PDA

View Full Version : The Official Simpsons Thread

Jakebert
01-24-2007, 04:01 PM
After reading the Sealab thread, I figured a whole thread dedicated to discussions about the Simpsons might be a not-too-overly crappy thread idea. So, in here discuss anything you want about the show, upcoming movie, or even merchandise. Be warned: I'm a huge Simpsons nerd. Like Star Trek nerd sized nerd.

Anyway, I've been thinking a lot about the movie and wondering how it will rate compared to the newer episodes. From the animatic clips that have been shown, I think it looks at least better than the newer episodes, if not up to the standards of the more classic seasons. The pacing is better, the jokes aren't all just "omgz penis" jokes, although it does seem like it's going to be "HOMER: THE MOVIE", but that's probably just because they're trying to get the attention of casual fans and leaving the stuff with the other characters for the actual movie.

Also, the writers working on the movie are so good that it has to at least be entertaining:

Matt Groening: He isn't really a big writer, but he's really good at keeping things grounded. During the shittiest seasons when things went way too "wacky", he wasn't around, and I think that's one of the reasons that happened.
James L. Brooks: I don't know much of his work, but he's considered a legendary TV/movie writer, so I'm sure he'll do a good job.
Al Jean: Showran for seasons 3-4 and 13-18. Decent writer for the first half of his career, at least.
Ian Maxtone-Graham: Meh. He's decent, some of the better new episodes have been written by him.
George Meyer: Wrote my all-time favorite episode, "Homer the Heretic". 'nough said.
David Mirkin: Showran seasons 5 and 6. Is a genius when it comes to surrealism and "screw-the-audience" jokes.
Mike Reiss: Showran seasons 3-4.
Matt Selman: Almost every good episode from the current seasons were written by him.
John Swartzwelder: Has written 59 episodes, and is the most prolific writer in the show's history. Is amazing at "wtf just happened" humor.
Mike Scully: Showran seasons 9-12, and is considered the man who killed the show. Still, despite being a horrible showrunner, he's a good writer as long as someone is keeping him in check. Wrote some amazing episodes like "Lisa on Ice" and "Marge Be Not Proud".
Jon Vitti: Great writer from the first 4 seasons. Wrote the amazing "Cape Fear", which is probably Sideshow Bob's best appearance.

Tussell
01-24-2007, 04:03 PM
Love the show. I have the first four seasons on DVD.:cool:

Lodat225
01-24-2007, 04:03 PM
I love The Simpsons. The new episodes are cool, but season 8-10 were awesome. I think The Simpsons movie is going to flop.

Jakebert
01-24-2007, 04:09 PM
I love The Simpsons. The new episodes are cool, but season 8-10 were awesome. I think The Simpsons movie is going to flop.

8-10? Those seasons are incredibly inconsistant. They're good, but nowhere near the best.

Also, there's no way the movie will be a flop. The show is way too popular for the movie to be a flop.

Tussell
01-24-2007, 04:11 PM
Things that are over-anticipated aren't always good.

Apathy
01-24-2007, 04:12 PM
The movie might suck, but there's no way that its going to flop. Even if it's terrible it will still make an obscene amount of money.

Jakebert
01-24-2007, 04:13 PM
"Flop" has nothing to do with quality. Calling a movie a flop is speaking merely about how much money it makes.

Original prankstA
01-24-2007, 04:18 PM
it's a good show that nobody i know really likes anymore. it's probably still my favorite animated show, i think 6-7 were really great, they're my favorite anyway

Tussell
01-24-2007, 04:19 PM
it's a good show that nobody i know really likes anymore. it's probably still my favorite animated show, i think 6-7 were really great, they're my favorite anyway

Yeah, everyone is into the FAMILY GUY era... It's a decent show... But it's too repetitive.

lilian [darkest star]
01-24-2007, 04:19 PM
Teacher.Mother.Secret Lover.

Lodat225
01-24-2007, 05:48 PM
8-10? Those seasons are incredibly inconsistant. They're good, but nowhere near the best.

Also, there's no way the movie will be a flop. The show is way too popular for the movie to be a flop.

Yeah, i don't know how to express myself. The movie will suck.

nameless
01-24-2007, 06:05 PM
im looking forward to the movie although recent "new" episodes havent been that good. the jokes and humour remain but the story lines are somewhat lacking!

HornyPope
01-24-2007, 07:09 PM
"Flop" has nothing to do with quality. Calling a movie a flop is speaking merely about how much money it makes.

Flop can be more things than money. Why are you talking about money? What are you, a Jew?

Lizardus
01-24-2007, 09:16 PM
You can't tell me you haven't heard of Mel Brooks.

Spaceballs
Young Frankenstein
The Producers
Dracula: Dead and loving it
Robin Hood: Men in tights

Etc...http://imdb.com/name/nm0000316/

nieh
01-24-2007, 09:21 PM
Mel Brooks ≠ James L. Brooks

0r4ng3
01-24-2007, 09:22 PM
Oh, I was wondering where all this Mel Brooks talk was coming from. But yeah, Spaceballs is my second favorite movie ever.

Lizardus
01-24-2007, 10:01 PM
Mel Brooks ≠ James L. Brooks

D: I should pay more attention.

leo3375
01-24-2007, 10:18 PM
The "Golden Age" of The Simpsons was Seasons 3–10. After the 1999–2000 season, the writing went downhill. I think the writers now feel like they have to compete with Family Guy but it would be better to avoid crude, overdrawn gags and focus on what made the show great in the 1990s. This way it can die a graceful death instead of being mercifully cancelled.

Stranger With Candy
01-24-2007, 11:21 PM
Am i the only one that think the movie is going to be awesome!?

Jebus
01-25-2007, 12:20 AM
Sometimes I forget I got my screen name came from the Simpsons. I almost feel like a traitor because I've missed almost every new episode from the last few seasons. I don't even know how you guys know which episode is from which exact season. There's too many for me to care really. I'm such a poser. All I know that my favorite episodes come from the time where the everything doesn't look as nicely drawn as the newer seasons.

I think the Simpsons movie will be good though. A lot of the old writers are coming back so hopefully this movie will have some type of meaning and purpose like the old episodes did.

Jakebert
01-25-2007, 04:44 AM
The "Golden Age" of The Simpsons was Seasons 3–10. After the 1999–2000 season, the writing went downhill. I think the writers now feel like they have to compete with Family Guy but it would be better to avoid crude, overdrawn gags and focus on what made the show great in the 1990s. This way it can die a graceful death instead of being mercifully cancelled.

I'd put season 2 in there, and take out season 10. 10 was shit. 2 was a little slow at times, but the plots were always good.

I don't think the writers are really trying to compete with Family Guy anymore. The crude sex jokes aren't as plentiful as they were in 10-12. The humor is trying to be smart again, but the timing is absolutely horrible. They're making an honest attempt to bring back the emotional/intelligent storytelling though, so I give them a decent amount of credit for that.

Flop can be more things than money. Why are you talking about money? What are you, a Jew?

A flop is strictly talking about money. A movie that's a flop can still be amazing, and vice versa.

im looking forward to the movie although recent "new" episodes havent been that good. the jokes and humour remain but the story lines are somewhat lacking!

The plots aren't what's killing it, it's the humor. The plots lately have been nothing but ambitious.

HornyPope
01-25-2007, 09:45 AM
Flop can be more than box office sales, you fucking Jew.

Grabbal
01-25-2007, 09:51 AM
Am i the only one that think the movie is going to be awesome!?

Of course not (I hope)..

I loved the South Park movie and Matt Greoning has talked about how much he loved it so there definantly is a huge chance were getting a full fledge movie instead of just a half an hour movie..

Marco
01-25-2007, 10:43 AM
I love the Simpsons....DOH!

Derek
01-25-2007, 11:57 AM
Of course not (I hope)..

I loved the South Park movie and Matt Greoning has talked about how much he loved it so there definantly is a huge chance were getting a full fledge movie instead of just a half an hour movie..
But it'll be of no use, if the plot of a 90 minute movie sucks as much as the plots of the new seasons suck.

I want to mention that I as well hope that the movie will be great, but I doubt it.

Derek

Grabbal
01-25-2007, 12:01 PM
But it'll be of no use, if the plot of a 90 minute movie sucks as much as the plots of the new seasons suck.

I want to mention that I as well hope that the movie will be great, but I doubt it.

Derek

I do think they'll put more work in making the movie good right now though..

Derek
01-26-2007, 11:38 AM
I do think they'll put more work in making the movie good right now though..I'm sure they will, but I think they can't do better as with the tv show, because the same people are involved.
Don't get me wrong I love the Simpsons, but I have the fear, we will get to see a Family Guy movie with yellow Charackters.
Because when I was watching some episodes of the 18th Season I always had the feeling of watching Family Guy, or some poor copy of it.

Derek

Jakebert
02-16-2007, 03:39 PM
Bumpizzle.

I guess on American Idol they showed a sneak peak of the movie as some odd sort of cross-promotion.

Standard YouTube link. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiDzno5BIbI)

It's not done downloading on my computer yet, but from what I can see, the animation is beautiful.

There's also going to be a new teaser trailer running during the show this Sunday. My guess is that it's the same one from the American Idol sneek peak though.

Grabbal
02-16-2007, 03:46 PM
In my opinion right now from trailers and the sneak peak the movie looks gorgeous, it's funny and the story will of course be much better than the latest episodes (I hope)..

Lodat225
02-16-2007, 03:47 PM
So, what's the story of the movie exactly?

JohnnyNemesis
02-16-2007, 03:48 PM
The animation looks splendid indeed. I'm fucking drooling already.

Lodat225
02-16-2007, 03:51 PM
Oh, wow. The animations are indeed good. Let's cross our fingers that it would be funny.

Grabbal
02-16-2007, 03:51 PM

I think it has something to do with a huge garbage pile, but I'm really not sure..

On the other hand.. read this!

"This was enormously challenging, because it involved filling 120 blank pages with an actual story and words people say," said producer James L. Brooks.

"We're very excited about the performances in this movie. Come next Oscars, we think it's going to be Milhouse's night," said producer Matt Groening.

"I can absolutely guarantee that this film will far exceed the wildest expectations of every Simpsons fan," said producer Al Jean. "Start lining up at the theater now, preferably in costume."

Lodat225
02-16-2007, 03:54 PM
Too much hype. Now i know it would suck. Predictable response: you're a fucking idiot.

Grabbal
02-16-2007, 03:56 PM
Too much hype. Now i know it would suck. Predictable response: you're a fucking idiot.

I'll bet you a dollar it wont..

Jakebert
02-16-2007, 04:00 PM

There's speculation that it's about Homer accidentally poisoning Springfield's water supply, but nothing has been confirmed, and James L. Brooks has said a few times that they were leaking fake plots to surprise people when the real plot comes out. So no one is sure.

I finally finished the trailor, and aside from the amazing animation, it wasn't all that great. The jokes were just simple "Homer getting hurt" gags, but that's to be expected from a promo. My expectations are still high.

Lodat225
02-16-2007, 04:05 PM
There's speculation that it's about Homer accidentally poisoning Springfield's water supply, but nothing has been confirmed, and James L. Brooks has said a few times that they were leaking fake plots to surprise people when the real plot comes out. So no one is sure.

I finally finished the trailor, and aside from the amazing animation, it wasn't all that great. The jokes were just simple "Homer getting hurt" gags, but that's to be expected from a promo. My expectations are still high.

Oh, hope it's good.

F@ BANKZ
02-16-2007, 05:11 PM
The movie is going to have to be good since everyone's already decided its going to be a flop.

0r4ng3
02-16-2007, 10:10 PM
There's no way it's going to be a flop. Even if it did suck, people are going to pay to see it.

Wait, were you the same person who was arguing the definition of "flop" before?

Lodat225
02-16-2007, 10:14 PM
Flop doesn't necessarily involve money.

Homer
02-16-2007, 10:15 PM
I don't think the movie will be that great, even with the old writers. Why? Well, they've got a new audience now, and they want to appeal to them. The Simpsons is dead.

I'll still see it though.

EDIT: Yes, I realize the irony on my part...

Lodat225
02-16-2007, 10:16 PM
I agree completely.

Grabbal
02-17-2007, 03:02 AM
Tell me..

Wouldn't you see it even if it got 1/10 of every movie reviewer??

I know I still would..

F@ BANKZ
02-17-2007, 03:09 AM
Wait, were you the same person who was arguing the definition of "flop" before?

ermm...no i don't think so, i'm not great with my, oh whats the word, vocabluary. But i guess a flop is in effect just a failure, if the film isn't funny and liked among fans i guess it could be classified as a flop

Jakebert
02-17-2007, 08:03 AM
I don't think the movie will be that great, even with the old writers. Why? Well, they've got a new audience now, and they want to appeal to them. The Simpsons is dead.

The writers on the movie aren't the type who would try to appeal to a fanbase. The writers on the movie, with the exception of maybe Scully, all seem to have a lot of integrity in terms of what they show should be. Especially since now Brooks and Groening (Groening and Brooks haven't really been involved with the show directly since the 9th season, which is when things started going to hell) are really involved, and both of them are beyond anal about what the show should be.

And as for the quality of the show, seasons 13-16 were pretty good. Not classic era good, but still enjoyable. 17-18 have been really bland, but that's because the staff is being run by people who are also working on the movie, so a lot more crap is getting through than should.

As for the "it's trying to be Family Guy" comments, no. Just, no. The Simpsons was more like Family Guy in 10-12 when they did jokes about jockey elves and panda-rape. The show is at least attempting something in the ways of taste now.

ermm...no i don't think so, i'm not great with my, oh whats the word, vocabluary. But i guess a flop is in effect just a failure, if the film isn't funny and liked among fans i guess it could be classified as a flop

A flop is strictly speaking in terms of how much money it brings in, and usually has nothing to do with the quality. Take Epic Movie. I'm sure it sucks balls, but it's not a flop. Normally when you're talking about quality, you just say "good" or "bad".

F@ BANKZ
02-17-2007, 11:28 AM
I submit then: Also, please continue to slag off Epic Movie whenever possible, that film really deserves it, it's be more fun to smoke £6 than use it to watch that film.

And anyway, i'm fed up of talking about the film, it'll be good or it'll be bad; we can't say yet i wanna be reminded of some of the funniest parts already made. Here's one of my favourites.

Mr Burns: We'll take the spoose moose, hop in Smithers
*pulls out model for his next plane*
Smithers: Sir, that's just a...
*Burns pulls out revolver*
Mr Burns: I, said, hop, in

Lodat225
02-17-2007, 11:50 AM
Tell me..

Wouldn't you see it even if it got 1/10 of every movie reviewer??

I know I still would..

Fuck no .

Grabbal
02-17-2007, 11:51 AM
Fuck no .

Are you a huge Simpsons fan??

Lodat225
02-17-2007, 12:00 PM
Are you a huge Simpsons fan??

No, not really.

Grabbal
02-17-2007, 12:03 PM
No, not really.

So then I'll leave you with this question..

Would you still see the ATHF movie if it got 1/10 of every movie reviewer??

I still would..

F@ BANKZ
02-17-2007, 12:19 PM
Fuck no .

Dude even if it was crap it would still be a pretty big cinematic event, like say...Terminator 3 was only bigger

Homer
02-17-2007, 01:42 PM
And as for the quality of the show, seasons 13-16 were pretty good. Not classic era good, but still enjoyable. 17-18 have been really bland, but that's because the staff is being run by people who are also working on the movie, so a lot more crap is getting through than should.

Actually, I wouldn't know that, since I stopped watching the show completely around season 12. Although, I have seen maybe at least 1 episode from each season from the twelfth, and I have yet to be impressed. Also, I'm still a little weary when it comes to them appealing to an audience or not. Because, like I said, they've got a new audience now. But, I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Lodat225
02-17-2007, 02:04 PM
So then I'll leave you with this question..

Would you still see the ATHF movie if it got 1/10 of every movie reviewer??

I still would..

Of course i would.

I think you have a point here.

Jakebert
02-17-2007, 02:12 PM
Actually, I wouldn't know that, since I stopped watching the show completely around season 12. Although, I have seen maybe at least 1 episode from each season from the twelfth, and I have yet to be impressed. Also, I'm still a little weary when it comes to them appealing to an audience or not. Because, like I said, they've got a new audience now. But, I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Post-12 is a mixed bag, but there's a lot of good episodes there. At the very least, the show is at least attempting to go back to it's emotional/intelligent core, even if it didn't always work.

As for the new fanbase, those people seem to like the older episodes better the same way to older fans do. The Family Guy-style fanbase actually seems to like 10-12 the best, and the writers are trying to get away from that on the show itself, so I doubt that they'd put that in the movie.

Lodat225
02-17-2007, 02:15 PM
Post-12 is a mixed bag, but there's a lot of good episodes there. At the very least, the show is at least attempting to go back to it's emotional/intelligent core, even if it didn't always work.

As for the new fanbase, those people seem to like the older episodes better the same way to older fans do. The Family Guy-style fanbase actually seems to like 10-12 the best, and the writers are trying to get away from that on the show itself, so I doubt that they'd put that in the movie.

Why would they do what the fanbase don't like? In the animation video it was full of Homer-getting-hit "jokes".

Jakebert
02-17-2007, 02:25 PM
Why would they do what the fanbase don't like? In the animation video it was full of Homer-getting-hit "jokes".

Because the writers care more about the nerdy, hardcore fanbase. Plus, it's pretty common knowledge among Simpsons nerds that most of the older writers hate the random jokes and crude sex jokes from 10-12.

And yeah, the promos are always the easy physical gags because those are the easiest to put into little clips like that, since they take no context to understand. They can't put in the stuff that's reletive to the plot because then the ads wouldn't make a whole lot of sense.

Plus, the "Homer getting hurt" gags have been used since the early days, even in the show's best episodes, but they make up a tiny percentage of the jokes. It's just something that's fun to have in a cartoon every now and then, as long as they don't rely on just that for jokes.

F@ BANKZ
02-17-2007, 03:23 PM
Cartoons are just a bunch of hilarious stuff, you know people getting hurt and stuff, stuff like that. Point being: Without Homer getting hurt we may not have had "D'oh!", then where would we all be eh?

F@ BANKZ
02-17-2007, 03:33 PM
jee...talk about stateing the ovbious

Jakebert
02-17-2007, 03:33 PM
Cartoons are just a bunch of hilarious stuff, you know people getting hurt and stuff, stuff like that. Point being: Without Homer getting hurt we may not have had "D'oh!", then where would we all be eh?

A cartoon can have a lot more depth than that.

F@ BANKZ
02-17-2007, 03:42 PM
I know but it's still a factor nonetheless (the first bit i was just quoteing from bart as i thought it to be appropriate)

Paint_It_Black
02-18-2007, 03:25 AM
I saw Ashlee's boobs.

Grabbal
02-18-2007, 03:27 AM
I saw Ashlee's boobs.

What??

Jakebert
02-18-2007, 08:36 PM
Tonight was a great night for the Simpsons.

The new episode tonight was one of the best I've seen in a long time. Seriously on par with some of the classic episodes. Really interesting idea and some great jokes.

But, of course, the new trailer for the movie premiered. Oh my God! I thought the American Idol sneak peek looked good, but this trailer was amazing. There were some hilarious jokes, beautiful animation, and it showed some great clips of the secondary characters.

As soon as it's up on Youtube, I'll post the link. I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

0r4ng3
02-18-2007, 08:37 PM
The episode with the flashbacks and the documentary? Yeah, that one was pretty good. I could barely tell that it was a new episode.

The trailer was awesome, too. It showed that the movie won't be 90 minutes of "Homer gets hit with stuff" gags. I may actually see it.

That_Guy91
02-18-2007, 09:22 PM
The episode with the flashbacks and the documentary? Yeah, that one was pretty good. I could barely tell that it was a new episode.

The trailer was awesome, too. It showed that the movie won't be 90 minutes of "Homer gets hit with stuff" gags. I may actually see it.

May? You make that seem like you have a choice.

Lodat225
02-18-2007, 10:48 PM
Yeah. After watching that trailer i came to realize ; i have to watch this movie.

Grabbal
02-19-2007, 03:09 AM
I found it (http://youtube.com/results?search_type=search_videos&search_query=simpsons%20trailer&search_sort=video_date_uploaded&search_category=0) , but when I clicked on it it said I had to wait a couple of minutes like it almost always does novadays.. I'm sure we can all see it in 5 hours or something..

mrconeman
02-19-2007, 07:15 AM
Oh, wow. This looks freakin' great. Literally and by context I mean, the animation is wonderful.
I'll be seeing this.

Grabbal
02-19-2007, 07:22 AM
Oh, wow. This looks freakin' great. Literally and by context I mean, the animation is wonderful.
I'll be seeing this.

Did you see the video on youtube??

mrconeman
02-19-2007, 07:24 AM
All 1 minute and 10 seconds or something if thats what you meant. Yeah.

Grabbal
02-19-2007, 07:28 AM
None of em work for me..

Grabbal
02-19-2007, 07:55 AM
I just download it here (http://torrentspy.com/torrent/1060313/The_Simpsons_Movie_Trailer_HD_720p) and all I can say is that has got to be one of the greatest trailers I have ever seen...

Great animation, looks like a great story and to top it all of they said "18 years in the making" which means that they know they have something good going.. I sure hope cause this is gonna be the event of the year for me!!!

Lodat225
02-19-2007, 12:43 PM
The animations are supposed to look good if they're premiering it and showing it on theaters. The story seems shitty. Let's hope it's good. It seems like the typical cartoon made into movie story. The protagonist does something BAD, he has to fix it. Everybody is out for him. Somebody wants to destroy the world.

Seen it before.

mrconeman
02-19-2007, 12:52 PM
Yeah, but its the fucking Simpsons. You can't exactly expect a story worthy of literature.
Though I'm reasonably certain this movie will be good in all areas.

Jakebert
02-19-2007, 01:10 PM
The animations are supposed to look good if they're premiering it and showing it on theaters. The story seems shitty. Let's hope it's good. It seems like the typical cartoon made into movie story. The protagonist does something BAD, he has to fix it. Everybody is out for him. Somebody wants to destroy the world.

Seen it before.

Lodat, stop posting in my thread. Every post you've made has been nothing but worthless crap. Actually, stop posting in general.

Yes, the story appears that way, but seeing as the Simpsons has a reputation for putting a new spin on old ideas, it's obviously going to be a lot better than that.

offspring dude
02-19-2007, 01:20 PM
I know this might sound crazy to a few people, but it would be really interesting if one of the main characters like Marge or maybe even Milhouse died or something happened to them and they actually wouldn't be in any new episode from then on, it would just be cool for a change, and it would be controversial.

PS: Sorry if I'm talking crap, I'm a bit out of it.

Grabbal
02-19-2007, 01:28 PM
I know this might sound crazy to a few people, but it would be really interesting if one of the main characters like Marge or maybe even Milhouse died or something happened to them and they actually wouldn't be in any new episode from then on, it would just be cool for a change, and it would be controversial.

Are these characters you don't like??..

offspring dude
02-19-2007, 01:35 PM
Are these characters you don't like??..

Nah, i love them both but it would just be an interesting turn, i only picked on them because if they left it would be a big loss but it wouldn't be enough for the Simpsons to lose their magic.

So it's a balanced effect.

Lodat225
02-19-2007, 03:24 PM
Lodat, stop posting in my thread. Every post you've made has been nothing but worthless crap. Actually, stop posting in general.

Yes, the story appears that way, but seeing as the Simpsons has a reputation for putting a new spin on old ideas, it's obviously going to be a lot better than that.

How is it worthless crap? I made a point. Almost every cartoon movie has that plot. You should stop being so close-minded and actually think of the negatives.

Jakebert
02-19-2007, 04:47 PM

It would depend on what the big change is. Killing off a character won't happen because they've already killed off Maude and Bleeding Gums Murphy, so doing it again in the movie would just seem repetitive.

As for another big change, I am kind of hoping that the movie is it's own entity that doesn't tie in with the show, that way you won't hear the dumb people saying "zomg! The movie killed the show!" But, I'm open to some kind of change as long as it's for the good and not just a big publicity stunt like with Maude dieing and stuff.

I'm sure there won't be any major changes though, because the episodes that will air next season after the movie are already in production, so having that out there would leave the movie plot open for leaks, and they've been pretty secretive about it.

TBD
02-19-2007, 04:49 PM
Did anyone see the Inside the Actors Studio for the voice actors? It seems like none of them talk to each other outside the studio in even a casual manner.

Jakebert
02-19-2007, 04:53 PM
I haven't seen it, but I'm surprised and not surprised at the same time. From listening to the commentaries (yeah, I'm a nerd), Dan (Homer), Yeardly (Lisa), and Hank (Moe) seem like pretty nice people that get along. Harry Shearer (Mr. Burns) is a notorious ass, and is basically the stereotypical "I'm a good actor, so I'm better than you" type. I know nothing about any of the other cast members, though.

Grabbal
02-19-2007, 05:07 PM
Jakebert

Here is a great interview where they all sit down and talk.. (http://my.break.com/media/view.aspx?ContentID=228308)

PS: I also listen to most of the commentaries.. It's such a nice addition to the sets..

Jakebert
02-19-2007, 05:14 PM
Thanks for the link. I'll watch it as soon as my internet connection stops being so screwy.

As for the commentaries, I agree. I usually hate audio commentaries, but the Simpsons people and Futurama people do a really good job when it comes to making them fun and interesting.

Grabbal
02-19-2007, 05:43 PM
Speaking of Futurama..

Anyone know if there are any dates of the new episodes coming??..

Jakebert
02-20-2007, 04:24 AM
I don't know the date, I just know that it's still a while from now.

Derek
02-27-2007, 11:10 AM
Speaking of Futurama..
Anyone know if there are any dates of the new episodes coming??..It is only known, that the eps will be released in 2008.

Derek

Grabbal
02-27-2007, 11:26 AM
It is only known, that the eps will be released in 2008.

Derek

WHAT!!

I heard back in 2006 that they were coming early 2007..

Derek
02-27-2007, 11:44 AM

Nah, i love them both but it would just be an interesting turn, i only picked on them because if they left it would be a big loss but it wouldn't be enough for the Simpsons to lose their magic.
So it's a balanced effect.
I think without Marge, the whole show wouldn't work anymore, and they would lose their magic. She is actually a member of the Simpsons Family - you can't kill one of 'em. Well, you could do it with Grandpa Simpson and put it in a good plot, because he is old, but even that would destroy the show finally.

WHAT!!
I heard back in 2006 that they were coming early 2007..
Yeah, I heard that, too. And I don't know the reasons why they postponed the release, but if that means the eps are gonna be better, because of more time for production that's okay with me.

Derek

Jakebert
03-04-2007, 07:44 PM
The tentative year for Futurama's return is 2009. You have to realize that to do 3 full length DVD movies takes a long time. One 22 minute episode takes 9 months alone. Plus, Matt and most of the animation crew are working on the Simpsons Movie right now.

Anyway, the real reason I bumped this: holy fuck, the Simpsons has been on a 3 episode hot streak. And not just the normal modern era "those episodes were forgettable, but fun", but a "yes! These episodes are awesome!" streak. Tonight's episode seemed like it could have come from season 6.

Also, my favorite Simpsons director Susie Dieter has returned which means the animation was beautiful.

Anyone else watch it?

0r4ng3
03-04-2007, 07:47 PM
I saw the last five minutes of the new episode. Part of me was all "what. the. fuck?", but I knew that was because, well, I missed most of the show. From what I saw, I could tell that it was a good episode, however.

2009? They pushed it back again? Oh well, as long as it's not canceled altogether, I'll be fine.

Lodat225
03-04-2007, 07:50 PM
I actually watched it. I thought it was pretty good.

Jakebert
03-04-2007, 07:51 PM
Well, 2009 is the tentative date for it airing on Comedy Central. The DVD's will probably be released before that.

Grabbal
03-04-2007, 10:51 PM
Has season 9 released at your place??

WebDudette
03-04-2007, 10:57 PM
Season 9? Of the Simpsons? I'm pretty sure America is in the 18th season.

Jakebert
03-05-2007, 04:53 AM
He means the DVDs, I think. And yes, season 9 came out in December.

Grabbal
03-05-2007, 08:21 AM
Lucky bastards!! We still have to wait until 23 March..

Derek
03-05-2007, 09:32 AM
Well, 2009 is the tentative date for it airing on Comedy Central. The DVD's will probably be released before that.Could you give any sources? Because I read many times, it will be released in 2008 and Cartoon Network bought the rights to air it.

Lucky bastards!! We still have to wait until 23 March..Wow, you really have to wait quite a long time. The season has already been released here, too.

Derek

Jakebert
03-05-2007, 12:59 PM
I found this on Google at school today. Total lol:

http://uncyclopedia.org/images/d/d5/Magic_gathering-goggles.jpg

Grabbal
03-05-2007, 01:53 PM
Was that related to Simpsons Jake??

Jakebert
03-05-2007, 03:31 PM
You have no idea how disappointed I am in you right now.

Grabbal
03-05-2007, 10:50 PM
I'm sorry!

Camel Filters
03-05-2007, 10:53 PM
The last time I watched the simpsons was September 25th, 1987. That was the day before I was born.

F@ BANKZ
03-06-2007, 10:00 AM
wow that was a lon....wait a sec you can't watch it before you're born!!! :eek: you lie :eek:

0r4ng3
03-06-2007, 11:29 AM
Captain Obvious saves the day again!

F@ BANKZ
03-06-2007, 11:36 AM
(i think he was talking about me)

Stranger With Candy
03-06-2007, 11:37 AM
Was that related to Simpsons Jake??

http://gogglesdonothing.ytmnd.com/

Grabbal
03-06-2007, 11:40 AM
Ah of course SWC.. Classic! One of Matt Greoning's favourite quotes BTW..

Jakebert
03-28-2007, 02:09 PM
As promotion for the Simpsons Movie, some 7-11 stores are converting into real like Kiwk-E-Mart's. Sounds cool.

Who needs the Kwik-E-Mart? (http://www.timesdispatch.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=RTD%2FMGArticle%2FRTD_BasicArti cle&c=MGArticle&cid=1173350362478&path=!business&s=1045855934855)

Grabbal
03-28-2007, 03:00 PM
"Customers also will be able to buy products inspired by the nearly two-decades-old show, including KrustyO's cereal, Buzz Cola and iced Squishees (the cup says Squishee, but the contents will be Slurpee)."

Sounds really cool!

Still I doubt they'll do it here in Norway.

0r4ng3
03-28-2007, 03:01 PM
Meh, it still won't be the same without Apu.

Grabbal
03-28-2007, 03:02 PM
Don't worry, I heard Hank Azaria will come.

Grabbal
04-20-2007, 01:55 PM
Worthy Bump.

The Simpsons Are 20!

http://i13.tinypic.com/33k3oux.gif

For a long long time The Simpsons has been my favourite TV show and not without a reason. I started watching it as a 11 year old boy when we got the channel "TV3" and as addicted as I got I bought for the time in my life a DVD!
It was season 1 and I loved every minute of it even if the animation was bad.

Through the years episode gems like "Lemon Of Troy (http://www.tv.com/the-simpsons/lemon-of-troy/episode/1412/summary.html?tag=ep_list;ep_title;23)", "Bart The Daredevil (http://www.tv.com/the-simpsons/bart-the-daredevil/episode/1306/summary.html?tag=ep_list;ep_title;7)", "You Only Move Twice (http://www.tv.com/the-simpsons/you-only-move-twice/episode/1440/summary.html?tag=ep_list;ep_title;3)" have stayed as my favourites for a long time.

Yesterday "TV3" showed a Simpsons marathon, but I decided not to watch it concidering I want those episodes to be new when I buy them in the future so I decided to watch some old gems instead like "The Simpsons Roasting on an Open Fire (http://www.tv.com/the-simpsons/the-simpsons-christmas-special-the-simpsons-roasting-on-an-open-fire/episode/1286/summary.html?tag=ep_list;ep_title;0)", "The Crepes Of Wrath (http://www.tv.com/the-simpsons/the-crepes-of-wrath/episode/1296/summary.html?tag=ep_list;ep_title;10)" (Classic) and "Bart Gets An F (http://www.tv.com/the-simpsons/bart-gets-an-f/episode/1299/summary.html?tag=ep_list;ep_title;0)".

I can only hope they continue making this show for years to come even though it's been lacking the quality of older episodes good ones still come and go and I still love the show.

Thanks for the memories!

khaaaaan
04-20-2007, 01:59 PM
Yeah, Danish TV3 did the same stunt. Didn't watch it though. The Simpsons were fun when I was a kid. No offense. Srsly, no offense.

F@ BANKZ
04-20-2007, 02:02 PM
20, gee i thought they were still 17, i'm getting old.
Yeah i've been watching The Simpsons for as long as i care to remember, watched it everyday for way over 5 years: too bad all the episodes in England are from old, old seris. I must have seen Roasting On An Open Fire two dozen times on BBC and 4. The Simpsons always will be in possesion many of the funniest things i have seen on TV.

Grabbal
04-20-2007, 02:22 PM
I want to use the ressurection of this thread to let Jakebert know that I made a fool of myself when I said, umm, "Was that Simpsons related??"

Still tears me up to this day.

Jakebert
04-21-2007, 09:16 AM
Early Reviews of the Unfinished Movie. (http://www.aintitcool.com/node/32357)

So far, it's looking good. Out of the 3 reviews (there was an earlier one on the same site, but I couldn't find it), everything has been incredibly positive. The only part that disappoints me is the stuff about the secondary characters only having short cameos, but then again, that's basically all they have in most episodes. I also love that the guy said the story was touching, because that's something the show has lacked for about 5 or 6 years now.

nameless
04-22-2007, 03:51 PM
should be good when its out!

zacsta
04-27-2007, 07:17 PM
since this is a thread about anything simpsons related, i'd like to raise something thats been bugging me for a while.
springfield is meant to be in some mystery state and theres the whole speculation on where it might be. but ive seen an episode where it says something like "simpsons blah blah blah in this northern kentucky city"
dosnt that simply reveal that they live in kentucky?
its in that "behind the laughter" episode i think.

Jakebert
04-27-2007, 07:35 PM
"Behind the Laughter" isn't considered "canon", since the episode is basically just one giant meta-joke. So basically, it was just a joke that they did to screw with the fans a little bit.

nameless
04-27-2007, 07:48 PM
i think ive heard a few places called springfield in the US, i doubt they are the same places though!

ZagmenO
04-27-2007, 08:13 PM
Almost every state in the USA, if not all states, has a town called Springfield in them.

Original prankstA
04-27-2007, 09:23 PM
if im correct it's been implied it's in ohio but it's also been said that it boarders ohio nevada and kansas or something like that.

RoxnRollBassist
04-27-2007, 09:31 PM
my favorite simpson episode has got to be the tomacco one!

ZagmenO
04-27-2007, 09:44 PM
if im correct it's been implied it's in ohio but it's also been said that it boarders ohio nevada and kansas or something like that.

They had this weird episode that was set up like a documentary where they actually said at the end that they live in Northern Kentucky.

Original prankstA
04-27-2007, 11:07 PM
im pretty sure their location has never been revealed, *researches*
i found nothing

Grabbal
04-28-2007, 03:17 AM

Jakebert
04-28-2007, 10:38 AM
Everyone in this thread have missed the point. Springfield isn't in any particular state. The whole point is that Springfield is just the universal small town, therefore putting it in a specific state would take away from that universalness.

ZagmenO
04-28-2007, 03:32 PM
But it actually said "Northern Kentucky."

Llamas
04-28-2007, 03:38 PM
They didn't say it IN an actual episode.

"Behind the Laughter" isn't considered "canon", since the episode is basically just one giant meta-joke. So basically, it was just a joke that they did to screw with the fans a little bit.

Jakebert
04-28-2007, 03:38 PM
Yes, and as I already explained, the whole concept behind that episode is that it one big meta-joke, which is a joke that references itself. The episode of the show is not considered to be a part of the show's timeline, it's just a one-off joke episode that is out of context of the rest of the series. So the line itself was just a joke aimed at the fans.

Llamas
04-28-2007, 03:43 PM
Where can I watch that episode? Do you know?

Original prankstA
05-06-2007, 11:06 AM
just thought of this one, mr. burns' age could be a part of the movie.

and for those who wanted to know what it was about: the first trailer had something to do with the whole town being mad at homer, another showed homer dumping a siloh somewhere random... just thought i'd put that out there.

WebDudette
05-06-2007, 11:46 PM
In a recent trailer Flanders tells Bart about the four states that border Springfield. Ohio, Maine, Nevada and Kentucky. For those of you who are not good with United States Geography none of these states are close to each other. But they all have a town of Springfield. So Springfield isn't even in a state.

I do recall and episode were Lisa say something like "if you watch carefully you can tell what state we are in" or something like that.

F@ BANKZ
05-07-2007, 03:28 AM
Probably the one where Homer just pointed on the map and...

List-Dad you're not pointing anywhere near Springfield it's over here Apu
*Bart walks infront of camera*
Bart- Hey what you doing, studying?

Grabbal
05-11-2007, 04:09 PM

Stranger With Candy
05-11-2007, 04:24 PM
I doubt this game will be anny good. The only good simpsons game i have played is Hit and Run.

Coleby
05-13-2007, 06:13 PM
As I'm watching an episode right now, which has The Simpson's in a corn maze, I can't help but think that the show used to be much better.

The show used to be about heart-warming stories with lots of funny things and atmosphere mixed in. At the end of the episodes, the character usually does the right thing, and leaves behind a message.

Now, however, I think Homer acts to much like a fat idiot. He used to be dumb, sure, but know he's really dumb and it's kind of annoying.

However, i think the atmosphere of the show is incredible. Every character is memorable.

ZagmenO
05-13-2007, 06:15 PM
Simpsons might be trying too hard, ya know? Now it just seems like they're tryin' to be like Family Guy or something. I really can't tell. Matt should probably hire some new co-writers or however it works.

Jakebert
05-13-2007, 07:08 PM
*sigh* While I can't deny that the quality has slipped, it really bugs me when people say it's trying to be Family Guy, when it's pretty obvious that it's not, at least not as of right now. Seasons 10-12 maybe, but now the show at least has linear stories and some sort of emotional conflict, even if it isn't the strongest.

Coleby
05-21-2007, 05:29 PM
What did you guys think about the 400th episode? I thought it was really funny, but I just had the feeling that it could have been a bit more built-up.

RODNEYMULLEN
05-22-2007, 08:09 PM
It was fucking hilarious! It was a little less funny than i thought it would be but it still was fucking awsome. I liked the 300th better.

Jakebert
05-22-2007, 08:23 PM
The 399th episode, which was the 24 parody, was a lot better. Probably my favorite episode from season 18.

The actual 400th episode disappointed me, though. The story was a great idea, but executed really oddly, and felt rushed and underdeveloped. Plus, the ending was fucking weird. I think I liked it, but I'm not 100% sure. Meta-jokes are great, but I hate when the show turns into one giant meta-joke at the expense of the reality of the show. I dunno though. I'm a nerd.

hobojoe44
05-29-2007, 07:34 AM
Thing I didn't get was that Kent Brockman won the lottery but he needed his job back in the episode.

It didn't explain what happened to all his money.

Harnum
06-09-2007, 11:21 AM
Gotta love the couch gags! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgjd0Ehp5d8&mode=related&search=)

qwertywarrior
06-09-2007, 12:54 PM
There's a Simpson's movie?

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d61/taize001/Cartoons/excellent.jpg

Grabbal
06-09-2007, 05:05 PM

Jakebert
06-09-2007, 05:37 PM
Actually, it's 5 years.

Grabbal
06-09-2007, 05:44 PM

nameless
06-09-2007, 07:30 PM
i just heard about the green day appereance, hopefully it will be better than when blink 182 were on it!

Jakebert
06-23-2007, 10:20 AM
I think I'm the only person on Earth who didn't think that Spider-pig was that funny. But, on a better note, I loved the Bible joke and thought that felt like a classic-era Simpsons gag.

F@ BANKZ
06-23-2007, 10:30 AM
I don't like the animation.
As for the rest, I only laughed for the first 33 seconds.

ZagmenO
06-23-2007, 10:30 AM
The trailers just keep getting better and better.

Jakebert
06-23-2007, 10:47 AM
The animation is the part I'm liking the most, because even if the writing isn't great, I already know that the animation is amazing. It proves that 2-D animation isn't dead.

F@ BANKZ
06-23-2007, 10:55 AM
The problem I'm having with it is that there too many special affects trying to add the wow factor and it isn't what people watch The Simpsons for. Maybe when I get into the cinema and see 10 minuites or so I'll get used to it.

Also, I'm worried about the plot; any cartoon (excluding SouthPark) with a plot involving masses of missiles being shot from earth a naked 10 year old boy flying onto shop windows and a spider-pig is a little risky in my opinion. It's not looking too promiseing in my eyes but I'm seeing it however terrible.

Stranger With Candy
07-09-2007, 04:07 PM
I want a Squishee

Homer
07-09-2007, 04:43 PM
I'm still very pessimistic about the movie. Also, I'm not too keen on the animation, but might be because I've always loved the shotty job of the animation in the old seasons. It was never about the animation, and I don't think this movie should be an exception.

nieh
07-09-2007, 04:51 PM
I actually went to the Kwik-E-Mart while I was in NY on Saturday and picked up a can of Buzz Cola.

Homer
07-09-2007, 04:52 PM
Pictures. That's what we need.

Jakebert
07-09-2007, 11:28 PM
I'm still very pessimistic about the movie. Also, I'm not too keen on the animation, but might be because I've always loved the shotty job of the animation in the old seasons. It was never about the animation, and I don't think this movie should be an exception.

If you think the Simpsons isn't about animation, then you know nothing about animation. The Simpsons has always been known for it's very cinamatic, unique animation style that plays on everything from drama to action. The stuff being done in the movie is stuff that they'd be doing on the show if they had the money and time.

Homer
07-10-2007, 12:28 AM
My problem is that in the new season it's way too polished, and they do needless stuff like pan the "camera" around a character as if it were 3d. I don't know why it irritates me, but it just does. It's kind of like a time filler, because the joke during a certain scene is bad.

Also, back in the old seasons (like 6), it didn't have that level of polish, at all. In some scenes Homer's head would be different sizes, and the eyes would be bigger, etc. Also, the writing was so good, it didn't need great animation to make up for it. Anyways, yeah, I think that's what I'm trying to say.

Jakebert
07-10-2007, 02:23 PM
But the show did have great animation at that point. The things they were doing in terms of staging, camera angles, and background design was incredibly advanced compared to everything else on TV. With shitty animation, a lot of that writing would have been pointless, because the animation enhanced it and made it better.

Homer
07-10-2007, 02:28 PM
Well, I don't have a problem with the "camera" angles and crap like that, but meh, I guess it just comes down to personal preference.

Biggest offspring fan
07-10-2007, 02:49 PM
Cant fucking wait to see the new movie... The trailer rules.

0r4ng3
07-13-2007, 05:18 PM
So, the episode with the Radioactive Man movie is on. Hearing "The goggles do nothing!" just made my day. Yeah, I just wanted to say that.

Jakebert
07-22-2007, 10:27 AM
Where are people saying this?

Stranger With Candy
07-22-2007, 11:14 AM
Bigger than Elivs and The Beatles! That is awesome. I got a ticket for the premiere here in Norway!

Stranger With Candy
07-22-2007, 01:47 PM
A little in Oslo and a little in Arendal. But i got the tickets in Oslo.

SkunkIt
07-26-2007, 11:58 AM
I expect most of the movie to be like the TV show and I still wanna see it.

nieh
07-26-2007, 12:01 PM
I really don't want to see it but I probably will anyway. Nothing in the previews made me laugh, not even the stuff that supposedly made other cynical old time Simpsons fans laugh.

coke_a_holic
07-26-2007, 12:03 PM
I really don't want to see it but I probably will anyway. Nothing in the previews made me laugh, not even the stuff that supposedly made other cynical old time Simpsons fans laugh.

I pretty much agree. I'm not that interested in the Simpsons anymore, finding the episodes either exhausted or unfunny, but I still want to see the movie, regardless. I don't know why.

SkunkIt
07-26-2007, 12:10 PM
Not even for Spider Pig? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWR9F8IqXLE)

Great Mike
07-26-2007, 01:04 PM
I've just seen the movie and it's great, without any doubt. You can feel Matt Groening has put a hand in the film because it's incredible better than the last seasons. I'm sure most people will see their expectations fulfilled.

The first half of the movie is especially good, being a nonstop of amazing gags. The church-bar gag will become a classic.

0r4ng3
07-27-2007, 12:18 AM
I just came back from watching the movie. I'm not even a huge Simpson fan, and I liked it a lot. And yes, the first half was amazing.

Jojan
07-27-2007, 01:43 PM
Spiderpig, spiderpig
Does whatever a spiderpig does
Can he swing from a web?
No, he can’t. He’s a pig.
Look out! He is a spiderpig.

Just came home from the movie theater.

Bazza
07-27-2007, 01:59 PM
Any working torrents yet? I like the Simpsons, but not enough to get off my arse and pay to watch it.

Jakebert
07-27-2007, 02:00 PM
I won't get to see it until tomorrow night because all of the friends who want to see it with me happen to be working tonight. So much for seeing it on opening night, but oh well.

Anyway, the real reason I came to the thread: it's got an 81 on Metacritic right now. So the reviews are incredibly positive. Most of the reviews are saying that it's not just a good Simpsons Movie, it's a good movie in general, and one of the best movies to be released this year. I'm excited.

Stranger With Candy
07-27-2007, 02:09 PM
It got 89% on Rotten Tomatoes.

nieh
07-27-2007, 02:09 PM
I feel like the majority of people that are seeing this opening night are the fanboys that still think the Simpsons is a great show, and thus, are going to like the movie even if it is like the more recent episodes.

I'm partially telling myself that so that so my expectations are as low as possible when I inevitably see it.

Jakebert
07-27-2007, 02:20 PM
I don't know about Rotten Tomatos, but I generally trust Metacritic. They've been spot on with most of the movies I've seen since I discovered the site. Plus, it's not fan reviews, it's an average based purely on critical reviews. And while one criticial review by itself may not mean shit, when you average them together, you get a pretty decent reading on the quality of the movie.

Stranger With Candy
07-27-2007, 02:43 PM
Rotten Tomatoes is just the same, its also just based on critical reviews.

Marco
07-27-2007, 02:44 PM
The Green Day version of The Simpsons Theme is awesome

Homer
07-27-2007, 02:57 PM
I feel like the majority of people that are seeing this opening night are the fanboys that still think the Simpsons is a great show, and thus, are going to like the movie even if it is like the more recent episodes.

I'm partially telling myself that so that so my expectations are as low as possible when I inevitably see it.

^ Agreed, agreed.

Also, I am going to end up seeing this movie, but I don't have a plan to go see it. There's no way in hell that I'm going to see it today, due to the fact that all of the fanboys, and assholes are all going to be crammed into the theater(s). So, I'll see it whenever I can, or want to for that matter.

coke_a_holic
07-27-2007, 03:06 PM
...Says Homer.

lol

Homer
07-27-2007, 03:10 PM
...Says Homer.

lol

Defeat . :(

0r4ng3
07-27-2007, 03:16 PM
The Green Day version of The Simpsons Theme is awesome
And their cameo was actually funny. Better than I thought it would be.

Homer
07-27-2007, 03:26 PM
Green Day is in it? Ahhh... damn. Please, tell me that their cameo actually makes any sense at all, instead of something like "Hey look! It's Green Day!"

Grabbal
07-27-2007, 04:28 PM

nieh
07-27-2007, 05:08 PM
You know, a long time ago, someone I knew made an "if Weezer appeared on the Simpsons..." joke that went as follows:

"Look, it's that guy from Weezer, Lakes!"
"That's Rivers..."
"You mean like Joan?"

It always made me sad just how spot on that was.

DeAtHsTaR
07-27-2007, 05:19 PM
You know, a long time ago, someone I knew made an "if Weezer appeared on the Simpsons..." joke that went as follows:

"Look, it's that guy from Weezer, Lakes!"
"That's Rivers..."
"You mean like Joan?"

It always made me sad just how spot on that was.

How is that funny? No offense, I get it, I just don't see how it's even a joke.

nieh
07-27-2007, 05:25 PM
That's the whole fucking point. It wasn't funny, but it fits right in line with the stuff the Simpsons always do with their guest stars.

Original prankstA
07-27-2007, 05:32 PM
i also saw it today and have to say was very disappointed. it was funny but not nearly what i expected. I judge anybody who thinks that this movie was actually very good. Don't get me wrong, i liked it but only found myself laughing like six times throughout the entire thing.

SkunkIt
07-28-2007, 01:32 AM
I was expecting it to be like the T.V. show, but it was definitely better than I expected, it was AWESOME. <333333333333333333333333333333333

I hate most movies and can't sit through them, but I sat through this whole movie and it enjoyed to the extreme.

Also, everyone sang the "Spider Pig" theme song.

I'd definitely see it a million times more. <33333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333 33333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333 33333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333 33333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333 33333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333 3333333333

Andy
07-28-2007, 04:50 AM
I watched the film last night. After watching the last 5 seasons I expected it to be rubbish.

It wasn't and I laughed mightily.

I recommend.

Grabbal
07-28-2007, 06:00 AM

Lodat225
07-28-2007, 07:22 AM
I saw it. It was hilarious, but the story kinda dragged out.

Thomas
07-28-2007, 09:44 AM
I would have seen it already if it weren't for God-damn band camp. Now I have to wait until NEXT weekend until I can see it. :(

Original prankstA
07-28-2007, 09:53 AM
This is unbelieveable! Only like six or something times?

It's like, you didn't get the jokes? which you have to be dumb not to..

i guess i was hoping that the movie wouldn't be as lame as later episodes. I guess you could say i was laughing inside but it just seems like it could've been a lot better.

Stranger With Candy
07-28-2007, 03:01 PM
Im just back from watching the movie, and it was even better than i thought it would be. Way better than the later seasons.

Homer
07-28-2007, 03:35 PM
To anyone who's seen it: Which season can you relate the movie to the most? Tough question I know, but I feel that some seasons seemed more distinct than others.

I would have seen it already if it weren't for God-damn band camp. Now I have to wait until NEXT weekend until I can see it. :(

You're not alone, we're in the same boat. Everyone who I was going to see it with are either gone, which the majority are, or too busy. Bah!

Grabbal
07-28-2007, 05:47 PM

leo3375
07-28-2007, 06:47 PM
I just saw it today. It was definitely better than any episode from the last five seasons.

And I have the "Spider-Pig" song running through my head right now.

Jakebert
07-28-2007, 09:13 PM
I just got back, and I loved it. Humor-wise, it's a perfect blend of every style imaginable, and there wasn't a single joke in the whole thing where I cringed and felt "holy shit, that sucked". The animation was mind-blowing, and the plot was actually really well done. I know I'll lose manpoints for this, but there was a scene that actually kind of chocked me up, which is something that the show hasn't made me do since season 7.

To anyone who's seen it: Which season can you relate the movie to the most? Tough question I know, but I feel that some seasons seemed more distinct than others.

I guess I'd say it seems like a Dave Mirkin-era show, seasons 5-6. Very wacky rapidfire humor, but still very much rooted in plot and emotion.

Homer
07-28-2007, 10:01 PM
I guess I'd say it seems like a Dave Mirkin-era show, seasons 5-6. Very wacky rapidfire humor, but still very much rooted in plot and emotion.

Best answer I could hope for. Seeing as how those seasons were the best.

Jakebert
07-28-2007, 10:21 PM
There were glimpses of other seasons in the movie, but they were glimpses of the best of those seasons.

Just as proof that the movie is good: even the cynical, die-hards over at nohomers.net loved it. And they usually hate anything Simpsons that isn't from seasons 1-9.

Homer
07-28-2007, 10:25 PM
Damnit, now I want to go see it. Way to go.

*cries*

F@ BANKZ
07-29-2007, 09:58 AM
I just saw it today. It was definitely better than any episode from the last five seasons.

And I have the "Spider-Pig" song running through my head right now.
Ditto exactly

I liked it all: The wig, the glasses, the catchphrase, Spider Pig, just everything.
Anything with Homer going Easy...Eeessyy always gets me.

Lodat225
07-29-2007, 12:52 PM
Too short, though. It seemed like 2 episodes put together after I saw the "To Be Continued"

Jakebert
07-29-2007, 01:39 PM
Yeah, it was a little short, but I guess I'd ratherh ave that then risk it going too long.

I loved the "TO BE CONTINUED" thing. I thought it was a great "screw you" joke to the audience.

leo3375
07-29-2007, 01:41 PM
Ditto exactly

I liked it all: The wig, the glasses, the catchphrase, Spider Pig, just everything.
Anything with Homer going Easy...Eeessyy always gets me.

He actually said, "Steady… steeeeeaaaady…"

Grabbal
07-29-2007, 02:34 PM

Endymion
07-29-2007, 03:43 PM
having completely given up on the simpsons years ago (sixish), i've seen the movie twice now and loved it both times. the plot seemed kinda secondary (though not nearly as much as the few recent eps of simpsons i've seen), but many of the lols were spot on. i'm hoping they have an hour or so of deleted stuff on the dvd. one of my favorite bits they cut was during the dog part with homer, he goes "that's enough whipping for one day... with this arm!" and starts whipping with his left.

if you can find a greasier sandwich, you’re in mexico!

Jakebert
07-29-2007, 04:47 PM
According to most of the articles I've read, they have at least an hour of cut scenes, since they re-wrote the whole thing around 5 times.

Harnum
07-29-2007, 06:03 PM
I want to see this movie soooooo bad.

In other news... Your friendly neighborhood Spider Pig. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OdUo_JUfzw&mode=related&search=) It's lame and ingenious all at the same time.

killer_queen
07-29-2007, 06:30 PM
I can't even tell if it was good or bad. The Simpsons is shown with subtitles on tv here but I guess, some jerk thought "this is a cartoon so the people who watch it must be 5-year-olds" and I had to watch it in turkish. It was AWFUL. And the guy behind me didn't stop kicking my seat so no, I didn't enjoy the movie. I couldn't.

Other than that, there had been moments I laughed. Really laughed. But I have to admit, I was waiting for something genious, something awesome and this obviously wasn't.

Oh and, I loved it where Homer kept on whipping the dogs to make them rest.

Lightning Rod
07-29-2007, 06:32 PM
The Shame ((((
In My Country Simpsons Movie
Start Only At 17 August

Homer
07-30-2007, 03:47 AM
Gah! I have to see this movie now! Damnit, tomorrow (or later today, rather) I'm going to go see it. That's my goal.

XYlophonetreeZ
07-30-2007, 04:14 PM
I saw it this afternoon. Was a little disappointed actually. I agree that it was too short. Normally I don't get upset about movies' lengths, but the thing that chapped my ass was that it really had the potential for a lot more in the story. It actually seemed a bit rushed to me.

It does, however, score points for a couple of excellent Cletus moments.

Amiralanal
07-30-2007, 04:39 PM
Ive seen the movie twice in the theater.

Jakebert
07-30-2007, 04:45 PM
I was surprised at how much Cletus was in it. I figured he'd be one of the characters that got one line, not two really big jokes. I was kind of disappointed that most of the big secondary scenes went to Moe, though. I like Moe, but they could have done more with characters like Skinner or Kirk. But, they did make up for it by having some hilarious Wiggum gags.

The biggest problem I had with it being so short is that they could have spent so much more time on Springfield's fall into chaos rather than just a few scenes. I think they could have developed Mr. Burns' scene into an entire story if they had spent time on it. I think having Burns take over the town after the dome was put up would have been a lot more interesting than just seeing Springfield riot, even though that was fun.

I don't think it felt rushed, though. I think everything was paced fairly well, even if a few things were a little underdeveloped, especially Lisa's arc. Almost every scene between her and Colin was really cute and well done, and I think it had a lot more potential than they gave it.

Other than that, I was happy with the story. I liked how all of the major plot points were things that they purposely laid into the story early instead of bringing things in from nowhere, then making really lame meta-jokes about how those things came out of nowhere like they tend to do on the show now.

Homer
07-30-2007, 11:11 PM
So, I saw it today, and I must say, I'm impressed. However, it was nothing like the old episodes. It was like... the new writers came up with the plot line, and then the old writers wrote the jokes for that plot... which is exactly what happened, right? Right.

Anyways, there weren't any moments where I really "lol'd" though, there weren't any times where I just sat there thinking "That wasn't funny." So, it was a good movie.

Jakebert
07-31-2007, 10:55 AM
What? The only current writers on the show that worked on the movie are ones who have been on the show since season 9. The plot was written by all 11 of the writers they had on the movie staff. The actual writers on the show wouldn't have time to work on the movie plot, seeing as TV writers generally work 15 hour days as it is.

TheOldMark
07-31-2007, 12:18 PM
im just as obsessed with the simpsons as I am with the Offspring. I have every DVD and watch a disk just about every day. Watching episodes with girls is my preferred date.

The movie was awesome.

Linda
07-31-2007, 01:05 PM
Anyone else thinking what I'm thinking?!

Grabbal
07-31-2007, 01:49 PM

leo3375
07-31-2007, 02:35 PM
Anyone else thinking what I'm thinking?!

I think so, but where are we gonna find rubber pants our size?

Skinny
07-31-2007, 03:10 PM
simpsons are ok, but its to goddamn NOT FUNNY, i seriously havent laughed at a simpsons episode for years and years. South Park is the way to go guys and girls.

coke_a_holic
07-31-2007, 03:17 PM
I think so, but where are we gonna find rubber pants our sieze?

If this is a Pinky and the Brain reference, then I love you. If not, it was still reminiscent of Pinky and the Brain, which always makes me laugh.

The movie was fantastic. I laughed a lot, and I usually don't laugh that hard at movies.

Trappucino.

leo3375
07-31-2007, 04:18 PM
If this is a Pinky and the Brain reference, then I love you. If not, it was still reminiscent of Pinky and the Brain, which always makes me laugh.

The movie was fantastic. I laughed a lot, and I usually don't laugh that hard at movies.

Trappucino.

Yes, I was referenceing "Pinky And The Brain." And legally, I can't love you back. I really don't want to go to jail.

HornyPope
07-31-2007, 10:20 PM
The Simpsons movie kicked ass.

mrconeman
08-05-2007, 02:35 PM
few little spoilers ahead for those unfortunate enough to have not seen this yet.

So I seen it a little late, I'm just home. But God damn that was extremely funny. Like the hardest I've laughed at a movie in quite some time.
Moe is probably my favourite secondary character, I was very happy that he got so much screen time, and with all of his lines, and Otto smoking a bong was absolutely amazing.

I must admit I thought Burns should have had a bigger part, and a few of Smithers' gay jokes would have been nice...maybe a prank phone call from Bart to Moe, but it's easy to see why they were left out I guess.

Overall I give it epic out of 10.

Oh and Carl made me lol pretty hard.

Oh and Colin was pretty cringe worthy, but the Bono thing made up for it entirely.

Jakebert
08-05-2007, 04:07 PM
Colin was okay, but he was kind of generic. I wish they had gotten someone else to do the voice, though. Tress MacNelle is a good voice actress, but she can't do kid's voices.

mrconeman
08-05-2007, 04:09 PM
Nor can she do an Irish accent.
Seriously, you could actually hear everyone in our cinema shuffle/moan in discomfort.

Jakebert
08-05-2007, 04:14 PM
Aside from the voice, I liked him. I really liked the scene where he wrote the music notes on the dome. Very cute.

Yeah, I said cute, but I made a loser leave the board today, so I don't lose any manpoints.

mrconeman
08-05-2007, 04:18 PM
Yeah thats generally how I feel, but I still won't say cute.

SeanZombie
08-06-2007, 01:54 AM
the movie was okay

ninthlayer
08-06-2007, 02:11 AM
The only part of that movie that I liked was "Black is the worst color".

nieh
08-11-2007, 03:57 PM
http://www.offthetelly.co.uk/comedy/simpsons/decade.htm

Just figured I'd share that. It's pretty interesting, even though there's 1-2 mistakes in there (i.e. saying a quote came from Apu when it actually came from Lisa, etc.)

F@ BANKZ
08-11-2007, 04:25 PM
I thought the Movie was very entertaining though it was alot different to the era I'm most familiar with (Whatever seasons Channel 4 has showen to date) but you can't let something like that bother you.
Other than that my only critisism could be that the characters (Bart in particular) seemed to be portrayed alot differently to what I've seen in any episode. I don't know if his character has been edited during the last few seasons or whatever but it was sort of annoying at parts.

http://www.offthetelly.co.uk/comedy/simpsons/decade.htm

Just figured I'd share that. It's pretty interesting, even though there's 1-2 mistakes in there (i.e. saying a quote came from Apu when it actually came from Lisa, etc.)

tl ; dr

Jakebert
08-11-2007, 04:26 PM
Before I get into my nerdy detailed opinion on this, I have to point out some things they got wrong:

"The City of New York vs. Homer Simpson" and "The Principal and the Pauper" were not Mike Scully episodes, they were Oakley and Weinstein episodes. Also, "Simpson Tide" was an Al Jean/Mike Reiss episode, not a Scully. Also, Scully had the highest regular ratings since season 1, which makes sense seeing as that was when the show was at it's dumbest, therefore more 12 year olds and stupid people could get all of the jokes.

As a whole, I agree with them on the Scully-era. I think the dumbed down, crude, stupid sex jokes and wacky cartoon antics of Homer did get incredibly annoying, and eventually it seemed like a run-of-the-mill animated sitcom.

One episode mentioned, the one where Maude dies, I think had potential had they done it earlier on. The idea of her dieing could have worked if they had taken the emotional, realistic route rather than the zany route, and I think it would have given a Ned a lot of story potential.

Where I start to disagree is when they start talking about the Jean seasons. While a lot of the episodes do suck (I refuse to ever watch "Bart Managled Banner" again, it was that bad), there's still quite a few good episodes in there that make it worth watching still. There are actually a lot of newer episodes that I'd say are on the same level with some episodes during the "classic" seasons, even if they don't have the same feel.

The biggest thing is that at least now the bad episodes are just boring but still watchable rather than the "HOLY SHIT THAT SUCKS" style that seasons 10-12 had, or how Family Guy is now.

Jebus
05-08-2008, 01:10 AM
I hate bumping this old thread, but I've had this on my mind for years now and google has failed me. I need to know which specific episode this is from. Homer throws Mr. Burns to a mob off a balcony. They catch him. Then homer jumps off himself because it seems like fun. You get the impression that it's going to be an obvious gag where homer gets hurt. Nothing happens and he gets caught. Show goes on. This had to be one of my favorite moments in the show, but I can't for the love of god remember anything else about from the episode.

Another thing. Am I the only person who loved that 90s tribute episode? I know everyone is nerd raging over how it the entire Simpsons history was retconned by that single episode, but I still can't help loving the 90sness of it all. My favorite part was the Howard Zinn reference.

Autonomist
05-08-2008, 07:03 AM
Could it possibly be C.E. D'oh (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C.E._D%27oh)? You saying you've been wondering about it for years makes me reconsider as this episode only aired back in 2003, but nevertheless I am fairly confident that's it.

zsk
05-08-2008, 07:11 AM
i'm sooo a fucking huge simpsons fan!!!!

simpsons rulez
the best scene:
http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=_hDnFUyqAPw

iPunk247
06-07-2008, 02:51 AM
the simpsons rules baby. me can so relate to some of teh cartoon characters.

zsk
12-30-2008, 12:32 PM
http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=thBb3TREALI&feature=related

SweetTatyana
12-30-2008, 02:21 PM
lol Love these simpsons commercials! Seems to be the only simpsons clips that dont get deleted from youtube!

http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=vX6FXRgcKQc&feature=related