PDA

View Full Version : Sports talk show talking shit about the Offspring.

gtrman09
01-17-2007, 01:27 AM
Based in Los Angeles, CA, the daytime AM-radio sports talk show "PMS - The Petros and Money Show" airs on KLAC AM-570 from 4-7pm PST, Monday thru Friday. I'm a big fan of Petros Papadakis, but I was sad to learn that he considers my favorite band, The Offspring, "the worst band in the history of bands,":eek: among other insults. The radio station offers podcasts in mp3 format of all of their shows on their website at http://www.570klac.com/cc-common/podcast.html for free. You are looking to download "HOUR 1 & 2" of the 01/12/07 episode. In HOUR 1 the Offspring is mentioned at approx. 8:46, and in HOUR 2 at approx. 7:33.

You can e-mail your outrage, as I did, to pms@am570radio.com.

Oh, and by the way, the "Money" half of "The Petros and Money Show" is Matt "Money" Smith who also works for the "Kevin and Bean Show" on KROQ, (The Offspring was once named the #3 biggest KROQ band of all time, and their songs are consistently played everyday on the station) and Money didn't even have the 'spring's back, he just let Petros talk shit.

So there ya go, my first post, ever, ever ever ever, fuckin ever.

neocon58
01-17-2007, 01:34 AM
I like the music...some of it, but the offpring are pretty easy to talk shit about.

gtrman09
01-17-2007, 01:39 AM
what do you mean they're easy to talk shit about. they're a good band, a really good band. panic! at the disco are easy to talk shit about cuz they are fake, but the offspring are as real as they come, i dont see how anyone could talk shit.

SkunkIt
01-17-2007, 02:18 AM
The guy is obviously a moron and hasn't heard of Slipknot and Limp Bizkit. People will diss your favorite band anywhere you go though, but that's just their opinion, so don't take it to heart and chill. :)

Chachi1856
01-17-2007, 02:28 AM
The guy is obviously a moron and hasn't heard of Slipknot and Limp Bizkit. People will diss your favorite band anywhere you go though, but that's just their opinion, so don't take it to heart and chill. :)

I concur. Word.:cool:

SkunkIt
01-17-2007, 02:30 AM
Welcome to the board, Chachi1856!

BuddyHolly
01-17-2007, 09:15 AM
I can only find the 1/15 and the 1/16 podcast...

Talman
01-17-2007, 09:46 AM
It's an opinion. He probably gets off on the fact that people like you get so pissed off over it. Sending him hate mail will probably just make him laugh even more. Alot of people don't like the band. so fuck. You do, and that's all that should matter to you.

StayInTheHouseCarl
01-17-2007, 10:17 AM
OH NO SOME ONE HAS SPOKEN ILL OF THE OFFSPRING!!! WE SHALL HUNT THEM DOWN, TEAR OUT THEIR FEMURS, AND BEAT THEM TO A BLOODY PULP!!!

.... seriously dude, don't fret about it. Some people like the offspring, some people dont. its just not their cup of tea, thats all. like when you said panic at the disco sucked ( i hate them as well), someone else that loved them would get irate that you talked crap on their favorite band.

Marco
01-17-2007, 10:46 AM
Just deal with it. The Offspring are so underrated. If the Offspring have a huge (and I mean HUGE) success with the new album, that radio's going to say they're good. *sings: "That's the way things gooooooo oooo oi-oi-oi*

F@ BANKZ
01-17-2007, 01:56 PM
Based in Los Angeles, CA, the daytime AM-radio sports talk show "PMS - The Petros and Money Show" airs on KLAC AM-570 from 4-7pm PST, Monday thru Friday. I'm a big fan of Petros Papadakis, but I was sad to learn that he considers my favorite band, The Offspring, "the worst band in the history of bands,":eek: among other insults. The radio station offers podcasts in mp3 format of all of their shows on their website at http://www.570klac.com/cc-common/podcast.html for free. You are looking to download "HOUR 1 & 2" of the 01/12/07 episode. In HOUR 1 the Offspring is mentioned at approx. 8:46, and in HOUR 2 at approx. 7:33.

You can e-mail your outrage, as I did, to pms@am570radio.com.

Oh, and by the way, the "Money" half of "The Petros and Money Show" is Matt "Money" Smith who also works for the "Kevin and Bean Show" on KROQ, (The Offspring was once named the #3 biggest KROQ band of all time, and their songs are consistently played everyday on the station) and Money didn't even have the 'spring's back, he just let Petros talk shit.

So there ya go, my first post, ever, ever ever ever, fuckin ever.

What do you know as soon as they stop releaseing albums that sell 10 million+ they're deemed a discrase, i mean fuck sake very few people talked like this when there was success with Smash and, not so much, Americana.

SkunkIt
01-17-2007, 02:35 PM
OH NO SOME ONE HAS SPOKEN ILL OF THE OFFSPRING!!! WE SHALL HUNT THEM DOWN, TEAR OUT THEIR FEMURS, AND BEAT THEM TO A BLOODY PULP!!!

Signaturasaurusnessess.

JohnnyNemesis
01-17-2007, 02:39 PM
what do you mean they're easy to talk shit about. they're a good band, a really good band. panic! at the disco are easy to talk shit about cuz they are fake, but the offspring are as real as they come, i dont see how anyone could talk shit.

Oh god, you can't be real. But you are, aren't you.

You are.

*shudder*

Llamas
01-17-2007, 02:43 PM
I thought the same thing, Ricky. :(

People, Offspring are known for songs like Pretty Fly and Original Prankster. Even songs like Come Out and Play are easy to make fun of. I'm not saying they're all bad songs (they're not), but they're so easy to make fun of. Even their less known songs are funny.. like a 30 year old guy writing the lyrics to "Smash". I mean, come on.

SkunkIt
01-17-2007, 02:45 PM
How dare you! Dexter is making a statement, by telling us he's not a trendy asshole and that he's alive.:mad:

Llamas
01-17-2007, 02:47 PM
How dare you! Dexter is making a statement, by telling us he's not a trendy asshole and that he's alive.:mad:

if you have to announce that you're not trendy at the age of 30, you really need to grow up. :p

SkunkIt
01-17-2007, 02:55 PM
NEVER! Conforming trendy cheerleading assholes are not punx like Dexter!:mad:

We will never lose to you!
We will never lose TO YOU!

JohnnyNemesis
01-17-2007, 03:01 PM
I am LOLing super hard at the Neocon reference. Though I must say, it's funny how people have always made fun of Dexter for the kinds of songs he writes as his age, overlooking the kinds of things their own favorite musicians write in relation to their respective ages. Really odd.

but yeah, lolz.

Sarah's gonna kill us for this thread :(

Biggest offspring fan
01-17-2007, 03:03 PM
I kill everybody that talks shit about the offspring....

Llamas
01-17-2007, 03:04 PM
I am LOLing super hard at the Neocon reference. Though I must say, it's funny how people have always made fun of Dexter for the kinds of songs he writes as his age, overlooking the kinds of things their own favorite musicians write in relation to their respective ages. Really odd.
Well, I make fun of Dexter's lyrics, and the Offspring is kind of my favorite band (or one of them). :P Most of my other favorite bands have really depressing or romantic or mature lyrics. I'm getting old.

Sarah's gonna kill us for this thread :(
I noes. we'll buy her a bottle of Bourbon and all will be forgiven.:)

SkunkIt
01-17-2007, 03:12 PM
I kill everybody that talks shit about the offspring....

You are so intimidating. *shits pants* :(

StayInTheHouseCarl
01-18-2007, 12:43 AM
if people knew that offspring fans were femur- harvesters... they would think twice about speaking ill of the band...

im just sayin'. most people would like to keep their femurs.

MasoN
01-18-2007, 10:02 AM
Well..........you see, as someone mentioned earlier, everyones entitled to their own oppinion, thats just their point of view, and sometimes its different from yours. You might as well say that Justin Timberlake suck some major balls, but , some 16 y.o. girl might be thinking differently, and she loves the dude....So yeah, my suggestion would be to chillax, and ignore whatever people sometimes say, it`ll make your life so much more enjoyable.

later

Ninty Man
01-18-2007, 12:35 PM
Well... many people thinks My chemical romange are a great band... the world is shit

Plumey
01-18-2007, 01:34 PM
What's shit about the world is that we're all capable of having different opinions. That's just a war waiting to happen, dude. In a perfect world, we'd all think the same way about everything, and I mean EVERYTHING.

Jakebert
01-19-2007, 04:37 AM
Holy shit, this is almost as funny as the "THEY DIDN'T WISH ME A MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!" thread.

Venom Symbiote
01-19-2007, 04:56 AM
What's shit about the world is that we're all capable of having different opinions. That's just a war waiting to happen, dude. In a perfect world, we'd all think the same way about everything, and I mean EVERYTHING.

I only wish you weren't being sarcastic. Everything you just said that is pretty-much right.