PDA

View Full Version : Death penalty?

NorthWind`
01-02-2007, 09:56 PM
What is your opinion about capital punishment?

I thought I would post this. I hope that again, people are able to intelligently discuss the topic without it turning into a flame war.

I am against capital punishment for the following reasons:
1) I fully recognize that some people should be permanently removed from society. However, I think that life in prison without the possibility of parole also accomplishes this.

2) I do not think that the death penalty acts as a deterrent any more than life in prison. At the point that someone is willing to risk spending the rest of their life locked in a box, I don’t think they are really sorting through the possible consequences of their actions (and thus would not be deterred by the risk of death).

3) Given that we can remove people from society without killing them, I think the only thing that capital punishment really accomplishes is vengeance. I would argue that vengeance is not a healthy emotion for society to celebrate.

4) I think that a country willing to kill people to show that killing people is wrong, cheapens the value of life across the board and cheapens us as a people.

5) It is clear that capital punishment in America is biased against minorities.

6) It is also clear from recent DNA evidence that many juries got it wrong when convicting people. Think about this for a second. There are a number of people who were going to be killed (and have already been killed) by the government who DID NOT DO THE CRIME that they were convicted of. As there is no such thing as perfect decisions, we should avoid a “perfect” (uncorrectable) punishment.

7) Lest anyone be confused, I am not opposed to the death penalty due to some bleeding heart sympathy for the killers (though more power to those who can still recognize the humanity in everyone). I just don't think it is good for us as a soceity.

HornyPope
01-02-2007, 10:09 PM
Abortions > death

NorthWind`
01-02-2007, 10:11 PM
George Bush > Death a dispute to america.

Sin Studly
01-02-2007, 11:04 PM
I am for abortions bcause GW Buish sux!!!!!!!!111

leo3375
01-03-2007, 09:54 AM
I am opposed to the death penalty because it's barbaric, hypocritical, and cruel. I don't see the point in legalized murder, which is what the death penalty essentially is. It won't bring back those who were killed, it isn't a deterrent like its supporters claim, and it costs more to keep someone on Death Row and kill them than it is to let them rot in a jail cell for the rest of their lives.

In the US, pretty much the only means of state-sanctioned murder that is allowed is lethal injection, though even that is coming under scrutiny when recently it took more than half an hour to kill someone.

I say that if the US is going to move forward, we need to abolish the death penalty and take a look at the crimes for which people are being incarcerated and seriously retool the system.

F@ BANKZ
01-03-2007, 10:02 AM
I am opposed to the death penalty because it's barbaric, hypocritical, and cruel. I don't see the point in legalized murder, which is what the death penalty essentially is. It won't bring back those who were killed, it isn't a deterrent like its supporters claim, and it costs more to keep someone on Death Row and kill them than it is to let them rot in a jail cell for the rest of their lives.

In the US, pretty much the only means of state-sanctioned murder that is allowed is lethal injection, though even that is coming under scrutiny when recently it took more than half an hour to kill someone.

I say that if the US is going to move forward, we need to abolish the death penalty and take a look at the crimes for which people are being incarcerated and seriously retool the system.

I am against capital punishment for all the reasons aforementioned, I'll also add that in 2007 it's time we moved on from barbaric ways unto sth more fitting for our time.

I guess there's little more i can add but i agree:p

Sin Studly
01-03-2007, 10:35 AM
I don't see the point in legalized murder, which is what the death penalty essentially is.

Just pointing out that murder is actually an unlawful homicide, so unless executioners have the power to warp time, space and the fundamental laws of fucking existence, there will never be any such thing as "legalised murder".

Oh, and you're a fucking idiot.

adombomb222
01-03-2007, 11:49 AM
I'm for it.

Amiralanal
01-03-2007, 12:57 PM
The death penalty is great, because it prevents the murderer to commit any more crimes. + murderers are assholes and no one will miss them

adombomb222
01-03-2007, 01:06 PM
^ Yes... murderers should not be aloud to live.

F@ BANKZ
01-03-2007, 01:53 PM
^ Yes... murderers should not be aloud to live.

Perhaps but what if there was a mistake: you cannot go back on it. Should the risk be taken, if you feel so then you should probably justify the risk of excecuting innocent people merely to punish criminals more harshly. One could argue they are a risk when on a life sentence there is little threat you can be to civilians. If you ask me death penalties would never be used if they wern't and effective deterrent aswell as punishment.

adombomb222
01-03-2007, 02:06 PM
That’s why our governments must spend more money on investigations when convicting a person of a death charge. I'm not saying kill all who we think have killed, I'm saying kill the ones we know have killed with out the reasonable doubt in our heads.

opivy21
01-03-2007, 02:11 PM
I'm against.

F@ BANKZ
01-03-2007, 02:21 PM
That’s why our governments must spend more money on investigations when convicting a person of a death charge. I'm not saying kill all who we think have killed, I'm saying kill the ones we know have killed with out the reasonable doubt in our heads.

Fair, but it doesn't work all the time, look at Dex's innocence project that found innocent people on death row.

Sexy Panda
01-03-2007, 07:10 PM
In order to be convicted of a criminal offence the standard of proof is 'beyond a reasonable doubt'. However there are countless examples where people have been wrongly convicted. As such it is not so easy to say 'well we'll just kill the ones which we are sure of'. The criminal justice system is flawed, learn to live with that.

My rejection of the death penalty is not so much based on 'ooh what if we make a mistake' but more on the inherent wrongness of taking the life of another (except in self defence). The state inherits all its powers from us the people, as we the people apparently do not have the right to kill those who wrong us or those we love, I fail to see how the state somehow has that power.

Also I don't trust the state with that power.

However I'd probably kill someone who raped my fiancee so basically I'm a big fat hypocrite. Lucky I'm comfortable with that.

Blinkweasel
01-03-2007, 07:17 PM
Some criminals would prefer to die than go to prison.

F@ BANKZ
01-04-2007, 11:59 AM
yeah but you can leave them with that choice themselves you can't really use that as a reason to give the death penalty to all: willing or unwilling to die convicted criminals.

Sin Studly
01-04-2007, 05:21 PM
Oh, but I am sorry to say that leo is perfectly right. He means that what is passed off as a just execution is nothing else than base, ignominious murder.

Except murder is illegal. You're a stupid fucking idiot and you should learn English before you open your ugly, trollish, garishly lipsticked whore-mouth, you ugly fucking prostitute.

adombomb222
01-04-2007, 05:38 PM
Fair, but it doesn't work all the time, look at Dex's innocence project that found innocent people on death row.

Nothing ever works perfect all the time; it's the price of progress. The sooner we get off the nosiest that killing a murder is inhuman then the sooner we can start putting real murderers on a range and have them shot down with a ray of bullets for the entire world to see. Once that happens maybe, and then maybe people will think twice before killing someone. Our current system sucks ass and every one knows it. A killer isn't going to care if he gets a life sentence or gets put on death row for 6+ years and then executed with a little needle in the arm. No, if you want results, you take a fucking .45 and blow a hole in that fucker’s chest and let him bleed out, all the while the entire world watches. And maybe we need to do exclusive investigation into convicted murderers, and we should... but that can't always happen. You rather an innocent mans life over hundreds of guilty men’s lives? It not fair and it sounds harsh... but what can I say, it’s the only way I can think of to get results.

Sin Studly
01-04-2007, 06:37 PM
Uh, a short-drop gallows should be enough, kthnx. Go die someplace.

Speakeasy
01-05-2007, 03:24 AM
I'm tired of hearing people switching views on the penalty after they hear about some recent cases where the convict suffered. Killing someone without wanting to hurt them is completely retarded.

F@ BANKZ
01-05-2007, 08:44 AM
Nothing ever works perfect all the time; it's the price of progress. The sooner we get off the nosiest that killing a murder is inhuman then the sooner we can start putting real murderers on a range and have them shot down with a ray of bullets for the entire world to see. Once that happens maybe, and then maybe people will think twice before killing someone. Our current system sucks ass and every one knows it. A killer isn't going to care if he gets a life sentence or gets put on death row for 6+ years and then executed with a little needle in the arm. No, if you want results, you take a fucking .45 and blow a hole in that fucker’s chest and let him bleed out, all the while the entire world watches. And maybe we need to do exclusive investigation into convicted murderers, and we should... but that can't always happen. You rather an innocent mans life over hundreds of guilty men’s lives? It not fair and it sounds harsh... but what can I say, it’s the only way I can think of to get results.

I don't believe that people should be killed rather than imprisoned even partially based on the idea of a deterrent for others. However, in theory what you are saying should be the best way to go about things if your only aim is to minimise murder/excecution: but in reality i doubt you would be argueing that case should you or an innocent member of your family be awaiting excecution.

Sin Studly
01-05-2007, 08:47 AM
I remember in Idées Noires (= black ideas), the dark comic strip by Franquin, there was sth about the death penalty... The cartoon was that of an executioner, endlessly demultiplied as though he was mirrored up unto the horizon, & as he was executing the condemned prisoner he was saying "he that will take the life of another shall be put to death". & as he said so, his mirrored image was beheading him on the scaffold, & so to infinity... It was... sobering.

That's fucking stupid. Nobody gets executed for taking lives. They get executed for murdering.

Sin Studly
01-05-2007, 07:22 PM
What you fail to understand, & what you will probably never grasp, is that a murder is only a murder because the law says so.

You're a fucking idiot. I'm the one who pointed out murder is unlawful killing.

Take but the law from the crime, & the notion of crime no longer exists. & if the law were applied "divinely" fairly, all executioners should be put to death. They could not find shelter in the paltry excuse of "applying the law". But this is murky territory.

Blah blah blah. And if the law were applied "divinely" fairly, you should be imprisoned for theft when your sainted grandmother gives you some Christmas money. And taxes are extortion, defending yourself is Assault o/ ABH, all sex would be rape, having a kitchen full of knives puts you in possession of deadly weapons, and all chemists should be jailed as drug dealers.

This is why we have a code of laws in the first fucking place. The actual act of killing another human is not a 'crime', it's acceptable in self defence, in wartime, in the line of police duty, and in the administration of capital punishment. Just like how taking some merchandise from a shop is okay if you've purchased and paid for it. Just like how sticking your dick in a woman is okay if she wants you to and consents to it.

If the law were applied "divinely" fairly, we'd all be faggot anarchist NOAMR clones, except you, who'd still be a stupid French whore.

Acoustic1804
01-06-2007, 03:22 AM
I am opposed to the death penalty because it's barbaric, hypocritical, and cruel.

Don't you think it's more cruel to lock someone away in a box for the rest of their miserable life than to just kill them quick and be over it?

It's cheaper too.

Tizzalicious
01-06-2007, 03:51 AM
Don't you think it's more cruel to lock someone away in a box for the rest of their miserable life than to just kill them quick and be over it?

It's cheaper too.

Especially in a box where you are likely to get beaten and raped. This of course only applies to countries with retarded prison protocols. Like the US, the 3rd world, Holland, Australia and some others.

- WCM

Sin Studly
01-06-2007, 03:56 AM
All countries have retarded prison protocols. If it's not a cesspit rape-factory it's a faggotted scandinavian daycamp.

Tizzalicious
01-06-2007, 04:05 AM
All countries have retarded prison protocols. If it's not a cesspit rape-factory it's a faggotted scandinavian daycamp.

Well really. Life in a faggotted scandinavian daycamp sounds so much better than a cesspit rape-factory.

But we have retardedly low prison sentences that do endanger people since we don't seem to have an actual rehabilitation process, and prisons are not a punishment so much as a means of keeping criminals away from the general populace.

- Per

Sin Studly
01-06-2007, 04:34 AM
Life in a faggotted scandinavian daycamp sounds so much better than a cesspit rape-factory.

Which is the whole point of a penitentiary system, right? Shit, I say we should bring back the rope and the lash. It might not have worked perfectly, but it was a fuckload more effective than the shit we have now.

Duskygrin
01-06-2007, 07:00 PM
To refocus on death penalty itself, I'll quote wikipedia:
Capital punishment is a contentious issue. Supporters of capital punishment argue that it deters crime, prevents recidivism, and is an appropriate punishment for the crime of murder. Opponents of capital punishment argue that it does not deter criminals more than life imprisonment, violates human rights, leads to executions of some who are wrongfully convicted, and discriminates against minorities and the poor. It is also argued that capital punishment is a hypocritical punishment, especially in murder cases, as it implies killing a certain individual is wrong before exacting the same action upon them.

Describing murder as unlawful killing is painfully inadequate, for so is genocide, & genocide & murder are not at all the same things -need I point this out?
Murder is specifically premeditated unlawful killing of a particular individual. It is inherently different from manslaughter. The penalties are different. Also, degrees must be assigned: first-degree murder, with maximum punishment, & so on in decreasing order. Manslaughter is typically viewed with indulgence, though it is still unlawful.

We may therefore draw the following conclusion: when the law premeditates to kill someone, it is making legal provision for killing. Hence the phrase "legalized murder". My purpose is not to discuss the veracity of the phrase, but its general purport. As Jacques Chirac himself said, Death can never constitute an act of justice.

To mete out justice is a difficult, thankless task. Taking a life coolly, deliberately, cold-bloodedly, that is murder, & that is precisely what capital punishment is, & that is precisely why it has been abolished in most democratic countries. Because the governments have made this kind of reasoning, in their own words.

Repeating over & over "murder is unlawful killing is unlawful killing is unlawful killing" will not get you anywhere. You'll not see far. You'll not understand either WHY it is unlawful or WHY capital punishment has been viewed as akin to it & scrapped.

Where does law take its foundation? On morals. On ethics. Killing is right, & has always been so. We need to kill to survive. But we do not need to murder, unless we are psychopaths. We presume to kill because we so choose. It is an act that is driven by pure volition on our part. Capital punishment is akin to that, it executes a wrongdoer (sometimes an innocent man, more's the pity) because he allegedly "deserves to die". How woefully morally wrong. Nobody deserves to live, just as nobody deserves to die. That is why murder is a crime, & that is why capital pain should be universally abolished.

Sin Studly
01-06-2007, 07:25 PM
Everything you just said is retarded and has no bearing on the fact that capital punishment can never be murder in a nation where it is sanctioned.

Speakeasy
01-11-2007, 10:41 PM
I'll give you arguments 1, 2, & 3, but how would you like it if someone killed your parents, lover, or children and then got to go to a prison where they recieve free meals & facilities, and play basketball and craft birdhouses with their buddies all day long without a shard of regret?

Sin Studly
01-12-2007, 04:11 AM
Where you from, Sweden or something? Civilised non-IKEA nations have AIDS, anal rape and murder most foul to keep convicts in line.

Speakeasy
01-14-2007, 08:29 PM
^^ those countries typically aren't arguing about the death penalty either.

Sin Studly
01-14-2007, 10:21 PM
Yes they are, IKEA-boy.

rodney mullen
01-15-2007, 06:56 AM
if your just gonna be in prison for life, whats the difference really if your were alive or not

Bazza
01-15-2007, 07:50 AM
if your just gonna be in prison for life, whats the difference really if your were alive or not
Doees someone really need to explain this to you?

In the majority of prisons (in the UK), people serving life sentences (as in life means life, not those shitty 15year life sentences) tend to get many comforts. Many of them are allowed a tv, access to the internet, books, art materials and much more. In fact many of the worst offenders (the ones that should be hung) get many modern luxuries. It's a fundamental flaw in the system.

Iamstupid
01-15-2007, 10:01 AM
I'm against the death penalty because it is a behavior of animal. Since the prehistory, what has learnt the humain race ? She (or it I dunno) has learnt to kill without pain for the culprit, without remorses for the torturers and for the rest oh the humanity. What evolution !!! We can be proud ! 2000 years of existence (and more with prehistory and all) for done that ! Kill without pain !
And even often kill someone because he has killed someone ! It's a lack of clever...

If you want to tell me that death penalty is great 'cause it prevents the murderers to commit any more crimes, I answer you that nowadays it doesn't prevent. For take a recent event look at Saddam Hussein (I know Saddam Hussein was a really really bad man but it's for the example and I think it could be better to put him in a prison for all his fucking life), his execution has been diffused at TV, on the web and all the world have seen that while they were eating or while they were doing activities of the every day and the most of them haven't been shocked. Damn ! They've seen the death of man and they don't care ! Even basic instincts, primitive instincts, has pushed some crazy people to see again and again the movie on the web ! And you want to tell me that it prevents ? Now, it's a show like the circus at TV or series televized.

Hope you've understood my post and that I've not made a lot of grammatical faults :D

wheelchairman
01-15-2007, 11:42 AM
In the majority of prisons (in the UK), people serving life sentences (as in life means life, not those shitty 15year life sentences) tend to get many comforts. Many of them are allowed a tv, access to the internet, books, art materials and much more. In fact many of the worst offenders (the ones that should be hung) get many modern luxuries. It's a fundamental flaw in the system.

You're an idiot. The purpose of these institutions is not punishment, it's to keep the general public safe and to maintain the status quo.

The death penalty is a waste and barbaric in such instances. However should you come from a place where rape and beatings are commonplace in prison. Then give me the death sentance anyday.

Human
01-15-2007, 12:48 PM
I am against the death sentence in almost all circumstances. Honestly, I think it should depend on how many people this person has killed, in what way they did it, and the reason for it. Some people get locked up for life and or killed because of killing in self defense, it is true and you can't deny it. Our law system isn't perfect. On the other hand, those such as Bin Laden and terrorists and such, should be killed because they have killed masses of people or attempted to, just because of their racist beliefs.

Sexy Panda
01-15-2007, 02:38 PM
I am against the death sentence in almost all circumstances. Honestly, I think it should depend on how many people this person has killed, in what way they did it, and the reason for it. Some people get locked up for life and or killed because of killing in self defense, it is true and you can't deny it. Our law system isn't perfect. On the other hand, those such as Bin Laden and terrorists and such, should be killed because they have killed masses of people or attempted to, just because of their racist beliefs.

Bin Laden loves white muslims.

Italia311
01-16-2007, 03:02 PM
I am all for public humiliation and killings. Some people just deserve it...thats all

Iamstupid
01-17-2007, 05:04 AM
ça c'est marrant, tu penses comme moi; tiens tiens.
C'est parce qu'on a raison ^^ C'est normal qu'on pense pareil. Mais pour être franche je m'inspire de Victor Hugo :)

I am all for public humiliation and killings. Some people just deserve it...thats all

"Sompe people just deserve it."

For you what kind of people "deserve it" ?

Hey, if you like public humiliations and killings, become policeman, I'm sure you will enjoy :D The power of gun always wins, you just have to be behind of the gun and not in his sight and it's okay, have fun !

Acoustic1804
01-17-2007, 01:05 PM
Bin Laden and terrorists and such, should be killed because they have killed masses of people or attempted to, just because of their racist beliefs.

They aren't really beliefs, they just wanna blow people up

wheelchairman
01-17-2007, 01:10 PM
They aren't really beliefs, they just wanna blow people up

Right. That's such a logical explanation...

Italia311
01-17-2007, 01:47 PM
"Sompe people just deserve it."

For you what kind of people "deserve it" ?

Hey, if you like public humiliations and killings, become policeman, I'm sure you will enjoy :D The power of gun always wins, you just have to be behind of the gun and not in his sight and it's okay, have fun !

What kind of people? I dunno, rapists, pedophiles...those sorts...They are scum anyways. They don't have the decensy to reason so why should justice? Rifle range what??@!$!?

F@ BANKZ
01-17-2007, 02:04 PM
But if rapist's victaims are still alive you can hardly call that justice. And as much as i hate pedos the same basically applies to them.

wheelchairman
01-17-2007, 02:12 PM
Justice and what's fair, are not the same thing.

What's fair is your own simple and stupid opinion. Justice is supposed to coincide with the public good and their view as what is right (in a democracy, obviously.)

Italia311
01-17-2007, 02:29 PM
Well in my opinion, execution in some cases is what I feel is fair* edit

Bazza
01-17-2007, 05:17 PM
Ok, my view on this. Firstly I want to make it clear that if anyone uses the bible argument "turn the other cheek", then they're hypocritical because there's also the "eye for an eye" argument. So, I've got it off my chest that I can't stand Christian's stance on this.

On a personal level I wouldn't want the death penalty to be reintroduced in the UK. Whilst many would argue it is an extra deterrent, solves prison overcrowding (right so we're going to have to slay thousands of inmates to solve that), gives retribution to families and many others, I would suggest it wouldn't help any of these.

I've explained the overcrowding situation. Yes it may cost more money to the taxpayer to keep murderers locked up for long periods of time, but if the death penalty was introduced then there would be countless costs involved in the legal processes and appeals. Not forgetting the fact that the majority of death row inmates have served what would be a life sentence in the UK before being executed. So there is no logic in the cost-effectiveness and overcrowding argument.

On the level of "getting revenge", many families have rather strangely shown forgiveness to murderers of their loved ones, almost pitying them. Contrary to believe, many families aren't bloodthirsty revenge junkies. They just want to ensure that the criminals get the punishment that the current legal system offers. Admittedly there are many cases where families have said they will get "revenge". Most notably being the Soham Murders, where Ian Huntley murdered two young girls. His partner at the time, Maxine Carr, perverted the course of justice by lying to protect Huntley. She subsequently served her time in prison for perjury. Now the father of one the girls has vowed to "hunt" her down (she now has a new identity). In extreme cases of sick/serial/mass killers many would say that the death penalty would be suffice. And in these cases I would quite possibly agree, it would succeed in removing these evil people forever, and remove them from the news/limelight.

So I may sound quite contradictory on this point, and in fact I am. I wouldn't want it reintroduced, but at the same time I'm not against it. I wouldn't mind it being there for extreme cases, not just the "average" murder. But at the same time fail-safe methods need to be introduced to ensure it wouldn't get the wrong person, although in the vast majority of high profile cases the correct person is caught.

So at the end of the time, what I’ve said seems a bit inconclusive and therefore there should be no change to the current laws in the UK (in my opinion).

Acoustic1804
01-18-2007, 02:51 AM
Right. That's such a logical explanation...

So religious beliefs are?

It's fake.

wheelchairman
01-18-2007, 03:44 AM
Well in my opinion, execution in some cases is what I feel is fair* edit

No shit moron. That's why I put Public Good first. and then Public opinion. Not Italia's opinion and then Public Good. And then Public Opinion.

Sin Studly
01-18-2007, 04:53 AM
I've explained the overcrowding situation. Yes it may cost more money to the taxpayer to keep murderers locked up for long periods of time, but if the death penalty was introduced then there would be countless costs involved in the legal processes and appeals. Not forgetting the fact that the majority of death row inmates have served what would be a life sentence in the UK before being executed. So there is no logic in the cost-effectiveness and overcrowding argument.

There is if you limit appeals and don't act like faggot Americans who put people on death row for twenty years.

Bazza
01-18-2007, 07:11 AM
There is if you limit appeals and don't act like faggot Americans who put people on death row for twenty years.

Wll yeah, if they can implement ways of fast-tracking appeals and have regular executions. Although even with limits on appeals the liberal hippies will still try and take it to the court of human rights. Something that seems to be happening far to often nowadays.

Sin Studly
01-18-2007, 07:36 AM
Although even with limits on appeals the liberal hippies will still try and take it to the court of human rights.

Easy solution ; hang them.

Iamstupid
01-19-2007, 09:54 AM
Sin Studly you're totally obsessed with people to hang...How do tou want to evolve if you hang all the bad people of the society, if you don't try to understand and repair the errors ?

Duskygrin : C'est vrai que le dernier jour d'un condamné, c'est formidable. Je l'ai lu l'année dernière pour le collège et cette année encore pour la 2nde et j'aime toujours autant :) (ouah ça me fait presque bizarre de parler français sur ce forum...:eek: )

Acoustic1804
01-19-2007, 03:16 PM
Shut up, you are stupid

F@ BANKZ
01-19-2007, 03:25 PM
lol that guy's going to get alot of that i'd imagine. Unless he hangs himself.

P.s. I was only kidding please do not hang yourself

Sin Studly
01-20-2007, 04:29 AM
How do tou want to evolve if you hang all the bad people of the society, if you don't try to understand and repair the errors ?

Perhaps you're unaware of an important aspect of evolution, termed "Natural Selection".... If you really want to 'evolve' the death penalty should be extended to gimps, cripples, retards and the insane, as well as criminals.

Iamstupid
01-21-2007, 05:10 AM
Perhaps you're unaware of an important aspect of evolution, termed "Natural Selection".... If you really want to 'evolve' the death penalty should be extended to gimps, cripples, retards and the insane, as well as criminals

Natural Selection ? I'll tell still a bullshit, but it's Karl Marx who's told that ? okay...the bullshit is told, come back to the subject.
I can't understand why, for evolve, death penalty should be extended to gimps, cripples, retards and the insane as well as criminals. I've told REPAIRS the errors, not hang them. Plus I don't think retarted, cripples ect are errors. Please explain me your reasoning when you tell that you want to hang everybody for evolve (and don't care about F@ BANZ, he was kidding, don't hang yourself)

Acoustic1804 : You're fucking clever my God !! How can you guess that ? Who has told you that ?

DuskyGrin que maintenant je vais appeler Maria ^^ : Bah ouais je suis en seconde. C'est fou ce que le temps passe vite je me revois toute petite à courir nue dans le jardin...lol je déconne j'ai jamais fait ça (je tiens à le préciser). Alala...la seconde...dur dur de se lever le matin à 6h30 un samedi après le dimanche ça me fait tout bizarre de dormir le matin. Enfin bref je m'étale là. Ca va pas durer ? C'est à dire ? Après c'est pire ? Vivement la retraite ! Les 3 mousquetaires j'ai pas encore lu mais tout de même quand j'ai lu "Un pour tous, chacun pour soi" je me suis dit "y a un truc qui va pas" lol La folie des grandeurs c'est génial avec LOuis De Funès :D Heu tu te couches à midi ? parce que tu as posté ton message à 12:16 à moins que ce soit minuit ? AM c'est avant le matin alors euh PM c'est post midi alors c'est après midi donc 12:16 AM c'est midi à moins que ce soit minuit ? POurtant j'ai bien mis l'heure du forum à l'heure française (ouah ça fait bizarre de penser qu'il y a des gens chez qui il fait nuit pendant que j'écris ce message) bon bah j'abandonne je vais manger parce que là il est 13:11 PM soit euh 1 heure de l'après-midi soit l'heure de manger enfin bref j'y vas :p

Ps: J'ai oublié de dire mais je m'appelle Sarah mais tu peux m'appeler GRande et intelligente Sarah (alors que mon pseudo c'est Iamstupid :s enfin berf) ou alors Votre Excellence ou alors le Schtroumpf ou le Nain en pancho (d'après un sketch avec Kad et Olivier et Gad, une parodie de "on a tout essayé" je sais pas si tu connais ce sketch il est pas mal) selon mes amis (parce que faut dire que je suis pas grande)

Sin Studly
01-21-2007, 07:57 AM
Natural Selection ? I'll tell still a bullshit, but it's Karl Marx who's told that ?

Charles Darwin, buddy. Get an education.

White_Dragon
01-22-2007, 09:27 AM
Let me put it this way:

If you commited one hell of a crime, and had a choice between being sentenced to death, or life in jail, what would you choose? I don't know about you, but I would rather be killed on the spot.
My point is, I don't support the death penalty, because that gives the bastards the easy way out. They should spend the rest of their life thinking about how much they fucked up.

Iamstupid
01-22-2007, 09:35 AM
Charles Darwin, buddy. Get an education.

I hesitated between Darwin and Marx...it's not like I told humm I dunno like I told Marilyn Manson or Bush, or Saddam or Jesus why not.
And don't worry for my education, try to make your, because if you're obsessed with people to hang there is probably a lack somewhere. Or maybe we haven't got the same opinion because of the culture from your country. It's a possibility

Let me put it this way:

If you commited one hell of a crime, and had a choice between being sentenced to death, or life in jail, what would you choose? I don't know about you, but I would rather be killed on the spot.
My point is, I don't support the death penalty, because that gives the bastards the easy way out. They should spend the rest of their life thinking about how much they fucked up.
All the criminals aren't terrorist. They are probably afraid of death, even if they killed someone. And when you're in prison, and you'll be hang, it's something really scaring, terrifing, when you think that in 3 days you'll dead, then in 1 day, and in 20 hours, and 10 hours, and 1hours, and in 10 minutes, and in 1 half-minute, and now, at the the moment, you'll be hang and you won't be anymore a man, I think it's something worst than you think. So the detah penalty isn't the easy way out.

@Maria : AH j'allais dire t'es bizarre toi tu te couches à l'heure de manger :P. Sinon pour le sketch il est sur youtube mais il est un peu long (presque 10 minutes) mais si tu veux vraiment le regarder autant t'éviter des recherches le voilà (d'ailleurs je me suis trompée c'e n'est pas une parodie de "on a tout essayé" mais de "ça se discute") : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmZGjEu9j7w
Tu me diras pour les résultats de tes partiels. C'est dur ces trucs là ? Dans le même genre, la semaine avant les vacances de février j'ai des épreuves communes...moi qui croyait être tranquille, après avoir passé mon brevet, jusqu'à mon bac...Faut croire que l'éducation nationale adore faire chier les jeunes :D. Eh oui, horreur et damnation (horror and damnation pour les bilingues) j'ai cours du lundi au samedi en passant par le mercredi. mais bon pour ces deux jours là, je n'ai que cours le matin (encore heureux) mais bon le mercredi j'ai 2h d'histoire et 1 heure de maths et le samedi j'ai 2h de SVT et 2h de physique...c'est pas la joie on peut pas dire que ce soient mes cours préférés (mais quand on y pense je n'ai pas de cours préféré(s) donc...). POur ce qu'y est de ma taille c'est foutu, mes parents ne sont pas grands (ils seraient même plutôt petits dans le genre pas grands) donc pas la peine de rêver et de croire que je vais prendre 10 cm dans l'année...Mais pour rester positive comme tu dis vaut mieux être petite que conne :) (enfin je pense)

bon allez moi je v me taper une tite manucure, histoire de.

bonnnnnnnnnnnnne semaine!
Tu vas te taper une petite manucure histoire de quoi ??? Quel suspense !!!! Tu devrais avoir honte de laisser les gens comme ça en plan sans finir tes phrases ! Encore que les gens...si ça trouve on est que deux françaises sur ce forum ^^

Bon allez moi je vais faire de

bon lundiiiiiiiii bien sur :P

White_Dragon
01-22-2007, 10:00 AM
All the criminals aren't terrorist. They are probably afraid of death, even if they killed someone. And when you're in prison, and you'll be hang, it's something really scaring, terrifing, when you think that in 3 days you'll dead, then in 1 day, and in 20 hours, and 10 hours, and 1hours, and in 10 minutes, and in 1 half-minute, and now, at the the moment, you'll be hang and you won't be anymore a man, I think it's something worst than you think. So the detah penalty isn't the easy way out.

Yeah, I think I can agree with that.

Sin Studly
01-22-2007, 10:52 AM
I hesitated between Darwin and Marx...it's not like I told humm I dunno like I told Marilyn Manson or Bush, or Saddam or Jesus why not.

If you're trying to say Darwin and Marx aren't polar opposites, you're wrong. And you should be hanged for your ignorance (and for being French).

Iamstupid
01-22-2007, 11:25 AM
If you're trying to say Darwin and Marx aren't polar opposites, you're wrong. And you should be hanged for your ignorance (and for being French).

Sorry but I don't know nothing about Darwin and Marx, but I'll try to inform myself about their ideas ect...And I was trying to say that they're opposite.
Hey you're so cute to want to hang me but I don't think it's possible because...because I have to take a train. But I wonder myself, is there someone in this world that you don't want to hang ? Maybe yourself ? Maybe not ?

And don't worry for my education, try to make your, because if you're obsessed with people to hang there is probably a lack somewhere. Or maybe we haven't got the same opinion because of the culture from your country. It's a possibility

You're so French! It's so cute! I tend to forget our humour on this forum (ça c t pr les bilingues, comme tu dis)
& j'ajouterais... qu'est-ce donc qu'ensemble nous gardâmes? Mais ça je suis in-ca-pable de le dire en angliche...

Where is the problem in my quote ? I've forgotten the 's at your's but for the rest of the post I don't understand :p Can you explain my errors to improve myself ?
trop cool pour tes partiels je participe à ton moment of emotion *verse une larmichette pour l'ocassion* Euh pour ce qui est de semaine chergée c'est beaucoup dire le lundi je termine à 4h, le mardi soit 5h soit 6h, le mercredi 11H, le jeudi 3h ou 4h et le vendredi toujours 6h (et le samedi 12h) mais bon c'est dur quand même :p
Est-ce que tu insinues que je suis petite et conne ? Parce que si c'est le cas je sens que je vais te pendre avec Sin Studly :D Mais sinon j'ai remarqué *attention phrase philosophique* que la connerie est compatible avec tout le monde et à travers toute la Terre.
Euh sinon bah ben bonne chance pour tes haricots (c'est dans ce genre de moments que je suis vraiment heureuse de ne pas avoir à manger avec toi lol)

bon allez moi aussi vais manger !!! (c'est une impression ou on est en train de frenchiser this thread ??? Yeah !!! Vive la french touch

Iamstupid
01-22-2007, 12:24 PM
Dans le même genre ce qui est pas mal comme sketch c'est "qui veut gagner de l'argent en masse" avec Olivier et Gad. Sinon ouais Gad c'est bien le taupe modèle, tu doutes bien que c'est pas Michèle-tétons :D
Je ne te pendrai pas tout de suite alors mais je garde la corde à portée de main sous le coude ^^. Il est tout de même bien méchant le Sin Studly de vouloir me pendre parce que je suis FRANCAISE et IGNORANTE :( Tant qu'à être pendue j'aurais préféré que ce soit pour une vraie connerie que j'aurais faite.. J'aurais aimé qu'un ange vienne me voir et me dise : "tu vas être pendue par Sin Studly bientôt". Comme ça j'aurais été prévenue et j'aurais pu profiter de ma life et faire toute les conneries dont j'ai toujours rêvé de faire...Insulter mes profs, casser toute la vaisselle, teindre mes cheveux en bleu...violer Dexter...sauter à l'élastique toute nue...pour pouvoir mourrir ensuite en paix avec moi-même. Mais non même pas...
Sinon le repas bah j'ai mangé de la soupe (beurk), un yaourt et des cornichons puis voilà quoi :D .

Iamstupid
01-23-2007, 10:50 AM
Oui voilà c'est ça ! C'est votre dernière bafouille ? lol Et aussi ce qui est pas mal "et maintenant la question à 1500 euros, ça en fait de la pute" j'adooore
Quelle honte de ne pas connaitre Gad Elmaleh ! Mais bon là tu connais donc ça va mais quand même. Mais tu a raison il n'est jamais trop tard pour se cultivier^^ Et pour Darwin et Marx j'ai juste eu le temps hier soir de lire vite fait la théorie de Darwin sur la sélection naturelle. Peut-être demain j'aurai le temps de mieux m'interesser à lui et à Marx mais là je peux pas jai des devoirs en histoire :( Sur un truc super chiant en plus "Le commerce à Venise au XIIème siècle" Et en plus de ça j'ai une interro sur les croisades...
Mais bon restons positive euh...tu manges quoi ce soir ? (histoire de me dire que je suis plus chanceuse que d'autres :D)
POur la vaissaille, en général c'est plutôt du genre cassable, nan ? Ou alors c'est peut-être que tu as de la vaisselle en plastique chez toi :p Mais sérieusement j'ai toujours rêvé de prendre les assiettes, les verres, les bols enfin la vaisselle quoi et de la balancer contre les murs. C'est débile mais bon. POur insulter les profs c'est aussi un de mes rêves mais malheureusement je n'ai pas le loisir d'avoir du temps à perdre en colle :s. POur ce qui est de la teinture bleue c'est des conneries et pour DExter aussi :p Je ne suis pas ce genre de filles qui tombent amoureuse des rock stars et qui crient sous les toits "I looove Dexter" Je trouve ça totalement stupide (même s'il serait quasiment (pourquoi je dis quasiment ??? ) blasphématoire de dire que Dexter n'est pas mignon)
Bref bwouef moi j'y vais j'ai encore des devoirs snif... et de ton côté quoi de bieau ?

P.S : C'est vrai qu'on élève des kangourous pour les manger ????

@Sin Studly : I began to get informations about Darwin and Marx, I'll carry on tomorrow. Peace and Hang my brother <3 <3 <3

Sin Studly
01-23-2007, 10:53 AM
... I don't want to discuss them with you. Especially not if 90% of your posts are gonna be in surrender-speak.

Iamstupid
01-23-2007, 11:40 AM
@Sin Studly : Your post really hurt my little heart...You tell me to have an education and when I try to get one, you don't care...I'd like to hang you.

@Maria : Ah bon ta journée fut chiante ? Ca fait plaisir de penser qu'il y a toujours pire que soit :) J'adore quand tu me dis ce que tu manges à chaque fois ça me fait rire ^^ Remarque je me moque mais je ne sait même pas faire cuire des pates...Folle jeunesse si ma mère n'était pas là je me laisserai mourrir de faim :D
Pour DExter faut voir parce que après le LA marathon peut-être qu'il a maigri faudrait voir une photo de lui récente pour juger. J'adoreeee "il a des joues qui font plaisir aux mamies" mddr
Et pour ta culivature, Darwin est un gars déjà ça c'est sûr, je crois que c'est un biologiste qui défend donc sa ptite thèse sur la sélection naturelle, c'est à dire qu'une espèce, qu'elle soit animale ou végétale, s'adapte au milieu dans lequel elle vie, par rapport aux conditions climatiques et aux prédateurs qui trainent dans le coin. En fait sa sélection naturelle au Darwin là, elle se divise entre la sélection sexuelle, c'est à dire soit baiser comme des lapins, soit baiser de temps en temps mais que la femelle après elle ponde beaucoup de petits quoi, dans le cas des végétaux c'est par rapports aux abeilles qui passent dans le coin pour les attirer, les fleurs se font belles puis après y a des histoires avec le vent qui pourrait transporter des graines. Donc la théorie se divise entre la sélection sexuelle (comme je viens de développer en version très simplifiée) et la sélection de survie, pour ce quii est de survivre en gros quoi, par rapport donc aux méchants qui trainent dans le coin, trouver des moyens de se proétéger (comme des carapaces par exemple, ou alors adopter la mode "punk" et se mettre des piques partout comme les hérissons) puis pour pouvoir attraper des proies pour manger un ptit peu. Pour ce qui est des végétaux pour la sélection de survie je sais pas trop quoi te dire ils n'attrapent pas de proies par contre ils doivent se protéger des autres végétaux qui essayent de prendre toute la lumière en grandissant puis y aussi le problème des animaux je sais plus végétariens ? Non c'est herbivores bon c'est pas grave, et ben faut se protéger de ces animaux, donc il y a des arbres qui contiennent par exemple du poison ect.... J'ai lu dans un livre de Bernard Werber, qu'il y avait un arbre, je sais plus lequel un nom latin genre Acacia Coniginera ou Acacia Cogiera ou Acacia Coginiera(je crois que c'est le dernier), enfin bref, cet arbre est creux et est fait pour accueillir des fourmis (donc y a tout ce qu'il faut pour des fourmis c'est aménagé pour leurs besoins) et en échange les fourmis sont sensées s'occuper de cet arbre, éloigner les insectes et tout ça. Je regarderai pour cet arbre plus en détails puis je te dirai. Sinon pour en revenir à Darwin je vérifie voir si depuis tout à l'heure je ne dis pas que des conneries *cherche sur wikipédia* je crois que tout est à peu près bon même si j'ai arrangé à ma manière. En fait je viens de m'apercevoir que depusi tout à l'heure je ne t'ai pas renseignée sur Darwin mais sur sa théorie...Bon bah alors Darwin on peut dire que c'est un biologiste anglais né à Shrewsbury le 12 fécrier 1809 et il est mort à l'age de 73 ans, le 19 avril 1882.
Pour ce qui est des croisades ça va encore mais bon "le commerce à Venise au XII ème sicle" :s c'est pas ma tasse de thé . It's not my cup of tea.

Bon allez je suis crevée vais manger maintenant ^^ j'espère que j'ai été à peu près claire :)

Peace and Hang my sister

Wolfbutter
01-23-2007, 03:01 PM
Many criminals actually request the death penalty, but we don't kill them, we put them in prisons. I say if they want it, let 'em have it.

Iamstupid
01-24-2007, 07:38 AM
@Wolfbutter : Let them have that they want ? And what else ? A new car, a private appartment and some bitches (I'm too funny) ?
If they want to be kill, it's that they don't care about the crime they have done.THey're totally mad and they think that death is better than prison for life. They think the death it's the "easier way". But it's not. Back to an old post by *me*

(I love to quote myself). So if they're REALLY NOT afraid of death, they're terroristes or totally mad (but it's really all the same).

@maria : Quoi c'est pas vrai tu vas pas me dire que c'est une plaisanterie maintenant que j'ai tout expliqu&#233;, en plus j'&#233;tais &#224; fond dedans !!! Fais attention tu as la corde qui te pend au nez (euh...je parle bien &#233;videmment de la corde qui sert &#224; te pendre and pas d'autre chose qui peut pendre au nez quand on a attrap&#233; froid :p). Mais pourquoi tu veux voir la page anglaise de wikip&#233;dia ? L'article est aussi en fran&#231;ais, c'est plus simple, nan ? Ou alors tu veux am&#233;liorer ta cultivature en pratiquant d'autre langues ?
Sinon tu es pianiste ? Depuis combien de temps ??? Raconte moi tout !!
Et c'est quoi ces histoires de cours en anglais ?

And who is the guy on the picture ? Is it Dexter :D ? He's getting old ! Or maybe it's NOodles ? Je ne comprends rien &#224; ton histoire de piquet par contre tu peux me la refaire en version sous-titr&#233;e ?

Bwouef bref je vais faire de la guitare et toi sinon quoi de beau dans ta vie ?

Peace and Hang *&#231;a y est c'est ma phrase culte-culte sentence:cool: *

Iamstupid
01-24-2007, 02:03 PM
Hey j'ai regardé tes vidéos tu joues super bien !!!! Quand même ça fait long 14 ans !!! Wow moi je dis félicitations ! Félicitations !
Mais par contre je ne suis pas marquise *moi aussi je suis trop drôle, ça doit être ça la french touch :D* Et te moque pas de ma phrase Peace and Hang j'en suis totalement *fière*.
"english track"... bah ça a du etre dur au début dis donc !
Et pour le gars qui est en photo je te trouve ça très vilain de m'insulter même si c'est censuré, je sais que tu as voulu dire du mal, et mon petit coeur est tout déchiré de l'intérieur par tes mots. Je sais tu ne les a pas dits. C'est peut-être pire parce que maintenant j'imagine ce que tu aurais pu me dire et *sniif* quoi.
C'est quoi ce sketch pdg ? Je connais pas moi raconteuuuh.
BOulot boulot...est c'est quand que tu as des vacances parce que boulot boulot ça doit pas être cool cool :s
POur ce qui est de la guitare on peut dire que c'est un "dérivé" (mdr le mot que tu utilises j'ai l'impression qu'on parle de drogue...) de Offspring. En fait c'est pas un dérivé. Offspring c'est la source. C'est eux qui m'ont donné l'envie de commencer la guitare *moment d'émotion* mais bon y aussi d'autres groupes comme sum 41, blink 182 (même si bizarrement sur ce forum personne ne les aime moi j'aime bien na et je le revendique) ou encore bah tout ce que j'aime. Mais The Offspring sont la source de tout. Ce sont mes Dieux (lol je tiens à le présicer, ce ce sont pas mes Dieux, ce sont juste des demi-dieux, le vrai Dieu ici c'est moi je dirais même que je suis une déesse dans le genre Dieu). Donc pour en revenir à la guitare bah j'ai commencé durant les vacances de Noël dernières sur la guitare acoustique d'une amie, pour voir si ça me plaisait, et comme ça me plaisait le 2 janvier 2007, par un jour d'auomne, le fond de l'air était frais, mais les oiseaux gazouillaient gaiement pour saluer les quelques rayons de soleil qui réchauffaient le coeur des piétons emmitouflés dans leurs manteaux, les joues rosies. Nan je déconne (dommage tu vas me dire je partais bien), j'ai donc acheté cette guitare un 2 janvier, le 2 janvier de cette année donc et depuis bah je travaille les accords et je pense que dans quelques semaines (1 ou 2) je pourrai m'attaquer aux horribles barrés. Pour le moment je sais jouer l'intro de Come As You ARe, Sweet Dreams (Manson) et enfin la 9ème symphonie (de Bethoveen bien sur). Voili voilou pour mon histoire. Mais c'est vrai que dans le coin y a pas mal de guitaristes qui trainent mais y aussi des bassistes et des batteurs puis après y a un peu de tout j'ai vu des trompettistes, des pianistes, des flutistes enfin bref y a de tout.
Bon allez j'y vais moua. Bonne chance pour ton boulot

*Peace and Hang* again and again , forever and a day ;)

Wolfbutter
01-24-2007, 02:09 PM
Um...I know this is kinda mean, but please don't talk in other languages here. This is clearly an English thread, and it's annoying for a lot of people to see posts they can't read.

JoY
01-24-2007, 02:14 PM
I see you're all pretty serious about this & I don't want to ruin your party of discussion, but.. I keep reading the title of this thread as one of the latest soccer terms. like, "death penalty, you're out", or something.

the_GoDdEsS
01-26-2007, 02:23 AM
Moved the completely random and offtopic discussion into GC. Continue there.

Iamstupid
01-26-2007, 12:25 PM
Ok, but anyways nobody post here...I asked people to know if they've got the death penalty in their country of if it was abolished but nobdy answer so...

the_GoDdEsS
01-26-2007, 12:33 PM
Thank you for understanding.

And this might be a very nice overview:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/cb/Death_Penalty_World_Map.png

Iamstupid
01-27-2007, 12:11 PM
Thank you for understanding.

And this might be a very nice overview:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/cb/Death_Penalty_World_Map.png

No problem :D Thanks for the link :)

German Andres
02-03-2007, 02:54 PM

I agree with you. However, I can`t stand genocides being in domiciliary pain. They should be in common jails like all the other people.

[[Jew in a Toaster]]
02-03-2007, 03:48 PM
Heres how it should go.

If its a nigger: Kill em.

Sand Nigger: Kill Em.

Asian: Death by over inflated penis.

Eskimo: Let the fat fucks have a heart attack on thier own.

American: Don't worry, We're killing everyone on the planet anyways - Starting 350 years ago.

0r4ng3
02-03-2007, 03:52 PM
Aww, look, it's trying to fit in.

[[Jew in a Toaster]]
02-05-2007, 11:09 AM
But if rapist's victaims are still alive you can hardly call that justice. And as much as i hate pedos the same basically applies to them.

Rape is the ultimate pwnage. STFU.

RickyCrack
02-05-2007, 02:52 PM
Virginia spawns the most retarded people ever to come to the bbs. Move aside England britfags, you've just been one-upped.

F@ BANKZ
02-06-2007, 09:32 AM
Virginia spawns the most retarded people ever to come to the bbs. Move aside England britfags, you've just been one-upped.
Generaliseing minorities leads to great wars throughout the world and should not be taken to you Jew

];964512']Rape is the ultimate pwnage. STFU.

Okay i didn't get the last bit.

RickyCrack
02-06-2007, 11:03 AM
Generaliseing minorities leads to great wars throughout the world and should not be taken to you Jew

You're a fucking moron. Virginians and Britfags are minorities?

F@ BANKZ
02-06-2007, 01:29 PM
It was a joke.

and on these bords, yes.

Great Mike
02-24-2007, 04:04 PM
Spending your whole life in prison may be worse than death penalty (for the rapes and all that stuff) so the prisoner should be able to choose between these two possibilities.

F@ BANKZ
02-25-2007, 07:10 AM
Giving a prisinor an option eliminates the point pf scentences: you must do what you are told in order to learn respect for the law, no matter how much you dislike it. Besides if they don't like it when there is no capital punishment they can always do themselves in, though it is illegal.

Great Mike
02-25-2007, 10:23 AM
Giving a prisinor an option eliminates the point pf scentences: you must do what you are told in order to learn respect for the law, no matter how much you dislike it. Besides if they don't like it when there is no capital punishment they can always do themselves in, though it is illegal.

Do you know how expensive is to feed these fuckers? If they prefer to die it's better for everybody and there is no moral problem (at least for me).

wheelchairman
02-25-2007, 05:09 PM
Actually the death penalty is more expensive than life imprisonment...

Sin Studly
02-25-2007, 05:17 PM
Only in retarded fucking places that keep people on death row for 20+ years and give them 8 or 9 appeals, Mr. American.

wheelchairman
02-25-2007, 05:27 PM
Ah but Denmark gives you only 2 appeals.

However our prison sentences are so light it's unbelievable. I mean really, I just don't believe it sometimes...

Sin Studly
02-25-2007, 05:42 PM
Denmark doesn't even have the death penalty, fool.

And on that note, Scandinavian prisons seem preferable to upper-class life in most western nations.

F@ BANKZ
02-26-2007, 09:21 AM
Do you know how expensive is to feed these fuckers? If they prefer to die it's better for everybody and there is no moral problem (at least for me).

Then let them kill themselves, but there arn't many people that give up that easily, why kill yourself when you can try to escape?

Speakeasy
03-27-2007, 05:25 PM
How can you insult systems with 389471 appeals while people who are wrongfully convicted get killed even after that many? If you had it your way would police just shoot everyone in a 5 mile radius of every murder just to be safe or what?

Jojan
04-03-2007, 04:32 AM
The society can get more money ot of a person who has been to rehabilitation for a while and then stops murdering and starts working for real.

Amiralanal
04-03-2007, 05:37 AM
Actually the death penalty is more expensive than life imprisonment...

a bullet - less than 10 cents
A lifetime of food, shelter - over 100,000 dollars

The society can get more money ot of a person who has been to rehabilitation for a while and then stops murdering and starts working for real.

Yes, but that never happens

DexterWannabe
04-03-2007, 05:40 AM

if you use that as an argument you don't see the value of a human life

Amiralanal
04-03-2007, 05:42 AM
if you use that as an argument you don't see the value of a human life

What the hell are you talking about? he said that lifetime in prison was cheaper than the death penalty.

Paint_It_Black
04-03-2007, 05:43 AM
How can you insult systems with 389471 appeals while people who are wrongfully convicted get killed even after that many? If you had it your way would police just shoot everyone in a 5 mile radius of every murder just to be safe or what?

Don't be a faggot.

You might as well say there shouldn't be any prisons because innocent people sometimes get sent there.

You might as well say if we had our way everyone within a 5 mile radius of a murder would be sent to prison.

You might as well suck a dick.

JoY
04-03-2007, 09:39 AM

well, then maybe you should look at the system that leads to conviction.

people shouldn't be able to get appeals endlessly, doh. if the trial, conviction, et cetera goes as it should, don't you think there'd be a lot less appeals anyway? & don't you agree that the entire content of your post contained no logic whatsoever?

wheelchairman
04-03-2007, 11:45 AM

If you're on Death Row, you're much more likely to run up expenses appealling for all your worth.

Amiralanal
04-03-2007, 02:25 PM
If you're on Death Row, you're much more likely to run up expenses appealling for all your worth.
Not if the execution takes place the same day as the conviction.

goonadie1day
04-03-2007, 05:08 PM

They still have the chair here in Nebraska... and when i was a sophomore we got to go to the state pen and i got to sit in it... Was pretty cool actually.

Just pointing out that murder is actually an unlawful homicide, so unless executioners have the power to warp time, space and the fundamental laws of fucking existence, there will never be any such thing as "legalised murder".

Oh, and you're a fucking idiot.

I totally agree with you here. Murders didnt give their victims a choice!

My Opinion:

We kill to kindly here, and we dont use capital punishment nearly enough. Fuck those bastards... why should i have to pay taxes to keep there asses alive and well...

Murderers need to be burned at the stake. Child molesters need to have there genitals cut out/off and not sewn up... let them die from infection or loss of blood... oh and fuck putting them under or pain control. Rapist... need to be tied up and taunted and have rocks thrown at them until they are dead. Drunk drivers need to drink themselves to death... maybe put in some form of poison and make 'em drink it.

Barbaric... very. But i have /personal/ issues with this shit.

One of my best friends little brother was murdered in 1996. I was 8 and she was 6, he wasnt even 2 years old. His moms boyfriend beat him and then pressed his face against the heater and burned him badly... obviously he died. I think both Harold and Tammy should have been fried... mother fuckers.

The case was awful... Trotter got off because the judge messed up by letting his ex-wifes testify.

So i can have an opinion that may seem barbaric...

Amiralanal
04-04-2007, 03:14 AM
...here in Nebraska...

What about the corn?

DexterWannabe
04-04-2007, 04:34 AM
What the hell are you talking about? he said that lifetime in prison was cheaper than the death penalty.

just saying that some people claims the opposite and uses that as an argument

Amiralanal
04-04-2007, 04:35 AM
just saying that some people claims the opposite and uses that as an argument

The fact that the death penalty is cheap is actually a good argument

goonadie1day
04-04-2007, 10:23 PM
What about the corn?

Its gay... the University of Nebraska are the home of "The Huskers"
like... cornhuskers... and fuck... eveyone has shit in their yard related to the Huskers... and shit...

ask me... bunch a faggots..

but corn is pretty delicioso!

Llamas
04-05-2007, 09:03 AM
goona, you really are retarded....

Paint_It_Black
04-05-2007, 09:30 AM
Please, call her goon. For me.

goonadie1day
04-05-2007, 03:22 PM
goona, you really are retarded....

Please, call her goon. For me.

Aww... glad you love me soooooo much! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Speakeasy
04-10-2007, 05:29 PM
So I brought up wrongful convictions and no one has said anything.

Killxjoy15
04-20-2007, 08:37 PM
Alright, we already should have established that both housing an inmate for life and using the death penalty can be expensive because of appeals, at least here in the US.

For wrongful imprisonment or death.. that's why there are appeals, to make sure people aren't killed or jailed for doing nothing, but it can be obvious when there are too many. I don't think you can have enough appeals sometimes. Yes everyone needs money but should we care about money more than maybe sending the wrong person to death or life in prison? I agree with the death penalty for extreme cases. Like if the guy from Virgina Tech massacre survived. Either way there is no easy answer, everyone is different. Some people wouldn't mind being locked away for ever and some people could care less if they lived.
And don't generalize people so much, just because some one is of a certain race or nationality doesn't make then much different from you. If your going to evolve your gonna have to realize that as well.

Speakeasy
05-02-2007, 10:20 PM
Alright, we already should have established that both housing an inmate for life and using the death penalty can be expensive because of appeals, at least here in the US.

For wrongful imprisonment or death.. that's why there are appeals, to make sure people aren't killed or jailed for doing nothing, but it can be obvious when there are too many. I don't think you can have enough appeals sometimes. Yes everyone needs money but should we care about money more than maybe sending the wrong person to death or life in prison? I agree with the death penalty for extreme cases. Like if the guy from Virgina Tech massacre survived. Either way there is no easy answer, everyone is different. Some people wouldn't mind being locked away for ever and some people could care less if they lived.
And don't generalize people so much, just because some one is of a certain race or nationality doesn't make then much different from you. If your going to evolve your gonna have to realize that as well.

Are you arguing with yourself here or what?

DividingByZero71
05-06-2007, 06:51 PM
i believe in the death penalty. if you kill someone, then YOU should be killed.

i wouldnt be againset anyone who doesnt believe in it.

i just think of the term "an eye for an eye"

wheelchairman
05-06-2007, 07:25 PM
i believe in the death penalty. if you kill someone, then YOU should be killed.

i wouldnt be againset anyone who doesnt believe in it.

i just think of the term "an eye for an eye"

makes the whole world blind...

is how the saying goes. You illiterate idiot.

DividingByZero71
05-06-2007, 08:21 PM
makes the whole world blind...

is how the saying goes. You illiterate idiot.

dont listen to this dick head. he's just looking for ways to add to his post count

wheelchairman
05-06-2007, 08:24 PM
I totally need more posts. That's the only reason I'm here. Good point.

DividingByZero71
05-06-2007, 08:26 PM
I totally need more posts. That's the only reason I'm here. Good point.

me too, dont worry :D

Guerilla Enferma
05-13-2007, 03:12 AM
I'm neither for or against, honestly. I don't think it needs to abolished, perhaps reformed.

Economically, it's cheaper to keep convicts alive. That would be my only reasoning behind abolition.

GBH2
05-13-2007, 01:20 PM
Economically, it's cheaper to keep convicts alive. That would be my only reasoning behind abolition.

yeah, it totally costs more to care for dead people than the living.

oh yeah, imo, kill the bastards

wheelchairman
05-13-2007, 01:28 PM
yeah, it totally costs more to care for dead people than the living.

Are you retarded, or just illiterate?

GBH2
05-13-2007, 01:43 PM
Are you retarded, or just illiterate?

i guess both. feel free to make fun.

edit: hold on, i'm gonna plead ignorance here, how exactly is it cheaper to keep convicts alive, if they're just sitting there wasting our taxdollars for years and years?

Guerilla Enferma
05-13-2007, 03:26 PM
Apparently, killing someway in a humane form is perrrty damn expensive. Drugs and technicians to perform lethal injection aren't free. Not to mention there's the costly appeals.

"Florida calculated that each execution there costs some $3.18 million. If incarceration is estimated to cost $17000/year, a comparable statistic for life in prison of 40 years would be $680,000."
(The Geography of Execution... The Capital Punishment Quagmire in America, Keith Harries and Derral Cheatwood 1997 p.6)

wheelchairman
05-13-2007, 03:48 PM
That and we live in a democratic federal republic. Our constitution not only offers the right to a lawyer, but the right to appeal. These are very expensive.

While on the other hand prisons are major parts of the economy. They provide jobs in many rural areas stricken with unemployment.

GBH2
05-13-2007, 06:07 PM
Apparently, killing someway in a humane form is perrrty damn expensive. Drugs and technicians to perform lethal injection aren't free. Not to mention there's the costly appeals.

"Florida calculated that each execution there costs some $3.18 million. If incarceration is estimated to cost $17000/year, a comparable statistic for life in prison of 40 years would be $680,000."
(The Geography of Execution... The Capital Punishment Quagmire in America, Keith Harries and Derral Cheatwood 1997 p.6)

thanks for enlightening me.
i am now convinced i need to stay the fuck out of the political forums.

Guerilla Enferma
05-13-2007, 08:04 PM
Naw, you should expose yourself to this stuff. I wasn't born knowing that stuff haha. Reading or watching debates is a more interesting way to expose yourself to statistics and theories than reading your average article in a newspaper.

Sometimes, I even ejoy being wrong because it means I've exposed myself to new and useful knowledge.