PDA

View Full Version : Wisdom Teeth.

Jakebert
01-27-2007, 01:14 PM
I got mine out yesterday morning, and boy, does it still hurt like a motherfucker.

Anyway, who here has gotten theirs out, or never had to? Also, if you got yours out, how long until the swelling went down?

Sin Studly
01-27-2007, 01:18 PM
It's not so bad, the stitches can be annoying. Should only take a week.

Endymion
01-27-2007, 01:25 PM
when i was 17 they said i needed them out or i'd be in extreme pain within ~6 months. i never had them out, and now they're all grown in and working fine.

JoY
01-27-2007, 01:26 PM
I have one wisdom tooth trying to get out. I dunno, I'm not feeling any pain, or whatever, so I don't think I should see a dentist just because I have a wisdom tooth. sounds pretty natural to me.

so I never have had to get mine out, because I'm apparently not so wise.

Tijs
01-27-2007, 01:28 PM
I had them taken out a while ago. Didn't hurt at all, but it kept on bleeding for over 13 hours. That kind of sucked, I think I still have some bloody pictures on my computer somewhere, but I won't post them.

edit: They didn't take out my wisdom tooth, but two molars (that's what they call it right, molars?) to create room for the wisdom tooth. Same reason as Endy, except I listened to them. I'd be in extreme pain if they didn't.

Duskygrin
01-27-2007, 01:29 PM
the SHAME when you gotta go to class on the morrow with cheeks like puffy bags of pus. Bweeeeeehhhhh never was more disgusted in my life.

Otherwise, I got local anaesthesy & got all mine out. Had a bruise on the cheeks afterwards, & they were swollen. It faded after a week or so from what I recall.

Grabbal
01-27-2007, 01:53 PM
Haven't gotten mine out yet, but all this pain talk about it makes me kinda "not looking forward to it so much"..

Ah well

bd007h
01-27-2007, 02:10 PM
I don't have "Wisdom" teeth! I have "Dumbass" teeth!!!!

YEEEEEEAAAAA!!!!!!

+1 to your lame post count

wheelchairman
01-27-2007, 02:37 PM
Never got my taken out. I too lack the wisdom. :(

Paint_It_Black
01-27-2007, 04:33 PM
I had one removed because it had a huge cavity in it. The dentist fucked up and left me sitting for an hour after injecting me, so of course the anesthetic had wore off quite a bit. When he started ripping my tooth out the pain was fucking horrible, and he quickly got the hint and gave me several more injections. At the end, a piece of my tooth broke off and shot down my throat, choking me momentarily. I think I then swallowed it. They shoved gauze in my mouth, which was bleeding quite a lot, and essentially kicked me out the door. I wasn't exactly pleased with the experience. I'd imagine it's not bad with a competent dentist.

It didn't really hurt much once I got home. Just felt weird.

The swelling took a day or two to pretty much go away.

Original prankstA
01-27-2007, 04:39 PM
the dentist people say I'll get them within the next couple of years =[
oh well

wheelchairman
01-27-2007, 04:50 PM
I had one removed because it had a huge cavity in it. The dentist fucked up and left me sitting for an hour after injecting me, so of course the anesthetic had wore off quite a bit. When he started ripping my tooth out the pain was fucking horrible, and he quickly got the hint and gave me several more injections. At the end, a piece of my tooth broke off and shot down my throat, choking me momentarily. I think I then swallowed it. They shoved gauze in my mouth, which was bleeding quite a lot, and essentially kicked me out the door. I wasn't exactly pleased with the experience. I'd imagine it's not bad with a competent dentist.

Was this in England?

Jakebert
01-27-2007, 04:56 PM

It didn't really hurt much once I got home. Just felt weird.

Holy hell, that sounds pretty bad. My experience was pretty much the average.

You're lucky you only got one out though. The reason my mouth hurts as bad as it does is because I got all 4 out at the same time.

bd007h
01-27-2007, 05:01 PM
+1 to you pointlessly judging other people's posts.

: Dick.

ouch, I'm hurt.

opivy21
01-27-2007, 07:24 PM
I got all mine out at the same time also. I took off a friday so that I could sleep after they took them out. My mouth hurt pretty bad the day of the pulling, but the next day they didn't really hurt much.

Venom Symbiote
01-27-2007, 07:26 PM
Oh, fucking whine. Wisdom teeth aren't a big deal, such a minor operation. You're in and out of there within an hour at the most.

Sinister
01-27-2007, 07:34 PM
Gotta have 2 of them pulled soon. Might be annoying.

Paint_It_Black
01-27-2007, 09:27 PM
Oh, fucking whine. Wisdom teeth aren't a big deal, such a minor operation. You're in and out of there within an hour at the most.

Completely irrelevant. I don't believe anyone was complaining about how long the procedure takes. Stop trying to act tough, or whatever the hell you're doing.

You're lucky you only got one out though. The reason my mouth hurts as bad as it does is because I got all 4 out at the same time.

In hindsight, I'd maybe rather have done it your way. I wouldn't have been conscious for that, and wouldn't have to worry about any wisdom teeth anymore. Nah, actually I don't think I could bring myself to have perfectly healthy teeth removed.

Was this in England?

Does anybody get dental work done in England?

No, it was in Kansas. And so, being America, I had to pay for the experience. Bastards.

Venom Symbiote
01-27-2007, 10:59 PM
Completely irrelevant. I don't believe anyone was complaining about how long the procedure takes. Stop trying to act tough, or whatever the hell you're doing.

Oh, fuck off. That's not it at all. He said it hurts afterwards, which, yeah, it's annoying and a little uncomfortable for a couple of days. But...painful? Fuck off, it's not so bad. It's not about "acting tough" (hell, with most of this stuff I'm a self-professed wussyboy). But jeez, mine were compacted into my actual jaw (an apparently unusual scenario whatever I had) and they had to dig them out, more serious than a normal wisdom tooth thing, and it was fine.

People get their fucking guts cut open every day. A little trip to the dentist operation theater isn't a biggie. I fail to see how that's "acting tough". Arsehat.

0r4ng3
01-27-2007, 11:10 PM
I don't think you're "acting tough".

Just being a dick in general, that's all.

Tizzalicious
01-28-2007, 12:26 AM
I still have all of mine, the ones that are there, anyway. My dentist said they started growing very early, but they still aren't all there. Sometimes they start growing a little again, and they hurt like a bitch then, but a day or 2 later it's fine again.

the_GoDdEsS
01-28-2007, 12:28 AM
I have two full grown ones, third one half out last year and waiting for fourth. They're lazy but have not caused me any problems or pain at all, so far.

Dentists only prefer to pull them out when they're in the way of your other teeth, grow crooked or risk infecting other teeth.

It's not the same for everybody, tard.

wheelchairman
01-28-2007, 04:05 AM
Oh, fuck off. That's not it at all. He said it hurts afterwards, which, yeah, it's annoying and a little uncomfortable for a couple of days. But...painful? Fuck off, it's not so bad. It's not about "acting tough" (hell, with most of this stuff I'm a self-professed wussyboy). But jeez, mine were compacted into my actual jaw (an apparently unusual scenario whatever I had) and they had to dig them out, more serious than a normal wisdom tooth thing, and it was fine.

People get their fucking guts cut open every day. A little trip to the dentist operation theater isn't a biggie. I fail to see how that's "acting tough". Arsehat.

Do you want some cheese with your whine?

JoY
01-28-2007, 05:11 AM
Tijs, did you take any asperins to kill the pain?

Do you want some cheese with your whine?

hehehe, I like that.

Venom; it has to do with possible complications from an operation (there are quite a few) & your personal tolerance, which is inherited/genetic & defined by your experiences with pain. some people can take the pain of for instance having their guts cut open much better than the whiney, sharp, annoying, constant pain of having a tooth removed.

that reminds me, you're a lot like that.

ninthlayer
01-28-2007, 05:14 AM
Venom is obviously the most hardcore nigger out there.

JoY
01-28-2007, 05:16 AM
made out of the hardest, toughest piece of stone.

yet he wouldn't dream of daring to go out in Belgrade. oh noes!

ninthlayer
01-28-2007, 05:18 AM
I would like to subscribed to his newsletter. He brings new and thoroughly shocking insights to whatever topic he decides to grace.

Seriously.
Seriously.
Seriously.

Sin Studly
01-28-2007, 05:19 AM
Venom is so hardcore his operation took an hour, even though the Australian health system takes at least five hours, and an average of seven hours to remove four wisdom teeth, wake you up, and send you on your way.

JoY
01-28-2007, 05:21 AM
yeah, but he's like; "no need for anaesthesia! just get them all out while I'm wide awake, cuz I don't feel no pain, yo"

ninthlayer
01-28-2007, 05:22 AM
He obviously operated on himself.

JoY
01-28-2007, 05:22 AM
that would explain why he's always so goddamn bitter.

darea
01-28-2007, 07:27 AM
I had my wisdom teeth taken out all in one go, and with a "anesthesie locale" which means they didnt put me to sleep to get the teeth out, but I listened to music and that was cool. It took about a week to "unswell" lol I'm sure you don't say that but it was only really swollen for a week and then it eventually went down, but it sucks to have to drink soup and that sort of stuff when its all swollen...

Jakebert
01-28-2007, 07:55 AM

The funny thing is that your posts have been a million times more whiny than mine. Just shut up with the "omgzimsocool" garbage that you try to spout in all of your posts. No one is impressed. You look like a 12 year old who's trying to show off to the bigger kids, and that always looks sad.

Also, almost all wisdom teeth that are removed are compacted into your jaw if their removed when the person is a teenager. So, you know, there goes your theory that you're situation was worse. Idiot.

wheelchairman
01-28-2007, 08:37 AM
Wait.... Venom Symbiote is 21!!!

I could've sworn everything I had he was some annoying 15 year old who would grow out of it.

Oh wow, this is the most pathetic news I've had all days. Hat's off to the loser.

offspring dude
01-28-2007, 08:43 AM
wait, are the wisdom teeth the 3rd or the 4th molars? Is it normal to have a fourth molar at 13?

Jakebert
01-28-2007, 08:47 AM
Wait.... Venom Symbiote is 21!!!

I could've sworn everything I had he was some annoying 15 year old who would grow out of it.

Oh wow, this is the most pathetic news I've had all days. Hat's off to the loser.

Holy shit, he is?!

Wow, you're right. I wouldn't have imagined him being any older than like 14.

Sin Studly
01-28-2007, 09:26 AM
What's your first drink gonna be?????

Australians start drinking long before 21, dipshit. In fact, the entire civilised world starts drinking long before 21. Go back to Kuwait.

wheelchairman
01-28-2007, 09:28 AM
You're mising the point Justin. He's 21. This fake-core wanna be tough guy, who has an undying love for the Nintendo Wii (which is of course better than any ever system ever created) and who is too hardcore for wisdom teeth, and feels the need to point it out.

Is 21.

lol.

JoY
01-28-2007, 09:56 AM
oh no, here it's 16 for low percentage alcoholic drinks. prank on u!

Paint_It_Black
01-28-2007, 10:24 AM

Ok, first off...wait, nevermind, everyone in this thread has already pwned you. Sorry dude, you're gonna miss out on me ridiculing you this time.

Sin Studly
01-28-2007, 10:29 AM
You're mising the point Justin.

That point has enough people on it already. I'm ripping on the Kuwaiti who can't drink until he's 21 now.

Izie
01-28-2007, 04:44 PM
This is, I imagine, completely off-topic now, but my wisdom teeth grew when Iw as 14. My dentist told me I was like a crocodile. Luckily, I never had to have them fixed or removed, I happily have all of my 32 teeth in my mouth.

My sister had her wisdom teeth removed in the past few weeks, I was told it hurt, but not too much. Depends on the person/problem/dentist, I suppose.

Bazza
01-28-2007, 04:46 PM
This is, I imagine, completely off-topic now, but my wisdom teeth grew when Iw as 14. My dentist told me I was like a crocodile. Luckily, I never had to have them fixed or removed, I happily have all of my 32 teeth in my mouth.

Same here, apparantly I've got a big enough mouth to fit them all in and they don't cause me any pain, so there's no point ripping them out.

F@ BANKZ
01-29-2007, 08:33 AM
Mine are all gone now, i lost my last what....2 years ago, never needed them taken out.