PDA

View Full Version : Future Album

Offspring_01
10-23-2004, 07:04 PM
Have any of you heard anything about a new album in the future? its probably a little to earlier to tell but i think they got another album or two or three in them :D

mrconeman
10-23-2004, 07:06 PM
They are releasing a greatest hits (dunno when) and are in planning/writing stages of a whole new album for next year

Offspring_01
10-23-2004, 07:09 PM
SWEET :cool: have you heard anything about the names of either? (CHINESE DEMOCRACY) :rolleyes:

mrconeman
10-23-2004, 07:11 PM
heh, naw not yet but I imagine the greatest hits will be called greatest hits or best of, and I hear they are re-recording dirty magic and covering a song by the police AND putting a brand new song or 2 on it also

nitropenguin!
10-23-2004, 07:38 PM
Yes =) the brand new song will be called Albeit Reluctantly. Or so I've read in a Rolling Stones article.

BobdaAlkoholic
10-24-2004, 04:41 AM
Yes =) the brand new song will be called Albeit Reluctantly. Or so I've read in a Rolling Stones article.
What the fuck are you talking about? Rolling Stones never said that.

offsprung
10-24-2004, 06:22 AM
They need to come out with another album. One that has some of their old school first album sound. "Jennifer Lost the War", "A Thousand Days", and "I'll Be Waiting" are defintaely great songs. They also need some "Come Out and Play," some "I Choose," and some "She's Got Issues." There's plently more but I don't feel like typing them out.

Chainsaw
10-24-2004, 06:30 AM
They need to come out with another album. One that has some of their old school first album sound. "Jennifer Lost the War", "A Thousand Days", and "I'll Be Waiting" are defintaely great songs. They also need some "Come Out and Play," some "I Choose," and some "She's Got Issues." There's plently more but I don't feel like typing them out.

I think won't happen... i mean the old school first album thing at least...

Da Hui
10-24-2004, 06:31 AM
What the fuck are you talking about? Rolling Stones never said that.

lol Albeit Reluctantly isnt the name of the song, they were saying that he didnt really wanna record a new so soon, so he did it reluctantly. damn fool!

london_calling
10-24-2004, 06:36 AM
:D lets see some OLD SCHOOL GUYS! :D

nitropenguin!
10-24-2004, 08:49 AM
http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/_/id/6512919/thepolice?pageid=rs.NewsArchive&pageregion=mainRegion&rnd=1095979441490&has-player=false
K well read the first paragraph and see what you think.
It could be false cuz it could mean a totally different thing. But I read the same on another site.

Kitten
10-24-2004, 08:53 AM
They also need some "Come Out and Play," some "I Choose," and some "She's Got Issues." There's plently more but I don't feel like typing them out.

You know, you are in luck, the next album being a greastest hits will have them. Hope you are happy...

nitropenguin!
10-24-2004, 08:57 AM
You know you guys are right about the new song. This other site probably read the same rolling stones article and thought it was the title. Wish I knew the real title though =)

Jake
10-24-2004, 08:57 AM
Offspring at Their Greatest (Article)

THE OFFSPRING AT THEIR GREATEST!

THE OFFSPRING are to release their greatest hits album in early 2005 - and it will feature new material.
The US punks, who played the Main Stage at this year’s Carling Weekend: Reading And Leeds Festivals, say that the album will also include a cover of a Police track. Frontman Dexter Holland won't divulge which one, though admits whether he can reach Sting’s high notes has played a part in choosing which one.
"I've been messing around with it in the car, like, 'Can I hit that?'" he says. "We're not doing 'Roxanne’. That's really up there."
The album will feature band classics such as ’Self Esteem’ and UK Number One hit ‘Pretty Fly (For A White Guy)’ as well as the new tracks recorded this summer with Morrissey producer Jerry Finn.
"I've gone back and forth about it," said Holland, "and just decided that, unfortunately, the way the world works now, if you really want to get people to hear about a greatest hits record, you need that new song.
"People think of greatest hits like, 'Oh, does that mean you're going into acting?'" Holland continued. "But I really want to put out another record next year. All the new songs feel pretty good," he explained to Rolling Stone.
Holland also revealed the band’s plans to join next year's Warped Tour.
"We've never done it, and I think it would be fun," Holland says, reminiscing about Warped shows they've attended. "We've run across everybody over the years, and I would be like, 'Oh! There's NOFX! There's Rancid. It's like a big bro-fest."

thats what i have heard!

offspringrammsteinfan
10-24-2004, 08:58 AM
best of the offspring?? how short would that album be? :D

Beheaded
10-24-2004, 11:21 AM
How short...blablabla...
:mad:
"best of" considers of 7 cds, I think. :D

Jake
10-24-2004, 11:27 AM
i think they were trying to make a diss
pretty bad one but ok

Level
10-24-2004, 11:46 AM
They should put some b-side songs on the greatest hits also. That songs are hard to find for newbies.

Jake
10-24-2004, 11:55 AM
i have most of em so if anyone needs them just ask

Level
10-24-2004, 11:56 AM
You should put a list up, so i could see if i have all the stuff.

Weareone
10-25-2004, 05:58 PM
I hope their new album comes out soon just cause I have no patience.

noodlesdec25
10-25-2004, 09:14 PM
Sme here dude but qith Offspring u always need patience....specially with new records :rolleyes:

FooSnake
10-25-2004, 09:17 PM
This a good new! I'm not hope for a album as soon :D ..

offspringbaby2004
10-25-2004, 09:27 PM
Have any of you heard anything about a new album in the future? its probably a little to earlier to tell but i think they got another album or two or three in them :D

Oh for sure. I don't don't think they are done yet, I think, no I am sure that they are capable of some more good records :)

~mandy~

selfrighteoussuicide
10-27-2004, 07:08 AM
if its going to sound like splinter or americana, i might start to lose interest, but not until then

hopefully it wont have too much bad shit like WDYGAJ, dont pick it up or the worst hangover ever

Kitten
10-27-2004, 09:14 AM
if its going to sound like splinter or americana, i might start to lose interest, but not until then

hopefully it wont have too much bad shit like WDYGAJ, dont pick it up or the worst hangover ever

Bands progress. Its one of the major rules with music, if you keep playing the same stuff over and over, people are going to get bored with your music, and are not going to buy any album, listen to the songs on the radio, or go to concerts.
However, Splinter was a good album, perhaps a little short, but given the circumstances behind that album, it is more than understandable. I for one am intensly curious as to how Atom will go with the rest of the guys in studio, so I know I will be looking foreward to a new album, and I have all the patience in the world while waiting.

Dantai
10-27-2004, 02:53 PM
They are releasing a greatest hits (dunno when) and are in planning/writing stages of a whole new album for next year

bloody bout time they gotta greatist hits

ive seen shitty bands that have been around for 10 or less years and they gotta greatest hits :confused: pathetic offie's been around for over 20 COME ON!!!!!!!!!

best band eer :cool:

offspringrammsteinfan
10-29-2004, 01:01 PM
:mad:
"best of" considers of 7 cds, I think. :D

Yeah, You're so right... They rull don't misunderstand my previous post wrong.
I was just kiddin''.