PDA

View Full Version : Twilight Princess

sKratch
12-21-2006, 04:23 PM
Figured I'd make a thread for people playing this game. So if you're playing Twilight Princess, post how far you are, and any questions you might have about progress.
I'm currently in the Temple of Time just after getting the dungeon item (will be getting the third piece of mirror here), I have every bug in the game besides one dayfly (where the fuck is it...), and I only have 1 hidden skill left to uncover.
I know the other damn dayfly must be somewhere else in the desert but I rode around for like 2 game days and couldn't find it yet. Also, I'm not sure if I've missed the final song stone or if it's somewhere I haven't been able to get yet. If anyone needs any pointers on where to find some bugs, I can probably help you out.
ps omgassdgsz this game rocks

Lodat225
12-21-2006, 04:26 PM
Damn you! I'm getting this game on Christmas... but i played it on the mall and it was amazing. I love the fact link is right handed on this game. I'm addicted to the fishing also. Awesome-ness. I liked it even better than Ocarina of Time.

When i get it, i got to see how the story is and everything.

JohnnyNemesis
12-21-2006, 04:27 PM
*unzips pants* Fuck yes. Tell me more about Twilight Princess, for I do not have it yet.

XYlophonetreeZ
12-21-2006, 04:28 PM
Sounds like some kinda luxury cruise ship.

Lodat225
12-21-2006, 04:30 PM
Wait-wait-wait a minute.

Do you have this game for the Gamecube or Wii?

sKratch
12-21-2006, 05:47 PM
Do I look like a faggot to you? I have it for Wii.

I've caught, to my knowledge, all the small fish in the game (my fish journal looks full). I spent a LONG time lure fishing and I'm not sure if I'm missing fish from the Fishing Hole or not, since I'm not sure how to tell.
The plot is feophawgopwe crazy awesome. Once you beat the water temple things really get crazy...

Homer
12-21-2006, 06:03 PM
Well, I've had this game for about a month now, and I'm not that far at all, I've been playing for only 15 hours. I'm only at the part where you're going to get the third black(?) shard near the lake near Castle Town... in the twilight. Yeah, I'm not far at all. How long have you had the game?

sKratch
12-21-2006, 06:10 PM
I've had it since around Thanksgiving... I've put a shit-ton of hours into it because I've been pretty adamant about completing side quests and the likes. I'm pretty sure I've got 40+ hours.

Pickles
12-21-2006, 07:17 PM
Do you use walkthroughs?

lilian [darkest star]
12-21-2006, 07:33 PM
I want it sooo bad.

I would trade my 360 for a gamecube and zelda

Omg ZeeeelllldddaaaAAAAAaaaa!

JohnnyNemesis
12-21-2006, 07:34 PM
Walkthrough, unless during the absolute most desperate times imaginable, are for the lose.

Ocupation: Offspring
12-21-2006, 07:34 PM
Well i don't have the game personaly...yet... but Mr.Noodles has it, and i played it at his house, and we got to the second part, ummmm? Well its after the first actual boss. (He's got it for the Wii, Im getting it for the Wii too)

Lodat225
12-21-2006, 08:09 PM
Do I look like a faggot to you? I have it for Wii.

I've caught, to my knowledge, all the small fish in the game (my fish journal looks full). I spent a LONG time lure fishing and I'm not sure if I'm missing fish from the Fishing Hole or not, since I'm not sure how to tell.
The plot is feophawgopwe crazy awesome. Once you beat the water temple things really get crazy...

Awesome. I want to keep fishinggg.

Walkthrough, unless during the absolute most desperate times imaginable, are for the lose.

It's going to be pretty hard, without a walkthrough, to finish all the side-missions and find everything.

When i get TP, 100%!

Pickles
12-21-2006, 08:27 PM

I know, but some games are so god damn hard to figure out, like the Water Temple, or that puzzle in flower fields from paper mario :cool:

WebDudette
12-21-2006, 08:29 PM
I used a walkthrough on Ocarina of Time and I was kind of dissapointed in my self. I haven't used a walkthrough since then. I have the money for a Wii and after Christmas I will have the money for Twilight Princess. I just need to find a place with a Wii.

Lodat225
12-21-2006, 08:30 PM
I didn't use a walkthrough on Ocarina of Time.

Pickles
12-21-2006, 08:31 PM
I used a walkthrough on Ocarina of Time and I was kind of dissapointed in my self. I haven't used a walkthrough since then. I have the money for a Wii and after Christmas I will have the money for Twilight Princess. I just need to find a place with a Wii.

The Wii's are already pretty much sold out, but another shipment will most prob be coming after christmas.

what part of ocarina did you use a walkthrough for?

nieh
12-21-2006, 08:31 PM

Try places like Sears or JCPenney or Boscov's. A lot of those places get them in stock but no one ever thinks to go there to buy them so they still have some in stock long after everywhere else has sold out.

Lodat225
12-21-2006, 08:32 PM
My sister got me the Wii already. I saw it. :D

I used that smiley. I feel ashamed.

WebDudette
12-21-2006, 08:32 PM
Awesome I'll call them tommorow. Thanks Nieh!

I think I used a walthrough for the entire Water Temple and to find heart pieces. I was pretty young the first time I palyed it though. Now I can beat it in a couple of palying hours with 3 hearts.

Ninty Man
12-21-2006, 09:02 PM
I have it... and it rocks... I'm on the forest temple

lilian [darkest star]
12-21-2006, 11:03 PM
Awesome I'll call them tommorow. Thanks Nieh!

I think I used a walthrough for the entire Water Temple and to find heart pieces. I was pretty young the first time I palyed it though. Now I can beat it in a couple of palying hours with 3 hearts.

Lawl, walkthroughs are for fags

Seriously though, the water temple on ocarina of time, took me roughly 3 months to beat

no joke

Little_Miss_1565
12-21-2006, 11:11 PM
I never thought I'd be interested in video games again, and then the Wii comes out. Bonerbonerboner. I want to play so I know hwat y'all are talking about.

RickyCrack
12-21-2006, 11:51 PM
If it's not a top side scroller it's not Zelda. Mostly I'm just bitter because I couldn't figure out the Fire Temple in Ocarina of Time, and have cursed the Zelda franchise since.

Link to to Past was the shit

sKratch
12-22-2006, 12:30 AM
Pff walkthroughs are for pussies indeed. There are a few rough puzzles, but the water temple didn't actually stump me that bad in Twilight... The Temple of Time is annoying so far though. I don't like the item too much.
There's a neat hint system for heart pieces too so you don't have to use guides; go to the fortune teller and ask your love fortune, it shows you where the next heart piece is.

coke_a_holic
12-22-2006, 12:40 AM
Link's Awakening > Life

I've beaten 100% it roughly 309583 times and it never gets old.

Though, I recently downloaded a Zelda ROM and N64 emulator so I could finally play it. I'm at Zora's Domain and it's some of the most fun I've had with a video game in the past few year.

I'm a Sony man, but I loves me some Zelda, so I had to settle for a ROM instead of an actual N64. le sigh. I might get a Wii, though, if more completely awesome games come out for it. Otherwise, I'll stick with my PS2 until everything costs less.

JohnnyNemesis
12-22-2006, 01:11 AM
If it's not a top side scroller it's not Zelda. Mostly I'm just bitter because I couldn't figure out the Fire Temple in Ocarina of Time, and have cursed the Zelda franchise since.

Link to to Past was the shit

There aint no shame in not being able to figure out the Fire Temple. Even though I got through it, it was super fuckin' tough as shit goddamn.

Homer
12-22-2006, 02:47 AM
I know this might be off topic, but, I'm totally writing this on the Wii's Opera Web Browser. Go download it already!

Pickles
12-22-2006, 04:47 AM
i like the 3rd person zeldas better. The puzzles are more unique and varied.

Stone Tower Temple in Majora's Mask was probably the best Zelda dungeon ever. You could turn it upside-down.It was so awesome. But you had a time limit.:(

Lodat225
12-22-2006, 05:38 AM
;941158']Lawl, walkthroughs are for fags

Seriously though, the water temple on ocarina of time, took me roughly 3 months to beat

no joke

Water temple in that game was torture man.

3D, right?

Grabbal
12-22-2006, 06:40 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkB53h2M5Pw

sKratch
12-22-2006, 09:47 AM

Stone Tower Temple in Majora's Mask was probably the best Zelda dungeon ever. You could turn it upside-down.It was so awesome. But you had a time limit.:(

Twilight Princess is third person over the shoulder...

lilian [darkest star]
12-22-2006, 12:37 PM
And for the record, The windwaker sucked

Pickles
12-22-2006, 01:17 PM
Twilight Princess is third person over the shoulder...

over the shoulder? what does that mean?

Wind Waker did not suck...

JohnnyNemesis
12-22-2006, 02:09 PM
Wind Waker was unbelievably good/absolutely phenomenal. It's only shortcoming was that it was super easy.

sKratch
12-22-2006, 02:20 PM
over the shoulder? what does that mean?

Same thing as Ocarina.

lilian [darkest star]
12-22-2006, 03:54 PM
Ugghh, i hated wind waker

If they wouldnt of called it Zelda it would be fine

But they did and it ruinded my entire experience while playing that game, you werent even link!
:mad:

Lodat225
12-22-2006, 04:36 PM
You're not the Link in most of the games.

WW was incredible. Sea-roaming was awesome, and the cel-shading was beautiful. I loved every minute of it... of course, except when collecting those triforce shards.

JohnnyNemesis
12-22-2006, 04:42 PM
Yeah, Wind Waker was awesome, and its cel-shaded style was breathtaking; just beautiful. The plot, as always, rocked hardcore too. I loved evading and choppin' mothafuckas up.

Pickles
12-22-2006, 04:44 PM
I hate going through Forbidden Fortress. Ugh...

lilian [darkest star]
12-22-2006, 04:44 PM
Besides the beautiful cartoon nature of it
I didnt enjoy it didnt, feel like a zelda game to me :(

Lodat225
12-22-2006, 04:45 PM
I loved standing on a boat outside of an island and looking at it; that's how good the shading was.

The plot was awesome, *SPOILER REMOVED* Too good. too good.

The final fight wasn't that great though.

Pickles
12-22-2006, 04:45 PM
;941509']Besides the beautiful cartoon nature of it
I didnt enjoy it didnt, feel like a zelda game to me :(

Did Majora's Mask feel like a Zelda game to you?

Lodat, don't spoil the game please.

Lodat225
12-22-2006, 04:47 PM
Ahhhh, whooooops. Didn't know some people hadn't beaten it yet.

HOW COULD I FORGET Majora's Mask?! That game was awesome, i liked it better than Ocarina of Time...

JohnnyNemesis
12-22-2006, 04:49 PM
Gah, edit your post and remove the spoiler! Finding out was so incredibly thrilling.

Pickles
12-22-2006, 04:50 PM
For a game like Zelda, it's unavoidable. I knew the ending before I even got the game.

Lodat225
12-22-2006, 04:52 PM
I didn't know, and when i heard the little song of when Link first met Zelda (In ocarina of time) i was entranced.

If only i could find that song.

Edit: I took out the spoiler of my other post.

[]http://pressstarttoplay.net/comics/061126.jpg

Grabbal
12-22-2006, 04:59 PM
I reject your reality

lilian [darkest star]
12-22-2006, 05:04 PM
Did Majora's Mask feel like a Zelda game to you?

Lodat, don't spoil the game please.

Yea it did actually, it felt more like a zelda game then wind waker did.

It was innovative and i liked it, wind waker was also innovative but it just didnt do anything for me

its probably my least favourite game in the franchise ( with ocariana being the best of course )

Lodat225
12-22-2006, 05:07 PM
Majora's Mask was better than Ocarina of Time for me.

lilian [darkest star]
12-22-2006, 05:08 PM
Fierce Diety Link > Link

Pickles
12-22-2006, 05:09 PM
Actually: http://www.googlefight.com/index.php?lang=en_GB&word1=Fierce+Diety+Link&word2=Link

Lodat225
12-22-2006, 05:12 PM
Actually, it's true. Fierce Diety Link is stronger than Link. But, Link is more popular, and FDL is not that well-known.

lilian [darkest star]
12-22-2006, 05:14 PM
Touche'

Google can never be wrong :D

lilian [darkest star]
12-22-2006, 05:15 PM
Fierce Diety does look cooler though, i wouldnt mind a sequel to majora's mask

Lodat225
12-22-2006, 05:16 PM
Nah, they'd mess it up.

I like it the way it is.

lilian [darkest star]
12-22-2006, 05:18 PM
Yea i could see them messing it up

I just enjoyed that mask system soo much!

Lodat225
12-22-2006, 05:19 PM
Yeah, i know. I loved playing as the fish-kinda link. I loveeeeeeeed that game.

<3333

lilian [darkest star]
12-22-2006, 06:13 PM
Man i so wanted a Gerudo mask

That would be soo cool to walk around as Gerudo Link

DUuuuDE!

Lodat225
12-22-2006, 06:15 PM
Oh that would be awesome. I would've loved that.

Pickles
12-22-2006, 06:28 PM
That would have developed considerable controversy, because Link is a male, and a Gerudo Mask would change him into a female.

Lodat225
12-22-2006, 06:30 PM
Yeah, that's true. It would've been awesome, now i have an urge to play that game.

I love rolling around while in rock-guys-thingy mode. I forget the names.

Pickles
12-22-2006, 06:33 PM
As a Goron, he is Darmani. As a Zora, he is Mikau.

I love all the characters have different instruments.

Lodat225
12-22-2006, 06:35 PM
YEAH! I loved that. I remember when i first bought it - i was like "What?! I don't get this i'm not playing it anymore!"

About the WW release i wanted to play it, just for the hell of it, and i was blown out of my mind. Lovvvve The Legend of Zelda games.

Venom Symbiote
12-22-2006, 07:58 PM
I bought it about a week ago, I'm making a point of only playing for a half an hour a day (pssh, and about three of those I didn't play it anyway), want to make this last because of the dearth of good games coming out for the system until about mid next year.

I only just got up to kicking the boomerang monkey's ass, a little after that.

I remember finishing Ocarina in just over a week, so fuck that this time.

As for the knob-face who said the only true Zeldas are the 2D ones? Bite me. Ocarina, Majora, and (so far) Twilight Princess are all better games than every older-system released apart from ALttP. And even Ocarina's about as good as that is anyway. Tied as the reigning kings.

Lodat225
12-22-2006, 08:08 PM
Even though 3D games are better, 2D games are crazy-good. I liked Oracle of Ages/ Seasons waaaaaaaaay more than Wind Waker.

A link to the past was one of the best games i've ever played.

sKratch
12-22-2006, 08:42 PM
I bought it about a week ago, I'm making a point of only playing for a half an hour a day (pssh, and about three of those I didn't play it anyway), want to make this last because of the dearth of good games coming out for the system until about mid next year.

I only just got up to kicking the boomerang monkey's ass, a little after that.

I remember finishing Ocarina in just over a week, so fuck that this time.

As for the knob-face who said the only true Zeldas are the 2D ones? Bite me. Ocarina, Majora, and (so far) Twilight Princess are all better games than every older-system released apart from ALttP. And even Ocarina's about as good as that is anyway. Tied as the reigning kings.

One thing you definitely do not need to worry about is finishing the game too fast. I have well over 40 hours (maybe 50 now?) of gameplay and I am not scared of the game ending any time soon. Temples alone usually take about an hour or two, depending on how fast you get certain puzzles.

Venom Symbiote
12-22-2006, 11:49 PM
Even though 3D games are better, 2D games are crazy-good. I liked Oracle of Ages/ Seasons waaaaaaaaay more than Wind Waker.

A link to the past was one of the best games i've ever played.

First part: erm, no. In general, 2D titles kick the hell out of 3D ones. It's just not necessarily the case with Zelda, since Ocarina and Twilight Princess are so fucking epic, and Majora and Wind Waker were artistic as all hell. A Link To The Past was brilliant, but the four major titles to come since then have all been either almost as good or actually just as good. I'll have to reserve judgement on Twilight Princess for obvious reasons, but in this specific example Ocarina and Majora I still feel were on-par with the SNES incarnation, and Wind Waker wasn't far behind (a brilliant game, it's such a shame people overlooked it because of their own masculine insecurities).

Second part: it arguably is the finest game ever made. Along with Super Metroid, for the same system.

darea
12-29-2006, 07:35 AM
Zelda games are really awesome , but don't you think its annoying to get the same sort of things in each game? like pulling out the sword in ocarina of time and becoming an adult, and then pulling out the sword (not becoming an adult) in windmaker. I think a lot of things should be different in zelda, and one game should be the continuation of the other but thats not gonna happen is it?

Lodat225
12-29-2006, 08:42 AM
Zelda games are really awesome , but don't you think its annoying to get the same sort of things in each game? like pulling out the sword in ocarina of time and becoming an adult, and then pulling out the sword (not becoming an adult) in windmaker. I think a lot of things should be different in zelda, and one game should be the continuation of the other but thats not gonna happen is it?

Yeah, ZagmenO is right. Also every game has a different story and stuff. It's still an awesome game, sure it maybe is repetitive but it's still epic.

lilian [darkest star]
12-29-2006, 09:36 AM
I just played Twilight Princess on the gamecube for about 55 minutes, and that was quite possibly the greatest experience of my LIFE!

WebDudette
12-29-2006, 10:04 AM
I bought Twilight Princess for the Wii last night, I still don't have a Wii though :( .

Lodat225
12-29-2006, 10:12 AM
That sucks. It took my parents forever to find a wii. TP is one of the best games i've ever played.

THE_Original_Pranksrer
12-29-2006, 01:40 PM
im at the beginning :rolleyes:

Lodat225
12-29-2006, 02:22 PM
I'm just at the dessert.

sKratch
12-29-2006, 04:48 PM
You can finally fix the great bridge once you get to the desert. Pro tip: DO NOT GO INTO THE CAVE THAT OPENS UP WHEN YOU WARP THE BRIDGE OUT UNTIL YOU BEAT THE TEMPLE OF TIME. You need the dungeon item from the Temple of Time to complete it. If you start it without this item you'll spend about a half hour--at least--in there, and then realize you can't finish. Later, you will have to start again from scratch.

An update:
I have defeated Zant, I have all the hidden skills and all the bugs, and 43 Poe's souls. I also have the Giant Quiver. Zant was a pretty cool boss. I kind of don't want to go into Hyrule Castle yet, but I think the only thing left for me to do is to find the rest of the Poes. And I really don't feel like looking for 17 more Poes.
I also have yet to catch an adult Loach, because I don't really know how or where. Every time I get a Loach it says to catch it again when it's grown up.

Lodat225
12-29-2006, 04:54 PM
Yeah, i fixed the bridge, got the springwater to the goro, and opened up the new malo mart in castle town. Got the armor, i got the giant quiver too - because of the star game- the second one is too hard.

What cave? Good thing i didn't enter. I'm no where near having all the bugs, i think i only have 4. I only have 12 poes, only need 2 more of the hidden skills.

I cloacked about 30 hours of gameplay.

12-29-2006, 05:01 PM
Try places like Sears or JCPenney or Boscov's. A lot of those places get them in stock but no one ever thinks to go there to buy them so they still have some in stock long after everywhere else has sold out.

Cool, Thanx nieh. I should call them because my dad is gonna give me $200 and i have a $50 of my own so im gonna get it.

I used a walk through for the Water Temple, It was hard. (Played it at Mr. Noodles' House)

Lodat225
12-29-2006, 05:02 PM
Cool, Thanx nieh. I should call them because my dad is gonna give me $200 and i have a $50 of my own so im gonna get it.

I used a walk through for the Water Temple, It was hard. (Played it at Mr. Noodles' House)

Tax?

OH! You're screwed!

12-29-2006, 05:03 PM
Tax?

OH! You're screwed!

I have more, than $50 like $75 :p

Lodat225
12-29-2006, 05:08 PM
I have more, than $50 like $75 :p

Damn .

12-29-2006, 05:12 PM
Damn .

Yeah too bad...:p

Paint_It_Black
12-29-2006, 11:33 PM
So if you're playing Twilight Princess, post how far you are, and any questions you might have about progress.

I read that as "post how fat you are" and lolled. Just thought I'd share.

noodlesfan
12-30-2006, 12:45 AM

Quoted for truth

sKratch
12-30-2006, 04:13 PM
Yeah, i fixed the bridge, got the springwater to the goro, and opened up the new malo mart in castle town. Got the armor, i got the giant quiver too - because of the star game- the second one is too hard.

What cave? Good thing i didn't enter. I'm no where near having all the bugs, i think i only have 4. I only have 12 poes, only need 2 more of the hidden skills.

I cloacked about 30 hours of gameplay.

Not that bridge... the bridge over on the west. It has golden bodied phasmids on it, pro tip.

Lodat225
12-30-2006, 04:19 PM
Not that bridge... the bridge over on the west. It has golden bodied phasmids on it, pro tip.

Oh, alright. I'll check. West of the dessert?

sKratch
12-30-2006, 04:21 PM
The north-south pointing bridge west of castle town. It's basically like the Lake Hylia bridge, except it's on the other side of castle town. It should have a hole in the middle of it from twilight guys warping in.

Lodat225
12-30-2006, 04:27 PM
Oh yeah. I remember now.

skiddles824
12-31-2006, 02:42 PM
im just startin it im in the desert about to face the boss but has anyone have this happen to them?

Grabbal
01-01-2007, 04:57 AM
im just startin it im in the desert about to face the boss but has anyone have this happen to them?

Didn't I post a similar video not long ago?!?!

Lodat225
01-01-2007, 09:40 AM
Didn't I post a similar video not long ago?!?!

No. You didn't.