PDA

View Full Version : more matt schild

Buller
01-02-2007, 05:45 AM
a noodles interview and splinter review....

http://www.aversion.com/bands/offspring/

Marco
01-02-2007, 06:05 AM
heh, Noodles doesn't seem to hate Green Day...I wonder what they think of The Offspring.

DeAtHsTaR
01-02-2007, 07:48 AM
Jesus Christ, it says Americana was "Popularly embarrasing" As in, it didn't sell. This guy has no idea what he's talking about.

DexterWannabe
01-02-2007, 12:14 PM
they're using the same pic all the time... lame

ZagmenO
01-02-2007, 12:34 PM
“We wanted to jump on it and get this record out. We didn’t have time to come up with any real gimmicks. We weren’t able to put this on our website or any of the stuff that we did last time.”

That explains why Splinter's so short, maybe.

DexterWannabe
01-02-2007, 12:42 PM
how do you define "short"?

Stranger With Candy
01-02-2007, 12:47 PM
how do you define "short"?

32 minuts is short

Thomas
01-02-2007, 01:15 PM
32 minuts is short

S/T was about 3 minutes shorter, and that's the version including Kill The President.

Anyhoo, I like the way he glorified Splinter. IMO, it was the best album since Ixnay on the Hombre. He didn't act like a complete ass like he did before because he knew that if it weren't for The Offspring, the punk revival wouldn't have been nearly as big. The story of kids buying Smash and Dookie and several months later calling them sellouts shows that he knows how ridiculous it is to call these bands that. Basically, he sounded much more respectable in these two articles.

Llamas
01-02-2007, 02:09 PM
S/T was about 3 minutes shorter, and that's the version including Kill The President.

Except that once you remove "Neocon" and "When You're in Prison", Splinter is shorter. S/T is constant songs the entire time, AND doesn't have any horrible filler like Worst Hangover.

F@ BANKZ
01-02-2007, 02:43 PM
heh, Noodles doesn't seem to hate Green Day...I wonder what they think of The Offspring.

They probably don't know who they are.

I believe The Offspring even coverd Green Day on a tour once, i'm pretty sure they played Basket Case.

SplinterByMyOwnDesign
01-02-2007, 05:30 PM
They probably don't know who they are.

I believe The Offspring even coverd Green Day on a tour once, i'm pretty sure they played Basket Case.

Green Day and Offspring are pretty much on the same level in the music industry... I'm sure they both know who eachother are.

Kitten
01-03-2007, 05:00 AM
Green Day and Offspring are pretty much on the same level in the music industry... I'm sure they both know who eachother are.

Not so much lately.

As for covers, there is also a Dirty Magic live clip, that has a little bit of The Offspring playing Minority.

Buller
01-03-2007, 05:08 AM
In my opinion "splinter" is a far better record than "american idiot" even if it is short...

SplinterByMyOwnDesign
01-03-2007, 10:05 PM
I agree, and i'm not just saying that because i think Green Day sucks. I just think Splinter has a better sound.

To me, (i don't know if this will make sense) American Idiot just sounded really hollow... And not much tone and stuff. (that's just my opinion anway...)

Jizzy Jeff Punk Man
01-04-2007, 05:01 AM
American Idiot was trying to be epic even though each song was still only three chords. I like the Offspring's style better than Green Day anyway.

Man, the new review made me happy at first, but then he was just brutal again at the end. The other albums weren't embarrassing, they were good.