PDA

View Full Version : it would be cool ... in metal ;)

summer_guy
12-21-2006, 07:08 AM
offspringi should make some metal :) some songs i mean not the hole fucking album :O or what do u think guys?

ZagmenO
12-21-2006, 07:14 AM
They don't strike me as the "metal type" but I'm highly confident they can pull it off!

Hypodermic_89
12-21-2006, 08:26 AM
Some heavy riffs every now and then would be sweet.

German Andres
12-21-2006, 08:38 AM
Yeah, they don`t have that metal style, but it`d be good to hear some different songs.
I`d like to hear more blues also, just like the self titled...that`d be really cool!

Amiralanal
12-21-2006, 08:39 AM
it would be cool if they got makeup and kissed eachother too.

SMASH0390
12-21-2006, 08:52 AM
i dont think they mean hair metal shit. They kinda already have metal in them because they arnt straight up punk lets face it. In some cases they have been compared to grunge at least as far as taking punk and making it more alternative sounding. they definetly take aspect of punk (fast energy) and metal(heavier riffs) and mix it up a bit. you'd be a liar if you said that wasnt true.

Marco
12-21-2006, 10:14 AM
i dont think they mean hair metal shit. They kinda already have metal in them because they arnt straight up punk lets face it. In some cases they have been compared to grunge at least as far as taking punk and making it more alternative sounding. they definetly take aspect of punk (fast energy) and metal(heavier riffs) and mix it up a bit. you'd be a liar if you said that wasnt true.
Usually they are also referred as "metal-influenced punk".

Biggest offspring fan
12-21-2006, 10:19 AM
If you want to hear an offspring song with some metal in listen to their acdc cover Sin City. But i really think that they should stick to what they are best at Punk and Punk/Rock.

malibu43
12-21-2006, 02:03 PM
offspringi should make some metal :) some songs i mean not the hole fucking album :O or what do u think guys?

Then why not just listen to a metal band?

I think it's weird when people say they want them to do some songs that sound like this or that. Offspring should write whatever songs they are inspired to. Then they can record them and we'll decide if we like them. When you're in a band and you write songs, you don't just wake up one day and go "I'm writing a metal song today," or go "This album has seven punk songs, so we need 2 metal songs, a pop song, and a ballad to complete it." You start with an idea and work it into a song that makes whatever your idea was sound the best.

RazielSR
12-21-2006, 02:53 PM

I think it's weird when people say they want them to do some songs that sound like this or that. Offspring should write whatever songs they are inspired to. Then they can record them and we'll decide if we like them. When you're in a band and you write songs, you don't just wake up one day and go "I'm writing a metal song today," or go "This album has seven punk songs, so we need 2 metal songs, a pop song, and a ballad to complete it." You start with an idea and work it into a song that makes whatever your idea was sound the best.

TOTALLY AGREE.

Come out and smash'em up!
12-21-2006, 03:45 PM
a metal song as a joke for a b-side of single :p

Venom Symbiote
12-21-2006, 04:01 PM
You people are idiots. Most of Smash and Ixnay were as much metal as they were punk. Not thrash-metal, not complicated "widdly widdly" guitar wankery metal, but in that classic kind of simple oldschool chunky way. "Metal before it was called metal", as I call it. In all honesty, this band is as much AC~DC as it is The Vandals. I'm not talking Slayer and shit here, of course they've never done anything like that. Nor should they.

My opinion on this depends. If by "we're gonna do a metal song!" they mean "Race Against Myself" type stuff again? Then stay the fuck away from metal. That song was mallcore nu-metally balls.

If they're talking about, you know, trying another song with elements that sound like the beginning of "Mota"? Then fuck yeah, go for it.

I really think these guys could pull off a great metal song or two. I'm not meaning like 9-minute 1986 epic solo thrash/death songs or anything like that. But just beefy guitar riffs that blow your fucking head off with their badassness.

Songs like "Amazed" do that for me. I wouldn't call that a metal song, but it sure has that vibe going about it. The guitar's still simple and Offspring-y, but for some reason it just hits you hard and rips your balls off and feeds them to gypsy monkeys.

We need more of this phenomenon.

DeAtHsTaR
12-21-2006, 05:56 PM
Yeah, they have tons of metal influence. Just look at LAPD, Kick Him WHen He's Down, Defy You, A Thousand Days, Something to Believe In, The Meaning of Life, just to start.

SMASH0390
12-21-2006, 08:59 PM

yea lol what he said is very true just listen to a metal band. cough* PANTERA cough*

malibu43
12-21-2006, 11:26 PM
You people are idiots. Most of Smash and Ixnay were as much metal as they were punk. Not thrash-metal, not complicated "widdly widdly" guitar wankery metal, but in that classic kind of simple oldschool chunky way. "Metal before it was called metal", as I call it. In all honesty, this band is as much AC~DC as it is The Vandals. I'm not talking Slayer and shit here, of course they've never done anything like that. Nor should they.

My opinion on this depends. If by "we're gonna do a metal song!" they mean "Race Against Myself" type stuff again? Then stay the fuck away from metal. That song was mallcore nu-metally balls.

If they're talking about, you know, trying another song with elements that sound like the beginning of "Mota"? Then fuck yeah, go for it.

I really think these guys could pull off a great metal song or two. I'm not meaning like 9-minute 1986 epic solo thrash/death songs or anything like that. But just beefy guitar riffs that blow your fucking head off with their badassness.

Songs like "Amazed" do that for me. I wouldn't call that a metal song, but it sure has that vibe going about it. The guitar's still simple and Offspring-y, but for some reason it just hits you hard and rips your balls off and feeds them to gypsy monkeys.

We need more of this phenomenon.

I never said they didn't have metal influence in their music. Most bands these days have hints of every type of "rock" that exist in their music. I also never said they have never written any songs that are kind of metal-ish. Of course they have.

I was just saying I think it's weird when people come on a forum for a band that is predominantly punk/pop punk (whatever you want to call it, some type of punk) and then say they should start writing metal songs. If they wrote all metal songs, they wouldn't sound like Offspring songs anymore (except vocals and guitar tone). So then what would the point be of wanting the Offspring to do it if it won't sound like them anymore anyway. Just find a metal band.

adombomb222
12-21-2006, 11:42 PM
I want to hear a metal version of "Have You Ever" and umm... Self-Esteem!

Jojan
12-22-2006, 03:57 AM
Race Against Myself is kind of metal.

summer_guy
12-22-2006, 05:48 AM
well i think cant get my head around you is a bit metal type .. i usually dont listen metal but .. i thought how offspring sound like if their going to do metal

Grabbal
12-22-2006, 05:16 PM
There are metal covers of "tkaa" and "smash"..

Pickles
12-22-2006, 07:21 PM
There are metal covers of "tkaa" and "smash"..

They are kinda hardcoreish...and they suck.

Venom Symbiote
12-22-2006, 08:11 PM
Malibu, that's shitty logic. They have just as much metal in the earlier records as there is pop-punk in the newer ones.

Jojan? Lies, all lies. That song is Limp Bizkit style metal, minus the rapping. Which isn't metal at all, unless you're a fat wigger.

German Andres
12-23-2006, 10:59 AM

Like someone said...TOTALLY AGREE (even though I wrote that I`d like to hear some more blues...nevermind about that, je)

Venom Symbiote
12-23-2006, 11:13 PM
Again: that's just plain stupid. So why did they do ska songs? Why don't we just go listen to a ska band instead? Ballads? I could go listen to fucking Bon Jovi instead.

Shitty, shitty logic, and those of you preaching it fondle monkeys in your spare time.

Little_Miss_1565
12-23-2006, 11:58 PM
Again: that's just plain stupid. So why did they do ska songs?

Offspring should write whatever songs they are inspired to. Then they can record them and we'll decide if we like them.

That's why, Venom. But, to be fair...

When you're in a band and you write songs, you don't just wake up one day and go "I'm writing a metal song today," or go "This album has seven punk songs, so we need 2 metal songs, a pop song, and a ballad to complete it."

Actually, that's exactly how it can go.

Venom Symbiote
12-24-2006, 12:11 AM
...I like the ska songs. What I'm arguing is, it's stupid to say "why would we want The Offspring to write a metal song? If you want metal, go listen to a metal band". That's fucking retarded.

The same reason that they write ska or pop songs, they can write metal songs.