01-06-2007, 05:45 AM
Hello people !

I've got a problem with the song Don't Pick It Up

"He picked a candy bar up
Off the ground
He chowed about a half
Then his face turned blue
Turned out that candy bar was doggy-doo""

What is a bar of "doggy-doo" ??? I like to know if not I will become insane :eek:

And too I've got a question about Jennifer Lost The War with "Little miss 1565, your soul remains unclaimed"

I don't know if "little miss" means something like "since" or something like a lapse of memory

Sorry I'm french (and if you're angry fuck you)

Amiralanal
01-06-2007, 05:49 AM
Doggy-doo is Dogpoo. Le cacá chien.

he thought that the dogturd lying on the ground was a snickers or something.

Iamstupid
01-06-2007, 05:57 AM
aaaah !! Thanks a lot ^^ Now I understand better the song :D

Teemu
01-06-2007, 06:00 AM
Hello people !

And too I've got a question about Jennifer Lost The War with "Little miss 1565, your soul remains unclaimed"

I don't know if "little miss" means something like "since" or something like a lapse of memory

http://members.aol.com/delirium4u/offspring/pickit/jennifer.htm

darea
01-06-2007, 07:28 AM
being french is not a good enough excuse for not guessing that doggy do is obviously caca de chien... lol

YODAvid
01-06-2007, 09:56 AM
why dont you use a dictionairy????????????? theres lots of them online.

just type in google the words "english" and "french"

ZagmenO
01-06-2007, 10:06 AM
In Jennifer Lost the War, her soul remains unclaimed I think because, like, nobody knew who she was or something? I dunno.

ZagmenO
01-06-2007, 10:08 AM
Doggy-doo is Dogpoo. Le cacá chien.

Wow, anything can sound super fancy if you say it in French. :D

Iamstupid
01-06-2007, 11:11 AM
Thanks Teemu for the link ^^

YODAvid why dont you use a dictionairy????????????? theres lots of them online.

just type in google the words "english" and "french"

I've got a dictionairy, a very good, all the words are in, my parents have bought it because they have doing their own website and they want to make it in french and english too. So for traduct their own website they need a really good dictionary. I use too altavista I've found the link here, in the offspring homepage.

darea : being french is not a good enough excuse for not guessing that doggy do is obviously caca de chien... lol

Maybe but Iamstupid, don't you remember ? And in my lyrics it was writting doggy-doo, I've found them on web, maybe they're false, I'll check in my cd soon.

Thanks for all the replys :)

Killboy
01-06-2007, 01:28 PM
Well, I've recommended it before and I'm doing it again.

http://www.wordreference.com
It's a very good dictionary online.

Iamstupid
01-06-2007, 01:41 PM

I've check in Ixnay and it's doggy-doo with 2 o strange :confused: THis evening I'll lying more clever than yesterday :D

adombomb222
01-06-2007, 02:41 PM
I've got a dictionairy, a very good, all the words are in, my parents have bought it because they have doing their own website and they want to make it in french and english too. So for traduct their own website they need a really good dictionary. I use too altavista I've found the link here, in the offspring homepage.

You'll need someone who speaks fluent english and french to translate. I'm taking french, and a lot of the sentence tarts we use is flipped in French. Also idiomatic expressions and garmmar trats are different as well. A French to English dictionary won’t give you the correct way to use words in sentence.

JohnnyNemesis
01-06-2007, 03:12 PM

HOLY SHIT! I visited that site almost 10 years ago! Actually, one of those song explanations on the Pick It Apart section comes from yours truly, but I will not reveal what little 12 year old trupunx JohnnyNemesis thought of them there lyrics...

Killboy
01-06-2007, 08:20 PM

I've check in Ixnay and it's doggy-doo with 2 o strange :confused: THis evening I'll lying more clever than yesterday :D

???????????????

Little_Miss_1565
01-06-2007, 11:17 PM

In addition: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hartford_Circus_Fire

The circus tent fire that killed Little Miss 1565 was the Hartford Circus Fire of 1944. It was a tragedy on the level of the Oklahoma City Bombing at the time, especially being during WWII where a ton of the menfolk were overseas fighting--and it being a circus, many of the dead were women and children. Little Miss 1565 was notable and became the face of the tragedy because while most of the bodies found afterward were charred almost beyond recognition, hers was almost perfectly preserved. And yet, no one ever showed to claim her body. There's a very interesting book out there about the Circus Fire and in a large part Little Miss 1565 out there by Stewart O'Nan.

Iamstupid
01-07-2007, 02:57 AM
Killboy Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamstupid
Thanks

I've check in Ixnay and it's doggy-doo with 2 o strange THis evening I'll lying more clever than yesterday

???????????????

Euh... I don't understand what you don't understand :p I was thinking that the good ortograph for doggy-doo was that : doggy-do because of the verb "do" (do-did-done yeah I know my irregular verbs :cool: lol) but it was not that.

Little_Miss_1565 : In addition: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hartford_Circus_Fire

The circus tent fire that killed Little Miss 1565 was the Hartford Circus Fire of 1944. It was a tragedy on the level of the Oklahoma City Bombing at the time, especially being during WWII where a ton of the menfolk were overseas fighting--and it being a circus, many of the dead were women and children. Little Miss 1565 was notable and became the face of the tragedy because while most of the bodies found afterward were charred almost beyond recognition, hers was almost perfectly preserved. And yet, no one ever showed to claim her body. There's a very interesting book out there about the Circus Fire and in a large part Little Miss 1565 out there by Stewart O'Nan.

It's a really strange story, thanks for the link it's really interesting

adombomb222 : You'll need someone who speaks fluent english and french to translate. I'm taking french, and a lot of the sentence tarts we use is flipped in French. Also idiomatic expressions and garmmar trats are different as well. A French to English dictionary won’t give you the correct way to use words in sentence.

My parents speak english very good and if I've got a big problem for translate something I can ask my english professor. The most important it's that you understand what I want to tell when I write a post here. For improve my english I translate Offspring's lyrics and I watch DVDs in VO or I watch in french and I put the subtiles ect... Nowadays it's important to speak english for get a job and it's a pretty langage I like the way of the words have to sound, it's cool :D

Little_Miss_1565
01-07-2007, 03:11 AM
Euh... I don't understand what you don't understand :p I was thinking that the good ortograph for doggy-doo was that : doggy-do because of the verb "do" (do-did-done yeah I know my irregular verbs :cool: lol) but it was not that.

"Doo" or "doo-doo" is an idiom for poop. Crap. Merde. I think it comes from the euphemism "to make," used to mean "to go to the bathroom"--"Excuse me, I have to go make now." "To do" and "to make" can often overlap in how they're used, and thus slang is born. Then, the excrement itself is "doo," or "doo-doo," or "doody."

Iamstupid
01-07-2007, 04:57 AM
Thanks for the explanation ^^
Tomorrow I could tell to my english professor "During the holidays I've learnt that doo or doo-doo equals merde :D "
Really funny I think she'll be very happy that I've spoken english during the holidays and that I've learnt new things ;)
So seriously thanks for helping me

ZagmenO
01-07-2007, 10:12 AM

Do and doo are two different words altogether. Do is when you do something and doo is just a turd. So, that's why they're spelled differently.

Little_Miss_1565
01-07-2007, 10:54 AM
Also it should be mentioned that doo/doo doo/doody/etc. are considered childish.

ZagmenO
01-07-2007, 02:08 PM
Also it should be mentioned that doo/doo doo/doody/etc. are considered childish.

Yea. Turd & shit are the way to go. :D

Iamstupid
01-08-2007, 08:33 AM
Hey guys what do you think about that ? Today my english professor ask us to do a short story (200 words), a fable but with an unexpected end like "the Little girl and the wolf" by James Thurber (If you don't know this story it's like Little Red Riding Hood but when the little girl see the wolf in the grandmother's bed she takes an automatic out of her basket and shoots the wolf died it's funny)

So I've imagine that, one day, a charming-prince (with blond hair and blue eyes otherwise it's not a charming prince :rolleyes: ) was going to the princess' castle for give her a gift but when he goes across a very dark forest he meets a monster or a wolf I dunno I'll see about that but he meets a bad character who wants to kill him and keeps the princess' gift for him/it. So, the charming prince is a courageous man and he takes out his sword to the sheath ans he gets ready for the future blooding struggle. The bad character takes a dagger and runs very fast towards the beautiful charming-prince but he slips on a DOGGY-DOO(:D), fells feat the carapace of a tortose (But what the fuck she's doing here ???) and his head exploses because of the really solid carapace's and he dies in a pool of blood even we can see his brain palpitating). So the prince tidys his sword and goes to the castle for give the present to his love. She opens it and finds a pack of beer (desperados or kronembourg I dunno but you can give me ideas if you want).
At the end the charming-prince and the princess drinks like large alcoholics.(they're lucky)

moral : Thanks to tortose, because of it the charming-prince hasn't stained his beautiful sword and there wasn't bloodshed because of the sword(I'm not sure for the moral but I want something like that, if you've got ideas...:) )

Please tell me what do you think about this story and don't blame me if you don't understand some passages because of the faults I've doing :rolleyes:
And if you don't like, now his too late for me to find an other idea so fuck you ^^
Thanks !

ZagmenO
01-08-2007, 08:35 AM
I like it. Especially when they're all drinking at the end!

Iamstupid
01-08-2007, 08:53 AM
Thanks :D Now I have to found a name for my charming-prince

Jaded skies
01-10-2007, 04:40 PM
Im not going to lie, I really think that Dont pick it up is their worst song they've ever done. I like absolutly love every other song but that one. Dont ask me why.

Killboy
01-10-2007, 08:21 PM
Im not going to lie, I really think that Dont pick it up is their worst song they've ever done. I like absolutly love every other song but that one. Dont ask me why.

No problem pal... nobody's judging u... it's your choice not to like it anyway

Jojan
01-11-2007, 03:17 AM
A doggy-doo is dog poo.

Little Miss 1565 was a real person who was found dead, but she didn't belong to anyone.

The most well-known victim of the circus fire was a young, blonde girl wearing a white dress. She is known only as Little Miss 1565, named after the number assigned to her body at the city's makeshift morgue. Oddly well preserved even after her death in the fire, her face has become arguably the most well-known image of the fire. The Offspring mentioned her in their 1989 song Jennifer Lost the War. John & Mary wrote a song called "July 6th" (included on their 1990 CD "Victory Gardens") that was about her and the whole tragedy.

Her true identity has been a topic of debate and frustration in the Hartford area since the fire first occurred. Despite massive amounts of publicity and repeated displays of the famous photograph in nationwide magazines, she was never claimed and eventually was buried without a name in Hartford's Northwood cemetery, where a victims' memorial also stands.

In 1991, arson investigator Rick Davey (along with co-writer Don Massey) published A Matter of Degree: The Hartford Circus Fire and Mystery of Little Miss 1565, in which he claims the girl's name was Eleanor Emily Cook and that she was from Massachusetts. Davey also contends that there was a conspiracy within the judicial system to convict the Ringling defendants, and that Segee was the arsonist. Prior to writing the book, Davey spent six years researching the case and conducting his own experiments as to how the fire may have really started. He has professed the original investigation was both flawed and primitive, though he did not work on the original case.

Various assertions put forth in A Matter of Degree have been fiercely disputed by investigators who worked on the case, as well as by other writers, most notably Stewart O'Nan, who published The Circus Fire: A True Story of an American Tragedy in 2001. O'Nan points to the fact that Little Miss 1565 had blonde hair, while Eleanor Cook was a brunette. The shape of Little Miss 1565's face and that of Eleanor Cook are dissimilar, and the height and age of the two girls do not match up.

Perhaps most significant, when shown a photograph of Little Miss 1565, Eleanor's mother Mildred Corintha Parsons Cook immediately stated that this was not her daughter. She firmly maintained that stance until her death in 1997, age 91. Badly injured in the fire, Mrs. Cook had been unable to claim her two dead children, and was too emotionally traumatized to pursue it later. She'd been told that Eleanor was not in any of the locations where bodies were kept for identification. She believed that Eleanor was one of two children who had been burnt beyond recognition and remain unidentified. O'Nan thinks she may be Little Miss 1503. He further points to the differences in the dental records of Eleanor Cook and the records made of Little Miss 1565 after her death.

Due to the many supposed errors in Davey's work, A Matter of Degree is considered by some to be a work of revisionist history or journalistic sensationalism, with some victims and reviewers accusing Davey of using the book to further his own career and notoriety.

As O'Nan and others have pointed out, the most likely scenario is that a family claiming a body early on mistakenly identified Eleanor Cook for their own child and she is buried under that child's name. Even when "Little Miss 1565's" picture ran in the papers, they failed to recognize her as their own due to their desire to put the traumatic event behind them. While DNA analysis could end this debate definitively, the logistics of exhuming all the likely candidates for this mix-up rule this out.

With the questions over whether or not Eleanor Cook is the true identity of Little Miss 1565 still unanswered in the eyes of many, the body was exhumed after the release of A Matter of Degree and buried in Southampton, Massachusetts, next to the body of Edward Cook, the brother of Eleanor Cook and a victim of the circus fire himself (another brother, Donald, survived and worked with Davey to establish Miss 1565's identity). In 1992, her death certificate was officially changed from the previous identification of "1565." Since then, the Cook family has raised questions over whether or not the body is indeed that of Eleanor Cook, and some investigators have come to believe that Eleanor's body may have been another of the unclaimed bodies from the fire and not Little Miss 1565. As of 2005, the Connecticut State Police Forensic Science Lab is reviewing the case.

Iamstupid
01-11-2007, 08:46 AM
Thanks Jojan for the explanation but I've already got the answer in this thread
:)

It's like you want, you don't have to like all the songs, even if I don't understand you because it's one of my favorite song :rolleyes:

Jaded skies
01-11-2007, 02:14 PM
No problem pal... nobody's judging u... it's your choice not to like it anyway
I know, I'm just saying, the song doesnt appeal to me.

ZagmenO
01-11-2007, 05:42 PM
A doggy-doo is dog poo.

Little Miss 1565 was a real person who was found dead, but she didn't belong to anyone.

Let's see a picture of this famous face of hers.

Little_Miss_1565
01-11-2007, 08:44 PM
A doggy-doo is dog poo.

LOL, I linked to that Wikipedia article a few replies ago.