PDA

View Full Version : Xmas is not 100% fun

Anya82
12-24-2006, 11:25 AM
what do you hate about Xmas?

I really like these holidays, but there are some stuff that really annoys me.
For me, I HATE Xmas movies. I know it sounds illogical, but i hate them cause i got sick of 'em. Every Xmas time, you turn on the TV, and you get the SAME movies from the last 5 - 10 years over and over. How the Grinch stole Xmas, Miracle on 34th street, Home Alone 1 and 2, the fucking shittiest xmas film: Jingle all the way, Santa Clause.....urgh.
I find them dumb, and annoyingly magical and happy.

the_GoDdEsS
12-24-2006, 11:28 AM
In fact, we get the bestest of the best Slovak, Czech and Russian fairy tales ever made. From the 60s, 70s and 80s. Nobody cares they are there every year because they are so good you just want to re-watch them.

Anya82
12-24-2006, 11:30 AM
nice.:)
we only get the boring american movies.

Paint_It_Black
12-24-2006, 11:31 AM
I hate the term Xmas.

Tired_Of_You
12-24-2006, 11:34 AM
We have Astérix et Obélix every year here! The animated movies.

http://www.frithjof.de/asterix_asterix-obelix.jpg

I agree with you about the same movies over & over again, but I rarely watch TV, so it doesn't bother me that much.

killer_queen
12-24-2006, 11:39 AM
<3s for Val and for Asterix & Obelix. Actually I like the books more but cartoons are <3 too!

And christmas movies aren't that bad. You must see Wakko's Wish if you like Animaniacs, it's awesomes.

Tired_Of_You
12-24-2006, 11:42 AM
They are great. Mostly "Les 12 travaux d'Astérix". I have no idea what it is in other languages, but I love this one.

HeadAroundU
12-24-2006, 11:45 AM
Christmas is hell on earth, I know nothing worst
then being depressed and told to be happy.
The season of su-icide, I know why they died
Christmas reminds me I have nothing.

I've got no girl there's only me
no friends or family, another Christmas alone
Got no food to eat, no ornaments or wreath
so I'll hang myself from the tree.
:( :(

killer_queen
12-24-2006, 11:47 AM
Yesss! But unfortunately there isn't a book version of it.

Have you read Asterix and the Roman Agent? The original name is La Zizanie, I believe. It's my favourite.

Tired_Of_You
12-24-2006, 11:52 AM
Yeah, I remember reading La Zizanie! My father has all the cartoons (almost, he doesn't have the most recents, because he doesn't like them). I pretty much read all the Ast&#233;rix & Ob&#233;lix when I was younger. I surely liked it, because I don't remember not liking one of the cartoons.

It makes me think about an an Ast&#233;rix computer game I used to play (and I'm sure I still have it =)). The guy from La Zizanie was in the game and he was so frustrating.

Edit : I found the game. It's called Le d&#233;fi de C&#233;sar.

darea
12-24-2006, 11:53 AM
My favourite asterix is le tour de gaule... in france they also have the cartoon films of asterix, I dont bother to watch tv either, I prefer watching dvds or doing something else, I quite like the asterix movie with jamel debbouze "asterix et cleopatre" thats a funny one

Tijs
12-24-2006, 11:58 AM
I hate the way how everyone forces you to have a good and happy time.

We have Ast&#233;rix et Ob&#233;lix every year here! The animated movies.

http://www.frithjof.de/asterix_asterix-obelix.jpg
oh my god. I used to LOVE the cartoons, not to mention the actual comics, those were the best. I wish they would show that on TV here every once in a while. There's no doubt that I'm taking some of them comics on vacation this year.

Jakebert
12-24-2006, 11:59 AM
How could any holiday that brings us the genius that is Santa Claus Conquers the Martains be a bad thing?

the_GoDdEsS
12-24-2006, 12:01 PM
nice.:)
we only get the boring american movies.

We probably do too. On the lame private channel.

killer_queen
12-24-2006, 12:05 PM
It makes me think about an an Astérix computer game I used to play (and I'm sure I still have it =)). The guy from La Zizanie was in the game and he was so frustrating.

Edit : I found the game. It's called Le défi de César.
I have a ps1 game of Asterix. The only characters that can be played are Asterix, Obelix, Cacofonix ( don't know the original name, the one that always sings) and Mrs Geriatrix (again don't know the original name, old guy's hot wife). There are eating competitons and stuff like that. SOOO fun!

Tired_Of_You
12-24-2006, 12:09 PM
There's a playstation game? Omg, I'm going to rent it if I can find it or even better, buy it.

And yayyyy Ast&#233;rix & Cleopatra at 15:30 today. I don't know if I'll watch it, but when Les 12 travaux will be on TV, I better not miss it this time. There's another one that is good, but I don't remember the name. There's a Roman soldier who's in Ast&#233;rix's village and the druid is crazy. The poor Roman guy has to taste some of his potions and they all have really weird effects on him.

CacofonixAssurancetourix!!!

and Mrs Geriatrix (again don't know the original name, old guy's hot wife)She doesn't have a name. She's Madame Agecanonix. Had to find this on a website, because I couldn't remember. Haha.

Lodat225
12-24-2006, 12:21 PM
Holiday shopping, and family coming over and making fun of my hair.

Eccentric Sara
12-24-2006, 01:27 PM
[quote=Tijs;942490]I hate the way how everyone forces you to have a good and happy time.
[quote]
Yeah,definately! It's the enforced merry-making that really pisses me off! My Dad annoys me with practically everything he says,so I find it really annoying that I've got to bite my tongue and not have a go at him,just so I don't ruin the "Christmas spirit".If I have an argument with him,he then makes sure he ruins the rest of the day/evening for me by making an uncomfortable atmosphere,shouting at me even more,etc. Plus he is a heavy drinker,so shouts racism and nationilism at the TV,making spending too much time with him quite upsetting. My family are great.:( Hate the way I'm forced to spend time with them,just to supposedly celebrate the birth of someone I don't even believe in in the first place. (I am an athiest.)
Phew! Rant over! That felt goooood!:)

Grabbal
12-24-2006, 01:48 PM
We always have Donald Duck and Goofy movies where I live..

Jebus
12-24-2006, 02:09 PM
Don't hate on my governor's holiday smash hit.

DeAtHsTaR
12-24-2006, 03:00 PM
This year I hate everything about Christmas. I got nothing because we're poor. I'm not going to Arizona because we're poor. I'm working in the shop for free because my dad's an ass.

T-6005
12-24-2006, 04:22 PM
Mrs Geriatrix (again don't know the original name, old guy's hot wife). There are eating competitons and stuff like that. SOOO fun!
My God, memories of boycrush.

PS - I'm from just to the south of there, originally.

SkunkIt
12-24-2006, 05:52 PM
I celebrate Christmas like I would celebrate Hannukah. Just for the hell of it. What bother me is that all the traffic on christmas eve, the fact that all the fun places are closed, how much money you spend on gifts and all the jesus freaks come out of nowhere and start preaching on tv. I hate then they play nothing but christmas music on the radio the whole month.

However, some good christmas movies, I do enjoy. Ha ha, I love Jingle All The Way.

Around christmas, I also have an urge to sing christmas carols, even though I'm agnostic and I can't stop singing them, because, they're so catchy.

Also, I hate when people go last minute christmas shopping, so I make sure I'm prepared early.

sKratch
12-24-2006, 07:36 PM
What the... Eccentric Sara still exists?

ninthlayer
12-24-2006, 10:31 PM
And still does the whole irritating change text color thing apparently.

I don't really understand why everyone gets so butthurt about the holidays. Yeah, they're there and everything, but I hardly noticed the approach (other than gift-buying and the fact that two of the stations I tolerate on the radio become intolerable as they convert themselves exclusively to holiday music). This is the only time of year that I see one side of my family, but there's no forced merriment involved. I go, I eat, I harass, and then I collect my Christmas cizzash and leave.

Eccentric Sara
12-25-2006, 08:48 AM
Ha ha!:D I am still alive,yes! Haven't really had net access for a very long time,due to moving out of my parents' house and having computer er,problems! I am staying with them over Xmas tho,hence the net surfing!I hadn't been on here in yonks,so thought I would re-investigate this place! Hi to anyone who remembers me!:) (I'm surprised somebody did actually!lol) And yes,my "irritating" colourful text still exists.I believe we had a discussion about it's er,"irritating-ness" like,a year ago,so can't be arsed with that all over again!I may use even more colours now,just to piss you off!:D
Well,hope everyone is having a tolerable Xmas!I'm going to have dinner now!:p

khaaaaan
12-25-2006, 11:03 AM
The past 3 days I must have seen "The Santa Clause 2" like 7 times. That's what I hate about Christmas.

wheelchairman
12-25-2006, 11:05 AM
Our tree is ugly :(

- Tizz

SkunkIt
12-26-2006, 12:16 AM
Ha....:p

I also missed you, you should visit the board more often. :D