PDA

View Full Version : Gerald Ford Dies/Nixon Prepares Welcoming Party In Hell

Not Ozymandias
12-26-2006, 10:37 PM
This should be interesting. When a President dies the media always over-plays their accomplishments and tries to convince us that they were greatly under-appreciated. Even Nixon whom everyone knows was a psycho and a crook got the full revisionist treatment.
But Gerald Ford was barely President. He only existed to finish the term of a criminal sociopath and lost his only attempt at being elected to Jimmy Fucking Carter. He's most famous for pardoning a mass-murderer and falling down in public a lot.
I wonder if they'll be able to keep the bullshit up.

HornyPope
12-26-2006, 11:19 PM
You mean they do that all the time? I was shocked when I first picked the papers to learn the positives they drew of Reagan's tenure, I was thinking: "ok now, enough with the rose glasses, get to the more real part".

Little_Miss_1565
12-26-2006, 11:25 PM
Oh no, happens all the time. A president could spend his entire term eating babies and killing koala bears and when he died of old age, he would be fondly remembered by the media as a great man. But to be fair with Reagan, he'd been getting the revisionist treatment starting when Bush II took office.

Venom Symbiote
12-27-2006, 12:07 AM
Oh, enough with the Reagan hating. Reagan and Bush Sr. were awesome in most respects.

JohnnyNemesis
12-27-2006, 09:30 AM
Oh fuck. You're an idiot.

Little_Miss_1565
12-27-2006, 09:47 AM
Oh, enough with the Reagan hating. Reagan and Bush Sr. were awesome in most respects.

Oh yes, I loved how they cleared out the middle class and ensured the poor would only get poorer, and refused to raise the minimum wage to a level at which people could live, so that adjusted for inflation, the minimum wage paid more in the 60's than it did during their administrations and now. Oh, I also love being lied to. That's my favorite ever.

Even more, though, I love how Venom likes to pretend he has a valid viewpoint of American politics.

Sin Studly
12-27-2006, 09:52 AM
Be fair. Reagan has always had a very strong following. I think he's scum, you think he's scum, but stop pretending the rest of your nation agrees with you. He's probably the second/third most beloved presidents you have.

Little_Miss_1565
12-27-2006, 09:53 AM
Be fair. Reagan has always had a very strong following. I think he's scum, you think he's scum, but stop pretending the rest of your nation agrees with you. He's probably the second/third most beloved presidents you have.

Yeah, by the top 1% income bracket, who just happen to include a very large chunk of the media.

Besides, Venom did not say that Reagan was one of the most beloved American presidents. He said he was "awesome."

Sin Studly
12-27-2006, 09:56 AM
Venom's a fucking idiot, we already know that.

But Reagan was beloved by more than the ultra-rich. Let's not forget the millions of lower-class Americans who credit him with singlehandedly defeating the Russkis.

Little_Miss_1565
12-27-2006, 09:57 AM
Who now live on McDonald's. I swear, if people weren't so singlemindedly religious, there might actually be something resembling a middle class.

Sin Studly
12-27-2006, 10:02 AM
The foibles of American society don't change the fact that Reagan was and is looked fondly apon by the majority of Americans.

You can always try emigrating? I'll help you get into politics here. Making shanks isn't too hard.

Sin Studly
12-27-2006, 10:51 AM
http://www.news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=76458

Little_Miss_1565
12-27-2006, 12:14 PM
The foibles of American society don't change the fact that Reagan was and is looked fondly apon by the majority of Americans.

You can always try emigrating? I'll help you get into politics here. Making shanks isn't too hard.

Haha, I'm down for a shank-based political system.

I hesitate to believe assesments that say a "majority" of Americans believed anything, since there isn't exactly any study evidence to back it up--just the appearance we get from the news, which isn't exactly unbiased.

wheelchairman
12-27-2006, 08:04 PM
It's completely full of shit, the news.

Go anywhere in America and ask the locals what they think about the dems and reps and I guarantee that you will mostly find apathy.

We do have a tendency to respect the recently dead. Not necessarily a bad thing, not that I care or support these tendencies either.

SkunkIt
12-28-2006, 02:00 AM
CNN has been showing Gerald Ford all day as a "good man who achieved great things"

Then again, CNN have always been ass kissers, when it came to dead presidents.

JohnnyNemesis
12-28-2006, 11:25 AM
His greatest achievement was going undefeated with Michigan in 1932 and 1933.

Little_Miss_1565
12-28-2006, 04:41 PM
His greatest achievement was going undefeated with Michigan in 1932 and 1933.

Lulz, that's what the news at home is talking about. OMFG PREZ FORD PLAYED AGAINST THE IRISH!!!!11!!

JohnnyNemesis
12-28-2006, 04:43 PM
lulz lulz lulz, i kno rite?

Funny, he had better equilibrium on the football field than in public as president.

Little_Miss_1565
12-28-2006, 04:48 PM
Maybe it was all the beatdowns he got from the Fightin' Irish that caused the falling downs?

calichix
01-02-2007, 08:59 PM
I wish they gave the presidential treatment to all dead people. When James Brown died it was, "Famously addicted to heroin and cocaine, wife-beater James Brown died last night (and he might've at one point made music)."

[[Jew in a Toaster]]
02-05-2007, 11:27 AM
CNN has been showing Gerald Ford all day as a "good man who achieved great things"

Then again, CNN have always been ass kissers, when it came to dead presidents.

Fox News are the ass kissers.

That_Guy91
02-05-2007, 02:01 PM
];964523']Fox News are the ass kissers.

What are you, some kind of fucking idiot or something?

Lithuanian Offspring
02-13-2007, 06:22 AM
Oh fuck. You're an idiot.

Great point. (seriously)

What are you, some kind of fucking idiot or something?

Good question. (seriously)