PDA

View Full Version : Favorite/Least Favorite pundits

Jakebert
12-28-2006, 05:10 PM
I don't know if this would go here or in general chat, but I figured it might be interesting. Pretty self-explanitory.

Favorite: Al Franken. Aside from being a funny guy, he's actually pretty smart. Even when I disagree with him, I don't get that same "Jesus Christ, this guy is a moron" vibe that I get with most other pundits because he actually backs up what he says with valid information.

Least favorite: Michael Savage. He's not as popular as some, but in terms of racism and stupidity, he's #1. You know those criticisms that Bill 'O Reilly and Rush Limbaugh try to deny? Well, Savage embrases and is proud of living up to those standards, and he openly hates all gays, brown people, and thinks that liberals are the same as retards. Really, it's just fascinating to know that people like this are still alive.

JohnnyNemesis
12-28-2006, 05:19 PM
I have a habit of fueling my rage by randomly reading books from people I HATE when visit libraries. Reminds me of the kind of bullshit that still exists and that people actually believe in the ol' US.

Michael Savage would top my list if it weren't for Ann fuckin' Coulter. Not only is she unbelievably unintelligent (a really low-level thinker), she REVELS in it. She knows exactly how to push my buttons and it works. But it doesn't work in an admirable way; it's cheap shit. Like saying that women shouldn't be allowed to vote. UGH WHAT KIND OF SHIT IS THAT?

Rush Limbaugh is also annoying. I wish a lot of them were dead.

Jakebert
12-28-2006, 05:27 PM
I like Ann Coulter. Not because she's smart or witty, but because she's full of entertainment value. Nothing's funnier than a woman who shares the conservative mentality that all women are stupid and shouldn't vote, and then preaches about politics.

Sin Studly
12-28-2006, 06:04 PM
I love Ann Coultier, mainly because I imagine people like you stomping their feet all infuriated when listening to her. Ha, "we should invade Canada", she's great.

And my real favourite is Stan Zemanek. He pwns people so abusively when it comes to call-ins.

Sexy Panda
01-03-2007, 05:52 PM
Stan Zemanek is great. I've been listening to him for over 10 years now. Too bad he's retired.

I was in a bookstore the other day and came across an Ann Coulter book. Not living in USA I haven't had much exposure to her (besides this strange piece of fiction some guy wrote about Ann Coulter wanting to be fucked in the arse by liberals.............I came) so I started reading.

It didn't make any sense. Not the 'it didn't make any sense' where you just disagree with the person, a literal lack of logic permeated from her prose.

I read an article on her one time where she sort of half admitted that she was a conceptual art money making type of thing so fair enough but I just cannot comprehend why:

1, liberals treat her like the devil when she doesn't deserve such scorn
2, What kind of morons do you have in that country where she is considered an intellectual heavyweight?

We (Liberal Students) almost put a quote of hers on our T- Shirts for a student political conference in December. Something about blowing up the middle east killing all the men and converting the women and children to christianity. Unfortunately the caucus convenor was a pussy.

* Note Liberalism in Australia isn't the same as the disgraceful definition of the word in USA. Liberalism in Australia is where classical liberals and conservatives fight over the term and the Liberal Party. The Conservatives are winning.

opivy21
01-03-2007, 07:31 PM
Rush Limbaugh said that Michael J. Fox was faking how serious his Parkinson's was in interviews. I don't take too kindly to people talking about Marty McFly like that. Not on my watch.

Sexy Panda
01-03-2007, 09:08 PM
Yeah I saw that. What a stooge.

Venom Symbiote
01-04-2007, 10:31 PM
Yeah, no messing with Michael J. Fox, that's the sort of shit that will attain my hatred for a lifetime. McFly is the shizzit.