PDA

View Full Version : Valentines Day

vineela
01-18-2007, 02:10 AM
Hi all,

I am new to this forum....very glad to participate in this forum.
As valentines day is coming up...just wanna wish u all a
HAPPY VALENTINES DAY...............!

Tizzalicious
01-18-2007, 02:11 AM
You're like a month early.

the_GoDdEsS
01-18-2007, 02:27 AM
This is worse than Christmas ads some time in September. And maybe a spammer, judging by the sig.

Llamas
01-18-2007, 02:42 AM
wasn't she the one who came into the photo album and started saying "hi I'm new I don't speak english well"? If it was, I don't think it's a spammer... otherwise, probably.

the_GoDdEsS
01-18-2007, 02:52 AM
It says it registered today only.

Nina
01-18-2007, 02:53 AM
I wish this thread was real. totally wanna talk about it now.

Llamas
01-18-2007, 02:57 AM
Valentine's Day is just a gimmick for Hallmark to make more money.

Yes, I'm single. :p

Tizzalicious
01-18-2007, 02:59 AM
I wish this thread was real. totally wanna talk about it now.

We can make it real? Go ahead!

Nina
01-18-2007, 03:03 AM
Haha. you're right.

I never considered Valentine's Day something that needs to be taken seriously, for reasons that have already been stated. But now I think...why not turn it into more than that? You dont have to celebrate Valentine's Day by buying flowers, chocolate or cards...you can do other things and still enjoy that day.

People often argue against Valentine's Day with "but why do you need to have a specific day, told to you by others, on which you have to appriciate on another?" I personally like to have specific days which you can "use" to show how much you love your dearest people. It would be a perfect world if we were always aware of how to show our loved ones that we love them.

I think I was already able to make my boyfriend extremely happy on Christmas...I really hope I can achieve the same on Valentine's Day.

Sunny
01-18-2007, 03:50 AM
I think I was already able to make my boyfriend extremely happy on Christmas...I really hope I can achieve the same on Valentine's Day.

same. :D i don't have anything planned yet though... just a couple of ideas. i know what i'm getting him though.

my view on valentine's day has been fluctuating quite a bit.. but currently, the way i see it... sure you should show love every day of the year and stuff, but it's fun to have a special day to plan for. =p

and sure it's a hallmark holiday, but i've yet to meet a guy who can say no to a damn nice dinner, gifts, and a good massage followed by funthings just because its a "corporate holiday". amirite?

Llamas
01-18-2007, 04:01 AM
and sure it's a hallmark holiday, but i've yet to meet a guy who can say no to a damn nice dinner, gifts, and a good massage followed by funthings just because its a "corporate holiday". amirite?
I only said it to give the "typical single-girl" response. I'm totally just like most girls who love valentine's day when they're not single, and hate it when they are. :p

Tizzalicious
01-18-2007, 04:07 AM
my view on valentine's day has been fluctuating quite a bit.. but currently, the way i see it... sure you should show love every day of the year and stuff, but it's fun to have a special day to plan for. =p

I agree completely, also with what Nina said. Besides, it's only as commercial as you make it yourself.

I will be in Holland for Valentines day. Boo.

Sin Studly
01-18-2007, 04:55 AM
I only celebrate St Patrick's Day and Hitler's Birthday.

JohnnyNemesis
01-18-2007, 10:34 AM
Valentine's Day is corporate, Hallmark, expected ghey selloutz/trupunx/iamsorite comment, etc.

calichix
01-18-2007, 01:32 PM
valentine's day haters drive me insane. valentine's day is soooooooo much fun. if you're with someone it's an excuse to do and say all the romantic disgusting things that you wouldn't normally do/say and if you're single you can make out with everyone. I've already got like 4 abajillion valentines whose caps I'm gon bust if they don't send me hillary duff valentines and those creepy animals that sing hits from the 70s.

the_offsprings_monkey
01-18-2007, 01:37 PM
You're like a month early.

Better than being a month late! That shit is scary.

el_monkey
01-18-2007, 01:39 PM
wasn't she the one who came into the photo album and started saying "hi I'm new I don't speak english well"? If it was, I don't think it's a spammer... otherwise, probably.

nope, that was some brazil one

el_monkey
01-18-2007, 01:40 PM
what a sweet poem

0r4ng3
01-18-2007, 01:42 PM
Happy VD, everyone!

JohnnyNemesis
01-18-2007, 02:20 PM
valentine's day haters drive me insane. valentine's day is soooooooo much fun. if you're with someone it's an excuse to do and say all the romantic disgusting things that you wouldn't normally do/say and if you're single you can make out with everyone. I've already got like 4 abajillion valentines whose caps I'm gon bust if they don't send me hillary duff valentines and those creepy animals that sing hits from the 70s.

I love you.

Valentines Day is full of class,
Valentines Day can KISS MY ASS!!!

I wish you were fucking dead.

Llamas
01-18-2007, 02:23 PM
Happy VD, everyone!
That gave me a smile.

HAHAHA!!! Vanerial Disease!!!
That made me want to cry in pain.

And honestly, I've only not been single for 3 valentine's days ever, and the rest of them, I usually just forget it's valentine's day and go through the day normally. I hate when girls are like "omg let's eat chocolate and watch horror films!" on the day and like try to make a big thing about how single they are.

F@ BANKZ
01-18-2007, 03:23 PM
Bout 340 days to christmas but what they hell, merry christmas.

Duskygrin
01-19-2007, 12:59 PM
I wish ppl wrote poems on a usual basis for Valentine's day. We would call them Valentines & keep a collection of them (on rose-scented crisp, shimmering paper). & we would ask each other: "what was the latest Valentine you got?" & we would either read them to all & sundry, our friends, or we would keep them for ourselves (there would be no rule about that.) & each & every Valentine would be perfection incarnate, for on that precise day mankind would be blessed with the gift of poetry, & musical metric would flow from their quills.

& men would drift in dreamland when reading them, & that day would become true magic... in the balmy air of night, under a starry sky, lovers would wander, gathering seashells & pearls in their path...

I plan to get my driving lesson somewhere round V day. I really need it, so if I could offer myself that one gift I'll be relieved.

I don't expect anybody to surprise me on that day. I mean, I usually got phone calls & flowers from strangers. I never had a boyfriend on that date. Again, I'm single, so I'll know I'll get things from "distant admirers" as it were, but none from someone I love. I know noone will write a poem to me, email it or leave it in my locker. I may get flowers on my doorstep, but that's it. Noone will take the trouble to write their feelings. Nobody does anymore. Or very few ppl...

Since I'm single I'll sit at my desk & try to write a French Valentine to a fellow I've got a slight crush on. V's day is stupid, yes, truly idiotic (you love every day, you don't love on V's day) but it gives me this one opportunity to write a poem, & I haven't done that in such a long time, precisely because I don't have the time. It's what you may call the daily grind. You never come on at home & have nothing to do, just the wall to stare at, & your thoughts to lose yourself in. No, there's always some work to do, a task that's nagging the back of your brain. I used to sit for hours musing. Now I can't. Perhaps that's part of the growing up process, I wouldn't know. I think I lost... sth. I don't know precisely what. It's a vague feeling of longing for... those times when I could ponder mutely with noone, nothing interrupting the flow of my thoughts, noone telling me to wake up in class... As it is, I feel I don't belong to myself anymore. I belong to ppl. I serve them, I use my neurons for them, but I may never let them drift aimlessly. There's this productivity need that I feel has taken hold of me. & it's horrendous, perfectly horrendous, but there's little I may do to help it.

Rocky-girl
01-19-2007, 01:46 PM
I have 2 feelings connected with this day.
1.I think that it's very good to have day when you can congritulate your dearest person, to celebrate it with him/her, and it's a holiday only for 2 persons, when you can say him/her about how much you love, care. It's nice)
2. Do we need only 1 day to show our love?! Can't we make everyday all that we make in this holiday? Can't we show our love everyday?

And for some people it's a day to show of.