PDA

View Full Version : iPod question.

Jakebert
01-17-2007, 03:14 PM
So, I was just listening to mine, and I went to change tracks, when suddenly the screen froze and it stopped playing. Has this every happened to anyone else/what should I do? I've tried plugging it into my computer, but it's still frozen.

That_Guy91
01-17-2007, 03:37 PM
Get a Zune?

Jakebert
01-17-2007, 03:43 PM
Yeah, while I've been asking for help, I've also been looking at my cash situation and looking at either buying an iRiver or a Zune, both of which I've heard good things about.

Lars
01-17-2007, 03:45 PM
I know for my old g3 ipod (had the touch scroll and 4 buttons above it) you were supposed to flick the hold button back and forth (once or twice, I'm not sure anymore) and then hold down the play/pause and menu button (I think those were the ones, they were the middle two) for some seconds and it'd restart. No idea if its the same on the newer ones, the Apple FAQ page probably has the answer somewhere.

Sunny
01-17-2007, 03:47 PM
reset it. if that doesn't work, just let the battery drain completely and when the screen goes off, plug it in. it should work.

Jakebert
01-17-2007, 03:57 PM
I know for my old g3 ipod (had the touch scroll and 4 buttons above it) you were supposed to flick the hold button back and forth (once or twice, I'm not sure anymore) and then hold down the play/pause and menu button (I think those were the ones, they were the middle two) for some seconds and it'd restart. No idea if its the same on the newer ones, the Apple FAQ page probably has the answer somewhere.

I tried it, doesn't work since the screen is frozen. Thanks for the help, though.

reset it. if that doesn't work, just let the battery drain completely and when the screen goes off, plug it in. it should work.

I don't know how to reset it, actually. When I plugged it in to my computer, the "mass storage device" thing that usually comes up didn't this time, so I dunno if letting the battery run out will work, but it's worth a shot. Thanks.

Lars
01-17-2007, 04:05 PM
Restart/Reset, same thing really.

Follow this guide apple have http://www.apple.com/support/ipod/five_rs/

Dr. Shadow
01-17-2007, 04:13 PM
I've been having the same problem. You may have to update your itunes and ipod.

Jakebert
01-17-2007, 04:23 PM
Thanks for the page, but I tried all of them except for uninstalling then reinstalling everything, and since my iPod isn't registering on the computer, nothing is working. I would try the uninstall-reinstall, but I just charged it on the computer about an hour before this happened and it was working just fine then, so I know it's not the computer part of it that's screwed up.

Jakebert
01-17-2007, 04:42 PM
Update: Even though I had sat here pushing the menu and click buttons for like 20 minutes without anything happening, I figured I'd try it one last time for the hell of it. Well, after holding it in for 10 seconds longer than I was before, it fixed. So, feel free to make fun of me, and thank you for your help.

Lodat225
01-17-2007, 07:20 PM
Get a Zune?

OH, I HEARD THAT LOUD AND CLEAR!