PDA

View Full Version : The meaning of the singing :D

MaF
01-22-2007, 01:36 PM
Here's one girl always asking what does lyrics mean....imo others have the same problem 2, so, maby it's time to made a poll bout it?

I had some questions:
Smash

Head over heals - WTF?
"budge" means budget?

Keep em separated

"If one guy’s colors and the other’s don't mix" It means that one of em r...ahem...how are speeking? Af-ro-ame-ri-cans or metises and the other are white?

Sinister
01-22-2007, 01:54 PM
head over heels = something like "out of control"

I'm not gonna budge : I won't change because someone tells me to.

and I've sort of been wondering about that last one myself.

Amiralanal
01-22-2007, 01:56 PM
Keep em separated

"If one guy’s colors and the other’s don't mix" It means that one of em r...ahem...how are speeking? Af-ro-ame-ri-cans or metises and the other are white?

I think they mean gang colors

F@ BANKZ
01-22-2007, 02:02 PM
yeah these 2 have got it right. Don't think there are any double/triple meanings anyway.

Original prankstA
01-22-2007, 04:44 PM
Here's one girl always asking what does lyrics mean....imo others have the same problem 2, so, maby it's time to made a poll bout it?

I had some questions:
Smash

Head over heals - WTF?
"budge" means budget?

Keep em separated

not to be mean, but those are some seriously dumbass questions

Bazza
01-22-2007, 05:38 PM

Seriously you are ignorant, you (as in you personnally) try to understand a foreign language and its meanings, especially when slang terms are involved. Only the best of translators can do that.

Llamas
01-22-2007, 05:42 PM

Dude, he's from Moscow. English is clearly not his first language, and he asked about phrases that are kind of slang. Do you speak more than one language? Maybe you should get some perspective before you insult.

Ladnav
01-22-2007, 06:20 PM
"Head over heals" is an expression that means you are consumed by something. In the case of Smash, it means that he was once concerned about fitting in and being like everyone else, and that was the most important thing to him.

"Budge" means to move. And in the case of the song, like Sinister said, means he won't change his views for anyone else anymore.

Keep Em Separated is a reference to gang colors. How if a gang member sees someone wearing the clothing that is the color of another gang, they'll kick the shit out of them.

adombomb222
01-22-2007, 08:03 PM
they'll kick the shit out of them.

Thats a great quote.

Camilamazed
01-22-2007, 09:48 PM
Nice. I'm the girl that started a thread like that with the same questions.

:)

Biggest offspring fan
01-23-2007, 01:47 AM
Keep em separated

Actually, haven't you guys heard of dexters explanation of the words Keep em separated? He worked on a lab or something, and he had these flasks that he kept in a place called a hood. There was really many of these flasks and they was damn hot, they was meant to cool down in the hood. Dexter left and came back after like an half a hour. And they where still hot as hell. And dexter figured: man these thing are never going to cool down, I gotta Keep em separated. Then Noodles laughed as hell and didn't believe him. Anyway probably this words doesn't mean that but thats where dexter got the idea.

MaF
01-23-2007, 05:32 AM
head over heels...

"Head over heals" is an ....

Thx 4 answering that was very kind of u....:) i haven't except to get such a detail explanations....

Ladnav
01-23-2007, 01:17 PM
I read on Wikipedia that Come Out and Play was also sort of based on the movie The Warriors, which was something that I always thought about whenever hearing the song. "Come out and play" was a line in the movie that for some reason stuck with me. But, anyway, is this true?

Wolfbutter
01-23-2007, 05:15 PM
If you need help, go to www.songmeanings.net