PDA

View Full Version : Fail, Win etc.

Blinkweasel
01-07-2007, 11:02 AM
I think words like "you FAIL" and "this is full of win" are lamer than anything ever. Strange thing is, everyone does it, because you think it's funny or cool for some reason. It's not either of them. It's just dumb and stupid.

Endymion
01-07-2007, 11:07 AM
this thread is massive fail.

JohnnyNemesis
01-07-2007, 11:08 AM
Endy wins.

Betty
01-07-2007, 11:13 AM
I don't do it. (I do what I want, do what I feel like)

But hey, fads exist on the Internet just as much as they exist anywhere else. I think it's a little lame to jump on every expression bandwagon, but my friends do it, so I don't say anything about it cause it's just not worth it. And often, it can even be pretty entertaining. You don't see me winning any BBS popularity contests due to my posting style.

Endymion
01-07-2007, 11:16 AM
You don't see me winning any BBS popularity contests due to my posting style.

nope, it's because of the nudes you send me (hint hint!)

JohnnyNemesis
01-07-2007, 11:25 AM
I want nudes from both of you.

Lodat225
01-07-2007, 11:30 AM
You want nudes from me.

Vera
01-07-2007, 11:31 AM
I need somebody to write "WIN" on my boobs so I can post a picture of it.

Okay, that was just lame.

DeAtHsTaR
01-07-2007, 02:24 PM
This thread is win.

mrconeman
01-07-2007, 02:26 PM
Amen! If people are gonna go into a thread just to type stuff like "OMFG! THIS THREAD IS UBERFAIL PWN PWN PWN LMFAOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!! then why would they bother typing anything in the first place?

Because it is an accepted phrase on the internets to reflect your feelings towards something, or someone are either good, or bad. In the right context in can be pretty funny, and you're as big a moron as the thread starter if you think telling us you don't like it is going to make the slightest bit of fucking difference.
Fail.

WebDudette
01-07-2007, 02:26 PM
Why do you go into a chat room where everyone hates you and repeat 'Hi"?

I personally don't do it but it doesn't really bother me. I occasionally say ftw, but I do that more in real life.

mrconeman
01-07-2007, 02:35 PM
Oh, BELIEVE me! I did not expect it to make a single difference!!! I just think people shouldn't bother posting anything at all if they don't like a certain thread! It only keeps the thread higher up on the first page and therefore makes the thread more and more "win!" Ironic, ain't it?

I didn't say I didn't like this thread anywhere, I said fail, as in you. You fucking failure.
In fact, I thought this thread was a nice opportunity to point out your IMMENSE stupidity, so I did. There.

0r4ng3
01-07-2007, 02:45 PM
Okay, that was just fail.
Fixed. Now it's less fail.

JoY
01-07-2007, 02:48 PM
I need somebody to write "WIN" on my boobs so I can post a picture of it.

Okay, that was just lame.

oh please, may I?

killer_queen
01-07-2007, 02:55 PM
Sanni totally wins this thread.

JohnnyNemesis
01-07-2007, 02:57 PM
Somebody take Sanni up on her request. Please.

Nina
01-07-2007, 03:00 PM
What I consider a lot more lame is when people complain about phrases they dont like by calling them stupid. It doesnt automatically make it "stupid" because you dont like it.

Yeah, today is the day of trivial complaints!

Jakebert
01-07-2007, 03:13 PM
This thread is win.

I want to know why Dain was let off the hook for this massive bit of lameness.

Mota Boy
01-07-2007, 04:40 PM
Personally, I just hate the term "fail", along with "tryhard". I seriously just can't fathom why people feel the need to say that. If a thread is bad, either come up with a creative and/or interesting way to criticize it or just ignore it. Don't just run around going "fail!" as if some force has deemed you the arbiter of quality for the board.

noodlesfan
01-07-2007, 07:26 PM
I've got a list of phrases on my band's site: www.myspace.com/dtoxrockers

Acoustic1804
01-07-2007, 11:28 PM
I've got a list of phrases on my band's site: www.myspace.com/dtoxrockers

C'mon now, lets get a little more creative.

Llamas
01-07-2007, 11:35 PM
Why do you go into a chat room where everyone hates you and repeat 'Hi"?

This is a very valid point that zagmen chose to ignore.

saying "win" is full of win. saying "fail" is full of fail.

I really don't have an opinion on either, because who gives a fuck? lol at the idea that it's stupid to go in a thread just say "fail"... but that it's not stupid to make an ENTIRE THREAD about something you don't like. Why would you even write anything at all if you don't like it?

ninthlayer
01-08-2007, 12:05 AM
Personally, I just hate the term "fail", along with "tryhard".

Tryhard is a good adjective for certain members of this BBS, and you know it.

Mota Boy
01-08-2007, 12:28 AM
I really don't have an opinion on either, because who gives a fuck? lol at the idea that it's stupid to go in a thread just say "fail"... but that it's not stupid to make an ENTIRE THREAD about something you don't like. Why would you even write anything at all if you don't like it?Because part of the point I was making was not merely that it was negative, but that it's an uncreative, uninteresting form of negativity; if you're going to insult someone or something, you should at least try to be creative and/or interesting with it. In fact, I'm pretty sure I used those exact adjective in my first post. Also, do you really not see the difference between starting a discussion topic and insulting someone?

And Ninth - to be perfectly honest, I don't. I'm sure a large part of it comes from the way I read the forums - I skim through topics and skip over posts that look uninteresting, unconsciously filtering out much of the banal. I just don't see the point in going after people who aren't being intentionally annoying or combative. And I don't even know how I'd define the term or identify anyone acting in that manner.

Llamas
01-08-2007, 12:35 AM
Because part of the point I was making was not merely that it was negative, but that it's an uncreative, uninteresting form of negativity; if you're going to insult someone or something, you should at least try to be creative and/or interesting with it. In fact, I'm pretty sure I used those exact adjective in my first post. Also, do you really not see the difference between starting a discussion topic and insulting someone?
I wasn't referring to your post at ALL with mine... I was referring to the initial posting of this thread. I can understand the point of view of liking or disliking the use of "fail" or "tryhard"... my point was that, this guy is bitching about people making posts like "this thread fails", because he doesn't think it's logical to post at ALL if you don't like something. Well, he made an entire thread that said nothing more than, "I think these phrases suck". He might as well have said, "These phrases fail". Same thing, different words.

Nina
01-08-2007, 02:23 AM
It is honestly so weird to me to notice yet again that llamas is being completely misunderstood when it is even quite obvious to me that she didnt even mean Mota Boy (and I'm a slow thinker).
hmm.

killer_queen
01-08-2007, 03:23 AM
Tryhard is my favourite insult by far. It makes people so defensive and it's fun to watch them telling that they're not.
Personally, I find those who think in the "hey, everyone's calling Maria stupid cunt. if I do that they'll love me" way more annoying than lodat and people like him. Posting on GOD and mocking with people no reason, picking random threads and making one of those god thread of the week, insulting the ones who are not liked, using the inside jokes that came out when they weren't around are the things I call "trying hard" and the ones who do them automaticly become tryhard.

JohnnyNemesis
01-08-2007, 07:53 AM
It is honestly so weird to me to notice yet again that llamas is being completely misunderstood when it is even quite obvious to me that she didnt even mean Mota Boy (and I'm a slow thinker).

I wouldn't say it's obvious at all, considering about 99% of Mota Boy's threads are exaaaactly the king of thing she was talking about. Not only is it an easy mistake to make, but it's hard for me to buy that she's "being misunderstood" when she herself often admits that she has trouble communicating clearly and that's why these kinds of things come up.

Personally, I find those who think in the "hey, everyone's calling Maria stupid cunt. if I do that they'll love me" way more annoying than lodat and people like him.

I'm TOTALLY with you on this one. The ones I hate most are the Linda bashers who have no reason to even dislike her because she's never ever been mean to them; the ones that just jump on the bandwagon when they see the people she HAS had problems with being mean to her. It's just plain stupid.

Nina
01-08-2007, 10:06 AM
I wouldn't say it's obvious at all, considering about 99% of Mota Boy's threads are exaaaactly the king of thing she was talking about. Not only is it an easy mistake to make, but it's hard for me to buy that she's "being misunderstood" when she herself often admits that she has trouble communicating clearly and that's why these kinds of things come up.

Considering this thread alone, and the fact that Mota and llamas never talked about his threads before (which I assume they havent) it IS obvious she was talking about this specific thread. Also, I am quite sure she meant that there is a difference between blindly stating that you dont like something in a short thread (like this one) than making thread and explaining in detail (and in a witty and humorous way) why something bothers you, like Mota sometimes does. But why dont we ask her herself once she's back on?

She might admit that she has trouble communicating, and maybe she might, but I myself have noticed that people sometimes try to misunderstand her intentionally in order to start something with her. I dont mean Mota, but he made me notice it yet again.

I just really, wholeheartly disagree with you.

Mota Boy
01-08-2007, 01:25 PM
I didn't think she meant my threads in general, but my implied defense of this specific thread. That didn't prevent me from getting annoyed, however, at her for somewhat-haughtily attempting to dismantle my point by using poor logic.

Llamas
01-08-2007, 01:51 PM
Considering this thread alone, and the fact that Mota and llamas never talked about his threads before (which I assume they havent) it IS obvious she was talking about this specific thread. Also, I am quite sure she meant that there is a difference between blindly stating that you dont like something in a short thread (like this one) than making thread and explaining in detail (and in a witty and humorous way) why something bothers you, like Mota sometimes does. But why dont we ask her herself once she's back on?
I did, in fact, mean this particular thread, which I cleared up in my second post.

She might admit that she has trouble communicating, and maybe she might, but I myself have noticed that people sometimes try to misunderstand her intentionally in order to start something with her. I dont mean Mota, but he made me notice it yet again.
There are people here who seem to sometimes try to not understand me (not referring to Mota). In real life, I just feel like a lot of people straight up don't try to understand. As time goes on, I realize that there are people who NEVER have trouble understanding me, and then people who don't try for whatever reason get confused all the time.

I didn't think she meant my threads in general, but my implied defense of this specific thread. That didn't prevent me from getting annoyed, however, at her for somewhat-haughtily attempting to dismantle my point by using poor logic.
I definitely wasn't even remotely going against your point, though. Not at all. I was merely annoyed with the creator of this thread for being very hypocritical.

:-/ :-/ :-/

JohnnyNemesis
01-08-2007, 01:54 PM
Reading things over after Nina's point shows that I and others were wrong in this case. Bri was definitely talking about the creator of this thread, and it's a little more obvious but I still see where the misunderstanding came up.

But...people misunderstanding her on purpose? That's just the ultimate cop-out/run away from accountability. And there's nothing to be gained from misunderstanding someone on purpose.

Llamas
01-08-2007, 01:57 PM
It wasn't in this thread at all. But I believe it's happened before here. But let's just drop it. This thread has derailed enough.

Betty
01-08-2007, 06:41 PM
But...people misunderstanding her on purpose? That's just the ultimate cop-out/run away from accountability. And there's nothing to be gained from misunderstanding someone on purpose.

Hmmm... I can recall being accused of misunderstanding on purpose a little while ago. Seems Nina has a thing with that. (And I shouldn't bring it up, but it kinda annoyed me at the time).

But hindsight is 20/20. Once you've been explained the intended meaning of something, it seems like it should have been completely obvious once you read it again. But it isn't always crystal clear upon first read (and I assume most people don't read every post extremely critically when they are trying to scan a vast number of posts).

Nina
01-09-2007, 02:02 AM
Ugh Betty, seriously. You're very stupid if you believe that.
I can think of one person specificly who "misunderstood" her on purpose, I later found it out. I honestly wished you'd shut up if you dont know what you are talking about.

Llamas
01-09-2007, 02:34 AM
edit.

:-/ Nina is right, and I appreciate her defending me... but can we stop talking about me being misunderstood on the board? I really hate talking about it, and it bothers me that it's now become the topic of two threads in like the past month...

Nina
01-09-2007, 02:54 AM
Well, I dunno why people who have nothing to do with this just get here and accuse me of things that are untrue. How could I have ignored that?

ninthlayer
01-09-2007, 03:06 AM
Nina, sit on my face (plz).

Llamas, sometimes you talk about the weirdest off-topic shit in order to make a point (Note: Iowa is hilly). Go figure that people don't always understand what the fuck you're talking about.

Betty, Nina is like the nicest person ever and doesn't really fit the bill of someone that's like "LOLOLO, TYMEN2POINT FINGERZZZ!" Don't make her out to be otherwise, because she simply isn't.

Ricky, put yo' dick in my mouf.

Vera
01-09-2007, 03:27 AM
Dramarama. But this is not fun because willem hasn't slept with anybody involved. :(

JohnnyNemesis
01-09-2007, 05:40 AM
Nina, sit on my face (plz).

Llamas, sometimes you talk about the weirdest off-topic shit in order to make a point (Note: Iowa is hilly). Go figure that people don't always understand what the fuck you're talking about.

Betty, Nina is like the nicest person ever and doesn't really fit the bill of someone that's like "LOLOLO, TYMEN2POINT FINGERZZZ!" Don't make her out to be otherwise, because she simply isn't.

Ricky, put yo' dick in my mouf.

I completely endorse all four points made in this post, and will do my part to carry out the aforementioned requests.

Dramarama. But this is not fun because willem hasn't slept with anybody involved. :(

Seriously, Sanni, you're just too fucking good for me to handle sometimes <3

Sunny
01-09-2007, 07:36 AM
It's just dumb and stupid.

uh oh, guys, we've got an erudite on our hands!

i applaud your eloquence... moron.

the whole "misunderstanding things on purpose" thing makes my head hurt. wtf, guys?

Lithuanian Offspring
01-09-2007, 07:48 AM
Wow.. I've been gone a long time. I'm not up to the whole WIN FAIL shtuff.
L'me give it a try. Wieners Win!

mrconeman
01-09-2007, 07:55 AM
Fail .

Lithuanian Offspring
01-09-2007, 07:56 AM
Win...

s

Betty
01-09-2007, 07:16 PM
Sorry, I have to respond to this stuff...

All of the people on here that I get along with, like Nina. Nina is generally a sweetheart, to most people. But she makes her fair share of harsh, biting comments (maybe I find them particularly harsh because of the way they are expressed?). And more than a negligible amount of these comments have been directed at me. Naturally, I can't help but get my digs in back. It's hard to be extremely nice to somebody when you feel that they don't really like you and tend to disagree with many of the things you say. Her comment towards Mota in this thread was somewhat nasty, not in the "misunderstanding on purpose" context, but in the "oh my god, I can't believe you didn't understand, it was SO OBVIOUS" way. Then when Ricky brought up the misunderstanding thing, I couldn't help but respond due to past bitterness.

Anyway, point is, I'm not just starting shit to start shit. It's the product of a certain amount of previous interaction, which most people probably have not noticed. I think we are just the type of people that both won't hesitate to speak our minds and too often disagree, and there is a personality clash... or something.

And now I'm going to PM Nina.

JohnnyNemesis
01-09-2007, 08:39 PM
Also, I don't know if you're just referring to this thread, or a lot in the past...

What the--?!

It's the product of a certain amount of previous interaction, which most people probably have not noticed.

That answers that. But the post in this thread I agree with most is right here:

But let's just drop it.

sKratch
01-09-2007, 09:33 PM
And Ninth - to be perfectly honest, I don't. I'm sure a large part of it comes from the way I read the forums - I skim through topics and skip over posts that look uninteresting, unconsciously filtering out much of the banal. I just don't see the point in going after people who aren't being intentionally annoying or combative. And I don't even know how I'd define the term or identify anyone acting in that manner.

Sometimes I enter a thread and try to figure out how to word a reply that expresses very well what I mean to say. I find, generally, that it's much simpler to just look for a post by Mota Boy, because he does it for me.

HeadAroundU
01-10-2007, 12:32 PM
I really don't have an opinion on either, because who gives a fuck? lol at the idea that it's stupid to go in a thread just say "fail"... but that it's not stupid to make an ENTIRE THREAD about something you don't like. Why would you even write anything at all if you don't like it?
I hate this post with a passion. Contradiction, poor logic, well it's not logical at all. You should talk less and think 100 times before you'll post anything.

hmm.
Yeah, she didn't mean Mota Boy and it was aimed at a threadstarter, but she was unknowingly against Mota Boy's point. I'm not surprised that Mota replied to her.

There are people here who seem to sometimes try to not understand me (not referring to Mota). In real life, I just feel like a lot of people straight up don't try to understand. As time goes on, I realize that there are people who NEVER have trouble understanding me, and then people who don't try for whatever reason get confused all the time.
I definitely wasn't even remotely going against your point, though. Not at all. I was merely annoyed with the creator of this thread for being very hypocritical.
I did wrong when I tried to comprehend your post quoted above this quote.

People who never have trouble understand you are most probably dumb and people who are not trying to understend you are smart.

Threadstarter is not hypocrytical at all.

You were against Mota Boy's point. As you can see, you don't know about it.

I approve.

llamas, you can kill me now.

Llamas
01-10-2007, 12:36 PM
I hate this post with a passion. Contradiction, poor logic, well it's not logical at all. You should talk less and think 100 times before you'll post anything.

Yeah, she didn't mean Mota Boy and it was aimed at a threadstarter, but she was unknowingly against Mota Boy's point. I'm not surprised that Mota replied to her.

I did wrong when I tried to comprehend your post quoted above this quote.

People who never have trouble understand you are most probably dumb and people who are not trying to understend you are smart.

Threadstarter is not hypocrytical at all.

You were against Mota Boy's point. As you can see, you don't know about it.

I approve.

llamas, you can kill me now.

I was going to reply to this as to why you don't make sense (eg: my first post there isn't contradictory in any way), but instead, I will just quote myself, because people here seem to be morons who can't respect the wishes of the person they continue to talk about. If you have an issue with me or the subject matter at hand, please either keep it to yourself, or talk about it with someone through PM.

But let's just drop it. This thread has derailed enough.

but can we stop talking about me being misunderstood on the board? I really hate talking about it, and it bothers me that it's now become the topic of two threads in like the past month...

Paint_It_Black
01-10-2007, 01:02 PM
The ones I hate most are the Linda bashers who have no reason to even dislike her because she's never ever been mean to them; the ones that just jump on the bandwagon when they see the people she HAS had problems with being mean to her. It's just plain stupid.

Wait, are you implying the only valid reason for disliking someone is if they've been mean to you? When did you become a teenage girl, Ricky?

It's perfectly fine for new people to jump in for a variety of reasons. Like if they just can't stand to watch her ridiculous arguments and remain silent. You don't need to have a previous problem with someone to decide they are deserving of being shat on.

And on a different note:

This thread has far too much petty whining and bitching in it. It's indicative of why I don't come here much anymore.

Llamas
01-10-2007, 01:16 PM
Wait, are you implying the only valid reason for disliking someone is if they've been mean to you? When did you become a teenage girl, Ricky?

It's perfectly fine for new people to jump in for a variety of reasons. Like if they just can't stand to watch her ridiculous arguments and remain silent. You don't need to have a previous problem with someone to decide they are deserving of being shat on.
I hadn't noticed that before... I don't like zagmen, and he's never been mean to me. There are plenty of people that I don't like whom I've never had direct conversation with. I've never had Linda be mean to me, but she annoys me in nearly every post she makes. I think it's fair for me to not like her and such without her "being mean" to me.

And on a different note:

This thread has far too much petty whining and bitching in it. It's indicative of why I don't come here much anymore.
I wish I had your self control. :( I want to start coming here a lot less... I'm sure in a few weeks, once I'm in a new country, I'll be distracted and will spend much less time here. But I'm totally with you, Richard.

Sunny
01-10-2007, 01:26 PM

took the words right out of my mouth.

the_GoDdEsS
01-10-2007, 01:53 PM

Thirded. Oh God, it was like a collective PMS party. I'm still amazed it developed in a topic like this in the first place.

T-6005
01-10-2007, 02:35 PM
I am in definite agreement.

JohnnyNemesis
01-10-2007, 02:49 PM
Wait, are you implying the only valid reason for disliking someone is if they've been mean to you?

My bad, I should have been clearer. What I meant was that people jump in even when this:

Like if they just can't stand to watch her ridiculous arguments and remain silent.

Isn't even the case. People who start shit with her out of nowhere, then later admit that they were just going with the flow. I remember it happening at least three times and it all just made such little sense to me.

EDIT: Wait wait wait my friends...too much whining and bitching lately?! I know someone's going to reply to this by saying "B-b-b-b-but it's more lately!", but come ON people. I can only speak for the past two years I've been here, but pointless whining and bitching has always always ALWAYS been a staple of the board and has always been present in shocking abundance and in pretty much every thread from General Chat through Politics all the way up to General Offspring Discussion.

Whether it's being misunderstood (what people in this thread are concerned with), stupid racist babblings or whatever random thing happened during your day, the shit is a staple.

This thread needs more all around subjectivity. But I might be wrong.

Linda
01-10-2007, 05:20 PM
I've never had Linda be mean to me, but she annoys me in nearly every post she makes. I think it's fair for me to not like her and such without her "being mean" to me.

You quote just one post I made in the last month that annoys you and explain to me why it annoys you.

Llamas
01-10-2007, 05:21 PM
You quote just one post I made in the last month that annoys you and explain to me why it annoys you.

This annoys me because you actually expect me to sort through your past posts and figure out their contexts so I can determine why I was annoyed in the past.

Linda
01-10-2007, 05:34 PM
This annoys me because you actually expect me to sort through your past posts and figure out their contexts so I can determine why I was annoyed in the past.

You fail.

You're more annoying than I could ever think of being.

Paint_It_Black
01-10-2007, 07:25 PM
Wait wait wait my friends...too much whining and bitching lately?! I know someone's going to reply to this by saying "B-b-b-b-but it's more lately!", but come ON people. I can only speak for the past two years I've been here, but pointless whining and bitching has always always ALWAYS been a staple of the board and has always been present in shocking abundance and in pretty much every thread from General Chat through Politics all the way up to General Offspring Discussion.

Maybe so. But I've (yes subjectively) noticed more of it lately, and noticed less of what I feel to be more worthwhile content. I also have less patience for it than I used to, and that's perhaps the biggest thing for me. That's just my feelings on the matter though.

Oh dear Lord, Zagmeno just made me chuckle.

0r4ng3
01-10-2007, 07:32 PM
Fourth'd. This has been going on way too much recently.

killer_queen
01-11-2007, 12:10 PM
This is stupid. I'm still posting here and you can't stop coming here if I'm still posting.

by the way, the more you= the less drama so stop blaming the others and post like you used to do.

randman21
01-11-2007, 01:00 PM
Take it OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lolololololol

Paint_It_Black
01-11-2007, 03:46 PM
This is stupid. I'm still posting here and you can't stop coming here if I'm still posting.

Of course, why do you think I still post? I just don't post as much.