PDA

View Full Version : Discography....short?

German Andres
01-22-2007, 11:40 AM
Don`t you think that The Offspring haven`t enough albums for being a 20 years old band? I heard Dexter saying that he wished to have recorded more albums (they were talking about Kiss, that recorded 35 albums).
Don`t get my wrong, I`m not complaining, I think that every Offspring cd is awesome, and they are very different from each other....just compare the S/T with Ignition or any other....they seem to be made by different bands!
What do you think?

Jojan
01-22-2007, 12:33 PM
GTFOASTFU!
Who gives a crap about the amount of albums a band make? It's the quality on the songs that counts. But the biggest reason probobly is that they had families when the started to get the hang of it.

MaF
01-22-2007, 12:57 PM
I think the same with autor - they have 2 lil count on the songs quanity...but not on the songs quality :D
"What is life quality or quantity?
since when does that get decided by majority?"

IMO, they must be blamed by their behavior....all bands are working to the 7th sweet and they feed us with dat 4-yeared words bout new album :cool:

Grabbal
01-22-2007, 02:40 PM
You say Kiss released 35 albums, but were they up to the awesomeness and quality of The Offspring's 7 records??!

Want a Kiss fan's answer!!

0r4ng3
01-22-2007, 03:41 PM
I don't think that The Offspring have too little albums, compared to other bands. The Descendents has (or have? Grammar nightmare!) had 3 albums in the past 20 years. Ignite has had 3 albums in 12 years. There are others, I'm sure.

wheelchairman
01-22-2007, 03:50 PM
Holy crap the Offspring have been around for 20 years?

This is the worst news ever. :(

DeAtHsTaR
01-22-2007, 04:41 PM
Social Distortion has been around for 29 years and has only released 6 studio albums.

Guillermo90
01-22-2007, 04:46 PM
well the clash were together for about 8 years... nd they pulled out like 5 albums ... 5 1/2 if you count Cut the Crap. :P

Nineteen Seventy Nine
01-22-2007, 04:51 PM
It's a good amount of albums for the present time. Now, a new album comes out every three years.

If this was like thirty years ago, three albums in five years would be slow.

well the clash were together for about 8 years... nd they pulled out like 5 albums ... 5 1/2 if you count Cut the Crap. :P

That's nice to know. But I guess because you aren't a trendy asshole, you can do what you want and do what you feel like, and I respect that.

HeadAroundU
01-22-2007, 05:00 PM
1 album per 3 years, approximately, that's fair. Compared to Green day ;) it's about the same so that's how it goes. I hope that they will have at least 10 albums released by the end of the career.

MasoN
01-22-2007, 09:58 PM
I think its not just about having a families and being busy with something, you know, its about how talented the individual is. As far as i know only Dexter has been writing songs in the band, the rest "not so much". So IMO, if for example Noodles or Greg were also writing songs, then it would've taken less time to record a new albums. Like for example The Beatles, all of those 4 guys were writing song, so no wonder why they recorded what, 6 albums in 9 years, or smothing like that? I hope you guys understand what im trying to say here.
Guess why all those shitty, popish "stars" release albums every fucking year, coz they have a team of dudes who sit all days and write songs for them!!!!:mad:

MasoN
01-22-2007, 10:01 PM
I think its not just about having a families and being busy with something, you know, its about how talented the individual is. As far as i know only Dexter has been writing songs in the band, the rest, "not so much". So IMO, if for example Noodles and/or Greg were also writing songs, then it would've taken less time(time between albums) to record a new albums. Like for example The Beatles, all of those 4 guys were writing song, so no wonder why they recorded what, 6 albums in 9 years, or something like that? I hope you guys understand what im trying to say here.
Guess why all those shitty, popish "stars" release albums every fucking year, coz they have a team of dudes who sit all days and write songs for them!!!!:mad:

Venom Symbiote
01-22-2007, 10:13 PM
He was joking, you tools. He used the KISS analogy to point out that they have about 30 albums, but only 5 or so memorable songs. Dexter wants to avoid that, and at least make every album have something to offer. Each record needs to stand on its own, not just add one significant song to their catalogue and 10 or 11 forgettable ones.

Buller
01-23-2007, 12:48 AM
That true.. The Offspring dont make bad songs.. Like most other bands do.. They dont have songs that just fill up their albums.

Biggest offspring fan
01-23-2007, 01:13 AM
Holy crap the Offspring have been around for 20 years?

This is the worst news ever. :(

Actually it is 23 years. (1984 - 2007). But thats with whole of their carrier also when they was named Manic Subsidal.

Venom Symbiote
01-23-2007, 01:27 AM
That true.. The Offspring dont make bad songs.. Like most other bands do.. They dont have songs that just fill up their albums.

That's not what I said at all. :rolleyes:

Buller
01-23-2007, 01:32 AM
No.. thats what I said.

MaF
01-23-2007, 05:07 AM
Bout writting a song, IMHO, once a year something memorable enough happens to write lyrics....imo, lyrics re not that ... rub, music are much more important 4...ehhh....at least 60% of fans, cause much of em catch the meanings just when print "Offspring lyrics" in google....:D
And it's very interesting 2 view points of greg and noodles in their lyrics, even if they woul suck :D
And bout bad songs.....they have em, like: "worst hanging sond ever", "Want your bed" and others...:D

Buller
01-23-2007, 06:06 AM
thats not bad songs.. its just kind of mainstream songs that people not into punk would like.. theres nothing wrong with the quality of those songs

adombomb222
01-23-2007, 06:46 AM
Isn't the offspring about 25 years old now?

HeadAroundU
01-23-2007, 08:30 AM
I was wondering how old they are. They changed Manic Subsidal for The offspring in 1985. So it's like 22 years. First single I'll be waiting/Blackball in 1986 even through wikipedia says 1987.

If they want to enter The hall of fame or something like that then they need like 25 years of making albums. The first album was in 1989 so they need to keep it up to 2014. BUT I'm not sure about it. Anybody wants to clear that up for me?

Wolfbutter
01-23-2007, 05:29 PM
they wont be in the hall of fame. to think about that is just dumb and you know it

BuddyHolly
01-23-2007, 08:00 PM
Ignite has had 3 albums in 12 years.

But they had 3 brilliant albums in 12 years! Offspring hasn't made a great album in about 8 years now.

Wolfbutter
01-23-2007, 08:22 PM
ohhh...get ready for the flaming :p

Little_Miss_1565
01-23-2007, 11:16 PM
If they want to enter The hall of fame or something like that then they need like 25 years of making albums. The first album was in 1989 so they need to keep it up to 2014. BUT I'm not sure about it. Anybody wants to clear that up for me?

You are correct.

Killboy
01-24-2007, 05:11 PM
But they had 3 brilliant albums in 12 years! Offspring hasn't made a great album in about 8 years now.

How dare you??? :mad:

All Offspring albums fucking kick ass!!

BuddyHolly
01-24-2007, 05:25 PM
No they don't. The first 5 albums were great. Conspiracy Of One and Splinter aren't that good. Both have some great songs on em but also some of the worse songs ever.

Venom Symbiote
01-24-2007, 10:03 PM
Correction: Co1 kicks mega ass. Take "Want You Bad" off the album and you have the best modern Offspring album.

Splinter sucks, agreed.

Americana is somewhere in-between. Awesome tracks on it, just not very consistent. Co1 is consistently pretty-good. Not great, but pretty-good. Which makes for a better album than 4 or 5 great tracks and 9 or so shitty ones.

Iamstupid
01-25-2007, 02:37 AM

Dam, you're totally mad !!! Offspring's albums are all fucking awesome !

El Sid
01-25-2007, 03:12 AM
You're A Fuckin' Idiot, Bitch. Everyone Of The Offspring's Albums Are GREAT, Ignition Is Best IMO, And Splinter Worst, But Not By Much. Now If You'd Kindly Fuck Off And Leave The REAL Offspring Fans To Discuss The Topic, It Would Be Appreciated By Many.

-El Sid.

Iamstupid
01-25-2007, 03:37 AM
When I think that I make efforts for stay polite :D But I don't know why Splinter conceived as the worst offspring's album. I'm really in love whith it !!!

Killboy
01-25-2007, 04:23 AM
No they don't. The first 5 albums were great. Conspiracy Of One and Splinter aren't that good. Both have some great songs on em but also some of the worse songs ever.

Correction: Co1 kicks mega ass. Take "Want You Bad" off the album and you have the best modern Offspring album.

Splinter sucks, agreed.

No fucking way for both of you!

BuddyHolly: unlike what you think, CO1 and Splinter are pretty bitchin', they have the energy and fast songs that The Offspring is well-known for.

Venom: Want you bad is one of the fucking best songs on the album, mostly if u watch its video.... it's full of energy dammit!!!

Iamstupid
01-25-2007, 05:07 AM
BuddyHolly: unlike what you think, CO1 and Splinter are pretty bitchin', they have the energy and fast songs that The Offspring is well-known for.

I agree with you. You're totally right. You're my hero :D

Ninty Man
01-25-2007, 05:07 PM
I agree with you. You're totally right. You're my hero :D

Sex anyone???

LOL... well... I really like CO1 (even... don't hate me... I still think that Living in chaos would fit better in Americana), but CO1 was a great album... the problem was the bad singles..

If they just choose Million Milles away for first single, and maybe Denial for second... well, you get my point

BuddyHolly
01-26-2007, 08:39 AM
No fucking way for both of you!

About CO1: I think songs like Original Prankster, Want You Bad, Living In Chaos, Special Delivery and Vultures are quite bad wich makes CO1 not a great album.

The only great songs on The Noose, Long Way Home, Head Aroud You and Da Hui. The others just suck.

Camilamazed
01-26-2007, 09:41 AM
And then again people discuss about good/bad albums. It a matter of taste...

:rolleyes:

8 albums are fine. Why have 82376432 albums? So that people do not have the time to listen to all of them?

Iamstupid
01-26-2007, 12:01 PM
Sex anyone???

LOL... well... I really like CO1 (even... don't hate me... I still think that Living in chaos would fit better in Americana), but CO1 was a great album... the problem was the bad singles..

If they just choose Million Milles away for first single, and maybe Denial for second... well, you get my point

You're here pervert ? My GOd you're everywhere

I don't hate you when you say that Linving fit better in Americana...It's not like you told "I hate Living In Cahso"'

And for the singles...It's your point ^^ But I think Want you Bad is a really good song and signle.

And 8 albums it's fine, like sayed Camilamazed...Because these albums are all greats and kick ass (even if we're waiting for the last one). Why is the interest to make a big number of albums just to say "I've made a lot of albums, so we're the best" ??? It's better to make albums with really good songs instead to make a lot albums with some bad songs.

Stranger With Candy
01-26-2007, 12:19 PM
Living In Chaos, Special Delivery and Vultures are some of the greatest Offspring songs ever made.

ZagmenO
01-26-2007, 02:04 PM
All Offspring songs kick ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Iamstupid
01-26-2007, 02:35 PM
All Offspring songs kick ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*applauds*

Ninty Man
01-26-2007, 05:14 PM
You're here pervert ? My GOd you're everywhere

I don't hate you when you say that Linving fit better in Americana...It's not like you told "I hate Living In Cahso"'

And for the singles...It's your point ^^ But I think Want you Bad is a really good song and signle.

And 8 albums it's fine, like sayed Camilamazed...Because these albums are all greats and kick ass (even if we're waiting for the last one). Why is the interest to make a big number of albums just to say "I've made a lot of albums, so we're the best" ??? It's better to make albums with really good songs instead to make a lot albums with some bad songs.

Well... I just wanna waste some time here. XD, I'm not everywhere, you barely see me in politics.

I don't hate want you bad, even I like it play in drums, BUT... it was a bad decition for a single... specially after Original Prankster (even I like that song too)

So alone and Race against myself not

Iamstupid
01-27-2007, 06:06 AM
Well... I just wanna waste some time here. XD, I'm not everywhere, you barely see me in politics.

I don't hate want you bad, even I like it play in drums, BUT... it was a bad decition for a single... specially after Original Prankster (even I like that song too)

Oh you're pervert not interested in politics. You make me think about Higgins, in WDYGAJ's videoclip :D

So alone and Race against myself not

Sorry but So Alone and Race Against Myself are kick ass. When You're In Prison isn't kick ass. Or just the lyrics :D

Killboy
01-27-2007, 06:59 PM

HELL YEAH!!! TOTALLY AGREE!!!! \m/__(>.<)__\m/

Mel_Off
01-28-2007, 01:58 AM
Sorry but So Alone and Race Against Myself are kick ass.

Yeahhhhhhh!!!

All Offspring songs kick ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D

Damn!!

Offspring Rules!!!!

Iamstupid
01-28-2007, 03:26 AM
Sorry but So Alone and Race Against Myself are kick ass.

Yeahhhhhhh!!!

I'm always right :D

Jack-UK
01-28-2007, 07:14 AM
I dont give a crap about how many albums there are.

If i have to wait for another kickass offspring album, then i'll fucking wait.

.\m/
. ||

Iamstupid
01-28-2007, 07:18 AM

.\m/
. ||

*applauds*

Grabbal
01-28-2007, 07:23 AM

.\m/
. ||

That's right dude..

Killboy
01-28-2007, 10:44 AM

.\m/
. ||

SO WILL I!!