PDA

View Full Version : Did you ever attempt to cut your own hair?

Tizzalicious
01-12-2007, 01:39 PM
And did you succeed?

I got extremely sick of my hair, and I needed a change desperately. I had my hairdresser appointment ready, I sat in the chair...and then it turned out the hairdresser didn't speak English, so she didn't want to help me. Stupid Danes.

Anyway, I got so frustrated that I just decided to cut my own bangs. HELLO STUPIDEST THING I EVER DID! This totally beats booking a flight to Canada on a different date than Per's.

In short: I am an idiot and I look terrible.

Rag Doll
01-12-2007, 01:45 PM
oh Tizz =\. last time i did that, i was like 6. one of my best friends is a hairdresser, so i just make her do it for me. she's been cutting my hair since halfway through high school.

Tizzalicious
01-12-2007, 01:46 PM
I need a hairdresser friend :(

Actually, it might not be ALL that bad, I think I cut too far to the sides, so I need some plain hairclips I can use to pin that away, and then it might even be nice. I hope. But oh man, I'm not doing this again. Maybe I can find an affordable hairdresser to fix it for me. Too bad those seem to be rare here :(

Stranger With Candy
01-12-2007, 01:47 PM
I shaved my head once. It turned out relly bad, so i had to wear a hat the whole summer.

JohnnyNemesis
01-12-2007, 01:47 PM
Sorry to hear about it, Tizz. Find solace in the fact that your face is beautiful so there's really no way you look that bad. I'm serious.

I think we've all done impulsive things like that and end up regret it. I've never cut my own hair, but I've had tons of bad haircuts because...well, let's just say that I didn't realize that the cultural differences between barber shops stretched beyond just the clientele until I got one from an old white Italian dude here in Poughkeepsie. Oh god, the things he did to me :(

Tizzalicious
01-12-2007, 01:48 PM
Sorry to hear about it, Tizz. Find solace in the fact that your face is beautiful so there's really no way you look that bad. I'm serious.

I think we've all done impulsive things like that and end up regret it. I've never cut my own hair, but I've had tons of bad haircuts because...well, let's just say that I didn't realize that the cultural differences between barber shops stretched beyond just the clientele until I got one from an old white Italian dude here in Poughkeepsie. Oh god, the things he did to me :(

<3

Haha, I ALWAYS hate my haircut when I went to the hairdresser though, so I guess maybe it isn't much different now. I should just find comfort in that...I would have hated any new haircut, either by me OR by someone else.

sKratch
01-12-2007, 01:51 PM
well, let's just say that I didn't realize that the cultural differences between barber shops stretched beyond just the clientele until I got one from an old white Italian dude here in Poughkeepsie. Oh god, the things he did to me :(

I'm still scared of getting haircuts at school... I've only done it once and it wasn't horrible but it was definitely a weeeiird experience. The hairdresser was really awkward and I could tell she was dumb as a brick.

Anyways, I've never cut my own hair, but I had a friend cut it last fall and it didn't turn out excellent.

killer_queen
01-12-2007, 01:54 PM
Awww, I'm sorry Tizz. I know what it's like to have a bad hair cut. Of course I've never cut my own hair, I'm not tha crazy but I had lots of terrible hairdressers.

Anyway, the last time you had a hair cut you whined about how ugly it was and I think it was very cute. I'm sure it doesn't look good. Tomorrow take Per with you to the hairdresser and let him translate.

Oh, and if it's too bad stay away from the mirrors.

mrconeman
01-12-2007, 01:55 PM
I haven't ever done it myself, no. But a friend of mine tried to give himself a mohawk, oh the hilarity that ensued.

http://s56.photobucket.com/albums/g165/mrconeman/?action=view&current=mohawks.jpg
He actually thought it looked good enough to not hide away forever, and to take a picture, AND to put it on the internet. My annotation, but you get the point.

Tizzalicious
01-12-2007, 01:56 PM
Anyway, the last time you had a hair cut you whined about how ugly it was and I think it was very cute. I'm sure it doesn't look good. Tomorrow take Per with you to the hairdresser and let him translate.

Oh, and if it's too bad stay away from the mirrors.

It was actually that same haircut that made me do this :P So I guess it's an improvement? I still didn't like the other cut!

Tijs
01-12-2007, 01:57 PM
I did it once in class when I was about 11, the teacher send me away when she saw me cutting my own hair...

Tizzalicious
01-12-2007, 01:58 PM
Tsk, teachers. They should be happy, nowadays they have to deal with kids cutting their own wrists.

Llamas
01-12-2007, 02:06 PM
My last haircut was $45. But I had a coupon for a free cut, so it was really $5 (for tip). :) Normally I have my aunt cut my hair, because she's trained... but she lives like 8 hours away. I have NO idea what I'll do in Austria...

I've never cut my own hair, though. My mom always cuts her own, and while I hate her hair styles, she does a good job. I'm always really impressed.

the_GoDdEsS
01-12-2007, 02:06 PM
I always take care of my hair alone. Went to hair dresser's twice when I was a teen and hated it. I cut it alone once a month because I just need to cut the endings which is fairly easy with long hair.

Tizzalicious
01-12-2007, 02:10 PM
I wish I tried on the long part first, at least it wouldn't have been right in my face.

Oh well. I guess it would actually look nice if it was straight? Should be fixable, right? But not by me, because I'd probably end up cutting more and more off to get it straight, ending it with 1 cm bangs, still crooked.

Piccie:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v143/tizzje/hair4-1.jpg

Ignore the Christmas decorations kthx. I forgot to take them down.

Llamas
01-12-2007, 02:17 PM
I don't think the crookedness looks bad, honestly. It looks like you meant for them to look like that. I'm just not a big fan of short bangs, which is a personal thing. I don't think they look horrible, though.

What kind of method did you use to cut them, by the way?

Tizzalicious
01-12-2007, 02:21 PM
Scissors? :P

Llamas
01-12-2007, 02:24 PM
Hahaha! I meant... you wet your hair, and then clipped most of it back, and did small sections at a time, holding the section between your fingers and snipping a line straight across under your fingers? I'm just wondering methods, not materials. :P

Tizzalicious
01-12-2007, 02:26 PM
Oooooh, well basically, I did it the idiot way, I didn't even wet it, just grabbed it, cut a bit, and then realised that side was alreayd too short (it was the side that was supposed to be longer, I wanted it a little sideswept, but I screwed that up right away) and then I cut the rest while holding it between my fingers, like the experts too. Except it turns out I suck at cutting hair just as much as at cutting paper.

killer_queen
01-12-2007, 02:37 PM
It looks good, Tizz. Actually it looks like mine. I've had bangs for the first time and I love it. Straight hair is always better if you have bangs. Huge curls are good too bu I guess you don't like wavy hair.

Llamas
01-12-2007, 02:39 PM
Haha, it happens. There's a reason I've never tried to cut my own. :p

But honestly, it doesn't look nearly as bad as I expected it to. Bangs are the worst, because they're the hardest to hide. You definitely didn't get the sweeping thing, though! haha. It's really not that bad, though.

Tizzalicious
01-12-2007, 02:42 PM
Thank you both!

I actually wanted to try bangs like this for a while, but I was always too scared :P I think if they would have done right, I would like them. Put with some pinning, and maybe a professional cutting them right, I will actually like it a lot.

Gülsah, I like curls too, but well, my hair is not the curly kind, and when I used those curlers sometime ago I looked REALLY weird.

Nina
01-12-2007, 03:06 PM
Went to hair dresser's twice when I was a teen and hated it.

Same. I went to the hairdresser twice in my life, and one extra time for graduation (I got it straightened...so not really a cut, either). My hair is always long and it grows really slowly, and is just boring...so I never need a cut. I'd be super stupid if I let my hair cut like this...short haircuts look gross on me.

Oooooh, well basically, I did it the idiot way, I didn't even wet it, just grabbed it, cut a bit.

um :[ Well thank god you have somewhat straight hair. I did the same thing once, and with bangs too, though they werent as short.......and the result looked hot. until I washed my hair. Yeah. Hahaha. 13 year olds suck.

It looks cute btw :]

JoY
01-12-2007, 03:12 PM
I like the way your top is so tight, it almost unbuttons itself around the.. bewbs. ;p

& I like your bangs. honestly. they don't look half bad, in fact, this haircut looks rather goddamn cute on you. <3

killer_queen
01-12-2007, 03:16 PM
The top is not too tight, I think. Tizz has big boobs.

JoY
01-12-2007, 03:18 PM
did I say "too tight"? hell no, I love it, as I love Tizz's big boobies.

killer_queen
01-12-2007, 03:21 PM
so, "too tight" and "so tight" aren't the same things? (stupid question, isn't it?)

JoY
01-12-2007, 03:25 PM
when it comes to Tizz's boobies, there's no "too tight", duh.

so weird we're discussing Tizz's boobies. but at the same time it doesn't feel weird at all, which possibly makes it even weirder.

JohnnyNemesis
01-12-2007, 03:29 PM
Goddamn, Tizz has perfect breasts.

So, what are we talkin' about?

JoY
01-12-2007, 03:33 PM
bangs?

that just sounded so wrong for some reason.

SkunkIt
01-12-2007, 06:05 PM
I've never cut my own hair but when I was 7, my brother cut my bangs and put my mom's lipstick on me. I thought I looked pretty, but my hair was all uneven and in a few different lengths and I had lipstick around my lips. I have pictures, but I don't know where they are.

Lodat225
01-12-2007, 06:19 PM
Oh NO NO NO NO. I don't cut my hair. Unless it's longer than my neck then i go to my aunt to cut my hair.

And yes. I have. It was awful. That was the worst month in 4th grade.

noodlesfan
01-12-2007, 11:01 PM
Ugh, last time my hair was cut, it was by me, and....

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d66/NickRaciti/jj.jpg

I'm still waiting for that stunt to grow back.

Tizzalicious
01-12-2007, 11:41 PM
um :[ Well thank god you have somewhat straight hair. I did the same thing once, and with bangs too, though they werent as short.......and the result looked hot. until I washed my hair. Yeah. Hahaha. 13 year olds suck.

It looks cute btw :]

Oh crap. I haven't washed it yet!!!!!!! I'm scared now.

And my top shinks everytime I wash it, that's why it seems like my boobs are popping out :(

T-6005
01-13-2007, 12:37 AM
And my top shinks everytime I wash it, that's why it seems like my boobs are popping out :(
Man, I hate to seem sleazy saying this, but I really don't mind.

And I'm sure I'm not the only one, considering the beginning of Photo Album #2 was dedicated to "TizzBoob... Fiction or Reality?"

Tizzalicious
01-13-2007, 12:51 AM
WTF? I don't remember that at all.

SaiKYoU
01-13-2007, 07:22 PM
i always cut my own hair... it's the only way i have my hair the way i want... and i don't spend any money!

Camilamazed
01-13-2007, 08:11 PM
I've never done that and I'm scared to death to try. =|

I wonder what I'll do if my current hairdresser, who's cutting my hair for like 5 years, dies, moves away or something.

:(

HeadAroundU
01-14-2007, 08:19 AM
Never ever. My mommy is a hairdresser. ha ha!

Tizzalicious
01-14-2007, 08:25 AM
That's pretty useful.

Update on my hair: I washed it today, and it actually looks better now, it doesn't look crooked anymore, because it's mixed up a bit, and it looks like it fits my head better too. It's quite nice actually.

HeadAroundU
01-14-2007, 08:55 AM
oh, I'm glad it's better now, Tizzie. More tight bewbs, please.

khaaaaan
01-15-2007, 03:13 AM
Did you ever attempt to cut your own hair?

No, not since kindergarten.