to make 2 more, the gh and the new one after that.

HeadAroundU
12-25-2004, 10:32 AM
In my opinion The offspring are not too old to make music!
Maybe they are old to make punk!,because they have great talent to make punk.You know Da hui is great song,but it is only 1:30 min song,They should play modern rock or something:Defy you,Denial revisited,Million miles away,Race against myself,pay the man............
I love offspring punk but it time to change style because they are too talented!
And splinter wasn't succesfull album because they are not full mainstream band!!!!!They have great sound on this album and they are better and better ..............
If you need "Smash" go to listen smash!!
And i'm sure there will be 3 more albums,they have new drummer not only for next album!!
Then maybe they quit and will make great comeback :D

La_Plume_Noire
12-25-2004, 12:33 PM
I hope they continue to play music until they've fun to play ! If they play without fun, it's too bad for them and also for us because the music must be pretty bad ! So have fun !! ;)

noodlesdec25
12-25-2004, 12:33 PM
WTF! i think this is REALLY a stupid threat.........lets see what they are doing now, not think of the future.........the guys are still young and we cant start thinking of their retirement

Noodles is gay
12-25-2004, 01:13 PM
We all know theyre going to make 2 more, the gh and the new one after that.

Well not necessarily...one of them might get hit by a train or summat, then they probably wouldn't release another album.

Venezuelan_Nightmare
12-25-2004, 01:44 PM
i donīt want to think about but would be great many disc before offspring stop working:( or maybe just pass the guittar bass drum and vocal to their childrens :D

dexterisMYman
12-27-2004, 10:11 AM
im gonna say 3 or 4

Offspring Pyro
12-27-2004, 10:18 AM
Do you think that you guys would eventually loose interest in the offspring after they quit? I dont want to think about that.