PDA

View Full Version : Do any of you guys...



Lodat225
12-23-2006, 10:56 AM
Do any of you guys know a good website to download music.

And by that, i mean free.

Endymion
12-23-2006, 11:06 AM
lawls, website.

ps: tis the season, so i'll be nice -- soulseek.

Lars
12-23-2006, 11:13 AM
If you want a few freebies, this site was set up to offer free downloads in the run-up to Christmas. For some reason it's not been updated since the 14th.

http://www.newearsday.com/

Jakebert
12-23-2006, 12:33 PM
lawls, website.

ps: tis the season, so i'll be nice -- soulseek.

I'm seconding this one. Sometimes it can act up and be annoying to use, but for the most part, it's the best.

Pickles
12-23-2006, 12:35 PM
Would would you want a free one?

All of you are song-stealing bastards.

Amiralanal
12-23-2006, 12:37 PM
Do any of you guys know a good website to download music.

And by that, i mean free.

you fucking loser

adombomb222
12-23-2006, 12:39 PM
Would would you want a free one?

All of you are song-stealing bastards.


They don't care... Pull the damn trigger and get it over with!

Pickles
12-23-2006, 12:42 PM
Are you saying I should kill myself, because I legally download and buy music?

adombomb222
12-23-2006, 12:45 PM
No I don't quite know what I'm saying here... but you got the killing youself thing right.

I don't down load music, I buy the CDs because I'm weird like that.

Lodat225
12-23-2006, 01:36 PM
lawls, website.

ps: tis the season, so i'll be nice -- soulseek.

Thanks, im going there now.

Lodat225
12-23-2006, 03:59 PM
Soulseek is like LimeWire, right? Except... no viruses?

JohnnyNemesis
12-23-2006, 04:15 PM
Soulseek is like Limewire except actually worth using.

Lodat225
12-23-2006, 04:17 PM
Oh, cool. It doesn't have viruses or spyware or stuff like that? 'Cause my old computer got destroyed because of LimeWire.

Linda
12-23-2006, 05:03 PM
An anti-virus should help prevent that. Try AVG, there's a free version.

Lodat225
12-23-2006, 05:10 PM
Oh, nice. Thanks.

Grabbal
12-23-2006, 05:41 PM
Or download bitlord and go to www.torrentspy.com to download complete albums....

Jakebert
12-23-2006, 06:12 PM
Soulseek doesn't have Spyware or anything like that. Except I've found that some dumb people have a lot of trouble using it. So, you might want to try something else.

Endymion
12-24-2006, 01:33 AM
here's the deal:

only retards get viruses over p2p networks. limewire is full of retards, has shitty content, etc. soulseek automatically filters so that only music files are shown in results, it has MASSIVE amounts of music, etc. torrent sites only have popular music, same with limewire. if you really want diverse etc music, soulseek is the ONLY place to go. it also doesn't hold your hand, so it's got a medium learning curve.

JohnnyNemesis
12-24-2006, 01:46 AM
100% true, except I've sound some semi-rare to quite rare stuff on torrent sites.

Nothing compared to the amazing shit I used to get from SoulSeek when I used it more often, though (Legowelt Classics 1998 2003? HOLLERBACK!!!)

XYlophonetreeZ
12-24-2006, 02:05 AM
I've never ever had any problems with viruses from Limewire ever. And I can find what I'm looking for with about 90% success. I've considered giving Soulseek a try, but I'm not really convinced that it would make up for the other 10%.

I'd think you'd have to be a pretty big idiot to get viruses from Limewire. I mean, the searches don't filter out corrupted or bad files, but I don't really need for them to. I'm obviously not gonna download a 4-minute song with a filesize of 122.4KB, and if I see one single result for a file that 141 people have, and the next most is 2 people, then fucking OBVIOUSLY the one shared by 141 people is fucking corrupted. And even if I were a complete retard and chose to download that one, there's a fucking warning that comes up as you're downloading it. And of course I don't share any of my files.

offspring2
12-24-2006, 07:45 AM
Do any of you guys know a good website to download music.

And by that, i mean free.

LIMEWIRE is awesome for music downloads its free and the quality is kick ass!!! (offspring2):D

Marco
12-24-2006, 07:58 AM
I've never ever had any problems with viruses from Limewire ever. And I can find what I'm looking for with about 90% success. I've considered giving Soulseek a try, but I'm not really convinced that it would make up for the other 10%.

I'd think you'd have to be a pretty big idiot to get viruses from Limewire. I mean, the searches don't filter out corrupted or bad files, but I don't really need for them to. I'm obviously not gonna download a 4-minute song with a filesize of 122.4KB, and if I see one single result for a file that 141 people have, and the next most is 2 people, then fucking OBVIOUSLY the one shared by 141 people is fucking corrupted. And even if I were a complete retard and chose to download that one, there's a fucking warning that comes up as you're downloading it. And of course I don't share any of my files.
That's true...amen?