PDA

View Full Version : Best Zelda Game

endlesst0m
01-16-2007, 02:07 PM
What would you say is the best Zelda game?

For the home consoles, I'd say the best was A Link to the Past.
For handheld, I'd say Link's Awakening.

Stranger With Candy
01-16-2007, 02:08 PM
Ocarina of Time FTW!

JohnnyNemesis
01-16-2007, 02:08 PM
A Link to the Past, no question. Ocarina of Time/Wind Waker come next. I bet my opinion will change once I play Twilight Princess though.

Lodat225
01-16-2007, 02:10 PM
A Link to The Past, Zelda II, and Majoras Mask.

The rest are garbage compared to those three.

To JohnnyNemesis; NO. No, it won't.

endlesst0m
01-16-2007, 02:11 PM
I bet my opinion will change once I play Twilight Princess though.

It won't. Pretty much all you do in Twilight Princess is go from temple to temple. I really can't stand how as soon you beat one temple(literally, right after you beat it) the Light God or whatever and your sidekick start yelling at you to get going to the next temple. Also, the environments just aren't cool and magical like they have been in previous games. Some of them are just ugly. I can't really explain why, but the different areas in Twlight Princess just aren't that cool for the most part.

wheelchairman
01-16-2007, 02:14 PM
I just bought A Link To the Past. :)

Lodat225
01-16-2007, 02:16 PM
I just bought A Link To the Past. :)

Have you ever played it before? That is the best game ever.

Italia311
01-16-2007, 02:18 PM
Link...Gold case...classic...never knew wtf was going on...but good game.

Lodat225
01-16-2007, 02:19 PM
Who here has played Zelda: The Wand of Gamelon, Zelda's Adventure and Link: The Faces of Evil for the CD-i? Was it only me?

Ok.

darea
01-16-2007, 02:28 PM
of the three old nintendo nes games, I really liked zelda II, but then ocarina of time is my fave, and the minish cap on game boy advance is sweet....
twilight princess looks good!!!

http://www.palaiszelda.com/

this is a cool (french) website with everything on zelda, this is when I saw there were so many zelda games I had never played

randman21
01-16-2007, 02:39 PM
Link's Awakening, by far.

Next would be Ocarina of Time, then Link to the Past.

Sinister
01-16-2007, 02:40 PM
three-way tie between Ocarina of Time, Link to the Past and Link's Awakening.

Prox
01-16-2007, 03:07 PM
Ocarina of Time is hard to play through a second time, because the beginning is filled with talking and a bunch of crap. Still an incredible game.

Wind Waker was the best, seeing as you could sail anywhere, and go to new towns. It was just so open, and the graphics for the Wind Waker were incredible.

Lodat225
01-16-2007, 03:38 PM
Whoever is mentioning 3D games as the best Zelda games other than Majoras Mask, should be hung.

Prox
01-16-2007, 03:43 PM
Majora's Mask was amazing, it's actually, really, really hard to decide.

Lodat225
01-16-2007, 03:45 PM
I personally think Majoras Mask was better than Ocarina of Time. Majoras Mask was more challenging, the concept of the three days was AMAZING.

Prox
01-16-2007, 03:46 PM
The dungeons were also the best. The Stone Tower Temple is probably the greatest dungeon in a Zelda game ever.

Embodude2004
01-16-2007, 03:46 PM
zelda is gay

Lodat225
01-16-2007, 03:48 PM
The dungeons were also the best. The Stone Tower Temple is probably the greatest dungeon in a Zelda game ever.

Oh! Ah! Yes. My god . So awesome. I'm going to play it again, man!

endlesst0m
01-16-2007, 03:51 PM
What do you guys think was the best game musically? I'd say A Link to the Past and Wind Waker were the most enjoyable musically.

Lodat225
01-16-2007, 03:53 PM
Ocarina of Time and ALtTP.

Prox
01-16-2007, 03:53 PM
OOT by far. The temple music, with the chanting in the fire temple, and those cool screeches in the forest temple, and just everything, and the catchy ocarina tunes.

endlesst0m
01-16-2007, 03:56 PM
I personally think Majoras Mask was better than Ocarina of Time. Majoras Mask was more challenging, the concept of the three days was AMAZING.

It was indeed an interesting and suspensful concept. Thank god for that magical bank in the town! I forget the name of the town, but that place was amazingly complex an interesting. It seemed alive in a way that the towns in Twilight Princess just don't. The only thing lame about Majora's Mask was Termina Field. That place was boring.

Lodat225
01-16-2007, 04:05 PM
Heh, yeah. Twilight Princess' towns were boring. There were only 3!

The fact that theres only 3 towns/villages that are actually considered towns is a joke, i mean Kakariko has like 2 people in it before the kids arrive, and Ordon has absolutely nothing to do and all the feeling of life goes away in it after the kids leave cause then it looks so empty. The only town worth going back to is castle town because of some mini-games and Malo Mart but other than that NPCs are still life less and either they stay still and repeat the same phrase over and over or just walk by you and not interact with you at all. They could of made the sky city an entire city of Occoo. It was called a city but it was a floating dungeon pretty much.

Don't get me started about how disappointing the hidden village was.

wheelchairman
01-16-2007, 04:13 PM
Have you ever played it before? That is the best game ever.

Yes once, 11 years ago. It was a lot of fun.

Link's Awakening for Gameboy will however always wins.

randman21
01-16-2007, 04:17 PM
Link's Awakening for Gameboy will however always wins.

True dat. Although I'm sure that my love for it is purely sentimental/nostalgic.

Prox
01-16-2007, 04:18 PM
I played Link's Awakening, the coolest part was that extra color dungeon, where you get new tunics. Also, that spikey ball guy follows you around.

And about the Twilight Princess villages, are they really that bad? I saw a video of it, it looked pretty lifelike to me. Ah well, guess i have to play it.

wheelchairman
01-16-2007, 04:24 PM
I played Link's Awakening, the coolest part was that extra color dungeon, where you get new tunics. Also, that spikey ball guy follows you around.

That was in the DX. That was fun for it's Nostalgic value. But Link's Awakening in the original black and white (or well, sickly yellow, almost black) is a classic. The gameplay is simple and good, the graphics are very 4 bit, but not shitty. Certainly better than Final Fantasy Legends (which had a better story). All in all. A lot of fun.

Endymion
01-16-2007, 05:27 PM
link to the past is my favorite, though pretty much every zelda game has been pertty good. loved ocarina of time and links awakening. the other gameboy ones, though not done directly by nintendo, were also pretty good.

Prox
01-16-2007, 06:12 PM
They are coming out with a new Zelda for DS called Phantom Hourglass. They could do a lot of challenging and interesting puzzles with the touch-screen thing.

sKratch
01-16-2007, 06:52 PM
Fuck everyone. Twilight Princess was fucking amazing.

Whoever is mentioning 3D games as the best Zelda games other than Majoras Mask, should be hung.

You're right. I have a huge dick.

Jebus
01-16-2007, 07:02 PM
Heh, yeah. Twilight Princess' towns were boring. There were only 3!

The fact that theres only 3 towns/villages that are actually considered towns is a joke, i mean Kakariko has like 2 people in it before the kids arrive, and Ordon has absolutely nothing to do and all the feeling of life goes away in it after the kids leave cause then it looks so empty. The only town worth going back to is castle town because of some mini-games and Malo Mart but other than that NPCs are still life less and either they stay still and repeat the same phrase over and over or just walk by you and not interact with you at all. They could of made the sky city an entire city of Occoo. It was called a city but it was a floating dungeon pretty much.

Don't get me started about how disappointing the hidden village was.
lawlz, lodat is stealing from other forums again.
http://boards.ign.com/legend_of_zelda/b5188/134603830/p1/

and my favorites are a Link to the Past and Ocarina of Time.

nieh
01-16-2007, 07:13 PM

Seriously, why? Was he just too lazy to type that out himself?

Anyway, out of the ones I've played, Link to the Past is the best. I really liked Link's Awakening up to a point and then I just lost interest for some reason and never ended up beating it. Ocarina of Time was very good as well.

the_offsprings_monkey
01-16-2007, 07:16 PM

My god you're just... Amazing! Zing!

Anyways, The best one I think I've ever played was Links Awakening. Wasn't too keen on the N64 ones, although they were good.

Endymion
01-16-2007, 07:30 PM
They are coming out with a new Zelda for DS called Phantom Hourglass. They could do a lot of challenging and interesting puzzles with the touch-screen thing.

i've heard such things as you'll be able to draw/write on the maps and when you use the boomerang, you draw out it's path or something like that.

Prox
01-16-2007, 07:32 PM
Yeah, right here (http://www.gamespot.com/ds/adventure/thelegendofzeldads/media.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=tabs) there are videos of it.

endlesst0m
01-16-2007, 08:31 PM

Why the hell did you follow up on that? That's insane! It wasn't even like he said anything that was so intriguing or so well said that it seemed suspicious. Just how often do you follow up on Lodat's posts?

Professor Chaos
01-16-2007, 08:40 PM
Basically whenever Lodat states his opinion, you can rest assured that it's actually word for word someone else's opinion.

Jebus
01-16-2007, 08:56 PM
I wish I could talk about Zelda in more detail but I haven't played any of those game in years. To be honest, I could barely remember anything about a Link to the Past. I just remember it being one of my favorite SNES games.

Also, has anyone else heard of Ocarina of Time in 2d?
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2119000

Why the hell did you follow up on that? That's insane! It wasn't even like he said anything that was so intriguing or so well said that it seemed suspicious. Just how often do you follow up on Lodat's posts?
Because it was a somewhat well thought-out paragraph with some actual substance and examples. It wasn't particularly special but I've never seen lodat write a paragraph.

How often do I follow up on lodat? First time since he left.

endlesst0m
01-16-2007, 09:23 PM
That's a pretty pathetic thing to do Lodat. It's not like you have to be really smart to give your opinion on a video game. Also, why would you continue to copy when you've been caught many times before? Usually pressure motivates people to cheat, but what pressure do you face from this forum? It doesn't even really matter what the people here think of you.

All About Eve
01-16-2007, 11:08 PM
Ocarina of time is my favorite. Twilight Princess is fun as hell, although I've only gone a little ways through, as it's really my friend's wii/game. The gameboy games were generally pretty good, as was A Link to the Past. Majora's Mask made me want to quit living. The moon and the time limit... argh.

mrconeman
01-17-2007, 05:05 AM
A Link to the Past > All others.
I have yet to play Twilight Princess, or find the motivation to actually want to, so I'll just stick to my guns.

Grabbal
01-17-2007, 08:22 AM
A Link to the past without a question..
It just gives you (me) that special feeling..

Zeall
01-17-2007, 10:04 AM
i've only ever had chance to play Links Awakening fully in the past, and i really enjoyed it

anyone else seen the Legend of Zelda cartoon?

"Well EXCUUUUSE me, Princess!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPxY8lpYAUM

darea
01-17-2007, 10:15 AM
lol that "excuuuuuuuuuse me princess" tends to get annoying lol never seen thte cartoon, I know that there is also a manga, japanese comic book of it, but Ive never found it in anything else but japanese, don't know if you can get it in english or french

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCOvbphy5tw
this is a nice video

Acoustic1804
01-17-2007, 12:39 PM
Ocarina of Time is one of the best games I have ever played for sure! It was so incredibly long though....I heard someone beat it in under 6 hours...I refuse to believe it.

Sinister
01-17-2007, 12:42 PM
I'm in the process of beating it, and I think it's possible to actually do it in <6 hours of gaming time (that is, excluding cutscenes and such).

Acoustic1804
01-17-2007, 12:49 PM
I'm in the process of beating it, and I think it's possible to actually do it in <6 hours of gaming time (that is, excluding cutscenes and such).

I read in my record book that he did it in 5 hours and 39 minutes. Amazing. I reckon you'd have to know the game pretty damn well to do that. I wouldn't get much further than the adult stage by that amount of time.

Prox
01-17-2007, 01:16 PM
I saw a video where a guy beat OOT in four hours and forty minutes.

F@ BANKZ
01-17-2007, 02:07 PM
I saw a video where a guy beat OOT in four hours and forty minutes.

You saw all of that???

Ocarina of Time FTW!

He said it, i don't really like Zelda games but this one was quite entertaining.

endlesst0m
01-17-2007, 09:50 PM
Ocarina of Time FTW!

I know everyone is entitled to thier own opinion, but quite frankly, it bothers me when people say Ocarina of Time was better than Majora's Mask. The way I see it, the main missions in both these games were both equally awesome, but Majora's mask had more extra stuff to do. Remember the side mission with that dude with the Keaton mask in Clock town? That was such a complicated process, but it was a lot of fun to do and I love little side missions like that.

Grabbal
01-18-2007, 03:15 AM
I never tried Majoras mask..
Hopefully it'll come to Virtual console..

Dr. Shadow
01-18-2007, 05:10 AM
Majora's Mask was actually challenging. Ocarina of Time was easy as fuck.

Grabbal
01-18-2007, 05:38 AM
Majora's Mask was actually challenging. Ocarina of Time was easy as fuck.

But was Majoras mask better??

Lodat225
01-18-2007, 10:50 AM
I know everyone is entitled to thier own opinion, but quite frankly, it bothers me when people say Ocarina of Time was better than Majora's Mask. The way I see it, the main missions in both these games were both equally awesome, but Majora's mask had more extra stuff to do. Remember the side mission with that dude with the Keaton mask in Clock town? That was such a complicated process, but it was a lot of fun to do and I love little side missions like that.

Exactly.

Yes. Majoras Mask was better. WAY better. OoT was too easy. Majoras Mask was both challenging and fun.

sKratch, you obviously haven't played any other Zelda game if you believe Twilight Princess was better.

JohnnyNemesis
01-18-2007, 10:52 AM
Ocarina of Time was NOT easy the first time around. It ranged from easy at times to quite tricky. Majora's Mask is the only one I never played, and even though I have it on the Gamecube promo disc they included when you pre-ordered The Wind Waker, I've never had time to really get into it. Someday I will, though.

Grabbal
01-18-2007, 10:56 AM
OOT was pretty fucking challenging for me when I got it, but then again I was about 8 years old so..

Lodat225
01-18-2007, 11:00 AM
Ocarina of Time was NOT easy the first time around. It ranged from easy at times to quite tricky. Majora's Mask is the only one I never played, and even though I have it on the Gamecube promo disc they included when you pre-ordered The Wind Waker, I've never had time to really get into it. Someday I will, though.

True. But compared to Majoras Mask, it was pretty easy. PLAY MM.

Grabbal
01-18-2007, 11:07 AM
I'll download project 64 and see for myself..