PDA

View Full Version : Davy Havoc's vocals on Ixnay

malibu43
12-21-2006, 10:57 AM
I just read that Davy Havoc has backing vocals on Ixnay. Does anyone know which songs?

DeAtHsTaR
12-21-2006, 11:29 AM
It's most noticable on Change the World.

Grabbal
12-21-2006, 11:44 AM
It is change the world!!!

I also remember Dexter singing "go" on one of AFI's song, don't remember which though..

Nineteen Seventy Nine
12-21-2006, 12:03 PM
He sings more than "go" on AFI's "Clove Smoke Catharsis".

RonWelty
12-21-2006, 12:19 PM
he sings more songs ..

Little_Miss_1565
12-21-2006, 01:49 PM

I also remember Dexter singing "go" on one of AFI's song, don't remember which though..

"Malleus Maleficarum."

Also "Clove Smoke Catharsis" as someone earlier mentioned. That one sounds niiice.

RonWelty
12-21-2006, 02:09 PM
god called in sick today ,,the days of phoenix, the prayer position ,malleus maleficarium and clove smoke catharsis

Venom Symbiote
12-21-2006, 02:49 PM
Dexter didn't sing in Days Of The Phoenix.

Little_Miss_1565
12-21-2006, 03:21 PM
Dexter didn't sing in Days Of The Phoenix.

Nevermind the fact that "Days of the Phoenix" isn't even on Black Sails.

RonWelty
12-21-2006, 03:32 PM
yeah .sorry ..

Venom Symbiote
12-21-2006, 04:10 PM
Exactly, L_M_1565. I kinda figured he would determine that for himself, though.

bouncingcoles
12-21-2006, 07:47 PM

the song is the prayer position

Llamas
12-21-2006, 11:52 PM
Nevermind the fact that "Days of the Phoenix" isn't even on Black Sails.

I don't understand the significance of that. Is it just that Dexter only did vocals on Black Sails?

I always wondered if that was Dexter in clove smoke catharsis. that's probably my favorite AFI song, but the only one of their albums I actually own is STS... so I don't have album liners. I assumed it was him, but was never sure.

DeAtHsTaR
12-22-2006, 01:23 AM
Doesn't Dex sing on Weathered Tome?

Little_Miss_1565
12-22-2006, 05:36 AM
I don't understand the significance of that. Is it just that Dexter only did vocals on Black Sails?

Yes. He wasn't on AOD, and then AFI left Nitro.

Venom Symbiote
12-22-2006, 07:18 PM
Le sigh. Yes, Llamas, Dexter only did Black Sails. So yep, it's a pretty significant detail.

And as for songs, let me try to clear this up (from memory, so I'm probably missing some):

"Malleus Maleficarum", "Clove Smoke Catharsis", "The Prayer Position", "Weathered Tome", "The Last Kiss" (? I'm pretty sure it's The Last Kiss, anyway).

He's on about half of the album, and no, the booklet doesn't specify which tracks. But you can hear him prominently on every single one of these, and not at all on the others. So obviously he didn't go in to record the entire album.

"Clove Smoke" he does all the 'pure sweetness' stuff, "Prayer Position" is all the 'Go!'s, and the others I can't remember his specific lines, but 100% sure he's in them.

And just to be a prick... ( :D ) Not technically, L_M_1565. Nitro distributed STS. Heh. I'm an ass.

Little_Miss_1565
12-22-2006, 08:21 PM
Nitro distributed STS. Heh. I'm an ass.

Are you kidding? Dreamworks has major label distribution. Nitro is distributed through Fontana, a small independent distribution company. No way Nitro would have sole distribution rights. I thought its logo on there was to signify that they were getting some of the financial windfall.

0r4ng3
12-22-2006, 08:27 PM
He also did Porphyria. Listen out for the "Do we go?" near the end.

Venom Symbiote
12-22-2006, 09:40 PM
Alright, I fucked up. Had a brain-fart there, not sure why I said "distribution". They had some kind of deal on it though, I'm not so sure it was just financial royalties either. Some kind of...marketing promotional gig or something?

And wasn't the Nitro logo only on the international thing? My AFI memory is severely lapsing these days, haven't really followed them since the STS sessions.

Whoa, 0r4ng3, I haven't heard (or noticed, I guess) the Porphria Cutanea Tarda vocals. I'm gonna dig around for the CD and listen to it again. Rad, thanks for the pointer, I really like that track, surprised I've never picked up on it before.

Llamas
12-22-2006, 10:11 PM
Le sigh. Yes, Llamas, Dexter only did Black Sails. So yep, it's a pretty significant detail.

And as for songs, let me try to clear this up (from memory, so I'm probably missing some):

"Malleus Maleficarum", "Clove Smoke Catharsis", "The Prayer Position", "Weathered Tome", "The Last Kiss" (? I'm pretty sure it's The Last Kiss, anyway).

He's on about half of the album, and no, the booklet doesn't specify which tracks. But you can hear him prominently on every single one of these, and not at all on the others. So obviously he didn't go in to record the entire album.

Was this all directed at me? Cause first of all, I already got that he only did vocals on that album because 1565 cleared it up for me. Second of all, it didn't really matter to me which songs he sang on... and third of all, why would I care what the booklet says if I don't own the booklet? I also never said anything about him doing the whole album...

If this wasn't all to me, I suggest next time not using my name at the beginning and then going on without clarifying who you're talking to, because I'm pretty confused.

Venom Symbiote
12-22-2006, 11:03 PM
Meowarific. Hiss, etc.

Llamas
12-23-2006, 01:39 AM
...it was an honest question! wtf?

Venom Symbiote
12-23-2006, 05:45 AM
Double-you-tee-effz??? Lollercaust.

Little_Miss_1565
12-23-2006, 11:16 AM
Alright, I fucked up. Had a brain-fart there, not sure why I said "distribution". They had some kind of deal on it though, I'm not so sure it was just financial royalties either. Some kind of...marketing promotional gig or something?

And wasn't the Nitro logo only on the international thing? My AFI memory is severely lapsing these days, haven't really followed them since the STS sessions.

On mine, it was Dreamworks, with the Nitro logo. Maybe there was a deal where Nitro got to put it out internationally? I know they worked out something similar when the Offspring left Epitaph--Epitaph had sole rights overseas on Ixnay, or maybe just the UK, or maybe even just vinyl. I think. Anyhoo.

Venom Symbiote
12-23-2006, 10:10 PM
Yeah, I'm pretty sure it was the same kind of thing Epitaph had going on Ixnay.

Dual-responsibilities on it of some kind. But by Decemberunderground Nitro's all in the past, no more claim to their work.