PDA

View Full Version : Fuel

Venom Symbiote
01-24-2007, 01:07 AM
Fairly standard predictable '90s rock band. Strangely enjoyable.

Complete guilty pleasure. Nickelback/3 Doors Down-ish, only not horse-shit.

Anyone heard/like them?

Llamas
01-24-2007, 03:00 AM
Way better than Nickelback, and slightly better than 3 doors down. "something like human" is a HORRIBLE album... "Sunburn" was quite good, and the newer one... forget what's it called... was pretty good, too. Pretty typical band, but they do a good live show and I like the singer's voice.

Amiralanal
01-24-2007, 03:09 AM
really interesting guys. why dont you get a room so you can make out and wear womens underwear?

Llamas
01-24-2007, 03:16 AM
Seeing as I'm a girl, I don't need a room to wear women's underwear. But thanks for the effort.

Oh, and I don't make out with high school Australians. ;)

Amiralanal
01-24-2007, 03:26 AM
i kinda thougt you were a chick before. Maybe its the new avatar.

Llamas
01-24-2007, 03:29 AM
Yeah I should change that... not really christmas anymore...

Oh, and FUEL!

Venom Symbiote
01-25-2007, 05:35 PM
*sigh*

Well, I got one good reply. :( :p Meh.

I actually liked "Something Like Human", Llamas. It's heavier than the other two, and the bonus version has a few really cool acoustic covers and such. I never really got into the third record, "Natural Selection". It's ok, just a little too much of a departure from their style. The first two albums are pretty great, defining '90s mainstream rock stuff before bands went and fucked the entire genre over in the '00s.

EDIT: Holy fuck, just logged onto their website for the first time while posting this, seeing if there's anything new to discuss. Looks like they did lose Brett, the singer. Along with the drummer a year or so ago. Shit. This will be a different band without Brett, most definitely. Oh well, the guitarist says they're going in a heavier direction than Natural Selection, which is a good sign.

Haha, and woah, they've got Freese in on drums for this album, too. Christ, that motherfucker gets around.

ZagmenO
01-25-2007, 05:43 PM
Chris Daughtry was gonna sing in Fuel. That woulda been awesome if he did. I know he has his own band now, but still.

Venom Symbiote
01-25-2007, 05:47 PM
Holy buttfuck and cheese. That's the dude from Canadian Idol or something, right? I think he sung "Hemorrhage" on the show or something. Decent voice, I guess he'd be an ok replacement.

And looks like friggin' Tommy Lee layed down drumtracks on the new album's single. Weird.

Shit, I've gotta follow this band more.

ZagmenO
01-25-2007, 05:52 PM
American Idol. And I think he would have won the show if he hadn't announced that he was wearing boxer briefs.

opivy21
01-25-2007, 07:21 PM
I liked Hemorrhage in fifth grade. Can't say that I've looked back.

Venom Symbiote
01-25-2007, 08:05 PM
Yeah, I liked 'em as a kid too.

The new album isn't seeming worth buying, though. Brett Scallions left for the same reason Ron did, lack of creative input. He joined some punk band apparently, sucked up his pride and took a job doing backup vocals and bass.

Meh. New singer is from some band that sounds similar to Lost Prophets, which automatically makes me think "bleh".

Carl's a talented guitarist, and Josh Freese on drums could be cool, but doesn't sound like this'll have much to offer.

Le sigh.

opivy21
01-25-2007, 08:47 PM
Oops, that might have come out wrong. I meant that I haven't thought about them since elementary school. Sorry for the confusion.

Venom Symbiote
01-25-2007, 09:08 PM
Yeah, me neither, until I read some news shit making me want to start this thread.

JohnnyNemesis
01-25-2007, 10:22 PM
Well, I got one good reply. :( :p Meh.

Well, it is about Fuel.

I bet this kind of comment pisses Fuel fans off, but holy godfuck, "Shimmer" is such a fantastic song. Fuck you. "Bittersweet" as well. And "Quarter".

Little_Miss_1565
01-25-2007, 10:29 PM
LOL, Freese is a studio drummer, he's not in Fuel.

Daughtry turned Fuel down. lololololol.

JohnnyNemesis
01-25-2007, 10:30 PM
Fuelrod wouldn't appreciate those lols, missy!

Little_Miss_1565
01-25-2007, 10:32 PM
Oh please, I don't even think HE listens to Fuel anymore, and I don't even think that's what his name was referring to, you rod. :P

JohnnyNemesis
01-25-2007, 10:35 PM
IT WAS! IT TOTALLY WAS, I remember! He had the name because he was so into Sunburn! Don't fuck with me! :D

Venom Symbiote
01-25-2007, 11:18 PM
Ok, kind of confused about JN's post saying he likes those three songs. :confused: Why would that piss off fans of the band? Those three tracks are tits, "Bittersweet" especially.

L_M_1565, when did anyone ever say Freese was a band member? :confused: Of course he's a hired gun.

As for Daughtry, that's not what I read. Apparently he couldn't get out of his commitments to the company that produces Idol, and Sony couldn't secure him in the legal sense for Fuel. Carl was seriously considering him for the band, and Daughtry wanted in. Anyway, the new singer is "Toryn Green" (this fag: http://www.myspace.com/somethingtoburn), I guess he has a decent set of pipes, but from his band's myspace thing sounds very very generic and "same old crap".

And who's "Fuelrod"?