PDA

View Full Version : Offspring song played in a funeral

RonWelty
01-01-2007, 05:46 AM
look the story : http://www.surreyleader.com/portals-code/list.cgi?paper=73&cat=23&id=799766&more=

Grabbal
01-01-2007, 05:50 AM
The Offspring are such nice people..

DexterWannabe
01-01-2007, 06:15 AM
yeah... sad story

RageAndLov
01-01-2007, 06:22 AM
death is always tragic (unless its saddams death :P)

Grabbal
01-01-2007, 10:55 AM
Wait a sec, the title "Offspring song played in a funeral" says that The Offspring weren't there doesnt it?!?!

Jojan
01-01-2007, 10:58 AM
Wait a sec, the title "Offspring song played in a funeral" says that The Offspring weren't there doesnt it?!?!

You're fucking dumb! You miss-read the title AND you didn't read the article?

death is always tragic (unless its saddams death :P)

No. Saddam's was too. USA are fucking arses with shit and anal toys in them.

BIG Nicky
01-01-2007, 11:10 AM
Very sad. One of my favs.

ZagmenO
01-01-2007, 01:43 PM
YEEEEEAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!! I want Offspring at my funeral!

(Go ahead & make your "I hope you die soon" comments, you pathetic jackasses!)

DeAtHsTaR
01-01-2007, 01:49 PM
No. Saddam's was too. USA are fucking arses with shit and anal toys in them.
America didn't execute Saddam you fuckwit.

F@ BANKZ
01-02-2007, 04:54 AM
I want the Offspring at my funeral, only i don't want it too loud.

Marco
01-02-2007, 05:12 AM
I want the Offspring at my funeral, only i don't want it too loud.
You're 14 years old. If your life is going to be alright, The Offspring will die before you do.

Wouli
01-02-2007, 08:07 AM
You're 14 years old. If your life is going to be alright, The Offspring will die before you do.

lol .... :D :D

F@ BANKZ
01-02-2007, 02:38 PM

OMG HOW CAN YOU SAY THAT!

K1llboy Powerhead
01-02-2007, 02:49 PM
But Dexter, Noodles, Greg and Atom will never ever die, right? ... Right? :confused:

F@ BANKZ
01-02-2007, 02:56 PM
I've always assumed that was correct.... unless someone with alot of posts can tell me otherwise

RageAndLov
01-02-2007, 06:02 PM

um.. offspring-SONGS will (hopefully) still excist :P
john lennon is dead, but still "imagine" is played at funerals..

bhg_rulz2
01-02-2007, 06:46 PM
The only member of Offspring was Dexter....he sang along the cd...thats what i understood haha...so cool...RIP u guys from the fire

Ryder1234
01-02-2007, 09:09 PM
hey i live near where that happned, i remember hearing about it on the news, i live in victoria, and vancouver is on the mainland.

(hey i just realized ive been a member for a year now. HOORAY!!!)

DeAtHsTaR
01-02-2007, 10:00 PM
The only member of Offspring was Dexter....he sang along the cd...thats what i understood haha...so cool...RIP u guys from the fire
No, I'm pretty sure they just had the cd playing.

NorthWind`
01-02-2007, 10:04 PM
How Cool Is That? :)

As a raucous song about defying adversity echoed inside the Delta Pentecostal Church, Jeremy Babyak’s mother sobbed and leaned her head against the shoulder of her only surviving son.

“Staring at the sun” by The Offspring was Babyak’s favourite tune, a kind of anthem for a determined, hard-working young man who overcame a tough childhood with determination and humour.

“There’s more to living than only surviving/Maybe I’m not there, but I’m still trying,” Dexter Holland sang as the CD played to more than 200 mourners inside the 112 Avenue church on Thursday.

Babyak, 19, house-mate Carmen Johnson, 20, and her sister Cassandra Johnson, 12, died after an early-morning fire raged through a one-storey rental house in the 7800 block of 115 Street on Dec. 12.

His younger brother Aaron Babyak, 18, managed to escape.

Aaron and mother Sherrie Moore hugged each other close as pastor Jeff Beck described Jeremy Babyak as an “everyday hero.”

Friend and co-worker Whitney Grant recalled a fearless and funny man who showed her how to be brave about handling exotic animals such as a cayman alligator and tarantula spider at the store Babyak managed.

Close friend Joe Brousseau and mother Mara Brousseau got to know Babyak when he ended up living in their home for about a year.

“I’ve seen him wear the same pair of socks for three days because he gave his last clean pair to Aaron,” Mara Brousseau said.

“All we can do is be more like him,” said close friend Nick Uttley.

Funeral services for Carmen and Cassandra Johnson were scheduled for Friday afternoon at Leader press time.

The ceremony at the Valley View Funeral Home on 72 Avenue was to be conducted by Reverend Ray MacDonald, chaplain at Vancouver General Hospital where Carmen Johnson died five days after the fire.

At least three people were scheduled to deliver tributes to Carmen, who overcame her own adversity to win admission to the University of Victoria a few days before the fire.

Her little sister Cassandra was having a sleep-over at her big sister’s home the night of the fire.

A poem chosen by the family for the service reads in part “bury your sorrows in doing good deeds/Miss me – but let me go.”

Donations to the “Johnson Family Trust” can be made at any Envision Credit Union branch to account number 293654.

Donations in care of “Aaron Babyak in trust” can be made at any branch of Coast Capital Savings.

Ninty Man
01-02-2007, 11:12 PM
MMM... I wanna hear in my funeral... I choose, Dirty Magic, I'll Be waiting, Beheaded (maybe I lost my head in a car accident, who knows?), Gone away, Lighting rod, the noose... ah fuck, just bring my fucking Ipod