PDA

View Full Version : Chicken Pox!!

Overworked & Underfucked
12-21-2006, 08:25 AM
I've got the freakin' Chicken Pox... I can't believe this. I had them when I was three or four, and here we are, fifteen years later, and I've got 'em again!! Apparently in very rare cases, a person can get them twice, and of course, I had to be one of those very rare cases. Everyone lay some sympathy on me!! Just don't get too close... I'm contagious...

Izie
12-21-2006, 08:27 AM
I hope you die, you diseased pile of infectious waste.

- Divorcee.

0r4ng3
12-21-2006, 10:21 AM
Hooray for rare cases! I had it twice, too. Once when I was very young (like 3 or 4), and again when I was 8. It was fun.

Endymion
12-21-2006, 10:27 AM
plague carrier.

JohnnyNemesis
12-21-2006, 10:28 AM
I could be wrong, but I thought you could only get the Chicken Pox once. Usually people think they've got it twice, but one is Measles and the other is Chicken Pox.

Again, I could be wrong. I had the Chicken Pox when I was twelve, and it was so fucking miserable. But you know how when you're really sick, the best thing that can happen is your favorite movie on television? FERRIS BUELLER'S DAY OFF, BABY! WOO!

I also remember that my brother had just bought a Sega Saturn, and I was just getting good at Virtua Fighter 2...I was whooping his fuckin' ass, but then I got the Chicken Pox and couldn't touch his things anymore, lest I give him the sickness. Ugh!

the_offsprings_monkey
12-21-2006, 10:32 AM
I thought you could only get it once?! I had it when I was about 3 or 4 and my god was it itchy, but my mum wouldn't let me scratch :(. But I managed to sneak in a quick scratch an now I've got a tiny scar on my chest lol.

F@ BANKZ
12-21-2006, 10:55 AM
It's not very rare to get it twice, i know 5 or 6 people that have told me at one point or another they had it twice, but i'm yet to meet some-one who's had it 3 times so this should be your last.

Oxygene
12-21-2006, 11:55 AM
I've got the freakin' Chicken Pox... I can't believe this. I had them when I was three or four, and here we are, fifteen years later, and I've got 'em again!! Apparently in very rare cases, a person can get them twice, and of course, I had to be one of those very rare cases. Everyone lay some sympathy on me!! Just don't get too close... I'm contagious...

no wonder yer underfucked :)

Mota Boy
12-21-2006, 12:49 PM
I also remember that my brother had just bought a Sega Saturn, and I was just getting good at Virtua Fighter 2...I was whooping his fuckin' ass, but then I got the Chicken Pox and couldn't touch his things anymore, lest I give him the sickness. Ugh!
Why? My mother wanted us to get it as quickly as possible, even telling me she was going to send me over to play with an infected friend so that I'd catch it, because the disease affects you worse the older you are when you get it. I recall lying on my couch in an oversized t-shirt, twisting my entire body back and forth for the all-over-itch and watching The Mysterious Island.

Over and Under - you must be miserable. Good luck maintaining your sanity.

Lodat225
12-21-2006, 12:51 PM
I haven't gotten it yet. Oh shit.

0r4ng3
12-21-2006, 02:58 PM
Why? My mother wanted us to get it as quickly as possible, even telling me she was going to send me over to play with an infected friend so that I'd catch it, because the disease affects you worse the older you are when you get it.
Yeah, my mom did the same thing the first time I got teh poxz0rz. Then look what happened.

JohnnyNemesis
12-21-2006, 03:02 PM
Why? My mother wanted us to get it as quickly as possible, even telling me she was going to send me over to play with an infected friend so that I'd catch it, because the disease affects you worse the older you are when you get it.

My brother was 23 at the time, so he was old enough to go through hell for it by then.

EMehl6
12-21-2006, 03:05 PM
I haven't gotten it yet. Oh shit.

They do have a vaccination for people who've never had it. Though sometimes it causes the people to get the pox.

offspring dude
12-21-2006, 03:07 PM
I haven't gotten chicken pox yet but i'm guessing its pretty bad and annoying. Is there any kinf of sircumstances/factors than can help/ prevent chicken pox? I'm pretty ignorant on this, how do you even get it?

Lodat225
12-21-2006, 03:08 PM
Don't you have to get it? At least once?

Paint_It_Black
12-21-2006, 05:13 PM
I had it twice.

Yes, confirmed by a doctor, yes it really can happen.

All About Eve
12-21-2006, 05:20 PM
You must have gotten mine case then.

EMehl6
12-21-2006, 05:22 PM
Don't you have to get it? At least once?

Not if you're vaccinated for it.

Overworked & Underfucked
12-21-2006, 07:23 PM
As far as my research has gone, it is possible to get it twice, and it is much worse the older you are. Though there is an exception to that rule; if you get it for the first time later on in life, it will be terrible. If you've already had it, and now you've grown up and you've got it again, it usually isn't quite as bad as it was the first time. There is indeed a vaccine for it, but only since 1995. I had already had the chicken pox and moved on by the time there was an innoculation available.

I'm not in agony or anything but it appears to be getting worse.... I'm not allowed to go to my family Christmas party now :( All the family that I only see once every few years will be right around the corner from me and I'm not even allowed to drop in to say hello.

no wonder yer underfucked :)

Good call! Though I was underfucked long before I had an infectious disease.

Lodat225
12-21-2006, 07:25 PM
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j318/CatherinesDaughter/TheresaAndSugar.jpg

With that face/body why would you be underfucked?

Unless you became hideous.

WebDudette
12-21-2006, 07:27 PM
I believe I have had it twice. But as Rick said it could have been measles one of the times.

It's hell.

0r4ng3
12-21-2006, 07:31 PM
Haha lodat, way to post in the wrong thread. I think.

Lodat225
12-21-2006, 07:32 PM
Haha lodat, way to post in the wrong thread. I think.

Nope, i was just replying to that post.

Good call! Though I was underfucked long before I had an infectious disease.

0r4ng3
12-21-2006, 07:34 PM
Oh, I didn't read that part. Whoops.

Overworked & Underfucked
12-21-2006, 07:36 PM
Well, Lodat, if I knew why I was underfucked, I probably wouldn't be anymore!! I think I'm just picky...

Lodat225
12-21-2006, 07:37 PM
True. But it haunts me at night .

"WHY IS SHE UNDERFUCKED?!"

Overworked & Underfucked
12-21-2006, 07:40 PM
Well when I finally get laid, you'll be the first to know about it, then you can rest easy :)

Lodat225
12-21-2006, 07:41 PM
Thank you. I can rest assure now.

Back to topic: Chicken Pox sucks.

JohnnyNemesis
12-21-2006, 07:44 PM
Yeah, I'd hit it too.

Lodat225
12-21-2006, 07:46 PM
Me too. Although im in no position to say that. :(

JohnnyNemesis
12-21-2006, 07:57 PM
I'm in no position to say that either, actually. But yeah. woo.

Lodat225
12-21-2006, 07:59 PM
Hahahah, that actually made me lol.

coke_a_holic
12-21-2006, 08:01 PM
Any female that listens to Primus should be forced to reproduce constantly. With other Primus fans... particularly ones that are half Jewish. *cough*

Overworked & Underfucked
12-21-2006, 08:02 PM
I had multiple orgasms at the last Primus concert I was at... does that count?

Lodat225
12-21-2006, 08:03 PM
What the fuck...?

0r4ng3
12-21-2006, 08:07 PM
I have a sudden urge to listen to Primus. Weird.

Lodat225
12-21-2006, 08:11 PM
After that, i think everybody did.

Even me, and i've never listened to their music.

Overworked & Underfucked
12-21-2006, 08:13 PM
Primus is the shit. Have a listen! You'll be satisfied, I promise!!

Lodat225
12-21-2006, 08:15 PM
What is their best song?

Topic: Chicken pox is itchy.

Paint_It_Black
12-21-2006, 08:45 PM
Yeah, I'd hit it too.

That goes without saying.

I can rest assure now.

You're an idiot.

I think I'm just picky...

Not if you're chatting with Lodat.

coke_a_holic
12-21-2006, 11:00 PM
Over & Under: The Primus show in DC was fantastic! I was happy to hear Over the Electric Grapevine, which was unexpected. I wish we had gotten Master of Puppets in the middle of Too Many Puppies, though; some cities get all the fun. We did get the De Anza Jig complete with Les Claypool bantering about how American it is to see Ler playing the "six-string-bajee."

Overworked & Underfucked
12-22-2006, 10:26 AM
Coke, I didn't even get Grapevine! I was so disappointed. I got all the regular stuff though, Tweakers, Mud, Mr.Krinkle, De Anza Jig. Frizzle Fry was on the setlist but they never played it! And Bastards got cut short after some douchebag threw a condom at Les.

Was that show in DC recently? If so, what did you think of Rasputina?

Update:

Just woke up (I know, I know, it 1:00pm... hush) and I seem to be a bit better actually! :) No more new spots and no fever or anything like that. Keep your fingers crossed, maybe I'll be ok by Christmas!

EMehl6
12-22-2006, 12:19 PM
Just woke up (I know, I know, it 1:00pm... hush) and I seem to be a bit better actually! :) No more new spots and no fever or anything like that. Keep your fingers crossed, maybe I'll be ok by Christmas!

Hopefully you will be. Being sick on Christmas sucks hardcore ass. Having the Chicken Pox on Christmas would be like having sex with the hottest girl/guy (whatever your preference may be) you've ever seen, and then contracting VD or some shit. Hope you're better by then.

Overworked & Underfucked
12-22-2006, 01:03 PM
Hopefully you will be. Being sick on Christmas sucks hardcore ass. Having the Chicken Pox on Christmas would be like having sex with the hottest girl/guy (whatever your preference may be) you've ever seen, and then contracting VD or some shit. Hope you're better by then.

Interesting analogy. I guess it doesn't really matter much if I'm not better by then cause I still am not allowed to go to my family gathering. Shit de bull, if you ask me. Thanks for the good thoughts though.

EMehl6
12-22-2006, 01:57 PM
Interesting analogy. I guess it doesn't really matter much if I'm not better by then cause I still am not allowed to go to my family gathering. Shit de bull, if you ask me. Thanks for the good thoughts though.

Glad you liked the analogy. I come up with some quite interesting ones lol. Yeah, that is bullshit.