PDA

View Full Version : How old should you be...

Human
01-15-2007, 12:34 PM
The first time you fuck? I mean like, what is the accepted age and how old is too old for the first time? What afe would you be considered a 'loser' for still having your virginity? I've been wondering for awhile.

Sinister
01-15-2007, 12:37 PM
Fuck as soon as you're ready to do it and have a partner and an opportunity; you're a loser only when you whine about still being a virgin at whatever age you are, IMHO.

wheelchairman
01-15-2007, 12:37 PM
I would say the youngest that I would feel comfortable with as being acceptable in society is 16. It of course depends on whether or not you live in the countryside or the a big city or a small city. And really what culture you are from. In America there is nothing wrong with being a virgin at the age of 18 or 19. In Denmark the friends that I have who are virgins are just kind of....pathetic.

Tizzalicious
01-15-2007, 12:38 PM
I would say around 16 aswell. Maaaaybe 15. But not really.

And as for a loser? Think Mark Bryan age.

Human
01-15-2007, 12:40 PM
Who is Mark Bryan?

Lodat225
01-15-2007, 12:41 PM
A member who was still a virgin and he was (i think) over 30.

Amiralanal
01-15-2007, 12:42 PM
http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10953

http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26279

Assholes this topic is old.

Lodat225
01-15-2007, 12:44 PM
http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10953

http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26279

Assholes this topic is old.

She's asking a different question.

0r4ng3
01-15-2007, 12:46 PM
In America there is nothing wrong with being a virgin at the age of 18 or 19.
Sometimes I think that's bullshit. I'm 17 and I occasionally think of myself as a pathetic loser. I'd elaborate, but I don't feel like getting myself depressed today.

Rag Doll
01-15-2007, 12:47 PM
i think it more depends on the person. while i think people shouldnt be having sex until they can handle the consequences that can result from it (like, a baby)...i know that that doesn't happen, because i know a lot of people that lost it before high school (so, before age 14). i also know people in their mid 20's that are still virgins...and i don't think that's pathetic at all.

Sin Studly
01-15-2007, 12:48 PM
Correct answer ; When you get married.

T-6005
01-15-2007, 12:49 PM
I think that it really depends. You're more likely to consider yourself a loser when people around you start losing their's, even if it was a stupid choice. I was 17 when I lost mine, and I did think I was a loser until then. Afterwards, hindsight kicks in and generally it's really not that big of a deal between before and after.

"Man, I'm such a loser."
4 seconds later -
"No longer a virgin, but definitely still a loser."

wheelchairman
01-15-2007, 12:50 PM
Sometimes I think that's bullshit. I'm 17 and I occasionally think of myself as a pathetic loser. I'd elaborate, but I don't feel like getting myself depressed today.
Yeah but you're asian. You'll perpetually beat yourself up for not being adequate at anything because of your small penis. How does that make you feel about the future mandarine-dick?

EDIT: Also before having sex. You can often be consumed with wanting it so much. That's a very typical puberty thing.

rodney mullen
01-15-2007, 12:50 PM
around 17-18 or so

Linda
01-15-2007, 12:52 PM
Before you fuck, you should be financially able to support a child.

0r4ng3
01-15-2007, 12:52 PM
Yeah but you're asian. You'll perpetually beat yourself up for not being adequate at anything because of your small penis. How does that make you feel about the future mandarine-dick?
Dammit, because I said I didn't want to elaborate didn't mean that I wanted someone else to.

Human
01-15-2007, 12:55 PM
There's condoms.
in response to linda's post

Linda
01-15-2007, 12:56 PM
They don't always work.

wheelchairman
01-15-2007, 12:56 PM
Condoms aren't that safe. Especially with kids who've never used them before.

There is a reason why in many states and countries, the age of consent is the same age as the average high school graduate (or equivalent thereof.)

Human
01-15-2007, 12:58 PM
What do you mean by consent?

Bazza
01-15-2007, 01:00 PM
Like others have said, 16 is probably as young as you should go (at least in Europe). Anything younger is borderline paedophilia (in the eye's of the law).

However there isn't any rush, I know many people my age you are still virgins, and I'm sure there are countless others who say they aren't, when they are.

You should only have sex for the first time when you feel comfortable about it and who with.

wheelchairman
01-15-2007, 01:05 PM
What do you mean by consent?

The age where you have the right to accept a sexual encounter. Before that age you do not have the right.

Why don't you just smoke? That's so much more acceptable. You might like it more too.

Tizzalicious
01-15-2007, 01:14 PM
Like others have said, 16 is probably as young as you should go (at least in Europe). Anything younger is borderline paedophilia (in the eye's of the law).

What if they are both younger?

JohnnyNemesis
01-15-2007, 01:15 PM
I remember being one of the only 16 year old virgins left when I was in high school. Most of my friends had lost their virginity and one 15 year old was a mother.

I'd say lose it when you're ready, no younger than 16.

Bazza
01-15-2007, 01:16 PM
What if they are both younger?

From what I've seen in the news etc, it's almost always the older of the two who is held "responsible". Although personally I would blame neither, they should re-work the law to account for age difference. i.e. if a 15yo and 16yo have sex it isn't as bad as say a 30yo and 15yo.

wheelchairman
01-15-2007, 01:21 PM
But you're from England where 14 is the average age of parenting.

MindlessSelfIndulgent
01-15-2007, 01:21 PM
Hmm. When I think back, I was too young. I didn't know what I was doing. It was just something you did. Virginity, what the hell? Sex, yes?
I don't know.. When you feel ready and you're in a relationship and it's not just something you do because you do it.

JohnnyNemesis
01-15-2007, 01:23 PM
Yeah. Just go oral forever until you're ready for teh intracourse.

Bazza
01-15-2007, 01:27 PM
But you're from England where 14 is the average age of parenting.

That's true, there's a load of fucked up little kids out there who don't even know who daddy is (and the majority of the mummy doesn't know either). There's way too much pressure on young kids to be sexually active, but then it's only the morons who actually believe you won't get pregnent first time that end up pregnant.

There's way to many retarded chavs who haven't a clue, and the government hasn't a clue how to solve. Sex ed nevers gets anyone anywhere, especially when they give to you at 16. On a whole England has serious problem, there's no denying it, although changing the legal age of consent wouldn't ceate a quick fix.

wheelchairman
01-15-2007, 01:33 PM
Of course changing the age of consent wouldn't do a thing. It's educating your idiot masses that would.

Tizzalicious
01-15-2007, 01:38 PM
i.e. if a 15yo and 16yo have sex it isn't as bad as say a 30yo and 15yo.

No shit.

Human
01-15-2007, 01:39 PM
what is oral?

Bazza
01-15-2007, 01:39 PM
Of course changing the age of consent wouldn't do a thing. It's educating your idiot masses that would.

Something I'd seriously agree with. Though I'd blame the incompetent parents first of all. The whole teaching system needs seriously shaking up, there's too many failing schools that are churning out retards. Also I doubt sterilisation based on intelect would go down too well.

JohnnyNemesis
01-15-2007, 01:43 PM
what is oral?

Oral sex. Look it up.

killer_queen
01-15-2007, 01:57 PM
Yeah. Just go oral forever until you're ready for teh intracourse.

Okay, I'll be home by eight. What kind of wine would you like?

And I agree with Linda. You can always get pregnant and although we find abortions funny to death you might not agree with us after having one. Also, I think you are too young to even think about sex.

Overworked & Underfucked
01-15-2007, 01:59 PM
I was 14 my first time. I know people who are 25+ and are still virgins. It doesn't matter how old you are as long as YOU are ready for it. Who cares what everyone else thinks?

wheelchairman
01-15-2007, 02:31 PM
I was 14 my first time. I know people who are 25+ and are still virgins. It doesn't matter how old you are as long as YOU are ready for it. Who cares what everyone else thinks?

Obviously she does, that's why she's asking. But I'm glad you can act like you don't care, you're judgement at the age of 14 in the area of peer pressure seems rather sound.

Apathy
01-15-2007, 03:26 PM
I'm 15, I just lost my virginity like two weeks ago.

Personally, I think I was ready for it (and she was ready for it) and that's all that matters. But this is obviously not always acceptable in society.

JohnnyNemesis
01-15-2007, 03:30 PM
I'm 15, I just lost my virginity like two weeks ago.

omg whore.

Jakebert
01-15-2007, 03:32 PM
The answer is whenever your boyfriend tells you you're ready.

Apathy
01-15-2007, 03:33 PM
Or Father.

JoY
01-15-2007, 03:35 PM

what?!

I think this was probably the absolute last thing on my mind when I shagged for the first.. wait, bad example.

what I'm trying to say.. you should do it at the age you really, really want to & are really, really comfortable with it & have really, really no fears, or doubts at all. & most importantly, know what you're doing & what you're messing with. it's no children's game, you need a sense of responsibility & total awareness of your choices & the possible concequences. it can get you pregnant, STDs.. or one hell of a hangover, if you end up regretting any choices, because you were just a young, "wild", little chick, wanting to enter the world of lost virginities. virginity is just a word, not an insult. it's just another word in the dictionary.

for me; I didn't need for it to be a fairy tale. "the first time of this, the last time of that".. man, if you only pay attention to first & last times, you better not live at all. whatta bunch of bullshit. I had a few 'demands', not just for the first time I'd have sex, but for every time I'd have sex. like, know what you're doing, want it & feel comfortable with it, be in it together & yeah, love the guy. things didn't always meet my expectations, or 'demands', but what in this world ever always does?

what I hate is, when girls with a crappy first experience say, that their second time will be their first time to them. like, no. you can't just make something undone & erase it, because you'd like to. in the back of their heads they'll always know they're just lying to themselves & that they're trying to make something "right" that they just have to accept.

my first time was.. lousy, to put it nicely, & people kept telling me that I could always still experience the second time as the first. it just doesn't work that way. & the fact the first time sex was lousy doesn't matter, the fact it was lousy is what matters. & sex should be fucking marvellous, so make sure that when you do decide one day to have sex, it is. =)

Edit: uhm, what I said.. is basically what I personally firmly believe. you don't have agree, by all means.

DeAtHsTaR
01-15-2007, 03:39 PM
The first time you fuck? I mean like, what is the accepted age and how old is too old for the first time? What afe would you be considered a 'loser' for still having your virginity? I've been wondering for awhile.

Not twelve.

Sunny
01-15-2007, 03:40 PM
i too think it depends on the person and the circumstances. it gets a little weird if the person is like.. 25 and up, though.

if i had to wait with sex until i can support a child (comfortably..), my marriage would be totally buttsecks/oral-based. whoops!

DeAtHsTaR
01-15-2007, 03:41 PM
what is oral?

You text message me asking if cum has calories, and you don't know what oral is?

killer_queen
01-15-2007, 03:43 PM
Since we're talking about sex I want t ask a little question too. Everyone says do it we you are ready and it kinda scares me. What if I never be ready? What if I never find someone that I feel attracted to? What am I gona do? Die as a virgin? People say "of course you will find someone" and they are so sure. But I know myself. I don't like everyone. I rarely find people attractive.

0r4ng3
01-15-2007, 03:45 PM
I myself ask that same question sometimes. I fear that I'll just never be ready. Hopefully I'll get over it someday, and hopefully it's very soon. And by soon I mean "within like 10 years".

wheelchairman
01-15-2007, 03:48 PM
Since we're talking about sex I want t ask a little question too. Everyone says do it we you are ready and it kinda scares me. What if I never be ready? What if I never find someone that I feel attracted to? What am I gona do? Die as a virgin? People say "of course you will find someone" and they are so sure. But I know myself. I don't like everyone. I rarely find people attractive.

It's a matter of, if you want to find somebody, then you will. Not because of magic but mostly because of will power.

DeAtHsTaR
01-15-2007, 03:54 PM

Lower your standards.

Jakebert
01-15-2007, 03:55 PM
Lower your standards.

Ladies and gentlemen, Dain's most frequent pick-up line.

DeAtHsTaR
01-15-2007, 03:57 PM

lawlz, walked right into that one.

Human
01-15-2007, 04:01 PM
Dain, shut up you're a moron.

Not to Dain, how do you bring a kiss to a fuck? I'm not going to try it anytime soon, no of course not. But how is it that people just go from making out to having sex? Also, doesn't it take a little effort to actually like, yeah. You know what I mean.

DeAtHsTaR
01-15-2007, 04:14 PM
Dain, shut up you're a moron.

Not to Dain, how do you bring a kiss to a fuck? I'm not going to try it anytime soon, no of course not. But how is it that people just go from making out to having sex? Also, doesn't it take a little effort to actually like, yeah. You know what I mean.
Why the sudden hostility? And you're a girl so you don't really have to try to bring it from making out to having sex, no matter what the guy's not gonna punch you in the face, push you off and break up with you and tell all his friends.

wheelchairman
01-15-2007, 04:20 PM
Why would you want to know? Doesn't that take the fun out of it?

JoY
01-15-2007, 04:21 PM

I have so often wondered the same. & that probably doesn't seem to make sense, because I've been with my guy for over 2 years now.. but I never really stopped wondering if I would end up alone some day. if this ship sinks.. I don't have a back-up plan, some kind of plan B. I would have to fall in love all over again & the other person would have to do the same, which doesn't always happen.

it's a scary thought, but somehow, someway, when you're attracted to someone for certain qualities, that person can be attracted to you for the exact opposite qualities. (this is mostly personal bullshit) I can't really explain it very well, it's just a matter of how strong the attraction is, how long it lasts, that sort of stuff. when it works two ways, the attraction of the other kind of feeds your own attraction & the other way around. really being into each other (dirty?) is just insanely fantastic. it's kind of like a snowball effect.

about the "ready"-part; just see how it works out. don't be scared you won't ever be ready even before you've had the chance to figure it out. you won't know when you'll be ready, until you are. you'll just know when you still aren't ready, as long as you aren't ready. so.. speculations are pretty worthless. you'll just have to wait & see. but start with the "attraction"-part of this story first, I'd say.

It's a matter of, if you want to find somebody, then you will. Not because of magic but mostly because of will power.

well yeah, you have to be willing to find someone, be opened up for it (sounds.. wrong?) & stuff. but back when I first got together with my boyfriend, it hit me like a freakin' bus. I honestly didn't see it coming & I wasn't exactly prepared to fall in love & be 'attached' to another person. I guess that did cause some troubles in the beginning.. it does take at least some will power to keep a relationship going & even more to keep it steady. but the basis of it all should still be love, right?

god, *scratches head* I'm hopeless.

that actually made me lawl for a little bit.

DeAtHsTaR
01-15-2007, 04:22 PM
If you have to question yourself if you're ready, you're not ready.

Human
01-15-2007, 04:34 PM
The sudden hostility? I actually have no idea, just some of the things you say really bug me.
Also, I looked up oral sex. How wonderful. Now my new knowledge that cum has calories may come in handy someday. Don't suck too hard.

DeAtHsTaR
01-15-2007, 05:02 PM
The sudden hostility? I actually have no idea, just some of the things you say really bug me.
Also, I looked up oral sex. How wonderful. Now my new knowledge that cum has calories may come in handy someday. Don't suck too hard.

Haha, I asked everyone in the car if it had calories when I got that text, and we got on the subject of what it tastes like, so we had to call some other girls and ask them. (Girls with us are virgins)

It tastes salty.

JoY
01-15-2007, 05:19 PM
yes it does. & it highly depends on what the boi's been eating/drinking.

Jakebert
01-15-2007, 05:27 PM

It really depends on the people involved and the mood and everything. Some people are very easily taken from one step to the next. It's one of those things that just happens and there's no real way to predict when/if it will, and there's no set way how to do it.

Haha, I asked everyone in the car if it had calories when I got that text, and we got on the subject of what it tastes like, so we had to call some other girls and ask them. (Girls with us are virgins)

I know before I was just joking, but goddamn, you have sexual predator written all over you.

DeAtHsTaR
01-15-2007, 05:31 PM
I know before I was just joking, but goddamn, you have sexual predator written all over you.

Wha?? I'm a virgin too.

Jakebert
01-15-2007, 05:43 PM
If you have to question yourself if you're ready, you're not ready.

This is stupid. If you just assume you're ready when you're thrown in that situation and don't question it, then you're more likely to make a mistake than if you question yourself.

Seriously though Dain, stop giving advice on this because you don't know what you're talking about.

Wha?? I'm a virgin too.

You called a girl to ask her what cum tastes like/if it has calories. That sounds exactly like that guy everyone knows that awkwardly asks girls if they masturbate, or what kind of underwear they're wearing, then sits there grinning like a pervert after he gets his answer. It's creepy.

DeAtHsTaR
01-15-2007, 05:52 PM
You called a girl to ask her what cum tastes like/if it has calories. That sounds exactly like that guy everyone knows that awkwardly asks girls if they masturbate, or what kind of underwear they're wearing, then sits there grinning like a pervert after he gets his answer. It's creepy.

OH that's what you're talking about. Hahaha I didn't actually talk, my friend Megan did. Lol I could see how that could've come out wrong. And finding out if it had calories, all the girls in the car with me said yes for some reason.

Jakebert
01-15-2007, 05:57 PM
So, the girls said "yes" and that makes it less stupid? That's amazing logic you have there.

JohnnyNemesis
01-15-2007, 06:00 PM
I think you're overreacting a wee bit.

DeAtHsTaR
01-15-2007, 06:21 PM
So, the girls said "yes" and that makes it less stupid? That's amazing logic you have there.

No I was just saying I didn't call someone asking if it had CALORIES, one of the girls I was with called someone asking WHAT IT TASTES LIKE.

Geez.

Tom
01-15-2007, 06:36 PM
Ehh, no younger than 15.

sKratch
01-15-2007, 06:53 PM
Oral sex. Look it up.

lolz ricky is too posh to tell you

JohnnyNemesis
01-15-2007, 06:54 PM
Haha. Hey, YOU try explaining oral sex to an 11 year old sometime! *shudders*

sKratch
01-15-2007, 06:57 PM
Wait? She's 11? :[
*censors pictures where people hold hands*

leo3375
01-15-2007, 07:15 PM
Wow. This is a tough issue as everyone seems to want a specific number.

First of all, this is a decision that one has to make for himself/herself, without anyone else's input. People mature mentally at different rates. What is important is that the individual is ready, is prepared to protect and defend against negative consequences, and is prepared to accept any and all consequences that may, and often do, occur as a result. So really there is no set age at which one is ready for sexual activity.

Second, I agree with deathstar in that you aren't ready if you're not sure you're ready.

T-6005
01-15-2007, 07:45 PM
Human, give up the dream. You're not allowed.

DeAtHsTaR
01-15-2007, 07:52 PM
Wait? She's 11? :[
*censors pictures where people hold hands*

No, she's 12!

Prox
01-15-2007, 07:55 PM
They always say to wait till your married, but do you guys think that is necessary? Is it okay to do that with your girlfriend or boyfriend, when you're not married?

adombomb222
01-15-2007, 08:48 PM
what is oral?

So innocent.

adombomb222
01-15-2007, 08:54 PM

It tastes salty.

Oh god.. .

DeAtHsTaR
01-15-2007, 08:55 PM
Oh god.. .

Well Human shouldn't have asked me.

Camilamazed
01-15-2007, 09:06 PM
Well, I think people under 18 don't need worry about sex. It's the period of life people have the best moments of their lives. They start driving, going out with friends, lots of parties...They have to enjoy those moments without worrying about getting pregnant or getting DSTs... I know there are many ways to avoid those kind of problems, but you have to be worried anyways.

I don't know.. I had a boyfriend and I used to worry a lot instead of enjoying other moments of my life... I don't know how things happen there, but here in Brazil, another thing to worry about is WHERE you're gonna do it..

People live with parents until they get married, so people under 18 cannot go into motels, so, they have to worry about their parents and place. Therefore, not getting enough comfort to do that and relax.

Overworked & Underfucked
01-15-2007, 10:44 PM

Perhaps you are asexual. I don't mean that offensively. Look it up, it's possible.

barangatang
01-15-2007, 11:15 PM
how do you bring a kiss to a fuck?

Alcohol should do the trick.

Paint_It_Black
01-15-2007, 11:55 PM
Before you fuck, you should be financially able to have an abortion.

Fixed it.

Anything younger than 14 would seem a little young to me, though at the same time I do think too much of a big deal is made about sex.

Remaining a virgin becomes pathetic sometime after 20 but only if you've been actively trying to lose your virginity. If you're intentionally waiting until marriage or something you're not pathetic, just dumb.

Potential disclaimer: I got bored and stopped reading after about page 2.

Edit: I read a little more.

Everyone says do it we you are ready and it kinda scares me. What if I never be ready? What if I never find someone that I feel attracted to? What am I gona do? Die as a virgin?

Why do you care? You seem to be saying it will bother you if you never want to have sex. Why? If you're happy not having it, what's wrong with that? Just don't let it be a big deal. If you don't want it, fine. If you do want it, you'll find me...um, someone....eventually.

Little_Miss_1565
01-16-2007, 12:14 AM
The right answer is when you're in a stable situation, are using two forms of birth control (the answer to 'condoms or the pill?' is BOTH), and are with someone who is in favor of abortion should two forms of birth control fail.

The other right answer is after you're legal to consent in your home area. 16-18, depending on the state.

Llamas
01-16-2007, 01:25 AM
If you're intentionally waiting until marriage or something you're not pathetic, just dumb.
Highly disagree. :-/ Why is it stupid to want to wait? Personally, I've never been comfortable enough with a boyfriend or trusted him enough for sex. That makes me dumb? It's a personal feeling as to what you're personally ready for. Another thing is that I'm not at a time where it would even possibly be okay to have a kid, and I'm not okay with abortion. So. I don't think it's fair to call me dumb...

Anyway, I think once you're over 16, are able to deal with consequences, and are using birth control (preferably two types, like 1565 said), then you're set. And once you're sure you're ready, of course. Probably just reiterating what's already been said, though.

Paint_It_Black
01-16-2007, 02:06 AM
You're going to make me be 100% serious about something. Damn you.

Waiting for someone you feel comfortable with is of course not dumb. If that coincides with marriage, well ok. But I do think it's pretty dumb to wait until marriage just to wait until marriage. It's an outdated and irrelevant tradition designed to make sure only stable couples would be starting families. It's not needed anymore.

Also, I guess it might sound romantic to "save yourself" until you're married, but it could lead to so many potential problems.

Sex can be about love and commitment and that's great, but it can also just be good recreational fun, as long as you're safe. I really do think sex is still treated too seriously.

So, I don't think I'm in any way calling you dumb Bri. You've made a personal choice, and you have good, solid reasons for that.

Sin Studly
01-16-2007, 02:41 AM
Everyone says do it we you are ready and it kinda scares me. What if I never be ready? What if I never find someone that I feel attracted to? What am I gona do? Die as a virgin?

I have an idea. We should meet up. I'll drink massive amounts of arak, wreck up the place and threaten everybody, get into fights with bouncers and look really pathetic with my stupid flailing girlypunches, then puke all over myself and start hitting on you long after I'm rendered whiskey-dicked and sexually useless.

Trust me, by the end of the night you'll be happy to die a virgin.

Llamas
01-16-2007, 02:58 AM
You're going to make me be 100% serious about something. Damn you.
I thought you already were... my mistake!

Waiting for someone you feel comfortable with is of course not dumb. If that coincides with marriage, well ok. But I do think it's pretty dumb to wait until marriage just to wait until marriage. It's an outdated and irrelevant tradition designed to make sure only stable couples would be starting families. It's not needed anymore.
Well, I'll say I disagree with waiting until marriage, because I don't think it's any more of a sure thing than before marriage... partially because marriage doesn't mean nearly the same thing it once meant. I can understand, though, people who take love and marriage very seriously and think it's very important, so they want to save themselves for that. It's not my thing, but I don't think it's dumb.

Also, I guess it might sound romantic to "save yourself" until you're married, but it could lead to so many potential problems.
Well, I think that if a relationship is going to fail because of sex, it wasn't going to last, anyway. I'm not saying that's a reason to not do it, but I really believe that.

Sex can be about love and commitment and that's great, but it can also just be good recreational fun, as long as you're safe. I really do think sex is still treated too seriously.
A lot of people do think of sex much more fun and recreationally. A lot of people don't and don't want to, though. In the US, there is too much of a stigma, though. I think more should be placed on raising kids with the knowledge to make their own decisions about it. I personally wouldn't want to view sex as recreational, and I just wouldn't date someone who views it as such. I'm very up front about it and would never lead a guy on. It really irritates me when girls pretend they're just not ready but they will be soon... and just keep pressing it on instead of just being honest. That's just ridiculous.

So, I don't think I'm in any way calling you dumb Bri. You've made a personal choice, and you have good, solid reasons for that.
I gotcha. Sorry I took offense. :-/

ninthlayer
01-16-2007, 03:07 AM
Sex is for teenagers.

wheelchairman
01-16-2007, 03:17 AM
Llamas with this logic you might as well wait until you are 50.

And that is the creepiest view of sex ever. It's not recreational?
And why wait until marriage if marriage is not a sure thing?

I agree with you about being ready though. But being ready has no relevance to marriage.

Paint_It_Black
01-16-2007, 03:28 AM
I personally wouldn't want to view sex as recreational, and I just wouldn't date someone who views it as such.

You could possibly change your mind after you actually try it though. I don't mean to sound disrespectful about it, but you're kind of just operating on theory right now.

I am not saying you will change your mind, just that you might.

I used to think of sex very differently than I do now. Then at 17 I actually experienced it and my opinion started to change.

I gotcha. Sorry I took offense. :-/

No problem. It's understandable.

Llamas
01-16-2007, 03:29 AM
Llamas with this logic you might as well wait until you are 50.
Which logic are you referring to? Waiting until I feel comfortable and trust the guy? Or... I'm confused.

And that is the creepiest view of sex ever. It's not recreational?
recreational as in, casual sex. Sure, sex should be fun when you do it, of course. I'm pretty sure that's not what Richard meant, though. Recreational more on a level of having it not mean anything when you do it.

And why wait until marriage if marriage is not a sure thing?
Exactly. Marriage used to be much more likely a sure thing, but as time goes on, atleast in the US, marriage is looked at much more loosely and it doesn't seem to really mean that much, atleast in comparison. It also depends on what culture you live in, though. I'm just talking about in the US. And with our divorce rates and such, marriage really isn't a sure thing, so it doesn't seem logical to wait until marriage for that reason.

I agree with you about being ready though. But being ready has no relevance to marriage. Sorry if I implied that somewhere, but I totally don't think it does. I'm not waiting for marriage.

edit

You could possibly change your mind after you actually try it though. I don't mean to sound disrespectful about it, but you're kind of just operating on theory right now.
Not disrespectful. That happens to a lot of people. Personally, I don't think it will happen to me, but of course it could. That doesn't change how I feel now (or for the past 4 years), though.

Paint_It_Black
01-16-2007, 03:39 AM
recreational as in, casual sex. Sure, sex should be fun when you do it, of course. I'm pretty sure that's not what Richard meant, though. Recreational more on a level of having it not mean anything when you do it.

Well, hmm. I have nothing against people having totally casual sex, if they want it. But if you want my personal preference? I want to at least like and care for the person. It can be casual in the sense of I'm not in love and not intending to necessarily have a romantic relationship. Maybe I'm saying friends with benefits?

I'm just pointing out I don't generally want to bone complete strangers. I don't want to do anything with strangers, actually. I'm not highly sociable and really only like to spend time doing anything with already established friends.

Maybe that makes my position a little more clear.

wheelchairman
01-16-2007, 03:40 AM
Well I think the possibility of having sex casually and recreationally comes after you lose that utterly romantic idea of it. (Not that sex itself becomes unromantic, I mean romantic in that artsy theoretical way). It's simply a matter of becoming comfortable with it. So I guess we agree. A level of comfort.

Paint_It_Black
01-16-2007, 03:41 AM
Once you stop putting the pussy on a pedestal, right?

wheelchairman
01-16-2007, 03:42 AM
Turning it into a Greek Goddess named Pussaliah?

I gave my friend Phil that speech once.

Paint_It_Black
01-16-2007, 03:43 AM
Phil looks like a virgin, somehow.

Llamas
01-16-2007, 03:43 AM
I guess I don't have an overly romantic view toward sex, either. There's a certain level that should be there, but it's different to me. I don't really wanna explain the details all over the bbs, haha. I really just wanted to point out originally that I don't think it's dumb to want to wait (not necessarily for marriage). :)

wheelchairman
01-16-2007, 03:44 AM
I guess I don't have an overly romantic view toward sex, either. There's a certain level that should be there, but it's different to me. I don't really wanna explain the details all over the bbs, haha. I really just wanted to point out originally that I don't think it's dumb to want to wait (not necessarily for marriage). :)

But the point was, it's dumb to wait for marriage. Waiting in general not so much.

PIB, it's that fat 15 year olds face.

Paint_It_Black
01-16-2007, 03:45 AM
I don't really wanna explain the details all over the bbs, haha.

Oh, come on. Tell us everything so we can make you regret it a thousand times!

Llamas
01-16-2007, 03:47 AM
But the point was, it's dumb to wait for marriage. Waiting in general not so much.
I was replying to Richard's use of "waiting for marriage or something", which is more than marriage. :p But cool, seems we're all on a similar page.

Oh, come on. Tell us everything so we can make you regret it a thousand times!
Bahaha, asshat. :p Really, I just think it's too serious/personal a topic for me to talk about to 98% of the people here. lolz virgin jokes are still welcomed. :D

ninthlayer
01-16-2007, 04:02 AM
Again, llamas, you'll put a dick in yo' mouf but not in your business. Seriously doesn't make any sense to me at all.

killer_queen
01-16-2007, 04:49 AM
Why do you care? You seem to be saying it will bother you if you never want to have sex. Why? If you're happy not having it, what's wrong with that? Just don't let it be a big deal. If you don't want it, fine. If you do want it, you'll find me...um, someone....eventually.
I didn't say that I didn't want to have sex. I'm just scared of not finding someone who is hot enough. Booo.

And I think waiting for marriage is kinda dumb too. It would take all the fun of it, I guess. Also, my aunt told me the story of her best friend a couple of days ago. It's fucking scary. His husband killed her and then shot himself on their first night because he was sexually impotent. I'm definitely changing my mind.

Banchi
01-16-2007, 05:00 AM
And I think waiting for marriage is kinda dumb too.

I totaly agree !

Sunny
01-16-2007, 05:07 AM

i know someone who only kissed his fiancee twice - once on their engagement day and... the second time after they got married, on the altar. because they were waiting for marriage... hardcore.

i'm kind of creeped out by the idea of saving it til marriage. perhaps i'm a sex-obsessed freak, but... fuck...what if you two are completely incompatible in ways that are.. rather common? and then you realize it ONCE you've committed to be with that person forever... and you're like "whoops"?

SCARY.

same with not living together before marriage. :/ i guess it sounds horrible to say "test drive it before you buy it", and i understand some people have religious views that prohibit that kinda thing... but, awful as it sounds, I was glad to know that what I was getting myself into was... some real good stuff. =p

lolz!

then again, some people think sex isn't all that important in a relationship... so i suppose it works out for them.

SaiKYoU
01-16-2007, 05:08 AM
sex forms part of a marriage, if sex isn¡t good it won't work... so better have some sex before going to the church or wherever...

And a good age to first doing is between 16 and 18... EDIT: if you're enough inteligent to know what a condom is...

Nina
01-16-2007, 05:15 AM
I agree with Sunny. In our society you dont have to live in so much misery anymore....you dont have to marry someone because your parents tell you so, and you wont be called a whore if you live with someone before marrying them. Still not doing it for the sake of saving yourself is ridiculous, because there is really no reason for it. Is it written in the bible or something? I've never read it.

Tizzalicious
01-16-2007, 05:21 AM
i know someone who only kissed his fiancee twice - once on their engagement day and... the second time after they got married, on the altar. because they were waiting for marriage... hardcore.

Oh wow, that's insane.

I agree with the other things you said too. Sex is a part of life, if you are married, and then find out you and your partner are absolutely not compatible between the sheets, you have a big chunk of sucky life.

Sunny
01-16-2007, 05:24 AM
how's this for insane:

one night (during the engagement) they had to sleep together in the same house...so he pitched a tent in the yard so that they wouldn't have to sleep under the same roof.

ha!

killer_queen
01-16-2007, 05:27 AM
That's just..not insane. Insane is such a small word to describe it. How is their marriage right now? It's not normal, I guess?

Sunny
01-16-2007, 05:30 AM
i.. uh. who knows. they seem happy enough, i guess. it's all really odd. :/

ninthlayer
01-16-2007, 05:32 AM
how's this for insane:

one night (during the engagement) they had to sleep together in the same house...so he pitched a tent in the yard so that they wouldn't have to sleep under the same roof.

ha!
My Uncle Dave (through marriage) and his wife are crazy as fuck like that too. When we went to their wedding he was staying in some trailer in her parents' yard so they wouldn't be under the same roof (and these people had a huge house out in the middle of Bumfuck Nowhere, Pennsylvania). Oh, and combine that with the fact that she has never worn slacks in her entire life (because that's not proper!), doesn't believe in cutting her hair (other than trimming it), and all other kinds of ridiculous wife/child beating pentecostal bullshit.

I really don't understand people like that.

adombomb222
01-16-2007, 07:53 AM
Ok, you’re twelve, if you start putting out now you’ll turn into a slut. By age fifteen you’ll be the towns bicycle. And besides when your twelve most other twelve-year-old boys may think they know what to do, but you may end up with a dick up your ass. Also if you get pregnant, you’ll either have to kill the baby (and go to Hell) or have the baby and have your life screwed forever. No to mention when the kid is twelve you’ll be twenty-four. Wait till you’re oh maybe around sixteen, and use condoms, get on the pill or what ever. And remember you can still get STDs from oral sex and any other sex that involves a penis going inside you.

Little_Miss_1565
01-16-2007, 08:58 AM
Also, a major thing--learn how to do it for yourself. I've known far too many young women who start sleeping around too early in life and thus before they're ready to deal with the fallout or do it so they are still protecting themselves because they have all these urges and no idea what to do with them. Get an Anais Nin book at Barnes and Noble and masturbate a lot. I'm not kidding.

SaiKYoU
01-16-2007, 09:01 AM
My Uncle Dave (through marriage) and his wife are crazy as fuck like that too. When we went to their wedding he was staying in some trailer in her parents' yard so they wouldn't be under the same roof (and these people had a huge house out in the middle of Bumfuck Nowhere, Pennsylvania). Oh, and combine that with the fact that she has never worn slacks in her entire life (because that's not proper!), doesn't believe in cutting her hair (other than trimming it), and all other kinds of ridiculous wife/child beating pentecostal bullshit.

I really don't understand people like that.

they may live in Pennsylvania, but they're crazy like if they were from Calcuta!

sKratch
01-16-2007, 10:25 AM
Well I think the possibility of having sex casually and recreationally comes after you lose that utterly romantic idea of it. (Not that sex itself becomes unromantic, I mean romantic in that artsy theoretical way). It's simply a matter of becoming comfortable with it. So I guess we agree. A level of comfort.

lolz i think in my heartbroken days i made a thread that went something like "how do you ever have sex with a new person?"

i wuz dumz :[

Prox
01-16-2007, 10:47 AM
So, are you guys saying you have sex with your girlfriend or friends? I'm guessing the people around me wont do that :(

JohnnyNemesis
01-16-2007, 11:28 AM
lolz i think in my heartbroken days i made a thread that went something like "how do you ever have sex with a new person?"

Yeah, I tend to have that effect on people. Sorry you had to be another one for my record book.

Linda
01-16-2007, 12:57 PM
blah blah blah

You are an idiot.

JohnnyNemesis
01-16-2007, 01:02 PM
how's this for insane:

ha!

Fucking bananas, that is!

You are an idiot.

loolololol, who didn't see this coming? lolollololollllol/..

Linda
01-16-2007, 01:04 PM
loolololol, who didn't see this coming? lolollololollllol/..

loolololol, I sure saw THIS coming! lolollololollllol

wheelchairman
01-16-2007, 01:06 PM
Well in all fairness Johnny, that's half your responses in the Politics forum.

Although yes coming from Linda there is a different air to it.

calichix
01-16-2007, 01:39 PM
in high school we had this fuhreak come speak to us about abstinence and she said on her wedding night there was so much "pent up love for each other" that it was like "screaming orgasm after screaming orgasm all night".

I think you should lose your virginity because you're wildly attracted to someone and want to jump their bones, not because of social obligation. Some people are just asexual until that special someone turns on their love light. Then they're savages. I think that's probably what's going on with Gulsah. As soon as we cross paths she'll grow talons have her way with me on a park bench. It'll be screaming orgasm after screaming orgasm all night.

Paint_It_Black
01-16-2007, 01:54 PM
You are an idiot.

Hey hag, I thought you liked to pretend you don't randomly start shit?

Jakebert
01-16-2007, 02:00 PM
in high school we had this fuhreak come speak to us about abstinence and she said on her wedding night there was so much "pent up love for each other" that it was like "screaming orgasm after screaming orgasm all night".

Man, my school never gets anyone like that to speak to us. We just get "XTREME CHRISTIANS!!!".

Mota Boy
01-16-2007, 04:17 PM
The first time you fuck? I mean like, what is the accepted age and how old is too old for the first time? What afe would you be considered a 'loser' for still having your virginity? I've been wondering for awhile.You're too damn young, if that's what you're implying. For the love of God, at a bare basic floor minimum wait until high school. Just be fully aware that no matter how wonderful you think the person is that you're with, you two will have a horrible break-up in the next few months. When the time comes, just be sure that you're doing it because it's what you want, for yourself. If you're thinking about it because you're anxious the relationship won't work out, or because other people beat you to the punch, you're doing it for the wrong reasons.

Mainly, you just need to be old enough to have a little bit of perspective on the idea of love and relationships.

in high school we had this fuhreak come speak to us about abstinence and she said on her wedding night there was so much "pent up love for each other" that it was like "screaming orgasm after screaming orgasm all night". Wouldn't that just make everyone want to go out and try it?

Also, I think I would've raised my hand and asked "What about the next night?"

JoY
01-16-2007, 04:23 PM
Perhaps you are asexual. I don't mean that offensively. Look it up, it's possible.

oh believe me; NO one is asexual. it's a lie.

JoY
01-16-2007, 04:25 PM
I have an idea. We should meet up. I'll drink massive amounts of arak, wreck up the place and threaten everybody, get into fights with bouncers and look really pathetic with my stupid flailing girlypunches, then puke all over myself and start hitting on you long after I'm rendered whiskey-dicked and sexually useless.

Trust me, by the end of the night you'll be happy to die a virgin.

hi, I like you.

Linda
01-16-2007, 06:10 PM
Hey hag, I thought you liked to pretend you don't randomly start shit?

You're the one who started shit by making that stupid change to my post and the change you made makes you an idiot.

sKratch
01-16-2007, 06:32 PM
Before this turns into awesome, I'll try to fix things--an attempt that may be for naught.

Quoting a post and changing it to saying something the quoter feels is more valid is a common BBS practice. Unfortunately, because of the parties involved, it was perhaps misinterpreted and responded to inappropriately. Ricky should probably have bit his tongue. The end.

Let's talk about 12 year olds having sex.

Linda
01-16-2007, 06:57 PM
Just think about this scenario.

Young female child has sex. Young female child gets pregnant. Young female child has abortion. Later in life, when said female wants to get pregnant, she can't because abortion in her young years damaged her
so she can no longer get pregnant. Yeah, so the odds are slim, but do
you young girls really want to take that chance?

I also think it's very bad advice to tell young girls to go ahead and have
sex, if they get pregnant, they can just have an abortion. Abortions are
not good for the female body and can be very risky. There can be many complications. Look it up. If you had kids, would you seriously give them that advice?

I'm sure I'll get made fun of and slagged for this post, but it had to be said and I have no more to say on the matter. Let's just see now who stays true to their colors.

Llamas
01-16-2007, 07:01 PM
Personally, I balance at an intermediate grey area in abortion, but say Pro-life because I think that until we can find a better way (and define "life"), I'm pro-life. Regardless, I'm not going to argue that abortion is bad, but I don't think abortion should be viewed as this "oh, if you fuck up, you can always have an abortion". I just don't think they should be viewed that loosely, whether or not I'm for them. If abortions are used, they should be used in important cases and not just fallback for kids to just think, "Meh, if I get pregnant, I can just have an abortion". To me, that's worse than, "Meh, if I don't like my new husband after two weeks, I can just have a divorce".

Camilamazed
01-16-2007, 07:07 PM
In addition to what Bri said, Girls who are starting their sexual lives shouldn't think "Oh, If I get pregnant I'll get an abortion", they must strongly think of how avoid getting pregnant. They shouldn't work with the possibility of abortions.

Sunny
01-16-2007, 07:26 PM

The problem I see with this solution is that many young married couples (me+c, his sister+her hubby) cannot financially (or emotionally) support a child just yet... and telling people in such situations to abstain from sex til they can support a kid seems quite problematic.

llama, do you actually think women using abortions as a casual birth control method is AT ALL common?

RickyCrack
01-16-2007, 07:34 PM
On a completely related note. I've mastered the art of the pull out.

Llamas
01-16-2007, 07:41 PM
llama, do you actually think women using abortions as a casual birth control method is AT ALL common?
No, I don't think it's common... it's just that some people said things like "if you're gonna have sex, you need to be able to afford an abortion", and I'm sure people do think that, whether or not it's common.

Llamas
01-16-2007, 07:41 PM
On a completely related note. I've mastered the art of the pull out.

Shit dude, does it, like, work??

RickyCrack
01-16-2007, 07:45 PM
Shit dude, does it, like, work??

from my experience, 100% of the time.

calichix
01-16-2007, 10:06 PM
not if the gentleman doesn't have withdrawl down to a fine art like ricky.

all this abortion talk is ridiculous. if you're that worried like, a condom won't work there's a bajillion forms of birth control AND the morning after pill. telling women to just be abstinent is sooooo unrealistic. blow me.

JohnnyNemesis
01-16-2007, 10:19 PM
Well in all fairness Johnny, that's half your responses in the Politics forum.

This is very true; I'm no better than anyone. With that said:

I'm sure I'll get made fun of and slagged for this post

That's because you read even the slightest disagreement with you as a slagging no matter what the context. You're not going to get slagged for your post because there was nothing wrong with what you said, and anyone who DOES slag you is an idiot no one should bother getting riled up over.

With that said, I'm strongly against the abstinence-only approach, mostly because it's about 99.9999999999999999% complete and utter bullshit. When teenagers are in a new and exciting situation (like a potentially sexual one), it's not as easy as just remembering that maybe you shouldn't be having sex; people are impulsive and things can go either way in that situation. Telling people what their options are AND reminding them that they're not foolproof is crucial. I know that I had the self control to be careful when I was younger, but I'm only one person.

A lot of people are talking about the success rates of condoms and abortions in terms of pregnancy and the woman's health after an abortion, but the success rate of abstinence education in terms of teen pregnancies and teens having sex is embarrassingly low; I'd go as far as calling it an abomination. Abortion is never (responsibly) taught as a convenient backup plan; it's an emergency thing, whether the decision is prolonged or immediate.

T-6005
01-16-2007, 10:54 PM
I read this thread and I'm in love with Laura.

This must stop.

Mota Boy
01-16-2007, 11:22 PM
This (http://www.2think.org/abortion.shtml) is the essay that solidified my viewpoint on abortion. To me it's obvious that the morning-after pill should be readily available, and also that we shouldn't be able to "abort" a baby mere minutes before birth (http://www.offspringnation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1769&pp=10); though I've found a few problems with it, that essay finally gave me a solid answer to the line we should draw between the sperm hitting the egg for the first time and oxygen hitting the lungs for the first time.

All About Eve
01-16-2007, 11:41 PM
I'd like to point out, that just because you have the oppurtunity, doens't mean you should take it. I'm quite glad I passed one up a year back. Found out soon after the girl was batshit crazy.

wheelchairman
01-17-2007, 12:34 AM
This is not supposed to be an abortion thread you idiot people, we're supposed to be telling a 12 year old to wait at least 4 years. (or for you numbnuts who wanted to answer with your own personal wisdom and experience, until "you are ready.").

Discussing abortions? Could you people be any more less helpful? This is as pointless as the extra word in that last sentence.

calichix
01-17-2007, 12:51 AM
I read this thread and I'm in love with Laura.

This must stop.

aww yeee. <3 less get premarital, papi.

claibe, she only believes in sex for procreation. I don't know if she rails her husband then gets a pregnancy test and if it's negative rails him some more or what.. I asked if it's alright if you're recreating those hawt sex scenes from the bible and she put me on iggyz. :(

Mota Boy
01-17-2007, 12:58 AM
Mota, she only believes in sex for procreation.And yet she's trying to sell it to teenagers by telling them how good it feels?

What a maroon.

calichix
01-17-2007, 01:08 AM
she's a marmaduke of a woman.

Mota Boy
01-17-2007, 01:27 AM
So she's built like a brick house, spends all day in the house and slobbers all over you when you get home? I can see that appealing to a certain segment of the population.

Vera
01-17-2007, 02:11 AM
This thread is fucked up. Talk about overuse of a-words.

Abstinence - I think it's more of an Allah thing than a Christian God thing, to be honest.

Abortion - I agree with Per it's not an issue to be debated in here.

Asexuality - I think people can have phases where they're asexual but asexuality for life is probably a myth.

Alcohol - Most of my friends lost their virginities when drunk. Which is okay by me, as I'll probably end up doing it drunk myself, but it's just not on that you have to go puke in the middle of giving someone a blowjob. I'd imagine that's quite a turn off.

Amour/Attraction - Like Laura the Love Guru said, I think it's just important you're attracted to the person and willing to jump their bones. And not because they're horny fucks who want to jump your bones, or they're pressuring you to do it, or all your friends are horny fucks who want to jump anyone's bones. Love helps as it probably makes the whole experience easier, there's more trust involved and stuff. Though if you befriended alcohol earlier, then it's probably not an issue.

I think when it comes to using these million a-words, we should also use one C-word. Condom. They are our friends.

Sex Ed class adjourned. Next week: Stories of VD's you wouldn't wish on your worst enemies.

Little_Miss_1565
01-17-2007, 06:05 AM
Just think about this scenario.

...which is why anyone with half a brain was saying you really should be using two forms of birth control, and correctly, before having sex. It's not 100%, but it's worked for me and worked for everyone I know. The friends of mine who have gotten pregnant accidentally got pregnant in really embarassing and stupid ways--off birth control, no condom.

Besides, there's the pill option now for abortion, which is nonsurgical and doesn't carry so much risk of nasty aftereffects. It's extremely expensive which should be prohibitive enough, and there's also the fact that again anyone with half a brain knows that abortion is not birth control and you can't go out and have an abortion every month. It's a fuckload cheaper, not to mention more sane, to get the pill for like $10 a pack at Planned Parenthood, and oh grab some free condoms while you're there.

It's so important for young people to have a positive view of sex, because all the scare tactics do is teach them to fear their own bodies and fear the joy and intimacy of a sexual relationship. Yes, have a healthy fear and respect of what sex is and does and what can go wrong, but Hell House scenarios don't do that at all.

Sunny
01-17-2007, 06:13 AM
speaking of birth control, here's a nice bit of tmi: i can't wait to get a scary plastic device shoved up my vag so that i won't have to worry about babies for 5 years.

weeeeo?

Tizzalicious
01-17-2007, 06:14 AM
speaking of birth control, here's a nice bit of tmi: i can't wait to get a scary plastic device shoved up my vag so that i won't have to worry about babies for 5 years.

weeeeo?

Yay for plastic devices!

Sunny
01-17-2007, 06:17 AM
seriously.. i'm really excited. even though it'll hurt.

since you have one - did your doctor ask you creepy questions about your sex life? like, if you're monogamous and stuff? it was so weird.

Tizzalicious
01-17-2007, 06:21 AM
Hmmm, I don't remember. But then again, the first time I got it was like 6 years ago. It didn't hurt as much then by the way, it was just the second one that hurt so much that I decided I'll have babies instead next time it needs to be replaced. It was aaaaaaweful. But I think that was abnormal, because I wasn't on my period like you're supposed to be, and I just had my stomach examined 2 days before, so I was all screwed up on the iside already. So don't worry too much.

Edit: I just remembered, he did do a pregnancy and STD test before I got the first one.

mrconeman
01-17-2007, 06:24 AM
I'm quite happy to stay a virgin at 17, (lolz o.k, 18 in a few days).
I have a cousin who recently became a father at 18, a fucking father at 18, thats his life as it was completely fucked up. And I know him well, we're pretty close, and he is just not a father figure, I do feel for him, it's not going to end up well I know that for a dependable fact. Also many a friend with many a bad story, I'll say no more.

I'll happily pass on the sex, stick to other things, and be glad I'm not having a kid, because, at 18, fuck that.

Sunny
01-17-2007, 06:26 AM
tizz - yeah, i'm waiting for my period cause my doctor is making me. she says the pain is too much otherwise... so i can only imagine what you went through. geez.

pregnancy/std tests are a requirement, and a good one, obviously... but i don't get the "R U IN A COMMITTED RELATIONSHIP???" questions. like.. i am, but why does it matter? are they afraid i'll go slut it up after they give me a highly effective form of BC? eh. who knows.

Tizzalicious
01-17-2007, 06:32 AM
That really doesn't make sense no. I mean, they don't ask that when you want to go on the pill, right?

And as for the pain when you aren't on your period...SO true. It's kinda gross otherwise, but gross > horrible pain that makes you wanna die. I didn't get my period for a while though, so that's why I had to do it without :(

wheelchairman
01-17-2007, 06:45 AM
It's so important for young people to have a positive view of sex, because all the scare tactics do is teach them to fear their own bodies and fear the joy and intimacy of a sexual relationship. Yes, have a healthy fear and respect of what sex is and does and what can go wrong, but Hell House scenarios don't do that at all.

Not to mention the first time they do have sex, and only good things happen. They suddenly feel like bad things only happen in stories about other people, and believe they are invincible. It's the same with drugs.

adombomb222
01-17-2007, 06:55 AM
It's the same with drugs.

Why are you comparing sex and drugs?

Jakebert
01-17-2007, 07:00 AM
Why are you comparing sex and drugs?

Because people use scare tactics for both sex and drugs, and a lot of times all it does is make things worse.

Paint_It_Black
01-17-2007, 04:49 PM
You're the one who started shit by making that stupid change to my post and the change you made makes you an idiot.

You mean my harmless joke? The one that was obviously a joke? The one that in no way whatsoever could be deemed as "starting shit" by anyone sane?

Whatever, sorry for the confusion.

calichix
01-17-2007, 10:06 PM
guhross. tizz/sunny what's this thing called? how does it work?

Mota Boy
01-18-2007, 12:33 AM
IUD, intra-uteral device... or something. My only knowledge about 'em is from ninth-grade science classes. Apparently they irritate the uterus to the point that it gets so pissed off it decies to abort all potential kids you may have just to teach you a lesson. Something like that, but my science may be a teensy bit out of date.

Sunny
01-18-2007, 01:28 AM
guhross. tizz/sunny what's this thing called? how does it work?

it's a little plastic t-shaped dewd that makes yo uterus uninhabitable (until you take it out, that is). it's called Mirena. it's of course a mechanical obstruction.. lol.. but unlike "regular" IUDs which Mota was talking about, it *also* releases hormones, which kinda work like the pill in terms of making your stuff unwelcoming for teh spermz (it changes the cervical mucus and uterine lining...and all the other sexy stuff).

it's also supposed to make your period get smaller/go away, while the regular IUDs (like Paragard i think) make it heavier. or so my gyno says. GROSS either way.

Tizzalicious
01-18-2007, 02:04 AM
Gross but useful?

Also, the regular ones are made out of copper and these are made out of plastic, I guess it might be the copper that's not good for your baby-making-skillz? And the regular ones are mostly use on women who had kids before, these aren't. (Obviously.)