PDA

View Full Version : Atom is still in The Offspring

ppronni
01-14-2007, 10:22 AM
According to ap.net Atom Willard is no longer drummer of The Offspring. DAMN!!

http://www.punktastic.com/news/13865

Oh and by the way I'm not gonna buy Little Miss 1965 a bottle of Basil Hayden bc I'm afraid that this time is true.

Little_Miss_1565
01-14-2007, 10:26 AM
"Safari can’t open the page “http://www.ap.net/” because it could not connect to the server “www.ap.net”." Please go into more detail or you will owe me one of these. Or maybe you owe me one for 1965.

http://library.bevnetwork.com/bottles/135/3117.jpg

F@ BANKZ
01-14-2007, 10:35 AM
There have been rumors like this presumed true before but again they wern't you can't know without an official announcement, still

ppronni
01-14-2007, 10:38 AM
I can open it with Firefox, If you can't with Safari try going to www.punktastic.com and look at the top of the page. That's the first topic.

If it's finally not true I'll buy you that bottle but I won't charge with the shipping costs...and I'm spanish xD

And sorry about your name.

Zee
01-14-2007, 10:40 AM
This is probably the page he's talking about: http://www.absolutepunk.net/index.php

...and that page has taken the info from here: http://www.punkbands.com/index.php?id=21677

Don't know about the credibility...

F@ BANKZ
01-14-2007, 10:40 AM
if anyone can't open it all it says is:
ap.net reports Angels and Airwaves drummer Atom Willard is no longer in The Offspring.

edit: Does this mean, if it is true, we might get Ron back!!!! Or can i not ask that.

Little_Miss_1565
01-14-2007, 10:43 AM
In my experience, those sites are pretty reliable. I used to trawl both of them all the time when I worked with modern punk music.

How's this: if it's true, the Offspring totally owe me a bottle of Basil Hayden's for making us find out on absolutepunk etc. instead of Offspring.com.

Zee
01-14-2007, 10:44 AM
How's this: if it's true, the Offspring totally owe me a bottle of Basil Hayden's for making us find out on absolutepunk etc. instead of Offspring.com.

Well, when Ron left it was on www.vater.com months before The Offspring announced it.

F@ BANKZ
01-14-2007, 10:46 AM
They should tell us officially most of the time, otherwise rumors will recieve cedit for the future, still, i guess this means there will be a new drummer, who will it be???

DefaultNinja
01-14-2007, 11:13 AM
They should tell us officially most of the time, otherwise rumors will recieve cedit for the future, still, i guess this means there will be a new drummer, who will it be???

The Offspring rarely release official stuff on their site now. No updates, news or whatsoever. :( Not their fault though, I suppose.

Why would he leave? Maybe they just had him to record the new album, like they used Josh Freese in Splinter.

F@ BANKZ
01-14-2007, 11:15 AM
The Offspring rarely release official stuff on their site now. No updates, news or whatsoever. :( Not their fault though, I suppose.

Why would he leave? Maybe they just had him to record the new album, like they used Josh Freese in Splinter.

He probably left to go full-time with Angels and Airwaves

Camilamazed
01-14-2007, 11:43 AM
Where do they get rumors from?

I'm only going to believe when something comes out on the official websites. Either offspring or AVA's.

Jakebert
01-14-2007, 11:50 AM
Where do they get rumors from?

I'm only going to believe when something comes out on the official websites. Either offspring or AVA's.

Normally I'd agree with this, but as others noted, we knew about Ron's departure for a good chunk of time before it was mentioned on the site.

Little_Miss_1565
01-14-2007, 12:46 PM
Normally I'd agree with this, but as others noted, we knew about Ron's departure for a good chunk of time before it was mentioned on the site.

Very true. While I have nothing but love for the Offspring, it is complete and utter bullshit that we knew before they told us about Ron. Our news should come from them.

EDIT: I am still not drinking a bottle of the best Kentucky bourbon ever made. What gives?

Jakebert
01-14-2007, 12:55 PM
I've always tried to give them the benefit of the doubt on that, thinking maybe they wanted to get everything squared away until they announced anything, but with the lack of care towards their site in recent years, it's hard to keep that optimism going.

DeAtHsTaR
01-14-2007, 01:06 PM
UG and Interpunk said he left in March. So it's not reliable.

Jakebert
01-14-2007, 01:15 PM
Yeah, but Interpunk generally sucks, and I'm not sure what UG is.

Acoustic1804
01-14-2007, 01:43 PM
I really hope Atom doesn't leave :(

I was really looking forward to seeing him on the next tour :(

Acoustic1804
01-14-2007, 01:44 PM

UG hasn't failed me before :( :( :(

F@ BANKZ
01-14-2007, 01:48 PM
i dunno, i'd probably rather see Ron than Atom, but chances are that will never happen so i guess i hope atom stays too.

DeAtHsTaR
01-14-2007, 01:48 PM

Ultimate-guitar.

ZagmenO
01-14-2007, 01:53 PM
Well, that wasn't a very detailed article! Either it's lying or The Offspring don't have very good luck with drummers. :(

Grabbal
01-14-2007, 01:58 PM
I'm gonna stay optimistic and hope Ron comes back..

Kitten
01-14-2007, 01:59 PM
i dunno, i'd probably rather see Ron than Atom, but chances are that will never happen so i guess i hope atom stays too.

I doubt Ron will ever go back to playing in The Offspring, however, it would be a shame if Atom has left.
Perhaps there is a reason for the infomation lack on Offspring.com. Maybe he hasn't informed the band or it's not true. I guess we will all have to wait and see.

HeadAroundU
01-14-2007, 01:59 PM
yay! Josh will lay down the drums for the whole record!

Gayman
01-14-2007, 02:12 PM
Well, that wasn't a very detailed article! Either it's lying or The Offspring don't have very good luck with drummers. :(

Well, Ron was in the bad a looong time. So, they don't have THAT much bad luck with drummers.

ZagmenO
01-14-2007, 02:53 PM
Well, Ron was in the bad a looong time. So, they don't have THAT much bad luck with drummers.

True. But it's mostly their drummers that have left. The 1st guy, James Lilja, Ron, now allegedly Atom! And he's the best in my opinion.

Llamas
01-14-2007, 03:03 PM
This is interesting news if it's true. I hope this means Josh will do all the tracks on the new album. He might not have that kind of time, though. I'm just worried this will delay the album's release, like what happened when Ron quit. :-/

Gayman
01-14-2007, 03:06 PM
STILL! Hold your horses people, until we hear confirmation from the band or the man himself.

nameless
01-14-2007, 03:43 PM
i dont know whether this is true or not but we did hear these rumours before when he first joined ava.

the offspring are in the studio at the moment which is probably why they havent updated the site, what with all the recording. although it would make sense that they hadnt updated the site as there was a problem, for example atom leaving, that they needed to get straight!

killboybowerhead
01-14-2007, 04:42 PM
im suprised it took this long. Atom is a nice guy and all. But after seeing him play with ava and go along with their "message" i wouldnt want to see him in the offspring ever again. Sorry but aVa was the ABSOLUTE worst mockery of a band i have ever seen live. Keep jerking off U2

endlesst0m
01-14-2007, 06:49 PM
Here's my question: Does Atom really have such urgent problem or responsibility that he can't just record the album first? I'm sure that he already knows the songs, and I'm also sure that it wouldn't take more than a few days to do, since Offspring's song are typically very simple. Whatever he's leaving for, it must be a very big deal, because you'd think anyone else would just record the album so as not to screw over the band.

Note: Given the predicted release date of the CD, I'm writing all this assuming that pretty much all the songs are complete, and they're just doing some finishing touches and production...I mean C'MON the songs have to be mostly done by now right??? It's been forever.

Blastero
01-14-2007, 08:17 PM
Man. If this is true, I'm gonna be really bummed. Atom seems like such a great addition to the band.

I hope we get more sources commenting on this.

Jakebert
01-14-2007, 09:04 PM
i dont know whether this is true or not but we did hear these rumours before when he first joined ava.

Yeah, we heard rumors, but as soon as they started Atom cleared them up. And, they really weren't as widely reported as this has been.

Either way, if this is true, I think the Offspring might want to start thinking about their treatment of drummers. I know it's probably just a coiencidence, but goddamn, it sure seems weird that they lost (or possibly lost) 2 drummers in the process of 2 albums.

0r4ng3
01-14-2007, 09:05 PM
If it is true, I predict more delays, and this album won't be out till friggin' 2008. After a while, you just give up waiting. I know I will.

JohnnyNemesis
01-14-2007, 09:44 PM
Either way, if this is true, I think the Offspring might want to start thinking about their treatment of drummers. I know it's probably just a coiencidence, but goddamn, it sure seems weird that they lost (or possibly lost) 2 drummers in the process of 2 albums.

I'm not surprised; it's not easy to find that right fit, and when you have contractual obligations and a ton of other shit to do it's normal to snatch up a drummer ASAP. I'm not so sure it has anything to do with treatment.

I wish Ron were still with the band :(

Btw, I heard Atom is no longer in The Offspring. Can someone confirm or deny this? lolololol.

Little_Miss_1565
01-14-2007, 10:12 PM
Btw, I heard Atom is no longer in The Offspring. Can someone confirm or deny this? lolololol.

Basil Hayden's can be found at Park Avenue Liquors and other fine liquor stores in the five boroughs. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Hypodermic_89
01-14-2007, 10:39 PM
I don't care about Atom.. Ron was the man.

Bazza
01-15-2007, 02:18 AM
I don't care about Atom.. Ron was the man.

Seconded. Whilst there's no doubting Atom's skills as a drummer, he never seemed to fit in properly. I mean come on you can't waltz into a group play drums a bit then go off and play with another band. I'd like to see a replacement who's commited to the Offspring, records an album with them and tours with them and sticks with them.

I'd love to see Ron return, but I doubt it'd be the same as the old days. If the rumours are true then they really need an energetic drummer who has charisma.

Dexter_italy
01-15-2007, 05:11 AM
I don't want Ron back...he was a mediocre drummer..... he fits well in the band yes, but now they need someone better. If Atom leaves it won't be a good news but anyway the drums hadn't this big role into the songs.... Probably they'll have josh to record the album, and they'll find someone else for the tour. It would be cool to have the pennywise's drummer touring with them. I hope Atom is gonna stay, 'cause he's a cool guy and a great drummer, but if he leaves I'm sure they'll find someone else.
________
MERCEDES-BENZ 600 (http://www.mercedes-wiki.com/wiki/Mercedes-Benz_600)

K1llboy Powerhead
01-15-2007, 06:30 AM
Although I don't believe the articles, I really hope Atom isn't leaving ...

That_Guy91
01-15-2007, 06:46 AM
I don't want Ron back...he was a mediocre drummer..... he fits well in the band yes, but now they need someone better. If Atom leaves it won't be a good news but anyway the drums hadn't this big role into the songs.... Probably they'll have josh to record the album, and they'll find someone else for the tour. It would be cool to have the pennywise's drummer touring with them. I hope Atom is gonna stay, 'cause he's a cool guy and a great drummer, but if he leaves I'm sure they'll find someone else.

1. Ron > Atom.
2. Both > Byron McMackin (Pennywise)
3. Josh Freese > all, so I hope they get him, too.

Alex101
01-15-2007, 07:37 AM
1. Ron > Atom.
I don't think Byron will be in The Offspring, since his band Pennywise has a new record coming out.

Maybe The Offspring should get a different drummer other than Ron, Atom and Josh. IMO, maybe they should choose one of those drummers that played for about over 10 years:

- Pete Finestone (who drummed for Bad Religion on their Suffer and No Control albums)
- Bobby Schayer (who drummed for Bad Religion on their Recipe for Hate and Stranger Than Fiction albums)
- Either Scott Raynor or Travis Barker (both from blink-182)
- Amery Smith (who played in Suicidal Tendencies on their self-titled album featuring the song "Instutionalized" (also known as "All I Wanted Was a Pepsi"))
- R.J. Herrera (another Suicidal Tendencies drummer who played on their albums like How Will I Laugh Tomorrow)
- Stephen Perkins (Jane's Addiction, Infectious Grooves)
- Shannon Larkin (Ugly Kid Joe, Godsmack)
- Brett Reed (since he left Rancid last year)
- Chuck Biscuits (Danzig, he also drummed for Social Distortion on their White Light, White Heat, White Trash album)
- Paul Bostaph (who drummed Slayer on their Divine Intervention album)
- Alfredo Hernandez (Kyuss, Queens of the Stone Age)

It would be nice if one of those drummers could play in this band. This would make The Offspring become a lot more popular than anyone else thought or something. And that would also mean... THE OFFSPRING ROCKS AGAIN!

That_Guy91
01-15-2007, 07:47 AM
I don't think Byron will be in The Offspring, since his band Pennywise has a new record coming out.

I know, I was just pointing him out because the guy I quoted mentioned him.

OnlyOnThursdays
01-15-2007, 08:52 AM
I don't know how relieable that punk website is, but this is on Ultimate Guitar as well. That still doesn't make it true I know, but I hope it does. I don't like Atom at all. he has been in the band for what, 2-3 years already and he hasn't recorded shit with them. He been fucking around with AVA, who in my oppinion suck. I'm not nocking Atoms skills at all but damn, his lack of commitment irritates me, I wan't to see him out. I don't care who replaces him just as long as they fit in and they commit themselves.

Little_Miss_1565
01-15-2007, 09:01 AM
Let's be fair to Atom, though--who's going to commit to being in a band where you're a glorified studio musician anyway? It's been said a million times that Dexter writes all the drum parts.

Thomas
01-15-2007, 09:25 AM

Maybe The Offspring should get a different drummer other than Ron, Atom and Josh. IMO, maybe they should choose one of those drummers that played for about over 10 years:

- Pete Finestone (who drummed for Bad Religion on their Suffer and No Control albums)
- Bobby Schayer (who drummed for Bad Religion on their Recipe for Hate and Stranger Than Fiction albums)
- Either Scott Raynor or Travis Barker (both from blink-182)
- Amery Smith (who played in Suicidal Tendencies on their self-titled album featuring the song "Instutionalized" (also known as "All I Wanted Was a Pepsi"))
- R.J. Herrera (another Suicidal Tendencies drummer who played on their albums like How Will I Laugh Tomorrow)
- Stephen Perkins (Jane's Addiction, Infectious Grooves)
- Shannon Larkin (Ugly Kid Joe, Godsmack)
- Brett Reed (since he left Rancid last year)
- Chuck Biscuits (Danzig, he also drummed for Social Distortion on their White Light, White Heat, White Trash album)
- Paul Bostaph (who drummed Slayer on their Divine Intervention album)
- Alfredo Hernandez (Kyuss, Queens of the Stone Age)

It would be nice if one of those drummers could play in this band. This would make The Offspring become a lot more popular than anyone else thought or something. And that would also mean... THE OFFSPRING ROCKS AGAIN!

I say no to all of those guys. Especially Travis Barker. Personally, if Atom leaves, then I would support getting Adrian Young from No Doubt to be the new drummer. He is about on par with Atom and Ron (although not quite as good as Ron) and he is familiar with this kind of drumming.

I also think it would be amazing to bring back James Lilja, but the chances of that happening are slimmer than Mary-Kate Olsen's waist line.

Dexter_italy
01-15-2007, 10:13 AM
1. Ron > Atom.

For me is

Ron < Atom
Byron > Ron
Josh freese > All
Anyway... pennywise are making another album? another copy of the others ( I like pennywise but they sound all the same) so they could paste the drum parts from other cd to the new :cool: Byron is a punk rock drummer and he could play all the offspring songs, but again he won't be a part of the band. As for travis he started +44 and with a broken arm I don't think he's going to record anything fot other bands, and he's not into the Offspring style (but an album with him would be cool). probably they'll record with josh since theyr friends and maybe if he's not too busy he'll do a couple of shows to. But they'll find someone else for touring and will be a cool drummer....that's for sure!
________
Anime Manga (http://www.fucktube.com/categories/108/manga/videos/1)

Jakebert
01-15-2007, 11:16 AM
Let's be fair to Atom, though--who's going to commit to being in a band where you're a glorified studio musician anyway? It's been said a million times that Dexter writes all the drum parts.

That's what I was getting at with my post earlier. I know I wouldn't want to be in a band where I basically have no creative control over the project. I don't understand the point of being in a band if you're just being told what to play, unless of course you're just a session player.

Really, I think if this is all true, Dexter really should think about maybe letting the drummer do his own thing every now and then. That's saying a lot if Dex is supposidly more of a control freak than Tom DeLonge.

DeAtHsTaR
01-15-2007, 11:29 AM

He doesn't just sit there saying "Ok, snare, bass, snare, tom, cymbal crash." He doesn't write all the drumming, he probably is a shitty drummer.

JohnnyNemesis
01-15-2007, 12:22 PM
I don't understand the point of being in a band if you're just being told what to play

That's crazy talk! By that logic, Metallica shouldn't exist!

... *headbulb*

Heyyyyyyy, you might be on to something!

Basil Hayden's can be found at Park Avenue Liquors and other fine liquor stores in the five boroughs. :mad: :mad: :mad:

That was the best possible response to my post.

barangatang
01-15-2007, 12:30 PM
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/the_offspring_drummer_leaves_for_good.html

Grabbal
01-15-2007, 12:35 PM
"I am ABSOLUTELY NOT leaving the Offspring! I am very happy as someone said and plan to continue in that way! I have played with a lot of bands and I can honestly say... these guys are the shit. Super cool, super fun... what else is there?".

then why leave?!?! If you really are..

F@ BANKZ
01-15-2007, 12:42 PM
:eek: Maybe he just said that to try to put the rumors that come up in the future down:eek: , maybe not

Dexter_italy
01-15-2007, 12:48 PM
Now that this news is everywhere just hope that the site will say something about it.... just yes he's living or no he isn't
________
CHEVROLET PICKUP TRUCK (http://www.chevy-wiki.com/wiki/Chevrolet_pickup_truck)

F@ BANKZ
01-15-2007, 12:52 PM
aww that'll be ace if dex just put 1 word on the journal: yes/no. Something exceedingly cool about the idea, or so i think.

Killboy
01-15-2007, 01:19 PM
This rumor really sucks but, if Atom is really leaving the band, let's face it:
Nobody's indispensable, so, The Offspring will find another drummer... the same thing that happened with Ron.

I admit that I'm gonna miss him, his energy is... wow, but what the fuck!

Jojan
01-15-2007, 01:20 PM
If it hasn't been said before: WOW! That site looks really not relyable!

nameless
01-15-2007, 02:51 PM
the website says "probably no longer in the offspring", that doesnt exactly clear things up.

id like atom to stay but they will find a replacement if he does leave or has already left the band.

on the subject of him writing his own parts, i cant see that being a major factor in his decision. i think he just prefers angels and airwaves and myabe the schedules started to clash, after all, neither band can really be considered a side project.

as for who will replace him, i cant see it being any of the people mentioned that are already in bands seeing as they now have this situation to deal with because of it!

anyway, we still havent heard the official announcement!

Short_Attention_Span
01-15-2007, 04:18 PM
^ Don't count on one.

To be honest, I don't think he's out yet. I don't think I'd blame him if he did leave though. I mean, he's in two well-known, relatively mainstream bands. Talk about stress, and a conflict of schedules.
________
Lovely Wendie (http://www.lovelywendie99.com/)

petey
01-15-2007, 04:42 PM
dude I hope he leaves cause i like ron WAY better. not that atom's not cool, atom's the shit, but the offspring isnt the offspring with out ron, you know.

ZagmenO
01-15-2007, 04:44 PM
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/the_offspring_drummer_leaves_for_good.html

Atom Willard is probably no longer in The Offspring...

10 characters

Jakebert
01-15-2007, 04:52 PM
dude I hope he leaves cause i like ron WAY better. not that atom's not cool, atom's the shit, but the offspring isnt the offspring with out ron, you know.

Why do you guys seem to think that if Atom leaves, that automatically means Ron is coming back? Because he's not. He left for a reason, and that reason wasn't because Atom really, really wanted to be in the Offspring.

NEOCON99
01-15-2007, 09:07 PM
Damn, that sucks, at least I had a chance to see him perform live with the offspring at the splinter and warped tour. I wonder who will replace him, I also hope the offspring play at this year's warped tour.

StayInTheHouseCarl
01-15-2007, 09:56 PM
Damn, that sucks, at least I had a chance to see him perform live with the offspring at the splinter and warped tour. I wonder who will replace him, I also hope the offspring play at this year's warped tour.

i've heard that there is a possibility that they will be doing warped this year, to support the new album.

to be honest, i think its pretty awesome, cuz they played older, more punk stuff.....but i would rather see them play a show where they play an hour (which is still really too short for a band with large catalog like the offspring), as opposed to 30 mins at warped.

leibstandarte109
01-15-2007, 10:08 PM
It's a bummer (if it's true), cause he was a cool drummer, but The Offspring will go on without him.

Little_Miss_1565
01-15-2007, 10:17 PM
He doesn't just sit there saying "Ok, snare, bass, snare, tom, cymbal crash." He doesn't write all the drumming, he probably is a shitty drummer.

My liner notes are at my mom's. Show me where it says anyone but Dexter did song arrangements and I'll consider believing that over everything Ron said.

Dexter_H
01-16-2007, 12:20 AM
I'm pretty sure the linear notes say "all songs written and performed by the Offspring".

Either way, I personally hope atom did leave, and I wouldn't be surprised if it was because Delonge said "you either leave the offspring or you are out of this band".

Tomo
01-16-2007, 05:39 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if it was because Delonge said "you either leave the offspring or you are out of this band".

Agree... Tom DeLonge is a total asshole, no wonder Blink 182 had split up.

smileemptysoul44
01-16-2007, 06:02 AM
dude I hope he leaves cause i like ron WAY better. not that atom's not cool, atom's the shit, but the offspring isnt the offspring with out ron, you know. i could drum for the offspring or anyone i doubt anyone would find a differnence.

Little_Miss_1565
01-16-2007, 06:07 AM
Agree... Tom DeLonge is a total asshole, no wonder Blink 182 had split up.

Okay, seriously, why is Tom DeLonge an asshole other than that he asked Atom to be in a band that isn't The Offspring?

DeAtHsTaR
01-16-2007, 06:52 AM
My liner notes are at my mom's. Show me where it says anyone but Dexter did song arrangements and I'll consider believing that over everything Ron said.

I'm just saying Dexter didn't write every little click, snare, bass, ride cymbal, taum etc. Stop taking things so literally. I'm sure Dexter didn't show Josh Freese how to do the fill from Long Way Home. Hell, he probably can't even play it.

DeAtHsTaR
01-16-2007, 06:53 AM
Okay, seriously, why is Tom DeLonge an asshole other than that he asked Atom to be in a band that isn't The Offspring?

Because he's a pretentious douchebag who promised an album that would be "The best music made in the last quarter-century."

Little_Miss_1565
01-16-2007, 07:53 AM
I'm just saying Dexter didn't write every little click, snare, bass, ride cymbal, taum etc. Stop taking things so literally. I'm sure Dexter didn't show Josh Freese how to do the fill from Long Way Home. Hell, he probably can't even play it.

Plenty of people write for what they can't play. All I know is what Ron said after he left the band. The band did not counter it. If one side is talking and the other isn't, well, what else can you do.

Because he's a pretentious douchebag who promised an album that would be "The best music made in the last quarter-century."

What band doesn't think they're the best when they're proud of what they do? I'm not particularly fond of him myself, but there is a strong pattern on this board of flaming the hell out of anyone seen as a perceived threat to the Offspring, which is ridiculous.

Ninty Man
01-16-2007, 08:26 AM

He wasn't mediocre, you dumb ass... I wanna see you play in drums gotta get away, bad habit, tehran, LAPD, have you ever

MOTO13
01-16-2007, 10:40 AM
I rarely post here but this is a great thread. From what I understand and have read, playing drums for the Offspring is literally like a 9-5 job. They give you a paycheck for your services and tell you what and how to do it. You have little or no actual band input, Dexter and to a lesser degree Noodles make 100% of the decisions-both musically and business wise. You get no residuals nor any percentage of anything that deals with the band. Dexter has this locked up very tightly-it is basically HIS band.

Llamas
01-16-2007, 02:00 PM
This is stupidity to the extreme. He can't play it? So? Have you ever listened to any jazz or classical music? Composers of classical wrote for ALL the instruments in the symphony, and they usually only knew how to play ONE of the instruments! And in jazz... the lead instrument usually comes up with what he wants the rhythm section to play, and then he/she makes up his/her own part. Any other soloists sometimes get to improv, but often times the lead soloist writes those solos, too. You can write for whatever instrument you damn well please, and it doesn't matter one bit if you can play the instrument or not.

What band doesn't think they're the best when they're proud of what they do? I'm not particularly fond of him myself, but there is a strong pattern on this board of flaming the hell out of anyone seen as a perceived threat to the Offspring, which is ridiculous.
I personally have a problem with that kind of pride. I don't dislike Tom because he "took" the Offspring's drummer, or whatever; I never liked him in Blink, either. He is extremely pretentious, and that kind of exploding ego really turns me against a person.

Dexter_italy
01-16-2007, 02:03 PM
He wasn't mediocre, you dumb ass... I wanna see you play in drums gotta get away, bad habit, tehran, LAPD, have you ever

The only "difficoult" song in there is theran (1989....a long time ago..) I can play the others on drums and I'm not a drummer..... And why do you have to call me dumb ass....I didn't nothing to you so just shut the fuck up and wash your mouth!! Ron was a mediocre drummer everyone knows that, did you know that when he left he took drum lessons? He did cool things on the early albums but then he almos played only fast that's all.... The lack of fill in is due to Dexter who writes the songs and we know that, so that's the reason Ron left. He wanted to improve as drummer. And once again think twice before insulting someone you don't even know, because I respect you so give it back instead of being so childish!
________
HANDJOB BLACK (http://www.fucktube.com/categories/664/black/videos/1)

Jakebert
01-16-2007, 02:04 PM
I personally have a problem with that kind of pride. I don't dislike Tom because he "took" the Offspring's drummer, or whatever; I never liked him in Blink, either. He is extremely pretentious, and that kind of exploding ego really turns me against a person.

While I agree with you're opinion on Tom, she has a really good point. A lot of those people would have no problem at all if it wasn't for the rumors about Atom. Any time anyone criticizes the Offspring, or does something that isn;t kissing their ass, the people here jump to their computers and flame the hell out of whoever it is, without even considering that he may be right/they don't know the whole story.

Llamas
01-16-2007, 02:12 PM
No, you're right. There are a lot of people here who just hate Tom because of his Offspring things. I just felt like 1565 was defending Tom's ego, though her point was probably more directed at people who just attack whoever poses a thread for the Offspring.

nameless
01-16-2007, 03:40 PM
atom has said himself that dexter is very particular about how the drums sound and although he doesnt have the body co-ordination to play, he knows whats what. atom also said that dexter would pick up on things and say "that sounds different there, or theres an extra beat there" (i do have the interview somewhere!) anyway, i think we have established dexter doesnt litterally tab everything out, he just dictates how things sound.

on the subject of rons early playing, i remember seeing a video with james lilja where they were playing some songs that were on the self titled album so maybe ron didnt play (as in write) everything on that album.

the offspring have an uncomplicated sound that works best when things are kept simple. stage presence or basic playing dont come into it, the songs work as a whole and thats all the matters. it doesnt matter what anyone else thinks of the fact that dexter writes most of the songs, thats the way they have worked for years and they will continue to do so.

zacsta
01-17-2007, 01:02 AM
atom isnt really leaving the offspring, whats happening is either dexter or noodles saw how shit the forums had gotten lately and so they made the decision to leak some "contraversial" news that they new would get you guys all fired up about, thus, giving you something to talk (argue) about for a while.
they did it for you guys.

nameless
01-17-2007, 03:11 PM
atom isnt really leaving the offspring, whats happening is either dexter or noodles saw how shit the forums had gotten lately and so they made the decision to leak some "contraversial" news that they new would get you guys all fired up about, thus, giving you something to talk (argue) about for a while.

but it apparently was one of the members in angels and airwaves!

Acoustic1804
01-18-2007, 02:01 AM

Yeah man totally, and I bet they organised the Blink 182 split up so Angels and Airwaves could be formed, so they could take Atom. I can't believe I didn't think of something like that before!

Fat Boy Samsam
01-18-2007, 09:50 AM
A&A are so shit.... I'm glad that Atom is no longer with the Offspring.

Can you imagine if he started to influence Dexter and Noodles with the A&A gay boy sound.

I mean for fucks sake, just listen to 'We don't need to whisper'. After 10 mins, I wanted to cut my wrists (and Atom's too!).

Fuck him.. that is what I say. He aint good enough for the Offspring

Ninty Man
01-18-2007, 11:31 AM
The only "difficoult" song in there is theran (1989....a long time ago..) I can play the others on drums and I'm not a drummer..... And why do you have to call me dumb ass....I didn't nothing to you so just shut the fuck up and wash your mouth!! Ron was a mediocre drummer everyone knows that, did you know that when he left he took drum lessons? He did cool things on the early albums but then he almos played only fast that's all.... The lack of fill in is due to Dexter who writes the songs and we know that, so that's the reason Ron left. He wanted to improve as drummer. And once again think twice before insulting someone you don't even know, because I respect you so give it back instead of being so childish!

Nah, I don't respect you.

well, I think you can play dammit I changed again, million milles away.

OH, you can play the drums??? Well, mrs. "Ron is a mediocre drummer" I wanna see it

Dexter_italy
01-18-2007, 12:46 PM
Nah, I don't respect you.

well, I think you can play dammit I changed again, million milles away.

OH, you can play the drums??? Well, mrs. "Ron is a mediocre drummer" I wanna see it

I don't have nothing to say to an idiot like you. go to your mom crying and tell her that you discovered that in the world there are people who don't have your same ideas....
________
Pornstars Videos (http://www.fucktube.com/categories/32/pornstars/videos/1)

ZagmenO
01-18-2007, 12:53 PM
Back on topic: If Atom really does leave the spring then I'm setting up a protest. I'd probably be the only one doing it, but oh well. Also, I like AVA's music a lot but if they're gonna keep on hogging Atom then the next album they release I'm boycotting.

nameless
01-18-2007, 02:53 PM
A&A are so shit.... I'm glad that Atom is no longer with the Offspring.

Can you imagine if he started to influence Dexter and Noodles with the A&A gay boy sound.

I mean for fucks sake, just listen to 'We don't need to whisper'. After 10 mins, I wanted to cut my wrists (and Atom's too!).

Fuck him.. that is what I say. He aint good enough for the Offspring

i remember when atom first joined, everyone was going on about his energy onstage and how he bought something different to the offspring. now he is rumoured to have left people start slagging him off, is the only reason your glad he may be leaving due to the fact he plays with angels and airwaves, nothing else?!

Jakebert
01-18-2007, 03:00 PM
No, they're glad because he might have betrayed the Offspring or done something that isn't kissing their asses, and that sends these people foaming at the mouth.

Venom Symbiote
01-18-2007, 04:00 PM
Ok, to be honest, I just got back from vacation and basically could not be fucked reading this entire thread.

I'm guessing this is bullshit, but really, just to clarify: did Atom leave the band in the past week or so? My instincts tell me it's just some poster spreading horse-piss rumours again with no evidence, but someone want to fill me in?

Llamas
01-18-2007, 04:03 PM
You don't need to read the entire thread to figure it out... read the first post.

ZagmenO
01-18-2007, 04:55 PM
OK. Protest starts........NOW!

Who do we want? ATOM!
What band do we want him in? OFFSPRING!

Ninty Man
01-18-2007, 05:16 PM
I don't have nothing to say to an idiot like you. go to your mom crying and tell her that you discovered that in the world there are people who don't have your same ideas....

Nah, I don't have to discuss to someone such an ass like you XD

Venom Symbiote
01-18-2007, 06:44 PM
Actually, Llamas (smartass...), that doesn't clarify anything. Of course I read the first post. But has it been confirmed? Reiterated? Supported by different sources? For that I'd have to read the multitude of pages, so quit being a skank about it.

The site noted in the first post doesn't exactly seem to be, um, should we say...reliable.

So what, this is true? Atom left? If so, I'm fucking pissed.

Prox
01-18-2007, 06:47 PM
"We're sorry guys, but we're gonna have to hold off the album another year or two to find a new drummer."

0r4ng3
01-18-2007, 07:00 PM
OK. Protest starts........NOW!

Who do we want? ATOM!
What band do we want him in? OFFSPRING!
Ok, I'll bite.

What's Mota spelled backwards? ATOM!

Fun.

Little_Miss_1565
01-18-2007, 08:29 PM
"We're sorry guys, but we're gonna have to hold off the album another year or two to find a new drummer."

Hardly, considering Atom was on tour anyway and wouldn't be recording with them even if he was still in the band.

Venom Symbiote
01-18-2007, 10:46 PM
Holy shit. Holy shit.

He did. He DID?!

Total pitchfork-waving torch-lighting moment here, folks. Fuck fuckity fuckster and fuck-spaghetti.

Fat Boy Samsam
01-19-2007, 01:57 AM
What makes me even more mad is that Atom's action has delayed the release of the new album!!!

Damn - I am PISSED that the album is delayed!!!!!!:mad:

Jakebert
01-19-2007, 03:30 AM
What makes me even more mad is that Atom's action has delayed the release of the new album!!!

Damn - I am PISSED that the album is delayed!!!!!!:mad:

Weren't you the one that tried to tell everyone you worked in the studio with them?

Fat Boy Samsam
01-19-2007, 04:19 AM
Weren't you the one that tried to tell everyone you worked in the studio with them?

I'm not talking about that! I'm talking about the fact that the album is going to be delayed now that Atom has left. For fuck sake, that REALLY sucks!!!

Little_Miss_1565
01-19-2007, 05:06 AM
For fuck's sake, is anyone listening to the FACTS here? THE OFFSPRING ARE IN THE STUDIO NOW. ATOM HAS SAID HE IS NOT IN THE STUDIO WITH THEM. THEY HAVE HAD STUDIO MUSICIANS BEFORE. RELAX.

Fat Boy Samsam
01-19-2007, 05:11 AM
For fuck's sake, is anyone listening to the FACTS here? THE OFFSPRING ARE IN THE STUDIO NOW. ATOM HAS SAID HE IS NOT IN THE STUDIO WITH THEM. THEY HAVE HAD STUDIO MUSICIANS BEFORE. RELAX.

The problem is that there are no facts. Just lots of word of mouth stuff - or blog posts with references to websites that dont exist - or bullshit comments by unverified journalists on punk websites that are trying to make a name for themselves.

Little_Miss_1565
01-19-2007, 05:15 AM
The problem is that there are no facts. Just lots of word of mouth stuff - or blog posts with references to websites that dont exist - or bullshit comments by unverified journalists on punk websites that are trying to make a name for themselves.

WELL THEN. Quit spreading more bullshit word of mouth stuff by freaking out how the album will be "delayed." THERE'S NO VERIFICATION OF IT. Freak out if and when the band says it.

Venom Symbiote
01-19-2007, 06:40 AM
Oh, so there hasn't been clarification here. Cool.

We knew Atom would only be doing partial drumtracks on the album (best case scenario), which sucks in a kind of "I'll learn to deal with it" kind of fashion. But him outright leaving the band would be shittytacular of him.

Glad it's still just in the rumour box. How the fuck did this thread get so lengthy, when it's not even true?

Little_Miss_1565
01-19-2007, 09:24 AM
Glad it's still just in the rumour box. How the fuck did this thread get so lengthy, when it's not even true?

Because the band keeps us so starved for information when other sources are running news stories that everyone gets carried away.

Splintergirl
01-19-2007, 03:12 PM
atom is away!!!!!!!!!:)
sorry but I hate him!!! he look´s like a monkey

Stranger With Candy
01-19-2007, 03:23 PM

Haha yeah, im suprised he comed back after that.

F@ BANKZ
01-19-2007, 03:25 PM
lol ahhh funny.

Ninty Man
01-19-2007, 07:30 PM

LOL... hey... how does he doesn't know about this?

nameless
01-19-2007, 08:27 PM
i thought josh had been laying down some of the tracks and atom was "back" now to finish others?!

bouncingcoles
01-19-2007, 08:37 PM
lets wait till an official announcement before we say he's definitely no longer in the offspring

Thomas
01-19-2007, 11:15 PM

Um, dude, if you aren't a drummer, you couldn't play those correctly. Ron is most definitely NOT a mediocre drummer. Just because he takes lessons, it doesn't mean that he sucks. Neil Peart takes lessons, too, ya know. Does that mean that HE sucks?

StayInTheHouseCarl
01-19-2007, 11:29 PM
I'm not talking about that! I'm talking about the fact that the album is going to be delayed now that Atom has left. For fuck sake, that REALLY sucks!!!

you're avoiding the question.

Dexter_italy
01-20-2007, 05:33 AM
Um, dude, if you aren't a drummer, you couldn't play those correctly. Ron is most definitely NOT a mediocre drummer. Just because he takes lessons, it doesn't mean that he sucks. Neil Peart takes lessons, too, ya know. Does that mean that HE sucks?

I can play those songs not 100% correctly for sure, but I'm not a drummer as I said.... I said that he's mediocre not that he sucks. I love the offspring and I loved ron, but I know that he wasn't a great drummer..... This isn't a tragedy...
________
Carlsson (car company) (http://www.mercedes-wiki.com/wiki/Carlsson_(car_company))

ofsmurfsandpixies
01-20-2007, 07:01 AM
the only really easy offspring song on drums is americana really.and shup italy guy. he was good otherwise he wouldnt have lasted so long in the band

Little_Miss_1565
01-20-2007, 08:10 AM
The fact that other people can fairly easily play the parts does not mean they are mediocre. I really don't get why people are so quick to go on the attack when something like this comes up. I was always able to play Offspring songs very easily on guitar when I played it, and I can play all the bass parts too--does that mean the Offspring suck?

Ceejio21
01-20-2007, 08:11 AM
Hmm, just to throw another interesting twist into this whole rumour saga, if you visit the official AVA website, the latest news feed speaks of AVA having just gone back into the studio on January 19th to start recording their new record. So...read whatever you want into Atom's status with The Offspring from that.

Zee
01-20-2007, 08:23 AM
Hmm, just to throw another interesting twist into this whole rumour saga, if you visit the official AVA website, the latest news feed speaks of AVA having just gone back into the studio on January 19th to start recording their new record. So...read whatever you want into Atom's status with The Offspring from that.

Yeah, that's pretty much it, at least I would dare to say now that he's not in the band anymore, but I don't know if it's just me...

Ceejio21
01-20-2007, 08:25 AM
Yeah, perhaps, but there's no reason whatsoever to be downbeat about it should the rumour be confirmed. The Offspring won't drop everything because of it. So what'll happen? Well, I think Josh Freese will cover all the drum parts for the full album (as he did with Splinter) and then for the touring they may ask him to fill in (if he can't), no big deal and someone else will step in. End of story. The whole new record will be exciting and it'll still be The Offspring, regardless.

Zee
01-20-2007, 08:40 AM
It would be nice to know when the decision was made that Atom probably now has left the band. First he said that he's not going anywhere and now the signs are a bit different. Also, AvA was supposed to have a year break or so but now they're recoding, things have changed quite quickly it seems. If it's just lately that Atom has said that sorry guys, I'm leaving then I can't help but think that the album will be postponed once again. I don't know, it might take some time to run in a new drummer, they've got to be 100% ready for the tours once the album is put out...

Blastero
01-20-2007, 11:42 AM
Guys. It ain't true. (http://forum.44disasters.com/viewtopic.php?t=26055)

Atom's still in the Offspring.

Stranger With Candy
01-20-2007, 11:46 AM

Thats great news!

0r4ng3
01-20-2007, 11:48 AM
"Army of Angels"? lolololol.

Also, that forum is a huge argument against sig pictures.

Still, it's good to know that Atom didn't leave. Now people will shut up about it...or will they?

Dexter_italy
01-20-2007, 12:20 PM
The fact that other people can fairly easily play the parts does not mean they are mediocre. I really don't get why people are so quick to go on the attack when something like this comes up. I was always able to play Offspring songs very easily on guitar when I played it, and I can play all the bass parts too--does that mean the Offspring suck?

He is (was) mediocre because most of the songs have the same beat.... and really...did you see any vid of him drumming and other drummers? Ron is cool playing with the offspring, but he couldn't play pennywise or nofx's songs and many other bands. but HE DOESN'T SUCK!! a wall would understand what I say better than some of people here....
________
DIGITAL VAPORIZER (http://digitalvaporizers.info)

killboybowerhead
01-20-2007, 01:07 PM
dude youre wack. byron from pennywise uses the same fucking fills all the time. Punk drumming is not that hard. Its almost never offtime yadayadayada. Basically they should get someone cool. Not someone who would join a band like aVa. i think that should be the only real criteria

Ninty Man
01-20-2007, 01:41 PM

Well... TKAA it's fucking tricky in drums... well... for me it's hard, I'm a n00b... But Ron was awesome in Million Milles away, Americana (song), pay the man, staring at the sun, way down the line, amazed, change the world.

Hey, Italy dumbass... do you know how to play the bass and the snare???

And this is the must fucking hilarious post in the link they put in this thread

Awesome, But AVA Is Better.

So FUCKING LOL

Little_Miss_1565
01-20-2007, 02:18 PM

Wasn't it also "confirmed" by someone in Angels and Airwaves that he had left?

Starting to feel very frustrated by the lack of information.

RageAndLov
01-20-2007, 02:41 PM
on the subject of rons early playing, i remember seeing a video with james lilja where they were playing some songs that were on the self titled album so maybe ron didnt play (as in write) everything on that album.

i think james lilja is credited for something in the booklet of S/T

Ninty Man
01-20-2007, 02:52 PM
i think james lilja is credited for something in the booklet of S/T

Of cowriting beheaded... for full story, look for dexter in song of beheaded, in music, in the main page.

But... in I'll be waiting... it's not the same drumming

RageAndLov
01-20-2007, 03:02 PM
i dont know if this whole thing about atom leaving is true but IF it's true then i think its because the offspring is sick of waiting for atom. the album is delayed long enough.

and btw why did atom get the job as a drummer in offspring? isnt atom like 10years younger than the rest of the band? the three others must think atom is an immature little brat (just kidding)

and IF atom is leaving, can offspring just pick a drummer even if the drummer is in a band already? "damn, atom left us! we must pick a new drummer. this bryan guy from pennywise is a good drummer, lets take him reagardless what pennywise or himself thinks about that." if atom leaves, i'd guess josh would complete the record before thinking of finding a new drummer.

if atom is leaving, why in the world would ron come back? there must be a reason for him leaving. but maybe he just regrets and begs to get back?:rolleyes:

remember that dexter is an ex-drummer :p

ZagmenO
01-20-2007, 03:04 PM

HALELLUJAH!!!

Ninty Man
01-20-2007, 04:29 PM
i dont know if this whole thing about atom leaving is true but IF it's true then i think its because the offspring is sick of waiting for atom. the album is delayed long enough.

and btw why did atom get the job as a drummer in offspring? isnt atom like 10years younger than the rest of the band? the three others must think atom is an immature little brat (just kidding)

and IF atom is leaving, can offspring just pick a drummer even if the drummer is in a band already? "damn, atom left us! we must pick a new drummer. this bryan guy from pennywise is a good drummer, lets take him reagardless what pennywise or himself thinks about that." if atom leaves, i'd guess josh would complete the record before thinking of finding a new drummer.

if atom is leaving, why in the world would ron come back? there must be a reason for him leaving. but maybe he just regrets and begs to get back?:rolleyes:

He was TRYING to drum... and he has the skills of a monkey... and there are a video that proof my point

jacknife737
01-20-2007, 05:05 PM
I don't really know how reliable this is but

http://forum.44disasters.com/viewtopic.php?t=26055

Stranger With Candy
01-20-2007, 05:11 PM
I don't really know how reliable this is but

http://forum.44disasters.com/viewtopic.php?t=26055

um.... that was just posted by Blastero.

jacknife737
01-20-2007, 05:23 PM
wonderful

10 characters

nameless
01-20-2007, 09:55 PM
it was co-writing the vocals on beheaded i think!

Hombre316
01-21-2007, 12:42 AM
i just don't understand how atom can still be in the offspring when its been announced that angels and airwaves is starting up on their second cd. so either the drums are done for the new offspring cd, OR atom has just up and quit to focus on angels and airwaves. i just dont see how he can do both.

Dexter_italy
01-21-2007, 01:42 AM
Well... TKAA it's fucking tricky in drums... well... for me it's hard, I'm a n00b... But Ron was awesome in Million Milles away, Americana (song), pay the man, staring at the sun, way down the line, amazed, change the world.

Hey, Italy dumbass... do you know how to play the bass and the snare???

And this is the must fucking hilarious post in the link they put in this thread

So FUCKING LOL

Ok now I'm pissed....dumbass is that whore of your mom....then yes I know how to play the bass and the snare....but here seems that you only listen to the offspring if you say that's difficoult.... I ain't gonna post again in this thread to be insulted by someone who can't discuss in a normale way...
________
Body science (http://bodyscience.ws/)

Little_Miss_1565
01-21-2007, 06:05 AM
i just dont see how he can do both.

It's really not hard to track for both.

Blastero
01-21-2007, 12:24 PM
Wasn't it also "confirmed" by someone in Angels and Airwaves that he had left?

Starting to feel very frustrated by the lack of information.

Well, considering this is actually coming directly from an official site of one of the two bands involved in this rumor, I'd say it's pretty reliable.

Sure, the chances that any of us are actually registered in the Angels and Airwaves fan club is pretty slim, but the guys posting that news would know that anyone on their forum who was registered would very easily be able to figure out the truth. There wouldn't be much sense in lying.

As far as the issue with Atom being in both bands...

Well when you're a proffesional musician it's not hard to do drums for two bands.

I'll use another band as an example.

Right now, Sum 41 is also recording a new album. They went into the studio to start recording on November 6th, 2006. By the end of the month, and possibly a week or two before then, the drums were done.

Atom can easily just go in and do the drums and leave if he so chooses. Once the drums are done, they don't really need him for anything else.

Now, as far as touring goes, I don't know what they'll do. If both bands end up touring at the same time, it could be a problem.

Apathy
01-21-2007, 12:53 PM
November 24: Big D and the Kids Table enter the studio with no songs recorded
December 8: Big D and the Kids table leave the studio with Sixteen songs recorded for their new album.

It took them like two weeks to record a sixteen track album, and they have Seven members playing all different instruments. If a band actually puts effort into recording and goes in every day, they can finish recording in no time.
It would take Atom maybe five days to do all of his drum parts for the new album, and that's if he had to learn them all day of.

I hope they find a new drummer anyway.

Zee
01-21-2007, 01:18 PM
Of course the recording of both albums wouldn't be a problem, but both bands might want to go on tour after the album is released and that is a problem. A big problem.

nameless
01-21-2007, 03:01 PM

atom was recommended by josh freese, im not sure if they auditioned anyone else. the offspring do get on well with pennywise, jim did some vocals with them once but i dont think byron would join.

Ninty Man
01-21-2007, 04:30 PM
Ok now I'm pissed....dumbass is that whore of your mom....then yes I know how to play the bass and the snare....but here seems that you only listen to the offspring if you say that's difficoult.... I ain't gonna post again in this thread to be insulted by someone who can't discuss in a normale way...

Nah, I hear AFI, Van Halen, Jimmy Hendrix, Bob Marley, Blink 182 (and +44) Green Day, Santana, Dream Theater, Guns N roses.

Dumbass

ygokazuki
01-21-2007, 06:00 PM
Not sure if it's already been posted, but I was looking around SputnikMusic and saw this:
http://sputnikmusic.com/news.php?newsid=2420

Little_Miss_1565
01-21-2007, 08:59 PM
November 24: Big D and the Kids Table enter the studio with no songs recorded
December 8: Big D and the Kids table leave the studio with Sixteen songs recorded for their new album.

It took them like two weeks to record a sixteen track album, and they have Seven members playing all different instruments. If a band actually puts effort into recording and goes in every day, they can finish recording in no time.

Yeah, but knowing Big D, they had not only written all the new songs well ahead of time, they had road tested them too, because a band like Big D, while awesome, does not have the major label budget to fuck around very long in a studio. Of course they got in and out in two weeks start to finish. Nothing to do with Atom being in the band or not or having his attention split.

Wolfbutter
01-23-2007, 04:33 PM
i hope hes still in the offspring, that would suck if he left

sneedo
01-23-2007, 10:59 PM
it's already been reported that he hasn't left, check google news fuckers

Venom Symbiote
01-24-2007, 12:02 AM
Yeah, he won't leave.

Thing is, we already have the shitty unforgivable news that he's not tracking every song on the new album. Maybe half, at the most. That's just plain inexcusable, in my opinion. He was never a hired session goon. He's the guy.

Much love for Freese, but when it comes to this record fuck him. He doesn't belong this time around.

I'm not sure who to attribute this missed opportunity to, Atom himself or the rest of the band, but it doesn't sit right. Splinter and the post-Splinter single, fine, no problem - but Atom's drumming is essential on this next true release.

Ceejio21
01-24-2007, 12:48 PM
Yeah, he won't leave.

Thing is, we already have the shitty unforgivable news that he's not tracking every song on the new album. Maybe half, at the most. That's just plain inexcusable, in my opinion. He was never a hired session goon. He's the guy.

Much love for Freese, but when it comes to this record fuck him. He doesn't belong this time around.

I'm not sure who to attribute this missed opportunity to, Atom himself or the rest of the band, but it doesn't sit right. Splinter and the post-Splinter single, fine, no problem - but Atom's drumming is essential on this next true release.

I can't pick a fault in this opinion, I think it's spot on. Whether we'll be able to easily note the difference in drumming amongst the tracks themselves, remains to be seen. I reckon it's about time for an update! Progress must have been made now on the recording side of things...

Little_Miss_1565
01-24-2007, 10:23 PM
it's already been reported that he hasn't left, check google news fuckers

Welcome to two days ago, you snob.

sneedo
01-25-2007, 02:37 PM
:o

s

xxec94
01-27-2007, 02:14 PM
he is i read it on z95.3 website in news..hes in angels and airwaves AND the offspring. yah and:) im pretty sure its true

Jack-UK
01-28-2007, 06:10 AM
Yeah, he won't leave.

You've hit it on the head, i'd like Atom to stay but im getting pissed off with him being in two bands at the same time. If he's screwing up Offspring, then he can fuck off and we'll get a new drummer. IMHO AVA suck big hairy balls. Blink 182 were alright, i bought AVA's album and gave it away the following week.

If Atom does what hes supposed to in the Offspring then by all means keep him, if he's screwing up the recording then i personally would rather see him gone.

Little_Miss_1565
01-28-2007, 11:57 AM
How many times must it be said? HE'S NOT "SCREWING UP" THE OFFSPRING. It really concerns me how completely divorced from reality this thread is. All this anger directed at Atom--you are projecting your own ideals of what the band should be. These ideals are very different from the way the band actually works. No one is screwing up shit, and if Dexter was really so upset with the way things were with Atom, he wouldn't have brought him on board in the first place. You think the AVA project came up all at once on a whim and them BOOM immediately he was in the studio and on the road with them? Surely Dexter knew. Fucking trust in what they're doing.

GustavOffspring
01-28-2007, 12:32 PM
The new about Adam *Atom* Willard leaving The Offspring is fake, confirmed by Ryan Sinn, member of Angels & Airwaves on official Angels & Airwabes Fan Club - The Army Of Angels
Font: http://www.punkdisasters.com/

Grabbal
01-28-2007, 12:37 PM
Hopefully it's true and all this madness will come to an end..

NMHFBD
01-29-2007, 07:15 AM
The new about Adam *Atom* Willard leaving The Offspring is fake, confirmed by Ryan Sinn, member of Angels & Airwaves on official Angels & Airwabes Fan Club - The Army Of Angels
Font: http://www.punkdisasters.com/

oh my fuck! this shitty band even has their official fan club! the army of angels!?! hahahahah!!

Zeall
01-29-2007, 07:36 AM
It depends on how fast the Offspring want to develop this new album, if Atom was slowing them down, they'd probably get someone else, but from what i can see/hear/read, they are just taking there time and that gives Atom the chance to play in both bands

the Offspring wouldn't wait for him if they wanted to finish it now, IMO

Fat Boy Samsam
01-29-2007, 02:11 PM
It depends on how fast the Offspring want to develop this new album, if Atom was slowing them down, they'd probably get someone else, but from what i can see/hear/read, they are just taking there time and that gives Atom the chance to play in both bands

the Offspring wouldn't wait for him if they wanted to finish it now, IMO

Crikey - I actually agree with you for once. :eek: