PDA

View Full Version : Police Reunion...

StayInTheHouseCarl
01-03-2007, 11:23 AM
News of a Police Reunion....there's been talks of it for years, but it had always turned out to be just rumors and hearsay...

http://punknews.org/article/21554

I am still skeptical...but if it does happen,

I am selling my little sister for tickets.

T-6005
01-03-2007, 11:34 AM
So how much?

StayInTheHouseCarl
01-03-2007, 02:21 PM
think i can get five bucks. maybe? :D

el_monkey
01-04-2007, 04:24 AM
would be quite awsome (reunion)
don't know about your sister

ZagmenO
01-09-2007, 01:01 PM

This little sister of yours, is she 18?

Thomas
01-10-2007, 06:09 PM
Damn. Sting released a new album this year, too. That's awesome. I'd go see them live.

btw, the drummer for the Police is by far the most underrated drummer in the world. That man is amazing.

Bazza
01-10-2007, 06:19 PM
Out of curiosity, do you know who's playing bass? Couldn't remember if Sting played it himself?

nieh
01-10-2007, 06:21 PM
Damn. Sting released a new album this year, too. That's awesome. I'd go see them live.

btw, the drummer for the Police is by far the most underrated drummer in the world. That man is amazing.

Actually, he seems to be both overrated and underrated. Lots of people call him the best out there when most of the stuff they suggest as his best work doesn't come anywhere near that level while a lot of other people never even think of him. He is great though. Some of his stuff with Oysterhead is great.

Professor Chaos
01-10-2007, 06:26 PM
I was just about to mention how awesome his work in Oysterhead was.

I'd like to see them if they did get back together and tour, but I'm stuck in the middle of the most rural state in the continental US.

SMASH0390
01-11-2007, 07:52 AM
that would be freaking amazing if they got back togeather

StayInTheHouseCarl
01-11-2007, 12:17 PM
Ive been keeping a close eye on any news about this reunion...and by god it looks like it is actually going to happen!

It looks like the Police are going to be one of the headliners at this years Cochella....the other headliner... the new Smashing Pumpkins (eh)

And yes, Stewart's work is awesome. Oysterhead is amazing.

I suggest you also read Andy Summer's new book "One Train Later". It a great read, and it's amazing to find about all the music icons Andy has had contact with : Clapton, Hendrix, Keith Moon, Mick Jagger... John Belushi... not quite a music icon, but definitely a comedic icon.

SMASH0390
01-12-2007, 03:31 AM
amazing dude! and i only ever really liked smashing pumpkins gish album which ya have to admit is godsend but other then that yea, eh. gish was true grunge rock n roll music. But yea if the police come around man i am so there thats awesome.

Camilamazed
01-12-2007, 05:11 AM
*Get on her knees and pray*

Hope someday I can be in a Police concert.