PDA

View Full Version : I am so dead :(

JoY
01-28-2007, 10:10 AM
I'm in a committee that organises a HUGE party of approximately two weeks. so.. a different party, every day, for about two weeks straight. well, minus four days we'll be out of the country, but that's part of the celebration. among things, I am responsible for a day, that starts early in the afternoon with a lunch, a play in a theater, a drink at the studentclub with the presentation of a book, a massive dinner for 120 whining women & afterwards a dance with a DJ in the background.

so fine, it's a lot of work. I knew that when I said "yes" to the question to organise this. for the lunch at the theater, I wanted a caterer (because obviously I'm not planning to make 400 sandwitches & 400 cups of coffee/tea), I found a caterer, I made a deal with a caterer, but the fucking idiot won't e-mail me, won't return my calls & he's already three days late with his advertisement, that I needed to send to the department where they are making the book, since the deadline was fucking thursday.

so fuck. what about the lunch, what about all the coffee & tea? if I end up having to make 400 fucking sandwitches & 400 fucking cups of coffee/tea, I'm going to kill the man. I am going to rip his head off by his hair &.. &.. DO SOMETHING VIOLENT WITH IT.

sympathy, please? *puppy eyes*

TheUnholyNightbringer
01-28-2007, 10:12 AM
Asshole. Has this guy been paid in advance or what?

*cuddle*

nieh
01-28-2007, 10:15 AM
I am going to rip his head off by his hair &.. &.. DO SOMETHING VIOLENT WITH IT.

sympathy, please? *puppy eyes*

Play a game of rugby with it.

JoY
01-28-2007, 10:16 AM
no. thank god I was waiting for him to meet our agreement first. that's at least one thing I did right; advertisement first, then specifications on what I want everyone to have for lunch & for what price, down payment later.

students.. they're all assholes without any fucking discipline.

*cuddles Dave*

TheUnholyNightbringer
01-28-2007, 10:17 AM
At least you haven't lost any cash then. Looks like you need to haul your friend's asses into gear to help you make a lot of sandwiches.

Endymion
01-28-2007, 10:30 AM
can't you hire someone else to do it last minute?

nieh
01-28-2007, 10:32 AM
That would probably end up costing a lot more.

JoY
01-28-2007, 11:20 AM
That would probably end up costing a lot more.

exactly, plus I'd made a deal with this guy; for less money he'd get space to advertise in the "year"book (except this one only comes out every five years). seeing the deadline of this book was last thursday.. I can't offer anyone else I'd hire from this instant the same advertising space, so yes, that means we need to come up with big bucks we don't have. besides, we had an agreement on a ridiculously low price, which was absolutely fucking perfect & I'm not going to get that anywhere else.

this is all so complicated!:(

about making those sandwitches myself; oh HELL no. I'll figure something out. I don't care, something. *grabs her head in despair*

RickyCrack
01-28-2007, 11:23 AM
Are there subway's (not the subterranean transport system, the submarine sandwhich restaurant) in Amsterdam?

I don't know if it works in Europe but over here there's a lot of cheap restaurants that will do food catering for cheap. I mean, it's not classy like having cocktail wieners served by caterers, but they do make a lot of sandwhiches for cheap.

Duskygrin
01-28-2007, 11:24 AM
I sense a tough titty there. Bella, better start buying some more bread & butter I think.

You should never have trusted the fellow in the first place, especially not as this was a one-off low price. Quick, to the kitchen now, quit the idleness or your whining ladies won't get their sandwiches!

JoY
01-28-2007, 11:29 AM
but.. if I make them now, they'll be all fungusy by the 3rd of march.:(

& nooo, that doesn't give me enough time, because I'm attached to supertight deadlines that are freaking killing me like a rope around the neck being pulled tighter & tighter & tighter & tighter....

JoY
01-28-2007, 11:30 AM
Are there subway's (not the subterranean transport system, the submarine sandwhich restaurant) in Amsterdam?

I don't know if it works in Europe but over here there's a lot of cheap restaurants that will do food catering for cheap. I mean, it's not classy like having cocktail wieners served by caterers, but they do make a lot of sandwhiches for cheap.

not that I know of? even if we have it over here, I don't think that'd be cheap enough. nothing is cheap enough. fuck, I'm going to serve the old ladies crackers. *dys*

Duskygrin
01-28-2007, 11:41 AM
Seems you're screwed, effectively. The only way out is to ask ppl to help you make them if there's no place you can buy them from.

Whiplash
01-28-2007, 11:50 AM
not that I know of? even if we have it over here, I don't think that'd be cheap enough. nothing is cheap enough. fuck, I'm going to serve the old ladies crackers. *dys*

There is a subway in Leiden, so there's probebly one in amsterdam to.

JoY
01-28-2007, 11:55 AM
do they make 400 sandwitches for 450 euros? *hopeful glare*

Whiplash
01-28-2007, 11:56 AM
I highly doubt it.:o

JoY
01-28-2007, 12:02 PM
thank god I wasn't -really- getting my hopes up, or they'd be crushed right now. *le sigh*

wheelchairman
01-28-2007, 12:11 PM
Try subways though. I knew people who got a pretty good deal for like 60 sandwiches. I don't know what they paid though.

Tizzalicious
01-28-2007, 12:14 PM
There is no Subway in Amsterdam. There are just a few of them throughout Holland, and weird enough, the capital city doesn't have one.

JoY
01-28-2007, 12:22 PM
oh god, I AM seriously SO fucking DEAD. the entire committee is going to whoop my ass!

HornyPope
01-28-2007, 12:34 PM
Hire someone else and sue the careter for new ammount? I mean if you already had a deal and all, he can't just bail out of it.

JoY
01-28-2007, 12:36 PM
*I* had a deal, but I wanted to discuss it with the committee first, before signing a contract. so.. no contract, because ever since, he won't pick up the goddamn phone.

HornyPope
01-28-2007, 12:37 PM
Well then you're fucked.

noodlesfan
01-28-2007, 12:56 PM
*I* had a deal, but I wanted to discuss it with the committee first, before signing a contract. so.. no contract, because ever since, he won't pick up the goddamn phone.

I'm not sure how the legal system goes over there, but if you spoke to him, through the computer or the phone or face-to-face, I think that that counts as a verbal contract, as long as he made it clear that he would cater this.

killer_queen
01-28-2007, 01:01 PM
If I was there, with you, I would help you to make 400 sandwiches. or I would help you to cut that guy's balls. Depends on which one you want.

JoY
01-28-2007, 01:42 PM
that's the sweetest offer, like ever.<3333

& both, plz?

nieh
01-28-2007, 01:48 PM
cut off his balls and make them into a sandwich.

JoY
01-28-2007, 01:50 PM
oooo, tempting.

killer_queen
01-28-2007, 01:53 PM
cut off his balls and make them into a sandwich.

and then..make him eat it? Oh man, revenge plans are always fun.

Lizardus
01-28-2007, 04:05 PM
First you feed them to him, then you tell him he ate his balls.
Then you watch the reaction and laugh in an evil manner.

JoY
01-28-2007, 04:10 PM
I should've called off the deal immediately after he said he couldn't be at the meeting I had with him to look things over, because he had a bad case of foodpoisoning.

& then, when I said that was pretty fucking ironic, he didn't GET me.

Izie
01-28-2007, 04:42 PM
He's really... special, isn't he?

The whole thing sucks :( Except for the revenge plans XD

JoY
01-28-2007, 04:50 PM
well, he understood what I meant, after I asked him if it was caused by his own food. still I had to make sure by saying; "a caterer.. with foodpoisoning.." & then he suddenly assured me it was from drinking too much the night before & eating junk the next morning.

anyway, *hate*.

Tizzalicious
01-29-2007, 12:56 AM
I should've called off the deal immediately after he said he couldn't be at the meeting I had with him to look things over, because he had a bad case of foodpoisoning.

& then, when I said that was pretty fucking ironic, he didn't GET me.

Lolz.

I hope you'll manage to find someone else. Maybe you should try some school where people train to be caterers//cooks//whatever. The one in Utrecht has a (cheap, but good!) restaurant, maybe they do stuff like that too?

JoY
01-29-2007, 03:15 AM
great suggestion, but he was from one of those schools.:( or well, is, but he's dead to me now.

Zeall
01-29-2007, 04:11 AM
Maybe you could hold some sort of buffet event, or hire a cheap sandwich making caravan type shop? i dunno

is it confirmed that all 120 people are going?

Tizzalicious
01-29-2007, 04:20 AM
great suggestion, but he was from one of those schools.:( or well, is, but he's dead to me now.

Oh crap :( That's unlucky. Try one of their other students?

RickyCrack
01-29-2007, 10:03 AM
Just buy a butt load of buns/hams/ and cheeses and make people make their own sandwhiches. Kind of like a pot luck.

JoY
01-29-2007, 10:27 AM
no, no, not an option. (thanks for the suggestion, though) in total people pay like.. 100 euros for the entire day, so they should get a little bit of luxury for that. plus, that'd be like; "here, we messed up, so make your own sandwitch:D " -> embaaarrrassment.

maybe the bother of my roommate can help out. he's a great cook. I can't believe I didn't think of it before, I just hope he will help us. *fingers crossed* if not, we seriously will have to make everything ourselves. I've objectively looked at this matter & there's just no other way, I think.

Whiplash
01-29-2007, 11:55 AM
I know a place not to far from my house that sells snacks( like kroketten en kipcorn) to snackbars but they also sell to people really really cheap. You can buy like 10 kg of french fries for like 15 euro or something.
I don't know if they sell sandwitches but its worth the shot.

I'll look up the adress for you.

noodlesfan
01-29-2007, 12:53 PM
I'll help you make some sandwiches and send them in the mail. when does you need them?

Mota Boy
01-29-2007, 01:07 PM
maybe the bother of my roommate can help out. he's a great cook. I can't believe I didn't think of it before, I just hope he will help us.Put on a spunky '80s soundtrack and run a quick montage and y'all will get it done in no time.

JoY
01-29-2007, 02:34 PM
*giggles* well, it's worth a shot.
thanks. for cheering me up a little bit. you & Gulsah, Josh & others. all of you.

he really is a greak cook though. studies for it & everything.

..GOD, I wish my boyfriend was here to sort me out. this whole deal & the exam & everything, that's been going wrong lately.. I just wish he was here. & I'm sorry I'm so emo, but I haven't eaten in two days & I just drank three beers, so.. do the math.

wheelchairman
01-29-2007, 02:40 PM
Wow, Bella you're a fucking mess. Do this:

1. Eat a meal.
2. Drink a glass of milk (if you like milk)
3. And then have a bath.

And do it now, cause God knows you can't structure things yourself. :P

Mota Boy
01-29-2007, 03:04 PM
You should've added "post nudez" in there just to see if she was so out of it that she's actually go through with it.

JoY
01-29-2007, 03:14 PM
Wow, Bella you're a fucking mess. Do this:

1. Eat a meal.
2. Drink a glass of milk (if you like milk)
3. And then have a bath.

And do it now, cause God knows you can't structure things yourself. :P

*smiles* I like you.<3
but still I'm not going to follow your advice. you know why? because I don't have any milk & the evening store's closed (it's called Spelde & it's awesome. the man behind the counter always flirts with me & if I can't pay for things, he says I can stop by any time of the week to pay it off) &.. I don't have a bath..tub.. I already took a shower. a long one. so at least I'm clean, lolz. & I ate crackers with cheese, so I'm good. I hate cooking for myself. a one person meal always makes me feel so.. ronery. ;P

Claibe; you're mean. but you make me laugh. <3

it's horrible how I type down everything I think when I'm tipsy. :/

wheelchairman
01-29-2007, 03:17 PM
You mean you don't do that when you're sober? :p

Cheese crackers really isn't enough after not eating for 2 days... though :p
you must have rice and chicken left. Man I know I left beans there too at the meet up. Sure you've moved and all but whatever.

JoY
01-29-2007, 03:26 PM
I took the beans with me, like they were the remote control of my pacemaker I SWEAR. I have absolutely no idea where I put them, though.

we have a refrigerator, but no.. god, how do you call that.. section with the temperature below 'sero'. fuck it, I'll explain it the Lodat way. either way, so chicken won't stay edible for over a day, so I never buy any chicken for myself in advance, because I can't keep it salmonella-free over here. I do have some rice, though. but rice alone? at 00:25/12:25 AM?? I dunno.

wheelchairman
01-29-2007, 03:34 PM
You don't have any peanuts? curry powder? paprika? salt/pepper? sunflower seeds? tex-mex sauce?

All those things go good in rice. I know this because there were times when it was all I had, and I just threw it in because plain rice and chicken is boring. Even worse without chicken.

and yeah, you have no freeeezer. :p that sucks though....

JoY
01-29-2007, 03:38 PM
oh my god, are you telling me I couldn't think of the word "freezer"?? that is REALLY bad. *hides*

I have carrots, cheese, tomatoes, rice, pasta, biscuits, crackers.. *bites nails* I think that's it, actually.

wheelchairman
01-29-2007, 03:41 PM
Ew...

If you fry the tomatoes they might go well with rice. I imagine fried. tomatoes and cheese go well together too.

But yeah, I'd pass on all that too.

noodlesfan
01-29-2007, 04:30 PM
Put it all in a bowl and coat it with Gringo Bandito. The sauce will make EVERYTHING taste delicious. I thought the 5 Oz. bottle would suffice, but I was WRONG! I need to order another one already.

Just serve Gringo Bandito on Ritz crackers at that shindig, they'll shit their pants in excitement.

JoY
01-29-2007, 06:03 PM
...I don't think so, babes.

Tizzalicious
01-30-2007, 12:21 AM
Ew...

If you fry the tomatoes they might go well with rice. I imagine fried. tomatoes and cheese go well together too.

But yeah, I'd pass on all that too.

That's actually something my mom makes sometimes, fried tomatoes and cheese, it's nice with bread. Well, if you like tomotoes, that is.

Zeall
01-30-2007, 01:29 AM
Put the pasta on to boil, and while that is cooking, grate the cheese. Spread the cheese over the pasta when it is done, when it melts it makes a surprisingly nice tasting meal

Tizzalicious
01-30-2007, 01:41 AM
You're quite the chef, aren't you?

Zeall
01-30-2007, 01:45 AM
me? kinda, i usually have to cook dinner for my family because they are lazy and say i should contribute more (i also hate vacuuming)

it's all about being creative and experimenting with different food types, but i wouldn't say it was anything special

thanks though :)

JoY
01-30-2007, 12:09 PM
*slaps forehead*

oh like mac 'n cheese? why didn't you just say so??

wheelchairman
01-30-2007, 12:46 PM
*slaps forehead*

oh like mac 'n cheese? why didn't you just say so??

Because Mac n cheese has already been invented, and it wasn't by him.

Tizzalicious
01-30-2007, 12:48 PM
It's all about being creative in the kitchen, you know.

JoY
01-30-2007, 01:05 PM
Because Mac n cheese has already been invented, and it wasn't by him.

*gasp* but who did then??

Zeall
01-31-2007, 01:31 AM
i've never heard of Mac 'n cheese before

and of course it has been invented before, it's not hard to put cheese on pasta

Betty
01-31-2007, 02:45 AM
I can always count on an absolutely ridiculous exchange somewhere on the BBS to entertain me at 3AM while studying.

JoY
01-31-2007, 03:40 PM
i've never heard of Mac 'n cheese before

and of course it has been invented before, it's not hard to put cheese on pasta

we weren't exactly insinuating that it isn't.

Michelle, hehe, I knows!

also, the caterer called me today. he said being too late with his advertisement for the deadline is his loss & he'll still take the job, as he promised.
holy shit, so this problem appears not to be half the size I'd made it into in my head. I just figured, when he never picked up his phone, never called me back & never replied to my messages.. he wanted out of the deal. not a strange thought, right?

Tizzalicious
01-31-2007, 07:05 PM
Did he tell you why he never replied? That's great news though! Better get that contract soon!

Izie
01-31-2007, 07:32 PM
Just make sure he actually does go through with it now!

He could have at least called before though, people suck that way :/

Lizardus
01-31-2007, 07:48 PM
we weren't exactly insinuating that it isn't.

Michelle, hehe, I knows!

also, the caterer called me today.

She's aliveeee!