PDA

View Full Version : CD's You Shamefully own that you need to get rid of

SkunkIt
12-28-2006, 01:54 AM
I wasn't sure if this went in this section. If not, someone can move it.

What the title says, make a list.

NickelBack- Silver Side Up
POD- Satellite
Limp Bizkit- HotDog Water and the Starfish flavored whatever

XYlophonetreeZ
12-28-2006, 01:58 AM
POD- Satellite

Confession: I sorta like the title track and I LOVE "Ridiculous" (with Eek-a-Mouse).

SkunkIt
12-28-2006, 02:05 AM
Usally when I think of POD, "Ridiculous" comes to mind. I used to love it, until it got stuck in my head and started to get annoying.

Manic Subsidal Boy
12-28-2006, 02:24 AM
Aquamania - Aqua
Spice - Spice Girls

Please sympathise for me!?

Venom Symbiote
12-28-2006, 04:34 AM
Thing is, Silver Side Up isn't a bad album. Bad band? Check. Bad album? Nope, it's actually decent.

Mine would be "Astro Lounge" by Smashmouth or that Alanis CD where she re-recorded all of her hits acoustically into a compilation or some shit. Horrible, horrible.

Stranger With Candy
12-28-2006, 05:20 AM
POD- Satellite
Limp Bizkit- HotDog Water and the Starfish flavored whatever

and Avril Lavigne - the first one.

Grabbal
12-28-2006, 05:31 AM
Backstreet boys - Black/blue..
Don't mock

darea
12-28-2006, 06:12 AM
I guess I got rid of all the cds I'd be embarassed of having, so lets say avril lavigne the first one, and Ice MC.....

Tijs
12-28-2006, 07:12 AM
Send it to me please.

Jakebert
12-28-2006, 09:34 AM
Every Nirvana CD. Like all 13 year olds, I went through the "KURT COBAIN IS DEAD THEREFORE GOOD!!" but never got around to getting rid of them.
The 2 Incubus CD's that my friend gave me. Shudder.

0r4ng3
12-28-2006, 09:38 AM
"Ocean Avenue" by Yellowcard. What the fuck was I thinking?

I also own 2 Incubus CDs. I never liked either one.

I have other CDs that I don't listen to, but I don't intend on getting rid of.

Spelling Corrector
12-28-2006, 09:39 AM

I also own two Incubus CDs. I never liked either one.

I have other CDs that I don't listen to, but I don't intend on getting rid of.

Use proper spelling!

Apathy
12-28-2006, 09:43 AM
I have multiple Good Charlotte albums I recieved for Christmas a few years ago that I still haven't gotten rid of.

People in my family assumed I'd like it I guess.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
12-28-2006, 10:06 AM
I own many CDs. These are the ones that are now in my sister's closet. I bolded the ones that I loved then. The ones with (*) means they weren't that bad.

Catalyst- New Found Glory
Rockin' The Joint- Aerosmith*
The All-American Rejects- The All-American Rejects
Elephunk- Black Eyed Peas
Blink-182- Blink-182
Enema of the State- Blink-182
Take Off Your Pants and Jacket- Blink-182
A Hangover You Don't Deserve- Bowling For Soup
39 Minutes of Bliss- Caesars*
Paper Tigers- Caesars
Real Talk- Fabolous
Finger Eleven- Finger Eleven*
Franz Ferdinand- Franz Ferdinand*
The Reason- Hoobastank
Get Born- Jet
Futures- Jimmy Eat World
The College Dropout- Kanye West*
Hot Fuss- The Killers
Korn- Korn*
See You On The Other Side- Korn (this is too new)
Meteora- Linkin Park
The Long Road- Nickelback
Stop The World- Riddlin' Kids
Ultimate Run-DMC- Run-DMC
Schmack!- Steriogram
Palm Trees And Power Lines*- Sugarcult
Start Static- Sugarcult
All Killer No Filler- Sum 41*
Chuck- Sum 41*
The Beautiful Letdown- Switchfoot
Nothing Is Sound- Switchfoot
Ocean Avenue- Yellowcard
One For The Kids- Yellowcard

The sad thing is, most of these are from 2004. Music tastes can change very much over time. And yes, I paid for these. They are actually in CD format.

These are artists which I owned and liked CDs in about the same time period as the ones above. These are the few that survived the music taste change: Autopilot Off, Billy Talent, Black Sheep, Death From Above 1979, Green Day, My Chemical Romance, The Offspring, Van Halen.

JohnnyNemesis
12-28-2006, 11:22 AM
College Dropout is a phenomenal album and way better than Late Registration. Fuckin' masterpiece.

barangatang
12-28-2006, 11:42 AM
All Killer No Filler- Sum 41*
First CD I ever bought. I got it in a small music store in Italy when I was ten and listened to it through and through every day for next two weeks trip. It was amazing. I must've memorized every single syllable that was sung on that cd and I thought I was the most hardcore kid in the world.

Anyways, I can see why you think it's a bad CD, what with all the stupid filler tracks on it, but, for some reason, whenever I listen to it I am taken back to my 10 year old body, jumping on the bed in our hotel.

Grabbal
12-28-2006, 11:44 AM
What an ironic title if there are so many fillers as you say..

Llamas
12-28-2006, 11:47 AM
That album is horrible. The one before it was quite good, though. They were good before they hit the radio.

POD- Satellite
That is also a good album. POD is good if you listen to the right stuff.

Limp Bizkit- Chocolate Starfish and Hotdog Flavored Water
I never heard that album, but it's definitely LOL worthy. I have significant other in my collection still. :p

Aquamania - Aqua
Spice - Spice Girls
I wish I had those albums. Both are a part of a history of awesomeness.

Mine would be "Astro Lounge" by Smashmouth or that Alanis CD where she re-recorded all of her hits acoustically into a compilation or some shit. Horrible, horrible.
Both of which are good albums. In fact the alanis one is very, very well done.

and Avril Lavigne - the first one.
I feel guilty about the fact that I really like that cd, haha.

BSB was awesome, though that was their weakest album. I still know all the words to the songs off "Millenium".

Every Nirvana CD. Like all 13 year olds, I went through the "KURT COBAIN IS DEAD THEREFORE GOOD!!" but never got around to getting rid of them.
lol at nirvana. Incubus is great. :p

hahahahaha sick! I walked by their show at summerfest this summer... they were horrid.

Use proper spelling!
Worst album EVER.

I have multiple Good Charlotte albums.
The first one was quite good. After that, massive fail.

Most of 1979's albums are lol worthy, but some aren't.

Elephunk- Black Eyed PeasI really like that album, but kinda in a guilty way.

Finger Eleven- Finger Eleven*
Franz Ferdinand- Franz Ferdinand*
Get Born- Jet
Futures- Jimmy Eat World
Hot Fuss- The Killers GOOD albums!

Chuck- Sum 41*
The Beautiful Letdown- Switchfoot
Nothing Is Sound- Switchfoot
Also quite good albums, esp switchfoot. [/QUOTE]

My worst purchased CDs:

Darren Hayes- Spin
Tilt - Collect Em All
Tiffany (hahahahahahahhaa!!!)
Poison - Native Tongue
Michael W Smith - i 2 (eye)
Korn- Follow the Leader
Tribute to Jay Z
Stone Temple Pilots
STP - Tiny Music
Sex Pistols - Nevermind the Bollocks
Santana - Supernatural

killer_queen
12-28-2006, 12:04 PM
This topic has been talked for several times. I can't understand why people love talking about embarrassment so much.

Anyways, I'm not ashamed of my cds but I've got some things that people think I must be ashamed of. Like Limp Bizkit's Hotdog blah blah. I still think it's a great album. Full of bouncy songs and if I like it it means they are good. And lots of metal crap. I'm not proud to have them but they were gifts so..whatever.

Nina
12-28-2006, 12:10 PM

Give them to me!

Enema of the State- Blink-182
Futures- Jimmy Eat World

Give them to me!

Anyways, I'm not ashamed of my cds but I've got some things that people think I must be ashamed of. Like Limp Bizkit's Hotdog blah blah. I still think it's a great album. Full of bouncy songs and if I like it it means they are good. And lots of metal crap. I'm not proud to have them but they were gifts so..whatever.

Give them to.....I mean I agree. I cant think of a CD I am ashamed of. Maybe not entirely proud, but definitely not ashamed.

Llamas
12-28-2006, 12:11 PM
I don't know, either. I also don't see any music as actually being embarassing. I willfully admit the cds I have that suck. Whatever.

Llamas
12-28-2006, 12:11 PM
Give them to me!

Give them to me!

Give them to.....
Give it to me baby! Ah ha ah ha! (and by "baby" I mean "nina")

Nina
12-28-2006, 12:16 PM
I actually remembered this line when I wrote my reply. Man, the Offspring brainwashed me.

XYlophonetreeZ
12-28-2006, 12:38 PM
1979, you just got All Killer No Filler and Chuck? The one in between them, Does This Look Infected?, was easily their best.

Vera
12-28-2006, 01:46 PM
Disclaimer: I AM NOT ASHAMED OF OWNING THESE, but I do want to get rid of them for the simple reason I don't listen to them and NEVER could get into them for whatever reasons.

PM me if you want them, I'd be willing to give away some, some I would like some compensation, maybe not in terms of money but if you could send me something that I might like in return, would be cool.

Sick of It All, "Yours Truly" (don't ask me why I bought this - I don't even like hardcore!)
Third Eye Blind, "Blue" (I like one song but I've got that song on a soundtrack, so I don't really need this cd.)
Manic Street Preachers, "Know Your Enemy" (Great band, but just not my style.)
Lemonator, "The Waltz" (I like a few songs, but I never really listen to it, so it can go.)
Apulanta, "Plastik" (see above explanation)
Beck, "Loser EP" (I love Loser, but the other songs a bit ..eh.)
Alient Art Farm, whatever their first album's name is (I have nooo idea why I own this, but I used to kind of like it)

The following Offspring singles [MAXI-SINGLES meaning they haven't got just one song] (because what the hell will I do with them?); Million Miles Away, Why Don't You Get a Job, The Kid's Aren't Alright, Original Prankster (I'm hanging onto Want You Bad, because that has a few lovely covers - though I doubt I'll ever listen to it.)

JohnnyNemesis
12-28-2006, 02:22 PM
^The first AAF album was called "ANTology", and it was okay aside from the horribly horrible lyrics

STP - Tiny Music

This album made me wish Scott Weiland were using heroin again. A few decent songs on there though.

Give them to me!

I can give you a .zip file of Blink 182's Enema of the State if you like...

JohnnyNemesis
12-28-2006, 02:29 PM
ps. Nirvana was very very very good. It's their obsessive FANS and the critics who praised them BLINDLY that sucked so horribly; get it right people.

Sadly, the fact that they made extremely good music is simply very hard to believe after hearing years of "OMG THIS IS THE BEST THING THAT HAS HAPPENED TO THE AUDIBLE EXPERIENCE OF MAN AT ANY POINT IN HISTORY OH MY FUCK" from so many idiots, and the fact that some of the songs actually were well written is even harder to believe for the same reasons.

Vera
12-28-2006, 02:29 PM
^The first AAF album was called "ANTology", and it was okay aside from the horribly horrible lyrics

Yeah, I remember something like that.

Nina
12-28-2006, 03:01 PM
Rick, that would be hot ;D Can you upload it on anything but yousendit, tho?

Sanni, I'd totally be interested in AAF. Do you have all Jimmy Eat World albums? If not I could send you one. Edit: With that I mean, do you have all original albums.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
12-28-2006, 03:05 PM
1979, you just got All Killer No Filler and Chuck? The one in between them, Does This Look Infected?, was easily their best.

My best friend had Does This Look Infected?, and he just burned it for me. That was my favorite at the time, and still is.

College Dropout is a phenomenal album and way better than Late Registration. Fuckin' masterpiece.
I hate Late Registration. I stopped listening to The College Dropout ever since Kanye West turned into a prick. I know it doesn't change the music, but it changed the image behind it.

Most of 1979's albums are lol worthy, but some aren't.
Ha, you seem like to kind of person that would like the Hoobastank album.

I really like that album, but kinda in a guilty way.
I probably should have bolded that one, since I liked it a lot back then.

GOOD albums!
I always hated that Killers CD, I loved, loved, loved the Jet CD, the Finger 11 one was okay, I liked Jimmy Eat World a good amount, and I probably would still be liking Franz Ferdinand, but for some reason I just stopped listening to them.

Also quite good albums, esp switchfoot.
Switchfoot's first album: Great! "Gone", "Meant To Live" and "Ammunition" were all good songs. I thought the second one sucked tremendous horse cock. Bad albums can really ruin an artist for me.

Give them to me!
Too late, my sister likes Blink and my friend likes Jimmy Eat World. I do still have the songs on my playlist though.

JohnnyNemesis
12-28-2006, 03:05 PM
Blink 182 on Rapidshare comin' to your PM box shortly.

Vera
12-28-2006, 03:08 PM
Sanni, I'd totally be interested in AAF. Do you have all Jimmy Eat World albums? If not I could send you one. Edit: With that I mean, do you have all original albums.

Cool! I only have Bleed American & Futures but I might get Static Prevails so Clarity would work. :)

0r4ng3
12-28-2006, 03:10 PM
I hate Late Registration. I stopped listening to The College Dropout ever since Kanye West turned into a prick. I know it doesn't change the music, but it changed the image behind it.
I know what you mean.

Kanye West does not care about white people. :(

Llamas
12-28-2006, 03:12 PM
Rick, that would be hot ;D Can you upload it on anything but yousendit, tho?

Nobody can give Nina the AAF album. Seriously. Nina, you will find out why soon! But don't give it to her!

JohnnyNemesis
12-28-2006, 03:15 PM
Pfft, the only assholish thing Kanye's done is to be so damn cocky about his music. The comments he made following Katrina were 100% truth (even the shortest squinting glance at Bush's policies/actions on race-related issues proves it) and I'm glad he had the balls to say it.

0r4ng3
12-28-2006, 03:16 PM
Oh I know, I just needed an excuse to use that line.

Nina
12-28-2006, 03:26 PM
OOOHHH, Brianna! haha. ;D
- PM to Sanni
- MAJOR THANKS to Rick :]

Llamas
12-28-2006, 03:27 PM
What are you doing online?? Go to bed for your mom's bday's sake!! :p

Nina
12-28-2006, 03:28 PM
Man, I know. I didnt even wrap the presents yet. And the movie was shit. Reminds me, I gotta write a review.

Llamas
12-28-2006, 03:29 PM
Aww. :( You can't even say the name, AND it sucked? AND you stayed up late to watch it? What a POS. Burn it.

Vera
12-28-2006, 03:35 PM
Oh I know, I just needed an excuse to use that line.

And it was LOL-worthy, no worries.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
12-28-2006, 03:45 PM
I know what you mean.

Kanye West does not care about white people. :(

Haha. I really am surprised you knew what a Kanye West was, none the less knew his quotes.

P.S. What's that song in your signature? I've been trying to think of it, and it's been on the tip of my tongue. I wanted to say Billy Talent, but he says "twenty more to pass". Please, tell me.

--
Stll, one of the reasons I liked The College Dropout was because of Kanye West's broken jaw accident. He couldn't start his career then and when he finallly healed he made a pretty good album. Later, his jaw was fine and he used it to rant about how he didn't win awards. It bugged me.

0r4ng3
12-28-2006, 03:50 PM
P.S. What's that song in your signature? I've been trying to think of it, and it's been on the tip of my tongue. I wanted to say Billy Talent, but he says "twenty more to pass". Please, tell me.
Seriously? I was thinking of, like, eight different things it could have been. Yes, it's Burn The Evidence, but I didn't bother actually looking up the lyrics.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
12-28-2006, 03:54 PM
Oh okay, but nevermind. You were right. I just looked it up. I was wrong... about Billy Talent. I'm a failure.

Edit: I know this one is "Drones" though.

Edit2: Haha, you changed it back.

DeAtHsTaR
12-28-2006, 04:05 PM
Mine would be "Astro Lounge" by Smashmouth
Seconded. I still like a couple songs though, like Waste and Stoned.

Tizzalicious
12-28-2006, 04:07 PM
Was the movie Boondock Saints? :o

Anyways I want that one Aquarium album. :(

And Llamas has the worst taste ever, defending nickelback and POD? I didn't read on. LOOOOOOOSER!

The only albums I'm embarrassed of owning are the Offspring. Because they are undefendably cheesy. I still listen to them every once in a while though.

- Per

DeAtHsTaR
12-28-2006, 04:07 PM
That album is horrible. The one before it was quite good, though. They were good before they hit the radio.

You do know that The State had two radio hits right? Leader of Men and Breathe. Still a good album.

JohnnyNemesis
12-28-2006, 04:15 PM
Anyways I want that one Aquarium album. :(

I want it too :(

Except I'm dead-serious.

Tizzalicious
12-28-2006, 04:19 PM
Aqua comes from my country. In fact, here's Khaaaan and I doing an interpretive dance to it:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v220/wheelchairman/tn_food207.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v220/wheelchairman/tn_food204.jpg

- Per

Stranger With Candy
12-28-2006, 04:22 PM
the singer is from Norway!

Llamas
12-28-2006, 04:24 PM
And Llamas has the worst taste ever, defending nickelback and POD? I didn't read on. LOOOOOOOSER!
Whatever! nickelback actually was decent before their fame... and POD had some awful, awful singles... but they also have some great songs.

You do know that The State had two radio hits right? Leader of Men and Breathe. Still a good album.
Yeah it did, I mean that they released the album before fame. Those songs got famous, but that album wasn't created in current fame. Anyway, Curb was far better than the State... I'd forgotten about the State, and was more referencing Curb, which was a solid album.

Oh, and Leader of Men is the only okay single they've EVER done.

Tizzalicious
12-28-2006, 04:39 PM
the singer is from Norway!

But she lipsyncs to a Dane!

- Per

Little_Miss_1565
12-28-2006, 04:47 PM
Fuck embarassment, man. I own Evanescence's first album. I listen to it all the time. And I love it! Not ashamed. OK, maybe a little.

What I love more than anything is when someone says that guilty pleasures are bunk and you should just openly love whatever it is you love.

"Well, I like Evanescence's first album."

"Maybe you should keep that one to yourself..."

wheelchairman
12-28-2006, 05:01 PM
I liked Evanescence's first album too. Didn't her pianist leave her for Avril Lavigne?

You know what I miss? Within Temptation.

Not Ozymandias
12-28-2006, 05:01 PM
I've already jettisoned the most shameful of my collection (Marilyn Manson, Limp Biscuit, Slipknot). I still have some Corn CDs, though. :(

wheelchairman
12-28-2006, 05:02 PM
I've already jettisoned the most shameful of my collection (Marilyn Manson, Limp Biscuit, Slipknot). I still have some Corn CDs, though. :(
Me too. (about KoRn). :(

Vera
12-28-2006, 05:46 PM
Embarrassing music is okay if you still dig it, for whatever reason. But it sucks when you've got cd's you paid for just lying around, gathering dust, mocking you for once having shitty taste in music.

Venom Symbiote
12-29-2006, 01:04 AM
Ok, a few things:

Both of which are good albums. In fact the alanis one is very, very well done.

No, no, Astro Lounge is a balls of a CD.

And the Alanis thing was moronic. Hell, I actually like Alanis, but I couldn't listen to that album a third time. Hated it the first time, gave it a week and came back to it for a second chance, hated it even more. She completely fist-fucked some classic songs...her own classic songs, at that.

And what are you referring to with Nickelback? The State was on the radio, it was mainstream to the max in Canada, and even broke the U.S. market pretty big towards the end of its run. Silver Side Up was a monster album, but wasn't their breakthrough. And yes, The State is a better record. But Silver Side Up is "the" Nickelback album, it's their defining effort. The two newest ones are pretty much just cock.

And L_M_1565, by Evanescence's "first", are you referring to Origin? Because if you have a copy of Origin you'll be automatically a lot cooler. That shit is rare beyond belief these days. Awesome record. Fallen and The Open Door are...listenable, I like them, but having been an Evanescence junkie since before they became big with Daredevil they just don't...seem like Evanescence to me. The Open Door is just every other nu-metal alt-rock band out there with a chick singing. Fallen is pretty cool, Ben Moody's influence is strongest on that one. Origin is more atmospheric, probably more Amy on that disc. Still their best.

H1T_That
12-29-2006, 06:42 AM
I still have Atmoic Kitten's CD, and Pink!'s first album.

Little_Miss_1565
12-29-2006, 11:20 AM
No, not Origin, didn't know it existed. Wow, so you've loved Evanescence since they were a Christian band? A Christian band?!

Harnum
12-29-2006, 12:10 PM
-The Black Eyed Peas - Elephunk (Bought for me by my Brother a few years back)
-Avril Lavigne DVD of her tour. (A gay CD included. Yes, also bought for me by a sibling who has no taste and doesn't no my musical taste either.)

OH THE SHAME! =[

I don't know
12-29-2006, 12:27 PM
it's very embarassing to say, but I'll say, hehe, I have 3 linkin park's cds (hybrid theory, meteora and live in texas)though all these linkin park's cds someone gave to me, I didn't buy. and I really wanna get rid of them, I just don't like linkin park anymore, I'd say I hate them nowadays,hehe.

Llamas
12-29-2006, 02:49 PM
No, no, Astro Lounge is a balls of a CD.
And I think it's a cd full of eclectic styles, interesting lyrics, and fun atmospheres.

And the Alanis thing was moronic. Hell, I actually like Alanis, but I couldn't listen to that album a third time. Hated it the first time, gave it a week and came back to it for a second chance, hated it even more. She completely fist-fucked some classic songs...her own classic songs, at that.
And I prefer to listen to the acoustic album over the original. I think she did her songs great justice by coming back to them with a new attitude and much more developed vocal chords.

And what are you referring to with Nickelback? The State was on the radio, it was mainstream to the max in Canada, and even broke the U.S. market pretty big towards the end of its run. Silver Side Up was a monster album, but wasn't their breakthrough. And yes, The State is a better record. But Silver Side Up is "the" Nickelback album, it's their defining effort. The two newest ones are pretty much just cock.
Good job telling me that State was on the radio, after I already said atleast once or twice that I KNOW that. Leader of Men was a huge song. The album was not released IN FAME, though. There was a clear change between The State, an album created that happened to get famous, and Silver Side Up, an album created within fame and molded to stay within the fame. It's like the differences in any band whose sound changes after they get famous.

Tizzalicious
12-29-2006, 04:08 PM
Fuck embarassment, man. I own Evanescence's first album. I listen to it all the time. And I love it! Not ashamed. OK, maybe a little.

I own that too.

The worst must be A*Teens though. Or the Vengaboys, but I won that one.

Lizardus
12-29-2006, 08:07 PM
I own a Kid Rock cd and a pappa roach cd.

Llamas
12-29-2006, 08:34 PM
I have 2 papa roach cds... lovehatetragedy, and getting away with murder. lovehatetragedy is damn good... the other is kinda mediocre.

0r4ng3
12-29-2006, 08:39 PM
I happen to have 3 of their CDs. Luckily I was able to stop being a fan before The Paramour Sessions came out. I still think that lovehatetragedy is still pretty good, though.

Llamas
12-29-2006, 08:46 PM
I dled paramour. It was even more average than getting away...

Acoustic1804
12-29-2006, 08:55 PM
Hybrid Theory - Linkin Park

Pearl Jam - Rearviewmirror

Venom Symbiote
12-30-2006, 12:19 AM
Ok, I'm just going to ignore Llama's last post, because it's pretty much retarded "everyone's entitled to an opinion" equality bullshit that's not taking into account that both of those albums suck manboobs.

L_M_1565, oh no. :p Oh man. Just a heads-up, never start anything to do with that if you're ever taking a look on the Evanescence boards. Heh. A shitstorm of wrath like you've never seen before. But in all seriousness, they were never really a "Christian" band. Both Ben and Amy are Christian from what I understand, but they never intended the band to adhere to that scene, or carry that stigma. Kind of like 12 Stones, another Wind-Up band. The members are all Christian, and some of the songs are fairly "spiritual" I guess, and hell, they're on Creed's record label (both bands). But the songs are written in a vague enough manner (like Dexter's philosophy I guess) that you can take what you want from them. They're not preaching Jesus to the masses or anything.

Origin may be a little more...vague and less literal than Fallen (and I guess The Open Door, which I don't own), but they were never a "Christian band" as such. Both members have said that themselves.

And while we're on the topic of Linkin Park, Meteora is a fucking kickass record. Hybrid Theory less so (the first time I saw/heard "One Step Closer" on some video show my first reaction was 'shit, looks like Fred Durst has had a significant effect after all, that assclown'), but Meteora is goddamn quality. And it's not even the type of stuff I usually listen to. But as far as mallcore nu-metal goes, it's actually inventive and worthy.

Thomas
12-30-2006, 02:20 AM
I can proudly say that I have Linkin Park's Hybrid Theory, Meteora, Reanimation, and Live in Texas. The only kinda bad one is Live in Texas. I don't care if they weren't that great of a band, Linkin Park helped introduce me to music and the nostalgia and sheer entertainment value outweighs whatever anyone else says.

Oh, and Smash Mouth's Astro Lounge is a fucking awesome cd. I was depressed when I learned that they got a new drummer to replace Michael Urbano. :(

Venom Symbiote
12-30-2006, 04:28 AM
Wrong.

Smashmouth were a great band. Before that piece of shit was released. Everything since has been pretty Jewish.

XYlophonetreeZ
12-30-2006, 04:49 AM
I liked Astro Lounge too. Fucking awesome CD.

F@ BANKZ
12-30-2006, 08:51 AM
That big wod of Now's my mum gave me

Llamas
12-30-2006, 09:09 AM
Ok, I'm just going to ignore Llama's last post, because it's pretty much retarded "everyone's entitled to an opinion" equality bullshit that's not taking into account that both of those albums suck manboobs.

No, it was "you're wrong because they are great cds".

opivy21
12-30-2006, 10:36 AM
I have way too many of these to list. But everyone has to start somewhere and everyone goes through phases, so I'm sure that I'm not the only one who can't believe what I use to listen to.

IAmARevenant
12-30-2006, 05:48 PM
the casualties-on the front line
I'm selling it soon.

Jakebert
12-30-2006, 06:04 PM
You forgot about those Distillers CD's that you have.

IAmARevenant
12-30-2006, 06:06 PM
haha veeeery funny.

dude, shut up. Just because you don't like something doesn't mean I shouldn't.

Llamas
12-30-2006, 06:44 PM
Usually that would be true. But we're talking about the Distillers.

Autonomist
12-30-2006, 06:50 PM

Good call.

I own and still occasionally enjoy listening to Significant Other and Chocolate Starfish by Limp Bizkit, though I wouldn't say I'm ashamed. Other than that I don't think there's anything.

IAmARevenant
12-30-2006, 08:06 PM
I swear to fucking god, what the fuck is everybody's problem with me liking The Distillers? Are you guys so immature that you cannot accept the fact that some people like bands that you don't? This forum is so full of idiots. LEt me quote what I originally stated about this forum on another thread:

hey, I post my opinion, whether it be positive or negative. Last time I checked, that's what forums are for. But for some reason, whenever I do so, I get people like you, crying because of it. I guess it's because there's a rule here that you can't post your opinion. You can only go with the popular vote here, am I right? Oh wait, I am right.

If I were The Offspring, I would be ashamed to have a message board filled with inconsiderate bitches like you who are simply intolerant of the fact that some people like bands you don't.
Everything I said there, that is absolutely true. People always make fun of me on this forum for liking The Distillers. wtf is your problem with someone that has a seperate opinion?

I've seen more bastards like you guys on this forum than ANY other forum I've been to, and ALL of you desperately NEED to grow up and stop making fun of people who like something you don't, cause it really shows how pathetic you, and this entire board is.

What a shame that such a good band like The Offspring have a forum that is so filled with intolerant assholes like yourselves.

Llamas
12-30-2006, 08:22 PM
yeah, you really need to learn how to take sarcasm. Good god. Everyone gives eachother crap here for what they like. Stop crying.

IAmARevenant
12-30-2006, 08:25 PM
Everyone gives eachother crap here for what they like.
Then this IS a pretty shitty forum.

Let me get something straight while I'm at it:
I am not ashamed to like The Distillers neither am I ashamed to own any of their album or anything else that has to do with them. In my opinion(I guess none of you understand what that means, eh?) they are an awesome band and I do not take any shame in liking them.

Llamas
12-30-2006, 08:33 PM
God, you just don't GET it. I love Hanson. I have their two most recent albums, and I love all the songs on them. People give me shit for them all the time... on here, and in real life. I could get pissed and complain about how unaccepting people are... but I know it doesn't MATTER and that people are just goofing around. I don't feel ashamed for liking them. And I don't care that people make fun of them. Like I said, get OVER it. Why do you still post here when you hate it so much?

Jakebert
12-30-2006, 08:44 PM
The main reason we bring it up is because you freak out on us for it and get incredibly defensive about it, even though we've barely said anything more than "you like the Distillers, ha ha." It's funny.

IAmARevenant
12-30-2006, 09:56 PM
God, you just don't GET it. I love Hanson. I have their two most recent albums, and I love all the songs on them. People give me shit for them all the time... on here, and in real life. I could get pissed and complain about how unaccepting people are... but I know it doesn't MATTER and that people are just goofing around. I don't feel ashamed for liking them. And I don't care that people make fun of them. Like I said, get OVER it. Why do you still post here when you hate it so much?
I actually don't know who hanson is(haha), but I'm just goona guess that they're some pop group or something.
So I get what your saying, and the fact that I get angry like that, it's just an issue with me. I've been dealing with anger management shit my whole life. I'll just try to get over it. Besides, in real life I've haven't been nearly as sad or angry now as I was last year(when I was going through my emo phase).

Sinister
12-30-2006, 10:10 PM
I shamefully owned hybrid theory, until I let my younger bro carry that burden. ha.

Jakebert
12-31-2006, 09:42 AM
You're a horrible brother.