PDA

View Full Version : How to justify a late arrival at school

Duskygrin
12-22-2006, 08:25 AM
. .

adombomb222
12-22-2006, 08:30 AM
I told my English teacher that my sister had her baby, which she did, and she let me basically do nothing for that class, it worked for my science teacher, but he hates me so he had to of like to get me to shut up for an entire class period. And my drafting class I always sleep through, Math as well.

adombomb222
12-22-2006, 09:17 AM
Oh, I've got a good one!

I was walking to school, when all of sudden a meteor fell out of the sky 3 feet in front of me. I was sent flying back and landed on a homeless guy, he offered me some crack; I declined (it was PCP). So I went up to the 5-foot crater and looked down at the small object in the ground. I knelled down to get a better look, and I touch it with my hand. It was cold. Then I realized that my hand was stuck, and it was becoming ever so bitter and cold. I did not want to rip any of my fingers off so with my other hand I reached for my cell phone, and tried to dial 911. By this time a few people had also realized that a meteorite had his the earth only a few hundred feet away from them and came over to see my dismay. After telling the police where I was I hung up, and went to put my phone away, when the homeless man snatched it. He took off running, one man saw this and ran after him, he caught up in no time and tackled the homeless man, breaking his leg, arm and 6 ribs. The police had arrived with a medical car; they called for back up for the homeless man. The medics came over to me and asked if I was hurt which I wasnít, I just could not feel my hand or my forearm. They reached in and grabbed out the meteorite and placed it on the back of their car. This pained me ever so much, but I took it like it was noting, partly because I could really feel anything past my elbow. They medics were retarded and werenít sure what to do. They tried pouring hot water on my hand, that didnít work. Then they got out a chisel and small hammer, and I picked up the meteor (still stuck to my hand) and raise my arms and ran away, hitting one of the medics the face with the meteor. I jumped over the lifeless homeless man; the man who tackled him was giving his report to the police. The other officer notice I was running away, and started after me. Then I noticed I had forgotten my phone and turned back, my meteor hand flew around hitting the police officer in the face and knock him unconscious, I picked up my cell phone from the homeless mans hand. The officer taking the mans report noticed I was running and had knock his partner unconscious and cuffed the man, and began to run toward me. I ran again, for getting the police officer who was unconscious just a few feet from me, so when I turned around and began to run, I him in the stomach and tripped. My hand hit the pavement and the meteorite broke apart, and my hand started to become warm again. The other police officer fell on the shared meteor, and fell to the ground. I ran past him, and toward the school. And that is why I am late today.

adombomb222
12-22-2006, 09:35 AM
PCP is a drug that you put under your tough... it makes you hallucinate.

My teachers never believe me because I have the smart ass funny guy persona so they donít care, my science teacher is pretty cool, he never has counted me late and gives me passes so that I'm not later to my French class.

adombomb222
12-22-2006, 09:51 AM
2nd year of French, I'm getting a "B."

killer_queen
12-22-2006, 09:54 AM
I never make up weird excuses when I'm late. I just come in and say "I'm really really really sorry, can I come in? Oh God, I can't believe I'm late again. I shouldn't have gone to bed that late. Have I ever told you that my parents are the worst. I'm already 20 minutes late and they made me have breakfast..." And they say " alriiiight, come in" and everyone becomes happy.

Sometimes I wait until the teacher says my name (you know, teachers read everyone's name to know who is in the class and who is not. I don't know what that means in English) and when she says GŁlşah I open the door and yell "I'm here!!". It always works if the teacher isn't a cranky one.

Tired_Of_You
12-22-2006, 09:57 AM
I never make up weird excuses when I'm late. I just come in and say "I'm really really really sorry, can I come in? Oh God, I can't believe I'm late again. I shouldn't have gone to bed that late. Have I ever told you that my parents are the worst. I'm already 20 minutes late and they made me have breakfast..." And they say " alriiiight, come in" and everyone becomes happy.

Sometimes I wait until the teacher says my name (you know, teachers read everyone's name to know who is in the class and who is not. I don't know what that means in English) and when she says Gül?ah I open the door and yell "I'm here!!". It always works if the teacher isn't a cranky one.
I wish I was in the same classes as you.

I never make excuses either. I just say "je suis désolée" or something like that and that's all. The teachers don't ask anyone why they were late anyway, so I don't need to invent something.

adombomb222
12-22-2006, 09:59 AM
Bien bien. Tu peux converser couramment? Tu veux/peux parler de quoi? Je me demande quel niveau Áa donne, un 2nd year with B.

:D

I'm too out of it. And I dont really know what you just said... i know what the words mean, just cannot put them together.

adombomb222
12-22-2006, 10:02 AM
I'm late to most of my classes... and I tell 'em to go die. Or I just say "Yea, I am late again." Easy-peesie, limon-squezzy.

adombomb222
12-22-2006, 10:04 AM
Usually, I make up a story, like the one I sampled for you all to laugh at. But they work, even though my teachers know Iím lying my ass off, ironically they work, I can pull them off at a moments notice.

Grabbal
12-22-2006, 10:17 AM
Stories don't work at my school..

Basicly if you're 1 or 2 minutes late they give you a remark anyway..

killer_queen
12-22-2006, 10:31 AM
^ That reminds me, I've used "I thought today was satuday" a couple of times. It actuall worked and made me more lovable. Teachers love stupid and cute students in high school.

Sin Studly
12-22-2006, 12:51 PM
Giving excuses is is for faggots. Just apologise for being late, and walk to your desk.

Overworked & Underfucked
12-22-2006, 01:21 PM
I once walked in to class late, was asked why I was late and said "Hey, you should feel lucky I showed up at all!" Which actually worked quite well to my advantage, cause then I got kicked out and didn't have to go to class at all :D

SaiKYoU
12-22-2006, 01:51 PM
-I was playing WOW

easy excuse

the_GoDdEsS
12-22-2006, 02:09 PM
All this to say my favourite type of teacher & the only one I have any respect for are the teachers that do not pay the slightest attention to what their students might be doing, flicking pellets, chatting, late arrivals, ... They just give their lessons, & go away when it's over. They might have been doing the lesson to a brickwall, they wouldn't have behaved differently. I love that.

It's possible to play it down and pretend you don't notice. Because part of you is an actor, so you can be professional about it. However, I can assure you it's disruptive. It just depends on the teacher's patience and concentration. Also depends on what you're doing with the class. Most of the time I did not get bothered but I had this special group for advanced German where we did a lot of group work and discussions. It was rather annoying when a teenie kept coming 20 minutes late every time. Then they just sit there and stare like dumbfucks.

Personally I'm rarely ever late to any appointment or whatever. It's really special circumstances like when you get stuck in the snow or traffic jam.

EDIT: And the best thing you can do really is apologise in a low voice and proceed to sit down. Then you cause the least trouble. Excuses are superfluous.

the_GoDdEsS
12-22-2006, 02:19 PM
I can't tell about group class, but as a piano teacher I do not care one jot if my student is late. They pay for their lesson, their worry.

Same here when I had just a one on one class. No trouble.

And being on time at appointments just shows a dire lack of imagination. I am proud to say I'm never on time (except of course for job appointments, where I'm punctual to a T, otherwise adios job). I'm either early or most of the time late (not more than 1/4 of an hour). Being late for trysts is my speciality. Oh, & let's not forget the words of that immortal man who said: "I'm always early for my appointments, that way I can go home earlier as well." Frenchmen own the world.

I always arrive early or too early. But this is pretty much a thing that varies cross-culturally. In some countries it's normal to be late, in others unacceptable.

the_GoDdEsS
12-22-2006, 02:33 PM
Oh, I was surprised that the German punctuality is a little bit of a myth... Definitely not true all over the country. They prefer their coffee over their arrivals at meetings. Quite amusing. And thanks.

F@ BANKZ
12-22-2006, 02:47 PM
I always use 'dreadful snow today sir' it always works because no-one has a bloody clue what your talking about because it never snows thanks to global warming and everyone is so confused to be bothered thinking about what they were before.

ninthlayer
12-22-2006, 04:09 PM
When you're hungover there's no need to make excuses.

Autonomist
12-22-2006, 04:10 PM
Who gives excuses? I just go swipe in late and give the printout to the teacher, they'll just tell you to take a seat and that's that.

Grabbal
12-22-2006, 04:44 PM
I'll tell a story about how much our spanish teacher sucks..

I got up to take a shower, brush my teeth and eat, but after the taking a shower and brushing my teeth I looked at the time "holy fuck, only two more minutes until my bus arrives"..

I ran as fast as I could to reach the bus and didn't think about the fact that I hadn't eaten ( Little did I know I was going to regret it!!! )..

I caught the bus, but halfway to school ( about 15 minutes ) my stomach started hurting like hell because I was so hungry. I then decided to go off at the next stop instead of puking in the bus. I got of and went to the nearest store and headed straight towards the toilet. I puked and started ******** my ass of!!

Then after about 10 minutes I called my dad and he came and picked me up...
When he picked me up I decided to go to school cause I was starting to feel I bit better and I definantly didn't want any more days off school..

So when I came to school I was about 15 minutes late and I explained to my teacher why this happened, and she said " But you're still late "..
And I still got a remark for being late..

My school sucks

Jakebert
12-22-2006, 04:53 PM
You puke from not eating breakfast and running? Pussy.

ninthlayer
12-22-2006, 04:58 PM
Pussy indeed. Never leave your parent's house, you'll die in the real world.

Marco
12-23-2006, 01:38 AM
I woke up late because there was Metallica practicing in the apartment near mine yesterday night. lame

SkunkIt
12-23-2006, 02:57 AM
Holy crap, i'm still awake.

I've tried the following and here were my replies:

- The car ran out of gas.
-Too bad, you should of got gas yesterday. - teacher.

- I had to wait for someone
-you should mind yourself, if they're late, too bad for them - teacher.

- emergency, blah blah blah
- too bad, you've still been marked as tardy- teacher

- I had the diarrhea.
-You're gonna be late!- parents

- I have to leave, It's an emergency...
-Too bad. - teacher

And what my teacher once asked:

-Why are you late every morning?
-Because, I have to style my hair. *Fluffs perm*

Nothing works. I even had to stay In school and take a final when I actually had the fever and had to go to the nurses' office thrice.

JoY
12-23-2006, 06:50 AM
* set the alarmclock on my cellphone, but the batery was low, so it turned itself off during the night
* subway 51 had delay (often happens anyway)
* period came & I was unprepared (gross, but it works & you won't get any questions)
* some other crisis, like lost the keys to my house/bike
* the waterheater fell over on my electicity supply ..thing
* roommate was in tears, had to comfort her
* forgot something important & had to go back
* wanted to upload something for school, but I was suddenly without internet
* the house owner (I rent a room in a student house) came to work on the house & I didn't feel comfortable leaving him in our house by himself
* I had a meeting/appointment that was running late
* I was supposed to meet a teacher to discuss something important, but he wasn't in his office & I couldn't find him

HeadAroundU
12-23-2006, 07:52 AM
cocotte.
Zomg, what does that mean?

Ninty Man
12-23-2006, 07:58 PM
The subway fails... it's the mother rule in Mexico city