PDA

View Full Version : Katatonia

Tom
12-23-2006, 06:33 AM
Katatonia is "goth-prog" (that's what I call it), I'm far from a goth but they're still up in my favourite band category. :P They're a band like Tool, and the "Goth" part is basically just their lyrics, but I don't care about that.. I just love the sound.

I'm very doubtful that anyone has heard of them, but even if they haven't their website is www.katatonia.com obviously, and if there is any fans well... lets have a little discussion. :P

To start off a discussion... do you like all of their albums? I personally don't like the old stuff at all.. they got kickass when they switched up the drummer and singer, and then ditched the screaming and went to that wicked ass "soft" singing.

Mannen som blev en gris
12-23-2006, 08:19 AM
Someone recommended them to me a while ago, so I've heard some songs. Didn't like it that much though.

Llamas
12-23-2006, 09:02 AM
They don't sound a terrible amount like Tool to me... they sound pretty generic. If anything, they sound more like A Perfect Circle. Regardless, this kinda bores me. The guy's voice is not that good, and the music is just generic rock. I dunno, just kinda average.

Yatesy
12-25-2006, 04:42 PM
I thought they were more Doom Metal band. Ah well doesn't matter really. They're good but I've only really heard one album so I can't really say much about them.

RickyCrack
12-25-2006, 06:34 PM
lolololololoolol goth musikkk (http://www.xanga.com/punkyxgothxantixpreppy)

JohnnyNemesis
12-25-2006, 06:37 PM
I totally went LMAO at first glance of that link, then I read one of the entries and it's so totally fake :(

RickyCrack
12-25-2006, 06:44 PM
I totally went LMAO at first glance of that link, then I read one of the entries and it's so totally fake :(

Totally, old joke sites from highschool, lol. Our friend jon's is funniar (http://www.xanga.com/goth_xxx_poetry)

JohnnyNemesis
12-25-2006, 06:47 PM
Jumping Jack Flash
Starring Whoopee Goldberg

the cat screams
manic dreams

blood lust
pudding crust

silence...silence
SURROUND!
SURROUND!
DOLBY 5.1 SURROUND SOUND!
silence...
death.
i am dead.

Far too much win <3

T-6005
12-26-2006, 11:47 AM
I don't know, for some reason my favorite part is this one.

Slipknot is fucking awesome. I can totally relate to what they say. They're poets and the most revolutionary band of all time. They have two drummers. That is so original.

RickyCrack
12-26-2006, 12:36 PM
Anybody can write gothikk poetry if they try! C'mon, give it a whirl.

SkunkIt
12-26-2006, 02:14 PM
Far too much win <3

Agreed. ten characters.

Paint_It_Black
12-26-2006, 03:32 PM
I used to enjoy Catatonia.

I'm choosing to just point that out and completely ignore the actual subject here.