PDA

View Full Version : Brett Gurewitz feels regret for the way he treated the Offspring.

Danno
01-25-2007, 12:13 AM
After all these years it looks as if Mr. Brett admits that he felt wrong about his fued with the Offspring once they decided to leave Epitaph Records.

Brett states:

"Well, I regret all the bad things I said about the Offspring in the press when they left. We were kind of airing our dirty laundry and speaking out emotionally. I should have kept that all to myself. That's the main thing."

Did you take it personally when the Offspring left Epitaph for Columbia?

"I did, and I shouldn't have. I learned a lesson there. It's business. It's not personal. I owe a great debt of gratitude to the Offspring camp, and I feel extremely comfortable saying that. I hope they read that."

This was taken from a recent interview done with billboard.com.

Billboard Interview with breet Guerwitz (http://billboard.com/bbcom/feature/index.jsp)

-Danno

DexterWannabe
01-25-2007, 12:23 AM
finally he realizes it was a mistake

StayInTheHouseCarl
01-25-2007, 12:45 AM
i was just coming on here to post this article. haha

I commend Brett for admitting he made a mistake. Better late than never.

Let the Hatchet be Buried.

Fat Boy Samsam
01-25-2007, 02:06 AM
Business = Business but Offspring <> Epitaph !

I am pleased that Brett can see that now - but there has been a lot of water under the bridge since the Offspring left Epitaph. I guess it doesn't matter if the boys accept this apology or not.

I personally would tell Brett to go fuck himself

Jojan
01-25-2007, 09:15 AM
Well, I regret all the bad things I said about the Offspring in the press when they left. We were kind of airing our dirty laundry and speaking out emotionally. I should have kept that all to myself. That's the main thing.

lol. Why should he had kept that to himself?

Jakebert
01-25-2007, 09:36 AM
I personally would tell Brett to go fuck himself

Yes, but you're also an idiot.

StayInTheHouseCarl
01-25-2007, 09:43 AM
Perhaps because if the Brett vs. Offspring feud continued... this year's warped tour would be a looooooooooong one for both parties.

that is of course if the rumors are true that Offspring are coming back to warped this year.

Im just hypothesizing.

DeAtHsTaR
01-25-2007, 09:57 AM
A band can't headline Warped twice.

F@ BANKZ
01-25-2007, 10:51 AM
Can they?:confused: :confused: :confused:

jacknife737
01-25-2007, 12:50 PM
A band can't headline Warped twice.

Warped does not have headliners.

Gayman
01-25-2007, 02:17 PM
I've always taken Brett as a deacent guy. Not an asshole. Even he hating The Offspring.
Ofcourse you get pissed off when that kind of future sell get out of your hands. I knew that he said those thing that "The Offspring are sellouts" just because he was pissed off, didn't really mean them.

Venom Symbiote
01-25-2007, 05:14 PM
that is of course if the rumors are true that Offspring are coming back to warped this year.

What, are the Bad Religion guys playing Warped too or something? Or are you just referring to the fact that a lot of the bands playing it are usually signed to Nitro? I guess if it wasn't too much of an issue in '05, it wouldn't be a big deal now.

As for Brett, he's a pretty prolific punk-rock figure, whether you all like it or not. Sure, he's a crackhead lefty fucknugget, but he's not all bad. I mean, hell, Dexter's a plagiarist and a control-freak, we still like him right?

ZagmenO
01-25-2007, 05:34 PM
Plagiarist ?

Venom Symbiote
01-25-2007, 05:38 PM
"Tokyo, I'm On My Way".

ZagmenO
01-25-2007, 05:40 PM
That was a stupid song.

Venom Symbiote
01-25-2007, 05:49 PM
Lies.

But that's not the issue. He claimed he wrote it.

DeAtHsTaR
01-25-2007, 06:18 PM
Plagiarism is immoral and wrong.

Short_Attention_Span
01-25-2007, 06:51 PM
What, are the Bad Religion guys playing Warped too or something?

Uh... yeah.

And plagarism is wrong, but I think that it was all one big twisted joke. Doesn't make it right, but seriously... it seems like something that he would do.
________
MARIJUANA MEDICAL (http://medicalmarijuana.us/)

Venom Symbiote
01-25-2007, 07:17 PM
No, him joking about the lawsuit in the news posts is something that he'd do.

Not the actual ripping off of a song and lying about it, taking credit. That's just outright breaking the law and being an unrespectable fuck.

What I'm getting at is, we all traditionally rip on Brett for screwing up big-time in the mid-'90s following Smash. And his coke addiction. But all-in-all, he's done more good than bad for the type of music we love, and in comparison our own favourite little indie-record label owner isn't infallible either.

So bashing Guerewitz is pretty fucking douchebaggy.

FrancoDaHui
01-25-2007, 07:21 PM
i hope this means that the offspring can go back to epitaph :D

haha that would be great

rlplaymaker
01-25-2007, 07:27 PM
Perhaps because if the Brett vs. Offspring feud continued... this year's warped tour would be a looooooooooong one for both parties.

Im just hypothesizing.

what rumor, i havn't heard anything about them doing warped?

rlplaymaker
01-25-2007, 07:29 PM

haha that would be great

and you're a moron for saying that lol

Kitten
01-25-2007, 07:43 PM
Why now? It seems a little late.

Ninty Man
01-25-2007, 08:33 PM
and you're a moron for saying that lol

He's not a moron, he's a good mexican guitarist

Little_Miss_1565
01-25-2007, 09:53 PM
And his coke addiction.

Correction: heroin addiction.

haha that would be great

Considering that the indie labels are the only labels who are proving to be profitable in the US, this might not be a bad idea.

0r4ng3
01-25-2007, 10:07 PM
I deleted a post before, but I think I shouldn't have, so here goes.

To me, it seems that Brett Gurewitz only "regrets" the way he treated The Offspring because he made them leave before hitting it big with Americana.

StayInTheHouseCarl
01-25-2007, 10:15 PM
what rumor, i havn't heard anything about them doing warped?

I heard from various sources. like i said. its just a rumor. im not saying its true.

Camilamazed
01-26-2007, 10:01 AM
I like what I read!

=]

FrancoDaHui
01-26-2007, 03:10 PM
He's not a moron, he's a good mexican guitarist

thanks a lot, good sir and drummer XD

but i think it'd be great to see the offspring back in epitaph and touring with bad religion :D . Ok, i know that'd never happen, sorry

Acoustic1804
01-26-2007, 04:07 PM

haha that would be great

That is the most fucking stupid thing I have heard all year

Ninty Man
01-26-2007, 05:07 PM
thanks a lot, good sir and drummer XD

but i think it'd be great to see the offspring back in epitaph and touring with bad religion :D . Ok, i know that'd never happen, sorry

You're welcome, member of La Prole XD, and composer of Mexicana.

But why not??? Maybe Offspring will get retired in Epitaph, with one kick ass fucking motherfucker fuck punk album

That is the most fucking stupid thing I have heard all year

You still live... that it's the most stupid thing I've ever witnessed

Venom Symbiote
01-26-2007, 07:31 PM
Correction: heroin addiction.

Meh. Difference is minimal enough to not matter. Substance-abuse, schmeh.

German Andres
01-28-2007, 11:19 AM
[QUOTE=Ninty Man;959110]You're welcome, member of La Prole XD, and composer of Mexicana.

But why not??? Maybe Offspring will get retired in Epitaph, with one kick ass fucking motherfucker fuck punk album

That would be an awesome retirement! Back to Basics......man, I shouldn`t be thinking this! "The Offspring retirement" noooooooooooo!!!!

ZagmenO
01-30-2007, 07:49 PM
It would not be wise to go from a major record label back down to a low-budget one that they've moved on from.

Little_Miss_1565
01-30-2007, 08:41 PM
The majors are all deeply in debt and losing money by the minute. The indie labels are, by and large, profitable.

Fat Boy Samsam
01-31-2007, 04:19 AM
The majors are all deeply in debt and losing money by the minute. The indie labels are, by and large, profitable.

Correct! but it still wouldn't be wise to sign for a indie label if one of the majors want you