PDA

View Full Version : Bandits of the Acoustic Revolution

DeAtHsTaR
01-17-2007, 06:28 PM
Dear God what an incredible band. I mean, HOLY SHIT. Tomas Kalnoky's lyrics and arrangements are just so fucking brilliant! I love this section in "They Provide the Paint for the Picture Perfect Masterpiece That You Will Paint on the Inside of Your Eyelids"

The thing they said went to you head but you never tried to understand: in the end you will never take back what they take when take what they can because they can from you. You follow me and you follow me but you never ask why and I wonder what youíre under could this be another piece of the ďI donít know I just do what they say because they say what to do in a matter of fact wayĒ but donít stop because you might get burned and you might just learn to stand on your own two feet and I think that itís neat how you learn to repeat everything that you hear in the street so well.

I just today noticed all the references to songs off of Keasbey Nights are in that verse.

coke_a_holic
01-17-2007, 06:31 PM
Psh, use the search button, I've got a thread for them WITH all the songs for download!

EDIT: Nevermind, they all ran out. Here are the downloads for Streetlight Manifesto fans/people who like good music.

1. Intro - This is a Call to Arms (http://www.savefile.com/files/109331)
2. Here's to Life (http://www.savefile.com/files/112123)
3. Dear Sergio: (http://www.savefile.com/files/112134)
4. It's a Wonderful Life (http://www.savefile.com/files/112159)
5. They Provide the Paint for the Picture-Perfect Masterpiece you will Paint on the Inside of your Eyelids (http://www.savefile.com/files/112188)

Apathy
01-17-2007, 08:50 PM
Indeed an awesome band, but someones going to have to explain where he references all of the different songs.

I must not be savvy enough to get it.

DeAtHsTaR
01-17-2007, 09:03 PM
Indeed an awesome band, but someones going to have to explain where he references all of the different songs.

I must not be savvy enough to get it.

Not all of them, but quite a few. I can only identify Sick and Sad, and Keasbey Nights, but it just feels like he references a few more.

Apathy
01-17-2007, 09:18 PM
Ehhh, I dunno.

I think it's just because he's lazy and he reuses lots of little parts of lyrics because he likes them.

Many of his songs and lyrical patterns are alike, if not exactly the same. But that's OK in this case, because they're phenomenal.

DeAtHsTaR
01-17-2007, 09:21 PM
"but donít stop because you might get burned and you might just learn to stand on your own two feet and I think that itís neat how you learn to repeat everything that you hear"

Reference to Keasbey.

Reference to Sick and Sad.

For proof he had this in mind, look at this line.

Jebus
01-17-2007, 09:23 PM
Coke_a_holic, deathstar, Apathy, and 1979 are like one person to me now.

"Streetlight Manifesto, blah blah blah..."

Apathy
01-17-2007, 09:27 PM
Hey!
Just because we were all born within a year of each other and we happen to love a certain band....

I mean, they're a good band. :(

Ricky likes them too! And he's not a skinny teenage white boy!

coke_a_holic
01-17-2007, 09:31 PM

You're just jealous.

And gay.

0r4ng3
01-17-2007, 09:35 PM

1979? He's not even in this thread. Besides, he's more like "Billy Talent, blah blah blah...". As am I.

DeAtHsTaR
01-17-2007, 09:36 PM
1979? He's not even in this thread. Besides, he's more like "Billy Talent, blah blah blah...". As am I.

I like Billy Talent too...Apathy, do you like Billy Talent?

Jebus
01-17-2007, 09:39 PM
0r4ng3, I think you just feel left out because I didn't include you. I was this close to typing your name too, but I was like meh. Too azn.

0r4ng3
01-17-2007, 09:42 PM
Also, I grew out of the Streetlight Manifesto phase. Don't get me wrong, they're good, but I don't listen to them as much as I used to.

Also, too azn.

Apathy
01-17-2007, 09:56 PM
I like Billy Talent too...Apathy, do you like Billy Talent?

indeed I do.

I made most of you like Big D too.

Let's have music sex with each other, srs.

coke_a_holic
01-17-2007, 10:44 PM
I don't like Billy Talent. Does that mean I'm no longer blended with everyone else?

JohnnyNemesis
01-17-2007, 10:49 PM
Ricky likes them too! And he's not a skinny teenage white boy!

Word! They're the only ska band I listen to, even though I like the genre. But Streetlight Manifesto is so good that they defy genre oh my holy fuck they're so good.

I don't like Billy Talent. Does that mean I'm no longer blended with everyone else?

No, it just means you're no longer bringing the awesome like you used to!

coke_a_holic
01-17-2007, 11:37 PM
I mean, I have the cd (thanks to Jesse); it's alright, but I fail to see what all the drooling is about. This is where I would shrug if I felt like pressing the asterisk key.

Maybe I'll listen to it again and see it in another light, but the whole poppy-punky genre of music doesn't appeal to me very much anymore.

JohnnyNemesis
01-17-2007, 11:42 PM
There are about 5 or 6 songs on there that underwhelm me, while the rest make me want to fucking cry with joy. It's not for everyone though, of course.

Back on topic, I didn't know that Kalnoky had anything to do with BotAR as I skimmed through them being mentioned all over the BBS. I'll have to czech* them out.

*lawlz,get it?! 'cause he was born in the Czech Republic? So maybe I'll CZECH them out? Ya know? CZECH! LAWLZ!

RickyCrack
01-18-2007, 12:37 AM
Vaclav Havel.

Apathy
01-18-2007, 05:57 AM
Back on topic, I didn't know that Kalnoky had anything to do with BotAR as I skimmed through them being mentioned all over the BBS. I'll have to czech* them out.

You'll probably like them more than Streetlight.

I know, I know. I thought it was impossible too, but you shall see. Try to find the original Here's To Life and the song Dain mentioned.

nieh
01-18-2007, 07:16 AM

Almost everyone in Streetlight Manifesto was also in BOTAR, plus they had a string section. They only released one EP, one of the songs was a re-recording of Dear Sergio, one was the original (and superior) version of Here's to Life. I think the other ones were only ever released on that album.

JohnnyNemesis
01-18-2007, 10:48 AM
Sounds good to me, friends. I'll try to get my hands on that there EP.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
01-18-2007, 11:41 AM

Nah.

You know Billy Talent's going back on tour in America?

I was also surprised Jesse wasn't mentioned here, PilZ-E too.

I don't like Billy Talent.

...yet.

--
On topic, BOTAR is good, I like 'em and all, but I still wouldn't care if they just quit.

WebDudette
01-18-2007, 12:38 PM
They are pretty damn amazing. BotARs 'Heres to Life' > Streetlights 'Heres to Life'.

coke_a_holic
01-18-2007, 01:15 PM
Sounds good to me, friends. I'll try to get my hands on that there EP.

I posted links to all the songs in the second post of the thread. I've been whoring this band out for months, but nobody ever payed attention and I was all sadz.

1979: I have the cd, I don't see what the fuss is about.

WebDudette
01-18-2007, 01:40 PM
I agree with coke about Billy Talent. Sure, they are good but I honestly can't see why you guys like them so much.

DeAtHsTaR
01-18-2007, 04:11 PM
BOTAR- A Call to Arms (http://www.bestsharing.com/f/ms001125780) .rar file

Apathy
01-18-2007, 08:25 PM
Eh, I guess I agree about Billy Talent for the most part.

They are very catchy and If I'm in a pop-punk mood they're fantastic. However there isn't really anything special about them.

0r4ng3
01-18-2007, 08:29 PM
Look, I understand that people don't have to love them, but can we all please stop referring to them as pop-punk? They're not even regular punk. They're just...different.

Also, to bring it back to topic, I'm considering downloading the EP now. I'll give an opinion on it later.

Apathy
01-18-2007, 08:47 PM
Wait.... so you've read this thread how many times without downloading it yet?

I thought I could trust you to do the right thing, I really did.

And normally I'd argue that Billy Talent is in fact some form of pop injected punk however this thread needs to be reseved for more botar awesomeness.

Seriously, download it already.

RickyCrack
01-18-2007, 11:24 PM
Y'all will be glad to know that apparently TK is working on a full length Botar album, however, who knows when it will actually be released.

coke_a_holic
01-18-2007, 11:45 PM
People are like "I'll find it eventually..." just scroll up. I already posted the links to all the songs of the cd, you don't need to go on some kind of quest for fantastic music. Though if you want to up your experience points by doing it, then you can go right on ahead.

0r4ng3
01-29-2007, 07:45 PM
So I downloaded the EP just now. I don't like it any more or any less than Streetlight Manifesto, but it'll most likely grow on me.

WebDudette
02-22-2007, 09:06 PM
Haha, the end of the booklet in the Call To Arms EP says "(A full length is due later in 2002)". I suppose he could have been talking about Everything Goes Numb though.

I think I might actually prefer a full length BotAR to a new Streetlight Manifesto.

0r4ng3
02-22-2007, 09:11 PM
Both BotAR and Streetlight Manifesto are expected to release stuff within the next year or so.

And, as I predicted in my other post, the EP did grow on me. It's pretty good.

WebDudette
02-22-2007, 09:13 PM
Really? I knew that Streetlight were going to put something out 'soon', but I hadn't heard anything on BotAR.
Awesome.

coke_a_holic
03-04-2007, 01:05 PM
Awesome, BOTAR has just updated their website to be roughly as useless as it was before! At least we know they're doing something, though...

www.acousticbandits.com

DeAtHsTaR
05-13-2007, 11:30 PM
I'm bumping this thread just to say that the scream at the end of BOTAR's version of Here's to Life is goddamn amazing and if you disagree you are wrong.

DeAtHsTaR
08-24-2007, 10:42 AM
A post from Achilles Kalnoky on myspace....

hey this is tomas's brother achilles, (i play the violin). Just wanted to tell you guys that the new botar record should be out before december. I'm sure you will all enjoy hearing it as much as us guys enjoyed making it (which from the emails we have received is more than enough), so..lets get down to business, new instruments on the album are as follows... the waterflute, the bassoon, the ocarina, steel drums and a whole lot more. On behalf of the acoustic revolution and myself id like to apologise on the lack of updates on the website (its now out of my hands), I can tell you this as of now:

A) we have 20 tracks recorded as of june 2007
B) album name under construction is "Risc revolution"
C) many guest vocalists to appear (some you may not expect )
D) the album is as i am aware over 90 minutes in length.
E) expect artwork, release date, tracklisting and song snippets on www.acousticbandits.com within the next 3 or 4 weeks.
that is all..

Viva La Revolucion
Achilles

coke_a_holic
08-24-2007, 10:45 AM
thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you.

I'm excited.

In related news: The new webmaster for the Streetlight Manifesto site accidentally hinted at the new Streetlight cd coming out in November.

People on their unofficial message board uploaded 30mb of Lemon Party to Rapidshare, claimed it was the new cd, and started going crazy about how it leaked, and he was like "is this what you guys are going to be doing for the next three months?"

0r4ng3
08-24-2007, 10:47 AM
Holy crap, 20 tracks at 90+ minutes? I'm excited for the new album, and I'm not even that big a fan.

nieh
08-24-2007, 02:19 PM
C) many guest vocalists to appear (some you may not expect )

zomg, Patton!~?

nieh
09-27-2007, 01:32 PM
So, who does everyone think is going to do guest vocals on this? My guesses:

At least one of the guys from RBF will probably be on there (Streetlight and RBF have toured together like 37 times)
Possibly someone from Less Than Jake (they've also toured with Streetlight but I'm not sure how many times)
The guy from Catch 22
The guy from Fishbone
Tim Armstrong
Maybe someone from Suicide Machines
And since they went out of their way to say 'some you won't expect', I wouldn't be surprised if someone like John Mayer was on there.

coke_a_holic
09-27-2007, 01:42 PM
Gwen Stefani
Fergie
Shakira
Jeff Rosenstock
Dave McWane

Probably a few of those.

Apathy
09-27-2007, 08:24 PM
Dave McWane

!!!

!
I have no idea where those others came from, but they're right. I would definitely not expect them.

coke_a_holic
09-27-2007, 09:04 PM
I'm just speculating, nothing I say is fact.

Also, the chick from Arch Enemy. And Soulja Boy.

RickyCrack
09-27-2007, 09:08 PM
dan potthast

nieh
11-20-2007, 09:19 AM
Any news in regards to the whole "before December" thing?

Apathy
11-20-2007, 11:17 PM
I would say that Kalnoky and friends are a bunch of time-warped dicks who manage to give false promises on release dates for every album they come in contact with but no one cares because they're worth it in the end.

But that's not news.

I just heard an interview in which TK says that the Bandits have "30 songs written". But it was from a while back and I'm speculating that some were morphed into Streetlight's new album.

Autonomist
11-21-2007, 05:31 AM
So, who does everyone think is going to do guest vocals on this?

Pharrell Williams.