PDA

View Full Version : Fire is awesome.

mrconeman
01-25-2007, 07:14 AM
Yeah, it is. I don't really know why I'm bothering to post this, but I will.
I'm out of school 3 hours early today because of a fire. I dunno how it happened or anything, but two art rooms went on fire (hahah everyones art coursework is in ashes). They let the senior pupils home early after the whole fire drill malarkey and an assembly.

Discuss fire, awesomeness, getting out of school early, and/or art coursework.

0r4ng3
01-25-2007, 07:17 AM
Wait, fires can actually happen in schools? I thought all those years of fire drills were just for fun.

It's probably just coincidence, but the second I opened this thread, "The Fire Burns Forever" by HammerFall came up on my iTunes. Just felt like pointing that out.

mrconeman
01-25-2007, 07:22 AM
Wait, fires can actually happen in schools? I thought all those years of fire drills were just for fun.

I always thought this too, aparantly so did my Sociology teacher, we sat in class for almost 10 minutes listening to the fire bell thinking "oh someones set it off". We weren't guna move until someone ran in asking for a fire extinguisher.
Yeah, real organized, my school.

the_GoDdEsS
01-25-2007, 07:23 AM
That's what you get for having artrooms, rich people! We never had any artrooms, nor anything that could catch fire too easily. Except for that one geography room that stored lots of old outdated maps we used, because we could not afford any other in the 90s. It was always like "Oh, ignore this. This country does not exist any more.".

We only had art class in primary school.

JoY
01-25-2007, 07:56 AM
I like fire, the playful flames & their colours so fucking much, I could stare at our fireplace, after I'd just lit it, for hours. one time I was so intrigued, staring at the fire in the fireplace, that when my dad put his both hands on my shoulders, he scared me to tears.

mrconeman
01-25-2007, 08:01 AM
Actually, yeah. I was disappointed in a way, in that I didn't see a single flame.
Just sucky dark black smoke pouring out of the windows.

Sinister
01-25-2007, 08:15 AM
We had a real fire in kindergarten. Before we actually had a chance to do a fire drill.

It wasn't a big fire and I didn't even get to see smoke, but there were firefighter trucks parked all around, something that doesn't happen during drills.

I remained pyrophobe until I was like 12.

Duskygrin
01-25-2007, 11:04 AM
I never witnessed a fire. I don't have a hearth. The fire was never lit when I was at friends'. & nothing caught fire near me. The best I ever got was candlelit dinners.

I envy you somewhat. *sheds envious tears*

Llamas
01-25-2007, 11:49 AM
First story about a fire in school:
A new chemistry student teacher was giving a demo in our little theatre (which was entirely made of wood) on how fireworks work. I walked in and sat down, and the first thing he said was, "You're supposed to perform this demo using petri dishes... but Mr. Richards (the main chem teacher) isn't here. So I'm going to use pie tins." He lit the table on fire several times. How it works is he'd put an element and alcohol in a pie tin, and then ignite it with a torch. One of the flames started to go out... so he picked up the bottle of alcohol (it was like a gallon bottle) and POURED IT ON THE FLAME. The flame shot inside the bottle and in less than a second, consumed all of the alcohol and shot out into the audience, engulfing the entire first 5 rows. Quite a few people were sent to the emergency room with some rather bad burns. The rest of the school spent the next 4 hours in the gymnasium, and then the rest of the day, anyone who was in the little theatre during the demo kept getting called to the office. I was one of those people, and after that experience, I wasn't really in the mood to talk with counselors and the principal. Fucking scary and felt like it was right out of a movie. I just remember sitting there, thinking the flame was pretty, all of a sudden seeing tons of fire shoot out, being in shock for a split second, and then bolting out of my seat and running.

Second story about fire in school (not scary... more funny): we were watching Goodbye, Lenin in class, and it was at the part where there's the protest and there are tons of sirens going off... that scene is a good 5 minutes long, and after the scene ended, we realized that the fire alarm had been going off and we smelled smoke. We'd just been into the movie and thought the siren was part of the movie, haha. So we really had to book it out of the building, and then stand in the rain for over an hour while the firemen came and did their thing, and THEN our prof cancelled the rest of class- AFTER we waited in the rain forever. Gay.

Sinister
01-25-2007, 12:31 PM
that is one fucking stupid student teacher.

Nineteen Seventy Nine
01-25-2007, 01:31 PM
This is more about school closings and awesomeness.

Bomb threats. I had my first one January second, the buses took us to the middle school instead, and placed us in the gym until our parents picked us up. I waited for two hours. All the other kids had to go back to the not-completely-searched-for-bombs high school after four hours. I thought that was a bad idea by the school district (silly Detroit).

Bomb threats, pretty awesome. Especially when no one actually has the bomb. I'm extremely not suggesting it, but you could just call that "Speak Up" number, say that there's a rumor a junior is planning on blowing up the school, and there you have it, no school. What are you going to get in trouble for?

Original prankstA
01-25-2007, 02:37 PM
earlier this year some kids threw 15 flares on the roof and melted a hole in it, we got off school for 2 days, it was pretty awsome

offspring dude
01-25-2007, 02:42 PM
earlier this year some kids threw 15 flares on the roof and melted a hole in it, we got off school for 2 days, it was pretty awsome

Sounds like a poorly built roof your school has.

I've never had a fire in school, i wish there was one, all the panic and scare makes me laugh, people in my school are so paranoid, + we get to miss school. One thing i hate is the fire drills, we have like 5/6 a year, and they are so annoying and pointless, i mean i think everybody gets what we have to do in case of a fire by now, no need to go over it a thousand times again.

Original prankstA
01-25-2007, 02:45 PM
Sounds like a poorly built roof your school has.

yeah i'm not sure how it happend, it was a new building, built only last year

offspring dude
01-25-2007, 02:48 PM
yeah i'm not sure how it happend, it was a new building, built only last year

That's even more worrying.

Venom Symbiote
01-25-2007, 11:57 PM
It's probably just coincidence, but the second I opened this thread, "The Fire Burns Forever" by HammerFall came up on my iTunes. Just felt like pointing that out.

I love you. It's a shitty song by them, but the band itself is reminiscent of tits of all sizes shapes and varieties. Joacim Cans is the shiznit, man. "FIGHT WITH YOUR HEART AND YOU'RE DESTINED FOR GLORY!" Metal as fuck.

As for the topic, at my highschool our fire-drill rally point for all the students was across the street, near the science building. The science building was lined with gas-tanks for the bunsen burners and shit. Shows how idiotic most private schools are.

XYlophonetreeZ
01-26-2007, 12:00 AM
Ignition! They call it an obsession! I think it's kinda bitchin'! I think it's kinda neeeeeeeeeat!!!!

I, for one, am amazed the thread lasted as long as it did without a "Burn It Up" reference.