PDA

View Full Version : Next release from SPLINTER

Offspring_01
10-23-2004, 08:33 PM
Has anyone heard which song is going to be released next from Splinter (after can't get my head around you)? I heard it was going to be Spare me the details, but when?

nitropenguin!
10-23-2004, 08:36 PM
You mean a video? Well a while ago I heard from some that it's going to be Spare me the details. Then all the sudden others decided it's only going to be played on the radio. That's all I've heard. Wish I knew more.

mrconeman
10-23-2004, 08:37 PM
Spare me the details being released was just a rumour that I think spawned from people on the old BBS saying how funny a video clip for it would be offspring havent mentiond anything about another single yet so it may end up being spare me...

I personaly hope it isnt because their always being ragged on that they suck and its because their choice of singles, I mean imagine if they had released say...one fine day instead of original prankster...theyd have alot more respect I garuntee

NoHopeNoFuture
10-23-2004, 08:42 PM
Yeah I personally wouldnt want it to be spare me the details either.
a good single would the noose

Offspring_01
10-23-2004, 08:45 PM
Or race against myself would be good. Good Riff. :D

nitropenguin!
10-23-2004, 08:45 PM
I would love it if they came out with a Spare me the details vid! But of course you do have a point. It'd be better if it was The noose. Or Lightning rod =)

mrconeman
10-23-2004, 08:52 PM
I mean yeah spare me the details is a good song for comedy and funny lyrics, but so was orginal prankster and so was pretty fly untill the radio and tv played the hell out of them constantly for months so people were missing the funny messages they had to offer and just taking in the popish sound of the songs, It'l happen to spare me if they release it songs like that just dont represent offsprings sound so they shouldnt release those kinds of singles and be judged on them

never guna find me, the noose, or long way home would be their best bet for a succesfull single i think ;)

nitropenguin!
10-23-2004, 08:54 PM
I totally agree with you on that ;) great mind.

Offspring_01
10-23-2004, 08:59 PM
I mean yeah spare me the details is a good song for comedy and funny lyrics, but so was orginal prankster and so was pretty fly untill the radio and tv played the hell out of them constantly for months so people were missing the funny messages they had to offer and just taking in the popish sound of the songs, It'l happen to spare me if they release it songs like that just dont represent offsprings sound so they shouldnt release those kinds of singles and be judged on them

never guna find me, the noose, or long way home would be their best bet for a succesfull single i think ;)

your right its time for them to bring out the POWER. I think any song other than Spare me the Details or Worst Hangover Ever (Hilarious but not their true sound) would be good. When your in prison would definetly not be good. :D

Obie2trice
10-24-2004, 04:10 AM
Nah that would suck. They better don`t put another single out till the Greatest Hits.

Piedude
10-24-2004, 04:45 AM
I really doubt there'll be another single/video for splinter. Considering Head around you video was filmed 8 months ago, they're putting attension to the greatest hits album/album 8...

Also people seem to not count Da Hui when they are going through the splinter Videos and Singles but the Offspring obviously do so 3 videos for a half an hour album aint bad in their eyes.

BobdaAlkoholic
10-24-2004, 05:24 AM
Yea but the fcat is if they have a great single like The Noose they can follow up with Lighning Rod and than suddenly pop up with the Greatest Hits keeping there fans entertined and having boasted about about how many great singles they have had especially since there album sales would increase a lot.

noodler
10-24-2004, 08:46 AM
Personally i neevr quite expected the ultimate offspring song[close anyway] to be on one of their newer albums but Lightning Rod is.

They have to take advantage. I wanty other ppl to hear the desperation of thoses lyrics and that brilliant gutair chorus.

the video. maybe an animation? that guy from the LR sleeve in splinter cud be the main guy.

that wud rule

Dexter_Holland
10-24-2004, 08:52 AM
ill hope it is the noose cuz that one owns

RonWelty
10-24-2004, 09:07 AM
i think there is no more splinter videos !

Jake
10-24-2004, 10:46 AM
da hui was a promo video and no one counts as a "real" video.
i saw on offspringpower.com (i think) that there was a spare me the details cd single and they had the cover art on the site. i have heard that smtd is just radio play and that they were making a video after the splinter tour.

Offspring_01
10-24-2004, 10:52 AM
i have heard that smtd is just radio play and that they were making a video after the splinter tour.

have you heard Spare me the details on the radio yet? I sure as hell havent :confused:

Zee
10-24-2004, 10:53 AM
Of course there won't be any singles or videos from Splinter anymore. Come on, it's nearly a year the album was released! The amount of videos has been going down all the time, Americana had four, CO1 three and now only two videos...

RonWelty
10-24-2004, 10:53 AM
i know that in argentina "the worst hangover ever" is being played

Guillermo90
10-24-2004, 11:24 AM
Doubt there will be another single.

Level
10-24-2004, 11:52 AM
You can't do a video for "Spare Me The Details" because it would screw up my imagination for that song.
Dexter sitting on a chair at the stage and singing it on a acoustic guitar.. groovy, dude!!!

offspringjon
10-24-2004, 12:00 PM
If there was gonna be another single I would like it to be either Lightning Rod or Long Way Home. The logo for Lightning Rod seems to be the symbol for Splinter and it would be cool to see a video of it. However they never seem to play Lightning Rod live and they always play Long Way Home. But anyway i doubt there will be anymore singles on Splinter.

Jake
10-24-2004, 12:15 PM
i found the pik from offspring power.
http://www.offspringpower.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=115

Kitten
10-24-2004, 12:18 PM
If there is another single from Splinter, it will probably be released as a single from the greatest hits. That way its still a new song for the radio, but gives the new album a little more promotion.

Blaze64
10-24-2004, 12:18 PM
never gonna find me would be the best

Revolver-2005?
10-24-2004, 12:19 PM
never gonna find me would be a good one...or the worst hangover ever