PDA

View Full Version : Bass

Zack
01-08-2007, 06:10 PM
Hey any bass players out there??? What is your style post pics of your Bass....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v722/rocker4/esp_stbc254.jpg

This is mine.....

Acoustic1804
01-08-2007, 06:38 PM
Bass Guitar is for quitters

RickyCrack
01-08-2007, 07:17 PM
It was a late night for Team Rocket and Jessie walked into her bedroom after a nice relaxing hot bath. She sat down in bed and flipped through the channel but couldn't find anything interesting to watch. Perhaps it was after primetime or that her eyes kept drifting off to the side of her bed in the night-stand where she kept her vibrator. Jessie couldn't resist the temptation as she closed her eyes and started feeling her self as she reached over towards the drawer. She could feel herself get wet, and then a flash of white light filled the room. Jessie lifted the blankets over her breasts and stared forward frozen solid and unable to move when she was greeted by a familiar sound. "Ekanssssssssss!"

Jessie clamped the blankets around her as the pokemon snake (ekans backwards, lol) slithered its way accross the bed post and underneath the sheets. Jessie's vagina started to become moist as she felt and cold scaley skin of the Ekans as it slithered its way slowly up her leg. She caught herself as she let out a yelp of joy and the Pokemon flicked its tongue against her clitoris. Her hips starting gyrating as she started to grab her own breasts and squeezing the nipples. Ekans wormed its tail upwards and Jessie felt the cold hard tip of the tail as it penetrated her. The Team Rocket member and the beast were grinding together until Jessie could take no more. She felt her cheeks blush as the overwhelming feeling of orgasm overtook her body. Ekans then used its new learned abily string shot and Jessie felt the warm goo inside of her and then her orgasm exploded, "Team Rocket is blasting off AGAIIIIINNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" she screamed as her body started to seizure in colvulsions of pleasure.

As the love fest neared it's end, Ekans slithered away back into its pokeball and Jessie watched the rest of House M.D.

It was a late night for Team Rocket and Jessie walked into her bedroom after a nice relaxing hot bath. She sat down in bed and flipped through the channel but couldn't find anything interesting to watch. Perhaps it was after primetime or that her eyes kept drifting off to the side of her bed in the night-stand where she kept her vibrator. Jessie couldn't resist the temptation as she closed her eyes and started feeling her self as she reached over towards the drawer. She could feel herself get wet, and then a flash of white light filled the room. Jessie lifted the blankets over her breasts and stared forward frozen solid and unable to move when she was greeted by a familiar sound. "Ekanssssssssss!"

Jessie clamped the blankets around her as the pokemon snake (ekans backwards, lol) slithered its way accross the bed post and underneath the sheets. Jessie's vagina started to become moist as she felt and cold scaley skin of the Ekans as it slithered its way slowly up her leg. She caught herself as she let out a yelp of joy and the Pokemon flicked its tongue against her clitoris. Her hips starting gyrating as she started to grab her own breasts and squeezing the nipples. Ekans wormed its tail upwards and Jessie felt the cold hard tip of the tail as it penetrated her. The Team Rocket member and the beast were grinding together until Jessie could take no more. She felt her cheeks blush as the overwhelming feeling of orgasm overtook her body. Ekans then used its new learned abily string shot and Jessie felt the warm goo inside of her and then her orgasm exploded, "Team Rocket is blasting off AGAIIIIINNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" she screamed as her body started to seizure in colvulsions of pleasure.

As the love fest neared it's end, Ekans slithered away back into its pokeball and Jessie watched the rest of House M.D.

DeAtHsTaR
01-08-2007, 07:47 PM
Bass Guitar is for quitters

You're a fucking idiot, go get hit by a bus.

I have two basses. An Ibanez SRX390 and a Dragonfire.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a89/dainbramage84/100_2697.jpg

Little_Miss_1565
01-08-2007, 08:28 PM
I play a Fender Jazz Bass. Black, like my soul. Rosewood fretboard, 22 frets, no active electronics, sounds totally fucking badass through my Hartke 2x15 cabinent. \m/

I also have a Dean Edge 1, 24 frets, kind of a pile so I keep it in my apartment to practice on.

Apathy
01-08-2007, 08:35 PM
I have an SRX 500, similar to the bass on the right that dain posted. I also have a shitty Fender Squire.

These right here are sexy and relatively cheap.
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a340/voyeur_photographer/AGB.jpg

Acoustic1804
01-08-2007, 09:13 PM
You're a fucking idiot, go get hit by a bus.

Don't get me wrong, I only have a bad opinion about bass guitars because all my friends who played guitar gave up on it and started playing bass because they were lazy and they wanted an easier "instrument".

I've also played a bass guitar, and it requires no talent at all, unless you are an experienced slap bass player. That's cool :) .

But apart from slap bass, it is boring, bland and no fun.

Little_Miss_1565
01-08-2007, 09:20 PM
Don't get me wrong, I only have a bad opinion about bass guitars because all my friends who played guitar gave up on it and started playing bass because they were lazy and they wanted an easier "instrument".

I've also played a bass guitar, and it requires no talent at all, unless you are an experienced slap bass player. That's cool :) .

Like anything, playing bass badly requires no talent at all. Playing guitar badly requires no talent at all. I played guitar for almost 10 years, and switched to bass because one of my favorite bands had an opening for a bass player. I'm still not very good but it's fucking hard because you really have to think about playing in a completely different way. Let's see you try and play some disco shit and come back and tell me it takes no talent. Ass clown.

T-6005
01-08-2007, 09:21 PM
I've been playing guitar for a few years, and sometimes there is nothing more entertaining than getting on a bass and just chilling out with a drummer and finding a groove. It's a seriously great experience that every guitarist should try and get through their heads instead of needlessly wanking to everything.

Maybe it's because I played bass for a few months before moving on to guitar, but I really, really love going back and just hammering out a groove for hours.

Acoustic1804, you're a real idiot if you underestimate the importance of bass.

EDIT - And I'd have posted what Little Miss said, but I figured I'd wait for a bass player to really tell you.

Acoustic1804
01-08-2007, 09:23 PM
C'mon guys! Stop saying I don't know the importance of bass. I just don't appreciate it or have fun playing it :)

JohnnyNemesis
01-08-2007, 09:23 PM
Underestimating the importance of bass is something I thought most people grew out of by now. It's the kind of thing you do when you're like, 12 years old or something, but by the time you're 12.5 years old you realize how wrong you were.

But what do I know, maybe I just didn't have enough friends who played bass badly to talk about it, amirite?

Little_Miss_1565
01-08-2007, 09:27 PM
C'mon guys! Stop saying I don't know the importance of bass. I just don't appreciate it or have fun playing it :)

Because you suck at it, I'll bet.

DeAtHsTaR
01-08-2007, 09:28 PM

But apart from slap bass, it is boring, bland and no fun.
You're still a fucking idiot, go get hit by a bus. Anything beyond root notes takes talent to sound good.

Acoustic1804
01-08-2007, 09:29 PM
You're still a fucking idiot, go get hit by a bus. Anything beyond root notes takes talent to sound good.

I'm an idiot because I don't enjoy playing bass guitar?

Edit: Sorry, I re-read what you quoted from me, and I'll pay that.

Llamas
01-08-2007, 11:19 PM
The only bass I've ever played was an upright, which I much prefer the sound of. (much like acoustic drum sets vs. electronic, I suppose.)

I assume a bass guitar is easier to play, though. I mean, I've held one and such but never actually played anything on one.

mrconeman
01-09-2007, 07:52 AM
I play guitar, and pretty much have the opportunity to play bass every other day, I do music in school and the guy I hang around with and jam with the most is a bassist, and about 4 of my close friends all play bass, so if I'm at one of their houses or anything I'll always take a go, for fun.

The whole "lol bassists are just bad guitarists" thing should die and rot in hell along with everyone who believes it.
It's kind of subjective as to whats a harder instrument to play, some people are naturally geared towards guitar, others to bass, but in terms of actual technique, I do stick by that guitar is a tad harder for the most part, but I mean, that's kind of a mainstream music thing, theres some bassists I've seen play who would put alot of guitarists to shame, slap bass is something I've tried and failed miserably at, as a guitarist. One of my friends does it very well, and it never ceases to impress/amaze me.

I have alot of respect for good bassists.

Little_Miss_1565
01-09-2007, 07:56 AM
The only bass I've ever played was an upright, which I much prefer the sound of. (much like acoustic drum sets vs. electronic, I suppose.)

I assume a bass guitar is easier to play, though. I mean, I've held one and such but never actually played anything on one.

Upright and electric are two completely different instruments, requiring completely different technique to play.

It's kind of subjective as to whats a harder instrument to play, some people are naturally geared towards guitar, others to bass, but in terms of actual technique, I do stick by that guitar is a tad harder for the most part

Guitar is so much easier than bass. Loads and loads easier. I say this from the point of view of a long-time guitarist who changed to bass. Shredding is just a technique learned like any other. You still have to know your scales on both instruments.

mrconeman
01-09-2007, 08:06 AM
Shredding (I hate that term) Isn't a technique, it's just a silly word made up by metal heads to refer to guitarists wanking around on the fretboard, usually the term denotes something to me, devoid of all musical worth, I hate the term. I wasn't referring to playing fast either.

I was thinking more on the overall technique, not just playing fast, I'm not that kind of player at all. Theres classical guitar to think about, slide guitar, blues guitar etc. But again, theres things alike on bass, I'll have to take your word on whats harder, you've done both, I haven't really.

DeAtHsTaR
01-09-2007, 08:22 AM
One thing about bass, you need strong fingers. Bass is NOT easy and it's much harder to play for hours on end than it is on guitar.

Harnum
01-09-2007, 11:55 AM
Slap Bass = AMAZING! It's pretty damn hard too. I played bass for a year September past. It's fuckin' fun. I love to rip out a sweet little riff. Sounds sick. But, my bass is shit and I dream of a Black Fender Jazz Bass. Oh, how I wish. I played one and they're awesome. Also, here's (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g08PTA9W93Y) a sweet little bass slapping and popping riff I found on YouTube. (Her accent isn't real by the way.) She's in that YouTube band, the Clipbandits. They're pretty good. I learned it and it's wicked fun. Here's (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SVd9dM5r0Q) a video to help you if you're interested.

killer_queen
01-09-2007, 01:04 PM
As a huge attention whore I have to admit, I've never understand people who play bass although they are talented. You can't play it on your own, you can't have concerts alone and generally people rarely notice the bass players. I might have a problem about wanting the all attention of cours but I'd like to act like I don't.

coke_a_holic
01-09-2007, 01:07 PM
This is my bass:

http://www.dec.state.ny.us/website/dfwmr/fish/fishspecs/rockbass.gif

C'mon someone had to do it.
EDIT: hahaha, the fact that it's a Rock Bass makes it even funnier.

But yeah, I've got a Squier Jazz Bass that I play on a lot, but I still pay more attention to my guitar. Bass is a lot of fun and people that say it sucks are part of the small group of people in the world whose opinions are fundamentally incorrect.

offspring dude
01-09-2007, 01:09 PM
. You can't play it on your own, you can't have concerts alone . .

Type Bass solo on youtube.

and generally people rarely notice the bass players

unfortunately very true

Nina
01-09-2007, 01:24 PM
I used to play the bass in a highschool girl band.
Shit.
I actually enjoy playing the bass guitar a lot more than the guitar. But currently I dont play anything, and havent played for like two years.

Llamas
01-09-2007, 02:05 PM
Upright and electric are two completely different instruments, requiring completely different technique to play.
Probably about as different as acoustic, classical, and electric guitars, I'm sure.

Gulsah, if you're a damn good bassist, you can be amazingly noticed. Take Flea from RHCP. Or I recently saw a funk band where the bassist was just nuts and totally stole the show. Sure, you can be a shitty guitarist or singer and be out in the front, which is too bad, but there's no reason that, if you're good at bass, you shouldn't be able to get as much attention as anyone else. It's just that too many bassists are average in rock bands.

coke_a_holic
01-09-2007, 02:33 PM
Probably about as different as acoustic, classical, and electric guitars, I'm sure.

Nah, there aren't any frets on stand-up basses, it's played with more sliding and stuff than regular bass guitars; they're much more difficult to play, in my opinion. Though, they're also a lot of fun.

T-6005
01-09-2007, 02:36 PM
Yeah. Well, that was ignorant.

Llamas
01-09-2007, 02:39 PM
Nah, there aren't any frets on stand-up basses, it's played with more sliding and stuff than regular bass guitars; they're much more difficult to play, in my opinion. Though, they're also a lot of fun.
Well, I am aware that there are no frets on an upright bass :P I guess I'm so used to it that I don't really pay attention to that. Frets seem like cheating to me, lol. I think sliding and such depends on what style of music you're playing, though, not on the instrument itself.

So you think that if someone can play upright bass and all three types of guitar, they should be able to play a bass guitar maybe?

Yeah. Well, that was ignorant.
Why ignorant?

T-6005
01-09-2007, 02:41 PM
Why ignorant?
Upright bass and bass are clearly two of the most different instruments with the same name. When we had the talk about the different types of guitar the only argument was based on the differences in the stylistic base of each of them. Whereas the basses are pretty obviously different.

Llamas
01-09-2007, 02:46 PM
Upright bass and bass are clearly two of the most different instruments with the same name. When we had the talk about the different types of guitar the only argument was based on the differences in the stylistic base of each of them. Whereas the basses are pretty obviously different.
Since I've never actually played a bass guitar, it wasn't clear to me. They look different, and they serve the same purpose in music. Other than that, it seems upright would be different because of how you hold it, the fact that you can use a bow if you want, and there are not frets (which I hadn't thought about, and the only big difference about having frets is that you can see where to put your finger...). Oh, and uprights sound a hell of a lot better. :p

Also, I would say that an english Horn is by far more different than a standard Horn than an upright bass is from an electric, but that's really not that important.

DeAtHsTaR
01-09-2007, 04:59 PM
You can't play it on your own, you can't have concerts alone.

Ever heard of Victor Wooten? Billy Sheehan?

and generally people rarely notice the bass players. I might have a problem about wanting the all attention of cours but I'd like to act like I don't

That's because too many of them try to stick to the bassist stereotype of standing over by the drumset gazing at their shoes. I'm the type that jumps around, and I sing. So people will notice me.

Llamas
01-09-2007, 05:07 PM
Oh yeah, Gulsah, I've seen plenty of solo bass performances. I have friends who are majoring in bass performance, and they put on amazing recitals.

Apathy
01-09-2007, 05:44 PM
That's because too many of them try to stick to the bassist stereotype of standing over by the drumset gazing at their shoes. I'm the type that jumps around, and I sing. So people will notice me.

In addition to this, a good bass player is noticed.

Take Flea for instance. He doesn't sing or anything, but he's still one of the more well known people in his band simply because he's talented and has an exciting personality.

I've been playing bass for about three and a half years, had lessons for two.

I'm not an expert on a regular guitar, so this is merely an opinion, but I think bass is much harder than guitar. It's easier to get started playing it, as most mainstream bands have very simple basslines that still sound decent.

However the bass has many different styles and techniques; all very different from each other, and it is difficult to master them all. Because of this, I Believe it is harder to become a good bassist than a good guitarist.

T-6005
01-09-2007, 06:18 PM
Apathy, I think you're guilty of making the same mistake about bass as a bass guitar player as guitar players are about bass.

The guitar is an unbelievably easy instrument to learn. But learning to do certain things and use certain techniques is unbelievably difficult, since for a lot of the time it's based on both technique and feel. A good vibrato, for example, is a rare thing for a reason. And blues guitar is a difficult field for the same reason. It's based on feeling but there's something inherently difficult about the technique required to express yourself that's crazy. If can ever build a decent blues solo with some feeling to it, I'll be more proud than I can possibly express.

And I don't mean shredding. Anyone can learn to play fast and arpeggios. It's mostly disregarded by any guitarist worth his salt, or who has a proper appreciation for the instrument he holds in his hands.

Apathy
01-09-2007, 06:41 PM
Apathy, I think you're guilty of making the same mistake about bass as a bass guitar player as guitar players are about bass.

I think that too.

Seems to me that anyone who prefers bass is going to think that it is more difficult, and vice versa.

Professor Chaos
01-09-2007, 07:03 PM
I've been playing bass for a few years now, and recently, I started on the guitar as well. I can safely say that for me, personally, guitar is a hell of a lot harder than bass. But that might be due to the fact that I've been playing bass for years, and guitar for... months. So, I guess I'm an exception, I love playing bass, but I'll admit that guitar's more challenging.

I prefer bass, because it's more fun to hold a groove with a drummer, and just jam...And I don't fuck up all the time and hit the wrong strings.

mrconeman
01-10-2007, 09:09 AM
A good vibrato, for example, is a rare thing for a reason. And blues guitar is a difficult field for the same reason. It's based on feeling but there's something inherently difficult about the technique required to express yourself that's crazy. If can ever build a decent blues solo with some feeling to it, I'll be more proud than I can possibly express.

And I don't mean shredding. Anyone can learn to play fast and arpeggios. It's mostly disregarded by any guitarist worth his salt, or who has a proper appreciation for the instrument he holds in his hands.

<3....<3....<33333333333333

Zack
01-31-2007, 08:55 PM
The reason i play bass really first is because it's fun and i love the sound....And everybody plays guitar and i mean everybody...........Dont get me wrong i can play guitar too....so really why not play bass....it's really not as easy as everybody thinks