PDA

View Full Version : Pixies

German Andres
01-22-2007, 11:50 AM
Pixies was fucking awesome. I just have one album (Debaser, and has......4 songs!). Can anyone reccomend me a cd to buy? (you know, I like buying original music......but don`t feel like throwing $40 in somethind I don`t know much of.
So?

Bazza
01-22-2007, 02:22 PM
I would just get their Greatest Hits album, released last year I think.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
01-22-2007, 02:24 PM
Pixies are pretty good. I never really liked one whole album though.

I'm a better fan of Frank Black's solo stuff though. "Los Angeles" and "Czar" are awesome songs.

Llamas
01-22-2007, 04:57 PM
Pixies used to be awesome. Not anymore, though I did want to see them when they opened for Weezer a couple years ago.

nieh
01-22-2007, 07:56 PM
Doolittle is probably their most consistent album but they're pretty much all worth getting. I've never actually heard Bossanova but aside from that I have all their albums (including a cd release of the Purple Tape). I'm not nearly as in love with them as I used to be but I still enjoy most of the stuff on Doolittle.

Little_Miss_1565
01-22-2007, 10:56 PM
I agree that Doolittle is the most consistent. I love Surfer Rosa just for "Break My Body."

German Andres
01-23-2007, 08:45 AM
Thanks guys. I`ll get Doolitle then.
But I heard that Surfer Rosa is pretty good, is that true?

Jakebert
01-23-2007, 01:17 PM
Doolittle and Surfer Rosa are equally good. Surfer Rosa is a little more...I guess challenging will work, but it's really good. Bossanova is decent, but not as amazing as the first two. Trompe Le Monde is just as good as the first two, even though that doesn't seem to be a popular opinion.

Little_Miss_1565
01-23-2007, 11:13 PM
Surfer Rosa is a little more...I guess challenging will work, but it's really good.

I'd agree with that. And Break My motherfucking Body.

Jakebert
01-24-2007, 03:27 PM
Yeah, Break My Body is a classic in every way. I usually love any song that has a vocal part for Kim Deal, though. There's something about her voice that I really like.

German Andres
01-28-2007, 11:09 AM
Yeah, Break My Body is a classic in every way. I usually love any song that has a vocal part for Kim Deal, though. There's something about her voice that I really like.

Yeah, her voice has "something" that makes her unique. Like Gigantic, the song is fucking awesome because it is sung by her ( and for the guitar riff in the chorus, which is excellent)