PDA

View Full Version : Come Out and Play

OffspringInOz
12-23-2004, 06:52 PM
Is there anyone else here that thinks this song...well....sucks?
I just don't see why everone likes it so much, its crap! In my opinion its one of the worst songs Offspring have ever written.

Can some one just tell me why they like it so much?

And same with Self Esteem, kinda ok(ish) song, but not in there top 25.

Its just that alot of people seem to think these are the two best Offspring songs ever, and can some one please tell me why?

Embodude2004
12-23-2004, 06:54 PM
what the hell are you talking about. those to songs kick ass.

dannydvb
12-23-2004, 07:03 PM
dude you have a big problem OffspringInOz if you don't like the song "come out and play" That song kicks ass.

OffspringInOz
12-23-2004, 07:10 PM
well, I have honestly tried to like it, but I just can't....what is in it that makes you like it?

Tired_Of_You
12-23-2004, 07:11 PM
dude you have a big problem OffspringInOz if you don't like the song "come out and play" That song kicks ass.

He/She doesn't have a big problem, we're talking about taste in music here.

I think those 2 songs are good but they are not my favorite, either do I think it's their worst.

Offspring_01
12-23-2004, 07:57 PM
They have good guitar riffs. Especially come out and play. Self Esteem has awesome sound, and so does Come Out and Play. They are from the best Offspring album (in my opinion) and they are classics. They are the only two Offspring songs that I hear on the radio these days, from that long ago. In fact, they are the only songs I here on the radio from the Offspring these days. Why do I like them? They kick major fucking ass! :D

The meaning of life
12-23-2004, 08:12 PM
I think Come out and play or Self esteem are in the best song of the offspring,
They sond good, they are awesom live, ans they have a good beat.That why i like her

code_blue
12-23-2004, 10:11 PM
they're good songs but they aren't my favorites either.. but maybe i just don't like them as much as songs like, say, lightning rod or change the world because you can still hear them on the radio fairly often, and the band plays those songs at every show. they're a little worn out, but, obviously, classics..

TDog
12-23-2004, 11:12 PM
Ты че сказал?! Ни одна новая песня не заменит мне "come out and play", эта песня просто круто!

meaning_of_life
12-24-2004, 01:29 AM
yeh i hear ya offspringInOz, i used to like self esteem alot, but i find it a bit of a drag these days, a little bit whiney. i dont see why come out and play is popular, either. it is a rather catchy song, but the riffs arent anything special to the average guitar player and it is an irritating song to listen to after a while. i still like them both, though.

T-6005
12-24-2004, 03:30 AM
ok, just because the riffs aren't anything complicated doesn't mean they're not good.

Aghh, most guitar players are all fucked up and can't appreciate the value of simplicity.

Chainsaw
12-24-2004, 03:37 AM
Well self esteem kicks as but as for COAP i've been thinking the same thing. well i like the song, but i just can't see what's so special in it...

MirandaV
12-24-2004, 10:15 AM
I've just never réally liked self esteem like all others do, it's nothing more than just great to me.

Anya82
12-24-2004, 10:42 AM
I love them both
That's how i got into the offspring, and into rock. I used to be a "pop" girl, but after i heard those songs, i really liked them. I bougth Smash, and then i started to listen to rock (punk,grunge, whatever...)

Wolfie
12-24-2004, 10:45 AM
'Come Out And Play' is a good song; though the guitar riff was a rip off of a Agent Orange song. 'Self Esteem' was a take off of 'Smells Like Teen Spirt' and 'Why Don't You Get A Job' took the melody of a Beatles song.

Venezuelan_Nightmare
12-24-2004, 03:35 PM
i don´t know whatñ´s the deal with the song... is cool the lyrics but not the best just like anothers song just that why to much troblus just by the song.
the rif are really good, the vocals go with the song, so...keep and separated!!