PDA

View Full Version : Smashing Pumpkins confirm album and tour for 2007

Stranger With Candy
01-04-2007, 11:16 AM
http://www.nme.com/news/smashing-pumpkins/25637

i wonder how the album will be.

the_GoDdEsS
01-04-2007, 11:44 AM
When did they break up? 2000? I wonder what's it gonna sound like now.

Stranger With Candy
01-04-2007, 11:57 AM
yeah, they broke up in 2000.

HeadAroundU
01-04-2007, 12:45 PM
I read all of their journals yesterday. I don't follow them, but I'm normalizing all of their albums downloaded past year, so I checked wikipedia what's going on with them.

Got a question, the song "the vigil" on their myspace, where is this coming from? I love it.

Yatesy
01-04-2007, 01:55 PM
I don't really consider this as a Smashing Pumpkins reunion as it's only 2 of the original members. Heck Billy Corgan even turned down Auf Der Maur when she offered to bass. But ah well, better than nothing.

bouncingcoles
01-04-2007, 02:00 PM
Billy corgan can eat my dick. i like some smashing pumpkins songs but that guy is a real prick from what iv gathered. He decided to come crawling back to smashing pumpkins since his solo project and swan failed. i really doubt the new pumpkins album will be good since everything he has written the past few years sucks

Jakebert
01-04-2007, 02:18 PM
Billy corgan can eat my dick. i like some smashing pumpkins songs but that guy is a real prick from what iv gathered. He decided to come crawling back to smashing pumpkins since his solo project and swan failed. i really doubt the new pumpkins album will be good since everything he has written the past few years sucks

It's Zwan, not Swan, but yeah I agree. Billy Corgon is an unbelievable ass. He's the main thing that keeps me from really getting into the Smashing Pumpkins, because every interview I've ever read/seen/heard from him was bascially just him trying to give himself a blowjob. He's the definition of "egotistical, pretentious asshole rockstar."

the_GoDdEsS
01-04-2007, 02:26 PM
As far as I can see this thread is about the reunion/music and not about how much you hate some famous person you've seen on TV. Quit your whining, people.

Rag Doll
01-04-2007, 02:33 PM
i am totally going to see them. preferably multiple times, if i can drag someone to go more than once.

so excited. =D

nieh
01-04-2007, 08:22 PM
The only two members of Smashing Pumpkins that are going to be a part of this reunion are the same two members that were in Zwan. Billy was always the primary song-writer in both bands so I don't see why this new album is being called Smashing Pumpkins when it's just as close to being new Zwan. It seems like it should just be a new band. If Zwan never existed though I probably wouldn't find any of this strange at all.

Camilamazed
01-04-2007, 09:10 PM
I regret I didn't see them when I had the opportunity to. I hope I can see them this time.

igniton/pyro
01-06-2007, 05:49 AM
urg. smashing pumpkins is so boooooring! how can annyone listen to it!?

Apathy
01-06-2007, 01:00 PM
Half of their stuff I love, and the other stuff bores the hell out of me.

Maybe I just didn't give it a chance, but I have two of their albums and I can pretty much only listen to the radio singles. Which makes me feel like a douchebag, because I despise people who do that with bands that I like.

Agatio
01-06-2007, 01:06 PM
http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/1188/smashedpumpkinsoe6.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

I don't see how that can play music...

0r4ng3
01-06-2007, 01:11 PM
That's a smashed pumpkin, not a smashing pumpkin.

Good job.

Apathy
01-06-2007, 01:12 PM
That was awful.

Besides, their name isn't Smashed Pumpkins.
The name refers to the actual act of smashing them. Hence the 'ing'. Either that, or Smashing is being used as an adjective.

Either way, that joke was shameful.

Edit: Curse you and your fast citrusy fingers.

WebDudette
01-06-2007, 01:14 PM
Half of their stuff I love, and the other stuff bores the hell out of me.

I feel the exact same way. Some of there songs are great and then others are terribly boring.

Stranger With Candy
01-12-2007, 03:16 PM
Well, they are one of those bands that pics the best songs they got to be the singles from the album.

Rag Doll
01-12-2007, 03:48 PM
Well, they are one of those bands that pics the best songs they got to be the singles from the album.

wtf? false!

XYlophonetreeZ
01-12-2007, 10:44 PM
The only two members of Smashing Pumpkins that are going to be a part of this reunion are the same two members that were in Zwan. Billy was always the primary song-writer in both bands so I don't see why this new album is being called Smashing Pumpkins when it's just as close to being new Zwan. It seems like it should just be a new band. If Zwan never existed though I probably wouldn't find any of this strange at all.
Wow. If that's the case, then what they're doing right now really is unfathomably lame.

Stranger With Candy
01-13-2007, 03:49 AM
wtf? false!

Well, they got some great singles compared to other bands singles. And i have to admit, i find there singels to be some of their best songs.

ofsmurfsandpixies
02-25-2007, 02:51 PM
bullet with buterfly wings is an amazing song. they dont have bad songs.just some arent great.but the're amazing

HeadAroundU
02-26-2007, 10:25 AM
http://www.smashingpumpkins.com/
It's called "Zeitgeist". Sounds very German to me.

Stranger With Candy
02-26-2007, 11:02 AM
http://www.smashingpumpkins.com/
It's called "Zeitgeist". Sounds very German to me.

Radical .