PDA

View Full Version : About Women

Nina
01-11-2007, 05:53 AM
If you see a shower gel that is called "about women", and
- it doesnt say for which gender it is
- you cant smell it to decide yourself
would you think it's for men, women, or unisex?

On a completely different note, I heard that in most American dialects, the word "okay" is pronounced "mkay" (not in relation to the exaggeration in South Park). True/False?

Bazza
01-11-2007, 05:56 AM
I would assume it's for women, though the colour of the bottle might have an effect (blue or pink etc.)

On the topic of "About Women" why is it that it takes half an hour for women to decide what shoes to wear and then they moan that their feet hurt after walking for half hour?

Nina
01-11-2007, 05:58 AM
The bottle was blue!

I wish I had that problem you just explained, Bazza. I only own like three pair of wearable shoes, of which I cant wear one pair when it rains. haha.

Sunny
01-11-2007, 06:00 AM
i'd look at the packaging, cause i'm a nerdface. yknow, colors, font, whatever. then i'd be like *wtf*. i'd guess it's for girls, cause... why would a dude want to use shower gel called "about women"?

....i guess maybe if using the gel miraculously gave him a deep understanding and knowledge "about women"... but i somehow doubt that's the case. ;p

i say "mkay" or "oooooh-kay", depending on the context. lol@me.

Bazza
01-11-2007, 06:01 AM
Now that's interesting a blue bottle, it could be read as being aimed at men to get the ladies, a bit like the lynx(axe) effect.

My gf has about 40pairs and it seems that none of them are suitable for anything. She'll buy a pair of black boots, for example, wear them once but never again because they hurt her feet, thus giving her an excuse to buy some more.

Nina
01-11-2007, 06:02 AM
i'd look at the packaging, cause i'm a nerdface. yknow, colors, font, whatever. then i'd be like *wtf*. i'd guess it's for girls, cause... why would a dude want to use shower gel called "about women"?

That's what confused me about it. I never had a typography class or anything, but the font looked like it was supposed to speak to males. And the bottle was blue, and looked rough. It made me go wtf a lot.

So, is mkay a common way of saying it?

Nina
01-11-2007, 06:04 AM
My gf has about 40pairs and it seems that none of them are suitable for anything. She'll buy a pair of black boots, for example, wear them once but never again because they hurt her feet, thus giving her an excuse to buy some more.

aww, hehe.
It's not in my business but maybe she should invest in one, two or three good pairs instead of having 40 pairs that are bad quality. Good quality shoes wont hurt your feet unless they just plain suck (does happen), or are too small.
Still envious of her, tho! I wonder how she stores all of them.

killer_queen
01-11-2007, 06:05 AM
If you can't tell it by the smell it doesn't matter, does it? I mean, they don't add anything different in men shower gels. It won't make you grow hair on all over your body. But I agree with Sunny, no men would like to use something called about women.

It's not in my business but maybe she should invest in one, two or three good pairs instead of having 40 pairs that are bad quality. Good quality shoes wont hurt your feet unless they just plain suck (does happen), or are too small.
Totally agreed. But sometimes you can see tons of exceptions. Cheap and good quality stuff makes me happy more than everything.

Nina
01-11-2007, 06:06 AM
If you can't tell it by the smell it doesn't matter, does it?

The bottle was wrapped, I couldnt test it :] That's what I meant with "you cant test how it smells".

Sunny
01-11-2007, 06:08 AM
who makes it? maybe "about women" was just bad english... if it's indeed for guys. some polish companies use totally screwy english on their packaging. full of lolz!

what kinda blue was it? baby blue or more like.. royal blue or navy? i'm puzzled now!

re: mkay thing... i think it's pretty common. i know charlie and two of my best friends say "mkay"... i never paid much attention to other people's ok's. hehe. maybe i should! =p

Bazza
01-11-2007, 06:09 AM
aww, hehe.
Still envious of her, tho! I wonder how she stores all of them.

She works part-time in a shoe shop so gets good discounts on farily expensive shoes, I think she doesn't give them enough time to wear in.
Storage is mad, her room is littered with shoe boxes, and she has a cupboard dedicated to shoes.

I agree with having just a couple of pairs of decent shoes, that's what most males do, I have one pair of trainers and one pair of work shoes and that's all I need! :D

killer_queen
01-11-2007, 06:09 AM
The bottle was wrapped, I couldnt test it :] That's what I meant with "you cant test how it smells".
Ugh. Stupid me :(

Sunny
01-11-2007, 06:13 AM
I agree with having just a couple of pairs of decent shoes, that's what most males do, I have one pair of trainers and one pair of work shoes and that's all I need! :D

dude, how do you manage?

i guess i live with a man who's LOOOVES his shoes... so this is totally weird to me.

anyway, Ninaaa... is this the product?

http://www.schoenau-drogerie.ch/Shop/289.jpg

cause if so, i'd say it's 100% for girls. hm.

Nina
01-11-2007, 06:15 AM
Sunny - I think it was quite a famous brand, but I forgot. So I googled it and it was Bruno Banani. I also googled pictures and the bottle was shown babyblue, but I am 100% sure the bottle I saw was royal blue. LAME.
It also said it's for women, and that it costs 14€. I saw the other bottle for 2,50€, hahahaha. Rip-off? Doubt it, because it was a famous drugstore in my city. wtf.

Bazza - I completely agree with you! I have a pair of black boots, a pair of Puma sneakers, and a pair of soft (cotton) flats. The rest sucks and is unwearable and I am selling them all.

Edit: OH, Sunny, you figured it out yourself, haha. Yeah that it, but believe me, the bottle didnt look like that at all, and had no pink added to it. and cost 2,50. :/

Sunny
01-11-2007, 06:18 AM
so weird. eeeeee. maybe what you saw was "About Women" for men? lolz.

the bottle in the pic looks feminine cause it's a little... tiffany blue-ish (might be the pic though). ahah. i can't believe i just said "tiffany blue". shoot me.

Bazza
01-11-2007, 06:21 AM
From the pic it looks like ladies shower gel.

Sunny: I cope easily, my shoes I wear for work and going to restaurants/clubs where shoes are stipulated. The trainers I wear for everything else. I do have an old pair of trainers for sports and stuff, but they're a bit wrecked.

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o320/bazza1987/STA60001-2.jpg

Nina
01-11-2007, 06:22 AM
I've never heard of tiffany blue before. Is it darker than baby-blue?

ALSO, I REALLY NEED TO SAY SOMETHING:
i wanted to buy a pair of cute flats yesterday but they didnt have any. I'm really pissy because I can never find cute shoes, and when I order them they end up being too big or too small, but either way, never true to size.
H8.

Bazzaaaaa! clean your shoesiez!

Sunny
01-11-2007, 06:25 AM
tiffany blue is the color of the tiffany box. it's light aqua.

http://www.tiffany.com/ , it's in the flash animation.

regarding shoe sizes: i am truly amazed by how much my size varies. i apparently go from being a size 5.5 to being a size 8, which weirds the HELL out of me. same happens to me in european sizes. WTF.

Bazza
01-11-2007, 06:26 AM
Bazzaaaaa! clean your shoesiez!

Hehe, I went to work last night and haven't got round to polishing them yet. Also I can't get the muck off my trainers, they got a bit wrecked at a gig, any suggestions as to how to clean them? (the trainers that is, I know how to polish shoes!)

Sunny
01-11-2007, 06:28 AM
suede cleaning spray, the kind that comes with a little brushie? (if they're suede... they look like it)

Bazza
01-11-2007, 06:31 AM
Everyone says they're suede, but on the tag it says leather, but then it feels slightly furry. I really like these trainers though, they're the first decent pair I've had, so that's why I'm holding onto them and not replacing them.

darea
01-11-2007, 06:33 AM
She works part-time in a shoe shop so gets good discounts on farily expensive shoes, I think she doesn't give them enough time to wear in.
Storage is mad, her room is littered with shoe boxes, and she has a cupboard dedicated to shoes.

lol my ex boyfriend has like 100 different pairs of shoes, because each pair of shoes went with a certain kind of clothing... so his shoes litered MY cupboard it was so annoying... he was the "chav" type guy I guess... dont really know what a chav is....but its like he only wears burberry, versace and all that kinda stuff making everyone think he was rich when he was actually working at mcdonalds... oh well...

Sunny
01-11-2007, 06:36 AM
Everyone says they're suede, but on the tag it says leather, but then it feels slightly furry. I really like these trainers though, they're the first decent pair I've had, so that's why I'm holding onto them and not replacing them.

suede IS leather. it says "genuine leather upper" on all my suede boots. =p

and your shoes *are* nice, i like them a lot (for guys' shoes) =p

Nina
01-11-2007, 06:37 AM
regarding shoe sizes: i am truly amazed by how much my size varies. i apparently go from being a size 5.5 to being a size 8, which weirds the HELL out of me. same happens to me in european sizes. WTF.

So weird to hear. I dont have that at all anymore. I'm always a size 37.5 in shoes, when it varies it either means it's a 37 or a 38, which probably makes sense in my case.

I dunno what size 8 means but it sounds huge for women, and I'm certain you dont have huge feet. Idiots! Sizes are there for a reason!
What european size do you have?
P.S. are you currently in Europe?

Bazza
01-11-2007, 06:37 AM
A man with more than 10pairs of shoes must have a problem (in my opinion).

Here's a chav:
http://captain-sham.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/chav.jpg

Also known as the scourge of Britain.

Tizzalicious
01-11-2007, 06:41 AM
I'd say it's for women too. But I don't know. We had this guy-shower gel here that Per couldn't use because his skin is to delicate (lolz), so I used it, heehee.

Nina, sorry I didn't reply to your mails yet, I went off to write letters (there's a HUGE pile), I will reply when I get back from the hairdresser, k? Gonna go there now, which me luck! :o

Sunny
01-11-2007, 06:41 AM
So weird to hear. I dont have that at all anymore. I'm always a size 37.5 in shoes, when it varies it either means it's a 37 or a 38, which probably makes sense in my case.

I dunno what size 8 means but it sounds huge for women, and I'm certain you dont have huge feet. Idiots! Sizes are there for a reason!
What european size do you have?
P.S. are you currently in Europe?

yes i am. :] and uh... usually 36. recently bought two pairs of 36 shoes... but according to some brands i'm 36.5, 37, 38. yeah. killmenow. :/

Sunny
01-11-2007, 06:42 AM

pshhh, i strongly disagree. =p

darea
01-11-2007, 06:44 AM

Here's a chav:
http://captain-sham.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/chav.jpg

Also known as the scourge of Britain.

lol well yeah the guy wants to be president of his country : gabon in central africa... so yeah he definatly has a problem...lol

Bazza
01-11-2007, 06:46 AM
It seems excessive to me, I don't know any guys with that many shoes. The closest is my housemate who has about 8pairs, and we all think that's excessive!

I guess I just see shoes as a necessity and not as a fashion item (I really don't care for fashion).

darea
01-11-2007, 06:51 AM
yeah I dont care for fashion either, I just wear what I like and don't give a fuck about what other people think... there are just guys who are as worse as girls when it comes to clothing..and they can be a pain in the ass..

Sunny
01-11-2007, 06:52 AM
i dunno, i know tons of guys who have like.. 15 pairs of shoes and up. but yeah, it's guys who do care about fashion, so...

Nina
01-11-2007, 07:34 AM
I just wear what I like and don't give a fuck about what other people think...

Not trying to offend you too badly, but then you prolly dont wear nice or flattering clothing ;P

darea
01-11-2007, 07:46 AM
lol no offence, I do wear nice and flattering clothing now....but a lot of what I used to wear before was nice but not always flattering....

Nina
01-11-2007, 07:48 AM
That's good then :]
I hate trends for that fact...it makes people wear clothes that simply dont flatter them.

darea
01-11-2007, 07:51 AM
yeah well don't worry, I dont follow trends but I do wear flattering stuff

el_monkey
01-11-2007, 07:53 AM
to that shower gel thingything:

I wouldn't buy it. not because I was not sure, wether it was for men or women, but for the reason that most of the employees that work at the cash desk (in the drugstores in my region) are not blessed with too much intelligence, so that they would consider this gel as one for women, since it has the word "women" on it and then throw queer looks at me...(as if I was queer)

Little_Miss_1565
01-11-2007, 07:54 AM
On a completely different note, I heard that in most American dialects, the word "okay" is pronounced "mkay" (not in relation to the exaggeration in South Park). True/False?

THe "mmmkay" is mainly a hick thing, that's why it's exaggerated the way it is in South Park.

Nina
01-11-2007, 08:01 AM
So, you mean people who live in the center dont say it like that? Sorry if that's a retarded question. I'm just trying to understand, cause German dialects work differently I believe.

el_monkey - The EXACT same thing happened to me! I asked an employee who just stopped there and stared at me, and she was convinced it was for women. I asked why, and she said "because the word women is written on there". ohkay, whatever.

sKratch
01-11-2007, 08:20 AM
I don't believe I ever pronounce it mmkay. oh-kay all the way.

JohnnyNemesis
01-11-2007, 08:57 AM
On a completely different note, I heard that in most American dialects, the word "okay" is pronounced "mkay".

Not most, but many, yeah. Definitely true. People barely notice it.

T-6005
01-11-2007, 09:14 AM
Oh-kay if I do say it. Generally it comes out as "mhm."

JohnnyNemesis
01-11-2007, 09:17 AM
I'm more of an "uh-huh" guy myself, but I constantly let out those Group-X style "ohhchkay" (as in "ohhchkay, that is a sweet lookin' Earth you might say), etc.

0r4ng3
01-11-2007, 10:01 AM
I say "all righty then". I was a big Ace Ventura fan back in the day, and the phrase stuck with me.

Rag Doll
01-11-2007, 03:06 PM
i've never said "mkay" except mocking something/someone. i tend to be an "mhm" or an "uhhhhhhkay" person myself. ;p

Llamas
01-11-2007, 03:46 PM
Lots of things to comment on here!

People do say "mkay", but the m isn't really pronounced. Maybe in the south, like I think 1565 said, people pronounce the m... but here, it feels like part of language evolution. I mean, because it's unnatural to start a word with the "o" sound, and it's more natural to start it with a closed-mouth sound. Personally, if I say the word at all, I just say "k", and I think most people around here do, too. Mostly, I say "alright". That's my word of choice. :)

On the topic of "About Women" why is it that it takes half an hour for women to decide what shoes to wear and then they moan that their feet hurt after walking for half hour?
Because the women who do that are whiny and spoiled.

http://www.schoenau-drogerie.ch/Shop/289.jpg
If that was it, I'd say there's no doubt it's for women... but then I read on about what Nina said. Also, I HATTTTE products that sit on their caps. Bah.

I hate that, too. I guess it's because shoe shapes are so variant, that it's really hard to make a size unanimous across all shoes. Someone just needs to set a hard standard as to what an 8 is, or what a 6 is.

8 is "normal" sized feet for a girl. 6 is slightly small, 10 is big. Most people I think don't range outside 6-10 usually. But my normal shoe size is 8... but I often have to buy 7s and sometimes 6 1/2s cause the sizes are fucked up.

Not trying to offend you too badly, but then you prolly dont wear nice or flattering clothing ;P
I greatly disagree with this, and it could easily be taken as offensive. If you dress to please yourself, you are dressing nice and flattering clothes. I dress to please myself, and when I dress nicely, it's because I like how I look. I can back this up by saying I dress nicely on days nobody sees me. Sure, the occasional compliment is nice, but I only dress up either to fit a standard when I go to a certain bar, or to a certain party... or to match my own standards for that day. I honestly do not dress to impress other people, and I don't wear crappy unflattering clothes.

Sunny
01-11-2007, 04:16 PM
I hate that, too. I guess it's because shoe shapes are so variant, that it's really hard to make a size unanimous across all shoes. Someone just needs to set a hard standard as to what an 8 is, or what a 6 is.

i wish they would. it really sucks ordering shoes online. rarrr :/

i hate shoe shopping because of the size thing. that's why i live in my uggs..eh.. :/

0r4ng3
01-11-2007, 04:20 PM
Well, if it's called about women, then yea. It's definitely gonna be for women.
Well, no, because it's "about women", not "for women".

Harnum
01-11-2007, 04:23 PM
I would think it is for a woman though. Does seem kinda odd for a man to use a product called about women. =\ On another note, here's a woman falling down some stairs!

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i298/harnum721/caption.gif

Harnum
01-11-2007, 04:26 PM
Why is red and black associated with men? You're a dipshit.

Llamas
01-11-2007, 04:27 PM
i wish they would. it really sucks ordering shoes online. rarrr :/

i hate shoe shopping because of the size thing. that's why i live in my uggs..eh.. :/

I like shoe shopping... but I don't order shoes online. I don't buy any clothes online because of fitting. I do all that shopping in person.

Harnum
01-11-2007, 04:31 PM
Duh, Gothic Chicks! No, but seriously. I wouldn't be able to see any brand of shower gel being black and red in color. =\

Llamas
01-11-2007, 04:32 PM
I do see a lot of red and black men's products.
http://www.martiniboys.com/files/190/redzone.jpg

Nina
01-11-2007, 04:34 PM
I am slightly confused about the sizing thing Sunny said, though.

I have always chosen my shoes based on this site, and it was correct

http://www.usatourist.com/english/tips/sizes.html

by that, I am a 6. And a straight 7 would mean 39. And I always thought that was correct. Sizing sucks :(

Brianna - what I meant to say is that I KNOW it is offensive, but that I didnt want the person to think that I mean it as offensive as it sounds. I said it beforehand..
Also, I think there is a difference between stating that you like how you dress and dont necessarily care for what other people say, to when you say "I dont give a fuck about others". Experience has told me that such girls (I cant speak for guys) usually wear unflattering clothing.

Llamas
01-11-2007, 04:39 PM
I am slightly confused about the sizing thing Sunny said, though.

I have always chosen my shoes based on this site, and it was correct

http://www.usatourist.com/english/tips/sizes.html

by that, I am a 6. And a straight 7 would mean 39. And I always thought that was correct. Sizing sucks :(
I think what you're referring to is Sunny's talking about sizes always being different. You need to try on shoes in order to find out if they fit. I'm usually an 8, but sometimes 8s don't fit me, and some 6s will... it's just illogical. I think that's what you were talking about.

Brianna - what I meant to say is that I KNOW it is offensive, but that I didnt want the person to think that I mean it as offensive as it sounds. I said it beforehand..
Also, I think there is a difference between stating that you like how you dress and dont necessarily care for what other people say, to when you say "I dont give a fuck about others". Experience has told me that such girls (I cant speak for guys) usually wear unflattering clothing.
I see. You could be right. I've never known people who said that in such a way I guess, haha.

And, I know you said "not trying to offend you too badly", but I was just trying to say that telling people you don't mean offense... doesn't really usually make the comment less offensive, you know?

Sunny
01-11-2007, 04:40 PM
nina, that size thing doesn't seem right to me. especially not clothes-wise :/

there is absolutely no way size 34 is the same as size 4. at this rate, size 4 is way big on me... while size 34 fits just right (i get 36 on occassion, but still). i'd say 34 is a size 0-2, which happens to be my size range in most American brands i buy.

Why is red and black associated with men? You're a dipshit.

how is it ever NOT?

Bazza
01-11-2007, 04:41 PM
From a male point of view; I don't care for fashion I just have lots of t-shirts that are plain in normal colours (black, white, brown, yellow etc), but it works alright (I think).

Nina
01-11-2007, 04:49 PM
there is absolutely no way size 34 is the same as size 4. at this rate, size 4 is way big on me... while size 34 fits just right (i get 36 on occassion, but still). i'd say 34 is a size 0-2, which happens to be my size range in most American brands i buy.

I really agree! The clothing is off, but I think that nobody ever sees that. In all H&M shirts it says "EURO 34, US 4". It is not correct, but that's how it's written in Europe :/ Dunno about clothes that one actually buys in America!

But the shoes I dont think are off. I bought shoes in 37 that were a little too tight for me (usually wear 37.5 as you know), so I gave them to RagDoll, whose shoe size is a definite 5. You know?

Edit: When I am a size 32/34, does that mean I am a 0/2? I thought that 0 = XXS....all those skinny models have 0. o.0

Llamas
01-11-2007, 04:51 PM
Okay, apparently I got completely lost with this conversation. Haha. :(

Nina
01-11-2007, 04:53 PM
That's okay, you couldnt have known ;P

Harnum
01-11-2007, 04:54 PM
how is it ever NOT?

Ok, maybe that was a dumbass-ed post by me. What I meant was... Actually I don't know what I meant. Ugh, I'm an idiot...

Llamas
01-11-2007, 04:54 PM
Yeah, I think you're talking about some crazy European stuff that I wouldn't understand. I'm so uncultured. :p

Sunny
01-11-2007, 05:19 PM
I really agree! The clothing is off, but I think that nobody ever sees that. In all H&M shirts it says "EURO 34, US 4". It is not correct, but that's how it's written in Europe :/ Dunno about clothes that one actually buys in America!

But the shoes I dont think are off. I bought shoes in 37 that were a little too tight for me (usually wear 37.5 as you know), so I gave them to RagDoll, whose shoe size is a definite 5. You know?

Edit: When I am a size 32/34, does that mean I am a 0/2? I thought that 0 = XXS....all those skinny models have 0. o.0

i am thoroughly confused about the shoes then. i just went on the Jimmy Choo site (i consider him an authority on shoes, lol) and the site claims that size 6 = european 36, 7 is 37, etc. CONFUSION ENSUES. but i still would sell my soul for jimmy choos. in the right size of course. whatever.

and yeah, you probably are! :) 0=XS, 2=S. i'm mainly an XS in tops (hello, no tits) and an S in pants (although there are exceptions).

whatever. bodies are weird. it's hard to get things to fit them right. :/

Bazza
01-11-2007, 05:27 PM
http://www.i18nguy.com/l10n/shoes.html

An amazing table to solve your shoe size woes.

Nina
01-11-2007, 05:28 PM
Hm, I think it's the europeans that fuck up the sizes, tho...cause sometimes even a 34 is too big on me, which should be impossible. But in the US the sizes seem to be correct.
I wish I was a 2 in pants o.0 big booty y'all. I got REALLY excited when I wanted to buy a skirt and I naturally picked 38 out but it turned out to be too big. That's rare but it made me go WTF YAY OMG. It's sad :(

Nina
01-11-2007, 05:28 PM
http://www.i18nguy.com/l10n/shoes.html

An amazing table to solve your shoe size woes.

Yeah, another page I use! It's in my favorites.

Sunny
01-11-2007, 05:35 PM
I wish I was a 2 in pants o.0 big booty y'all. I got REALLY excited when I wanted to buy a skirt and I naturally picked 38 out but it turned out to be too big. That's rare but it made me go WTF YAY OMG. It's sad :(

it may be sad, but not quite AS sad as me doing a happy dance in the AP dressing room cause i entirely filled out their unpadded B cup. LOL@me!

eh. as i said... bodies are funny things.

JohnnyNemesis
01-11-2007, 05:37 PM
Ew, you need breast reduction :(

(grlz r gros)

Sunny
01-11-2007, 05:40 PM
*tapes boobz down*

fag. :(