PDA

View Full Version : Wireless Internet on Trains

Zeall
01-18-2007, 06:52 AM
Do you guys (outside England) get wireless internet on your trains?

i believe we are moving towards buses in the near future too, although it seems bus journeys are too short to do much on your Laptop

the_GoDdEsS
01-18-2007, 06:54 AM
Not much wireless here yet except probably the capital city, I think. It would have been great to have wireless while travelling 5 hours on a train and staring out of the window. Oh well, in the future.

Grabbal
01-18-2007, 07:10 AM
Lucky Englishmen..

Tizzalicious
01-18-2007, 07:18 AM
That sounds pretty good. We only have it at the stations :(

Zeall
01-18-2007, 07:20 AM
:D also, there are wireless access points in certain area's around towns, usually where there are a lot of benches/seats, and it becomes really useful at times.

also, there are wireless DS points in most GAME stores too

Paint_It_Black
01-18-2007, 07:20 AM
Awesome, now all England needs is an education system.

Zeall
01-18-2007, 07:22 AM
Awesome, now all England needs is an education system.

there was absolutely no need for that comment

Tijs
01-18-2007, 07:22 AM
That sounds pretty good. We only have it at the stations :(I believe Syntus is testing it on trains somewhere in Groningen or Drenthe or something like that. They also show TMF or MTV on TV's in the trains.

T-6005
01-18-2007, 07:23 AM
there was absolutely no need for that comment
Amusement is a need.

Zeall
01-18-2007, 07:24 AM
Amusement is a need.

well, he could at least try harder, add some flare to it or something

darea
01-18-2007, 07:26 AM
I only noticed places to plug your computer on english trains, didnt know there was internet too, didnt notice in france I will have to check that out but I dont think there is

Lars
01-18-2007, 07:29 AM
The last time I was on a train that offered that, it was only restricted to the first class carriage and that was on the long distance GNER services.

Zeall
01-18-2007, 07:34 AM
nowadays practically every train (near me) has it, except those really old squeaky ones that hurt your ears when they come into the station

the_offsprings_monkey
01-18-2007, 07:40 AM
Awesome, now all England needs is an education system. Yea, because the current one obviously did shit all for you?

Paint_It_Black
01-18-2007, 08:23 PM
well, he could at least try harder, add some flare to it or something

I wasn't joking.

Yea, because the current one obviously did shit all for you?

Just because I turned out ok doesn't mean I can't dislike the system.

My point is this: Internet on trains sounds pretty cool, but the English are still faggoted and can't spell.

the_offsprings_monkey
01-18-2007, 08:29 PM
Just because I turned out ok doesn't mean I can't dislike the system.

My point is this: Internet on trains sounds pretty cool, but the English are still faggoted and can't spell.

I actually agree with you, I went to a grammar school and my grammar and spelling are still not that strong. But it's all we got. Personally I blame the disruptive kids that don't wanna learn. They ruin it for the rest of the class and the teachers have to waste all their time teaching them instead of the ones who wanna be taught. If you were to look in a higher Maths class, you'd see everyone in there is very clever because there's no idiots disrupting their learning. I feel it's only getting worse though.

Paint_It_Black
01-18-2007, 08:33 PM
You have a point, but it's far from being the only problem. Every country has disruptive children. There's a lot of problems contributing to this.

killer_queen
01-19-2007, 03:26 AM
Yess! Now I can travel alone, it's awesome. The only problem is some pussies think they can talk to me about computers and shit just because I have one. Reading still beats the internet.

the_GoDdEsS
01-19-2007, 03:51 AM
Well, if they're so advanced why don't they implement computers/internet into the classroom? Be it English language or whatever, there's lots of activities they could do to make them learn instead of using the internet just for fun.

Bazza
01-19-2007, 03:56 AM
Some chav kids would just end up stealing them, plus expenditure on education wouldn't be enough to cover the costs. Our local state school always does badly. Something to do with the fact that there aren't good enough teachers.