PDA

View Full Version : People who like/have experience with puppies

Sin Studly
12-23-2006, 09:49 PM
Okay, so I was showing off and trying to be a big man and all that crap and I helped one of my friends dock his rottweiler. I know, I know, I'm an idiot. I just wanted to be a big man and sort of assumed I knew what I was talking about, even though I've never docked a puppy before.

So, anyways, the tail came off fine, but it looks like we elasticated the ears too close to the head, and they've both gotten infected. Like, badly infected. Maximus looks like he's got this disgusting green-yellow slime pouring out of his ears, and all the hair around them has fallen out (I'll try and get a pic later, but it's kind of a sensitive topic now) and one of his eyes has gone milky like it's blind or something. We can't take him to a vet because home-docking is illegal here.

Any suggestions on how to fix it? If not, any suggestions on how I can convince him to drown his puppy without making it look it was my fault?

HornyPope
12-23-2006, 09:49 PM
Aww you're so adorable.

Venom Symbiote
12-23-2006, 09:53 PM
Rottweilers aren't dogs. Fuck rottweilers.

Sin Studly
12-23-2006, 09:54 PM
It was a rottie/staffordshire cross. And you're not helping.

HornyPope
12-23-2006, 09:56 PM
Yeah, don't go off topic in Justin's thread man. It's serious fucking business.

Sin Studly
12-23-2006, 09:57 PM
Seriously, at least help me regain some credibility before it dies.

HornyPope
12-23-2006, 09:59 PM
Want me to sticky it?

Sin Studly
12-23-2006, 10:01 PM
Could you? I won't need it stickied for long (obviously).

Omni
12-23-2006, 10:02 PM
You could just take him to the vet and say you found him on the street that way. And being the sensitive soul you are, you decided to help the poor pup rather than let it die abandoned in some alley in a puddle of infectious ooze.

HornyPope
12-23-2006, 10:07 PM
What can I say, I love animals.

adombomb222
12-23-2006, 10:18 PM
You shouldn't have done that in the first place, you are a fucking horrible person. I would say if you we're to try to save the dogs life, at this point the eye thing might mean itís going to die. But alcohol, vodka, rum something straight and strong, cotton balls and clean it upÖ shave back the hair around ears and super glue or stitch together.

Omni
12-23-2006, 10:18 PM
I'm trying to find out what infection he has exactly. Then maybe you could treat it as best you could on your own. It's kind of hard though. I don't think it's gangrene, at least.

Omni
12-23-2006, 10:19 PM
He's acknowledged the fact that he fucked up majorly. Saving the dog, or at least finding the most painless death is more important than finger-pointing right now.

Sin Studly
12-23-2006, 10:21 PM
We can't take him to the vet because he's been registered, and because he's part pit-bull he had to have an registration implant put in. Anyways, we've been putting rubbing alcohol on it.

Oh, do you think we should take the elasticators off his ears?

Omni
12-23-2006, 10:22 PM
I don't think it could hurt any more than it has. Maybe you could get him some penicilin or something?

adombomb222
12-23-2006, 10:25 PM
painless death

How idiomatic is that? Painless death, huh? If you're going to kill it, two sided knife, and make sure you do this right, hold the dogs neck out straight and jab it hard and straight, that'll nick its spin and it wont feel a thing, you fuck up the dog will bleed out and its lungs will fill with blood and die in about 20 second, instead of instantly.

adombomb222
12-23-2006, 10:28 PM
rubbing alcohol

That shit won't work, that's for small flesh wounds... real alcohol at least 80-90% is what you need, is it bleeding? And if the dog passed out or crying?

Sin Studly
12-23-2006, 10:35 PM
He's still small enough to break his neck if we have to.

But the superglue/stitching together thing, um... his ears haven't actually fallen off yet, they're all black and crusty and look dead, but we've still got the elasticators on. Actually, they're not really proper elasticators, they're office-style rubber bands.

edit ; and yeah, he seemed to be in a lot of pain when I last saw him. He just keeps lying in the corner and scratching at his ears and yelping. We tried to make him one of those cone-things you use to stop dogs clawing at their stiches, out of cardboard, but we couldn't attach it to his neck and we were pretty drunk so we gave up. Tom's possibly managed it while I was gone, though.

Omni
12-23-2006, 10:36 PM
Wow, you really are a man of mild mercy. I can't find any specifics on his infection, I guess you'll just have to use common sanitizers and treatments and see what happens.

adombomb222
12-23-2006, 10:39 PM
If they haven't fallen off yet, take off the bands and cut it's ears, then use alcohol on them. But only if you think the infection is really bad, if the stuff in his eye turns a dark color the infection is spreading. If you treat the infection with alcohol it could stop it, or there is a chance the infection will stop.

Sin Studly
12-23-2006, 10:41 PM
Wait, put alcohol on his eye? We tried calling to him and stuff and moving near one side of his head to see if the milky eye was blind, but he was too distressed for us to tell. It looks blind, though, so I guess alcohol on it can't hurt.

adombomb222
12-23-2006, 10:42 PM
edit ; and yeah, he seemed to be in a lot of pain when I last saw him. He just keeps lying in the corner and scratching at his ears and yelping. We tried to make him one of those cone-things you use to stop dogs clawing at their stiches, out of cardboard, but we couldn't attach it to his neck and we were pretty drunk so we gave up. Tom's possibly managed it while I was gone, though.

You've got to drug him, get him to sleep. I donít know if humanitarian medicines would work, but try some PM counter medicines.

adombomb222
12-23-2006, 10:43 PM
Wait, put alcohol on his eye? We tried calling to him and stuff and moving near one side of his head to see if the milky eye was blind, but he was too distressed for us to tell. It looks blind, though, so I guess alcohol on it can't hurt.

Infection is where, his ears? And there is shit in his eye.

HornyPope
12-23-2006, 11:20 PM
You really wanna that save that puppy, huh, Adom?

adombomb222
12-23-2006, 11:26 PM
I don't know if you are being sarcastic, but I really do.

T-6005
12-23-2006, 11:28 PM
If the infection starts to spread from his ears, you may as well take them off and try to properly sterilize the cut this time around.

Sin Studly
12-23-2006, 11:29 PM
The infection is around his ears but one of his eyes is milky. And please, I appreciate your advice, but can you be more specific? Drug him with what? What are 'humanitarian medicines'? What kind of PM counter medicines?

adombomb222
12-23-2006, 11:41 PM
Humanitarian medicines are medicines for humans. I donít know any PM meds right off my head, but something that is specifically for sleeping. They do have medians for animals (dogs) but only at vets. Iím saying drug him because if he is in pain he may shut down and let he may let himself die, you get him to sleep or get his pain relived. Actually pain medicines would be best, but most ďgoodĒ ones arenít over the counter, maybe one of your friends has a prescription. But right now, with out seeing the damage, I would say cut its ears and try to stop the infection. But try getting a picture.

Sin Studly
12-23-2006, 11:46 PM
Cut off his ears? Wouldn't it be better if we left the rubber bands on?

T-6005
12-23-2006, 11:49 PM
Depends on whether the infection is spreading from the initial cut. If it is, you probably just want to try and get rid of as much of that infection as possible and then sterilize the rest.

adombomb222
12-23-2006, 11:50 PM
The bands are going to make them fall off anyways? What they do is kill the skin, thats what its turning black, no blood is getting to it. But if it is infected killing the infections could be best, the dogs anti-bodies may not respond to that area because there isn't blood flowing.

Sin Studly
12-23-2006, 11:58 PM
Wait, wait, wait. There was no cutting. We put rubber bands on the ears and tail. The tail died and fell off without problems, but the ears are all fucked up, inside the ear, well underneath the bands.

Paint_It_Black
12-24-2006, 12:00 AM
Gulsah's death threats are going to be real this time.

T-6005
12-24-2006, 12:00 AM
Sorry, I'm starting to confuse things.

adombomb222
12-24-2006, 12:01 AM
Yes. And therefore, the infection is internal (hence the prefix ďinĒ); to stop it you must cut.

Sin Studly
12-24-2006, 12:03 AM
Cut his ears off? They're already close to falling off.

Paint_It_Black
12-24-2006, 12:05 AM
Chew on the infected stumps then take him to the vet and say he was in a fight.

As an added bonus, you'll look even cooler in front of your friends.

SkunkIt
12-24-2006, 12:07 AM
Try putting antibiotic ointment on his ears, It works when my dogs have cuts or infections, but do not get It far inside the ear ,or It may result In deafness. If It's seriously infected, try leaving him in front of the vet, knocking the door and running away or If he suffers too much, you'll have to put him down. The dog might have an infection leading to It's head and If It's ears clog, leaving it def and possibly spreading to it's sinuses and leaving it blind in the future. If this an an emergency and you don't have antibiotic ointment, try using rubbing alcohol and I hate to say it but if you dont have that either, use vodka or whiskey.

Also, dogs can have a lifetime of seizures from these procedures and without proper medical devices. That dog's ear won't stand, so now the dog will probably have floppy, cut ears.

For many reasons, I don't agree with docking.

http://www.seefido.com/canine-dog-health/html/dog_infections.htm

Edit: The milky eyes might be a cataract.

http://vmthpub.vetmed.wisc.edu/sa_services/ophthalmology/cataracts.htm

adombomb222
12-24-2006, 12:14 AM
Cut his ears off? They're already close to falling off.

If you are doing what I think you are, the skin will still be open to the elements so you could wait, when its ears fall off. Iím agreeing with SkunkIt, well kind of, use vodka; rum or whiskey when they fall off, this, Iím certain has a better chance of kill off the infection.

Sin Studly
12-24-2006, 12:16 AM
But the infection is inside his ears, not around the elastication site.

SkunkIt
12-24-2006, 12:27 AM
There Is also a special ointment for ear infections you could get from the vet by RX, probably without bringing the dog in. I used it on two of my dogs, it's called Otomax. I don't know if it can be applied in the ear, but my dog had a pretty deep infection in her ear and it worked.

http://www.1800petmeds.com/pgroup.asp?LV=258&PG=Otomax

HornyPope
12-24-2006, 10:54 AM
On behalf of everyone on the BBS, I hope this was helpfull to you, Justin and your adorable, beloved puppy.

Merry christmas!

Twinkle
12-24-2006, 02:07 PM
awwwwwww....:( poor puppy! why would you even dock it in the first place. cruel! awwww....i hope it survives and lives a happy, healthy life.

Omni
12-24-2006, 03:46 PM
As happily and healthy as possible with missing ears, no tail, a blind eye, and bad memories.

calichix
12-24-2006, 10:15 PM
why don't you say you found the puppy?

ps. what an awful thing to do to a little rottie. did you even research how to take care of it before you started hacking at the puppy?

Not Ozymandias
12-24-2006, 11:52 PM
Kill it, dogs are idiots.

JohnnyNemesis
12-24-2006, 11:53 PM
awwwwwww....:( poor puppy! why would you even dock it in the first place. cruel! awwww....i hope it survives and lives a happy, healthy life.

This infuriates me.

WebDudette
12-24-2006, 11:54 PM
ps. what an awful thing to do to a little rottie. did you even research how to take care of it before you started hacking at the puppy?

He never cut the puppy no one did.
I could ask my sister tommorow mabey, she is training to be a vet.

Sin Studly
12-25-2006, 12:25 AM
did you even research how to take care of it before you started hacking at the puppy?

I already told you, I assumed I knew what I was doing!

calichix
12-25-2006, 12:26 AM
you should just drop it off in front of the vet's with a note.

WebDudette
12-25-2006, 12:28 AM
Tight rubber bands.

Acoustic1804
12-25-2006, 12:46 AM
Pass the buck. Give someone else the responsibility.

neocon58
12-25-2006, 01:01 AM
Take the dog to a vets, for fucks sake man.

khaaaaan
12-25-2006, 11:11 AM
Cutting of the tail of a puppy is hard. You know it's gonna hurt him, but you still wanna do it cause... well you know, it'll help him. By... by having the tail gone you know?