PDA

View Full Version : Lodat's thought of the week ...

Lodat225
01-28-2007, 07:49 PM
As i was watching a red ant on my floor, i was thinking ... can animals be mentally retarded? Can they? I mean, this ant was just there. I pounded the floor right next to it, and it just stayed there. Other ants would flee ... but not this one. This one just stood there. I let it crawl up my hand, and it bit me. It hurt like a bitch. But yeah, can they?

Also, when animals die ... where do they go?

Sin Studly
01-28-2007, 07:51 PM
Yes they can, and in the west they're generally cremated.

wheelchairman
01-28-2007, 08:05 PM
I wonder where he got this from...

Lodat225
01-28-2007, 08:06 PM
From my head.

Wooooooooooooooooooo.

Professor Chaos
01-28-2007, 08:12 PM
I let it crawl up my hand, and it bit me. It hurt like a bitch.

Sounds like you just got outsmarted by a retarded ant.

Sinister
01-28-2007, 08:12 PM
This thread's title is hilariously exact.

(unneeded explanation : implying Lodat only has one thought every week).

Original prankstA
01-28-2007, 08:15 PM
all ant's are pretty retarded if you think about it...
maybe I should have a thought thread

Lodat225
01-28-2007, 08:17 PM

Yes. I did.

Original prankstA
01-28-2007, 08:18 PM
Yes. I did.

was is the correct word my friend.

Jebus
01-28-2007, 08:22 PM
Last summer, my house was invaded by a bunch of ants. In this one particular wall, I killed a whole bunch of them with raid, but I forgot to wipe them off the wall after I was done. A few hours later, a few ants came back to the same wall and started picking up all the dead ants stuck the wall taking them to who knows where. I've never seen this done before. This left me wondering if they actually care for the dead or if they were just cleaning up.

Sin Studly
01-28-2007, 08:23 PM
Ask Jonothan Swift.

0r4ng3
01-28-2007, 08:24 PM
I heard somewhere that ants are the only species besides humans that wage wars and take prisoners.

Ants are very underrated, in my opinion. Bees, on the other hand, can go fuck themselves.

Lodat225
01-28-2007, 08:26 PM
Last summer, my house was invaded by a bunch of ants. In this one particular wall, I killed a whole bunch of them with raid, but I forgot to wipe them off the wall after I was done. A few hours later, a few ants came back to the same wall and started picking up all the dead ants stuck the wall taking them to who knows where. I've never seen this done before. This left me wondering if they actually care for the dead or if they were just cleaning up.

Yeah! That's exactly what's going on here. They're everywhere. But it's red ants, and they sting.

adombomb222
01-28-2007, 08:40 PM
all ant's are pretty retarded

I strongly disagree, ants are amazing, think about it: They build huge complex tunnels with no blue print or much order at all. However each ant knows how much dirt to take out and where to take it out of. If any "animal" is retarded it would be humans. We need to be taught to do everything, almost nothing comes natural to us, and we claim ourselves intelligent when we need to be taught to eat, crawl, walk, write, build and survive. When most animals are up and walking around only a few days after their born, the have natural instincts to find food and shelter and defend them selves.

WebDudette
01-28-2007, 08:45 PM
But do most animals have the power to kill all other animals? Have animals built vehicles to get them around the world in hours? Ect.

RickyCrack
01-28-2007, 08:46 PM
In a fight who would win; A shark or a bear?

adombomb222
01-28-2007, 08:48 PM
But do most animals have the power to kill all other animals? Have animals built vehicles to get them around the world in hours? Ect.

No, but the world is much bigger to them. And besides most animals choose only to survive. Humans on the other hand do have intelligence, and therefore are able to advance. It's just we have had to been taught to do that, we need to be taught to use our intelligence. But other animals its just automatic, primal.

WebDudette
01-28-2007, 08:52 PM
A shark would own a bear.

adombomb222
01-28-2007, 08:53 PM
A polar bear or brown/black bear?

Jebus
01-28-2007, 09:01 PM
Ursaring > Sharpedo

JohnnyNemesis
01-28-2007, 09:02 PM
I heard somewhere that ants are the only species besides humans that wage wars and take prisoners.

Ants are very underrated, in my opinion. Bees, on the other hand, can go fuck themselves.

But...march on, worker bees!

This observation deserves recognition and props/win points.

nieh
01-28-2007, 09:12 PM
A shark would own a bear.

That depends on where they're fighting. Are they in the open ocean? On dry land? In shallow water? The bear would win two out of those three. Sharks aren't built to kill things like that, their mouths are in such an odd position that they can't really get a grip on things that big. That's why you almost never hear about people dying during shark attacks and bears are bigger than people.

WebDudette
01-28-2007, 09:18 PM
I assumed in a rather deep area of water. Of course they wouldn't win on land. If I had to bet I would put my money on a shark, bu it would be a good fight...

RickyCrack
01-28-2007, 09:19 PM
This also depends on your guidelines for winning. A shark dosn't keep attacking, usually they just run up grab a use bite and swim off and repeat. If the shark swims up to the bank and takes a bite out of a bear and swims off, does the shark win? Or is it a draw because neither of them died?

Lodat225
01-28-2007, 09:20 PM
In a fight who would win; A shark or a bear?

A shark, obviously.

RickyCrack
01-28-2007, 09:21 PM
Also the species of bear and shark should be decided as well. If we're talking about a nurse shark of course the bear is going to win, however, I'm visualizing a great white and a grizzly bear.

WebDudette
01-28-2007, 09:39 PM
That's about what I everyone envisioned I believe. I think if a shark makes of with a bears arm the shark wins. But, if for some reason they intened on killing each other who do you think would win?

Endymion
01-28-2007, 09:41 PM
a) ants are fucking awesome. as well as bees, termites, and other colony insects. emergent behavior ftw!

b) the shark v bear subject has been tackled in this (http://www.amazon.com/Bear-V-Shark-Christopher-Bachelder/dp/0747561516/sr=8-1/qid=1170045591/ref=sr_1_1/102-3912845-8188941?ie=UTF8&s=books) book.

WebDudette
01-28-2007, 09:42 PM
They had a show on Discovery a while back that did that same thing. I don't remember the out come though.

calichix
01-28-2007, 10:22 PM
quit being a copycat, dude.

ninthlayer
01-29-2007, 12:05 AM
Ursaring > Sharpedo
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/90/Sharpedo3.png > http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/68/Teddiursa2.png > http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/61/Ursaring.png

RickyCrack
01-29-2007, 12:13 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/90/Sharpedo3.png > http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/68/Teddiursa2.png > http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/6/61/Ursaring.png

omg i love you sean. I also want to read this book that endy has mentioned.

the_GoDdEsS
01-29-2007, 12:16 AM

It's pretty funny how a small red ant can bite, kill or carry a bigger one into their hole. But I'm not sure if as captive or dead... Little fighters.

Llamas
01-29-2007, 01:01 AM
For the size and structure of their brains, ants are fucking brilliant. They're definitely the smartest of Phylum Insecta. Mentally retarded? Not in the same way humans can be, but yes. Of course some part of a brain, no matter how small it is, can be deformed or something. However, an ant with a defect like that would never make it out of the nest after birth. The ant in question was probably suffering from some sort of internal injury from a previous situation.

Whiplash
01-29-2007, 07:15 AM
They had a show on Discovery a while back that did that same thing. I don't remember the out come though.

I think that show was called animal wars or something, but they didn't put the shark against the bear. They put the bear up against a siberian tiger and the great white shark against a salt water crocodile.

Both the shark and the bear (wich was a grizzly by the way) won in that fight, The shark by taking big chunks out of the croc's belly and waiting for it to bleed to death and the bear by snapping to tiger's back with on huge blow.

Jakebert
01-29-2007, 08:11 AM
A bear would totally kick the shark's ass. Bears are godless killing machines.

That_Guy91
01-29-2007, 08:33 AM
http://www.hrwiki.org/images/1/18/bearholdingshark.png

Bear wins.

Lizardus
01-29-2007, 10:17 AM
Pff!
Colbert wins.

RickyCrack
01-29-2007, 10:59 AM
Bears are stupid. I totally watched Jaws and that shark ate a fucking boat! Can a bear destroy and eat a big boat? I think not.

http://the-jaws.freeonlinegames.com/images/5282.jpg

vs.

http://www.grizzlybearhunts.com/images/grizzly.jpg

Shark totally wins.

darea
01-29-2007, 11:12 AM

are these from the Jap Manga "Rave"?

Sinister
01-29-2007, 11:12 AM
they're pokemon, noob.

Iamstupid
01-29-2007, 11:26 AM
I strongly disagree, ants are amazing, think about it: They build huge complex tunnels with no blue print or much order at all. However each ant knows how much dirt to take out and where to take it out of. If any "animal" is retarded it would be humans. We need to be taught to do everything, almost nothing comes natural to us, and we claim ourselves intelligent when we need to be taught to eat, crawl, walk, write, build and survive. When most animals are up and walking around only a few days after their born, the have natural instincts to find food and shelter and defend them selves.

The ants are clever, right, but when you think that in a anthill, 1/3 of the population works hardly, 1/3 of the population tries to work, dig tunnels but they just ruin the work of the first third party and that 1/3 of the popultion does nothing at all...It done that only 1/3 is worth.
Plus, ants get an education, when they are young, by wet-nurses.
Ants are interesting, if I could advise you to read a book about them, a science fiction book, I advise you the trilogy of "the ants" by Bernard Werber, it's in french, but I think that it's translate in other languages. The orignial title is "les fourmis".

Endymion
01-29-2007, 01:06 PM
are these from the Jap Manga "Rave"?

POKEMON, FOOL!

0r4ng3
01-29-2007, 01:26 PM
lolz @ anime that isn't Pokemon.

Lodat225
01-29-2007, 01:44 PM
Ants are brilliant. They carry the dead ants sometimes. I have to track them down as to where they go, though.

Whiplash
01-29-2007, 01:47 PM
This is turning into an obsession for you isn't it? You got outsmarted by a retarded ant just imagin what an army of smart ants can do, They will eat you up.( at least i hope so)

Lodat225
01-29-2007, 02:30 PM
I love how noobs that know nothing of me automatically say that i should die and stuff. Wow, shut up Whiplash.

Also, no. It's not becoming an obsession. It was my thought of the week . Calm down.

Whiplash
01-29-2007, 02:32 PM
Dude, I'm just gonne stop right here. If i keep reacting to your posts you'll never shut up.

Grabbal
01-29-2007, 02:36 PM
Dude, I'm just gonne stop right here. If i keep reacting to your posts you'll never shut up.

Same thing happened when I and that guy responded to Zagmeno's post..
It was a bloodbath!!

Original prankstA
01-29-2007, 03:01 PM
Same thing happened when I and that guy responded to Zagmeno's post..
It was a bloodbath!!

don't plan on getting replied to

adombomb222
01-29-2007, 04:29 PM
I love how noobs that know nothing of me automatically say that i should die and stuff. Wow, shut up Whiplash.

Also, no. It's not becoming an obsession. It was my thought of the week . Calm down.

Lodat, you're the retarded one here... your a newer member then he is, just because he has less post then you doesn't mean he is a younger member. (He joined 3 months before you did.) And besides, you take life a bit too serious; you've got to not let stupid little things get to you.

JoY
01-29-2007, 04:35 PM
Lodat, you're the retarded one here... you're a newer member than he is, just because he has less post than you doesn't mean he is a younger member. (He joined 3 months before you did.) And besides, you take life a bit too serious; you've got to not let stupid little things get to you.

tiny spellcheck there!

& you're an okay kid, so don't think I meant to insult you.

adombomb222
01-29-2007, 04:37 PM
Oh thank you... I didn't even notice.

Apathy
01-29-2007, 04:42 PM
and while lodat is annoying and I encourage your bashing of him, he isn't new. He's had many different accounts over the years. First joined sometime in 05 I think.

adombomb222
01-29-2007, 04:44 PM
Oh well, doesn’t change anything... he's still a little whinny bitch who needs to get over himself.

JoY
01-29-2007, 05:01 PM
Oh thank you... I didn't even notice.

your mothertongue is English, right? yes well, that's probably why I do notice; because it isn't my mothertongue. no, actually.. I correct people in Dutch too. I guess I'm just annoying like that.

it's the mentality that defines a noob, I think. you just have to find & know your way around these boards.

Lodat225
01-29-2007, 05:10 PM
Lodat, you're the retarded one here... your a newer member then he is, just because he has less post then you doesn't mean he is a younger member. (He joined 3 months before you did.) And besides, you take life a bit too serious; you've got to not let stupid little things get to you.

A. I never called anyone retarded, so why are you saying "you're the retarded one here"?
B. I'm not new.
C. Oh, look at his join date.
D. Life a bit too serious? WHA? How am i doing that, kind sir?
E. I don't. I'm just stubborn and an idiot who likes to argue when he can't possibly win.

adombomb222
01-29-2007, 05:31 PM
A. Simply because you are.
B. Then stop acting like it.
C. Join Date: 08-13-2006 vs. Join Date: 11-06-2006 (Yourself) I don't see your point.
D.

Also, no. It's not becoming an obsession. It was my thought of the week . Calm down. And let not go in to quoting you on other occasions in which you've over reacted.
E. And thus brings us back to "A," you're a retarded crybaby; get over yourself, for the sake of your own good.

Lodat225
01-29-2007, 05:34 PM
A. Simply because you are.
B. Then stop acting like it.
C. Join Date: 08-13-2006 vs. Join Date: 11-06-2006 (Yourself) I don't see your point.
D. And let not go in to quoting you on other occasions in which you've over reacted.
E. And thus brings us back to "A," you're a retarded crybaby; get over yourself, for the sake of your own good.

Ahahaha.

A. Fine.
B. Stop acting new?
C. I joined in 2005, moron.
D. I'm not getting angry there. I'm perfectly chilled.
E. Crybaby? Uh, ok.

Stop trying.

WebDudette
01-29-2007, 05:34 PM
How does one act new?
Adom your just making yourself look stupid, Lodat always has and always will do this stuff. Ignore him and move on.

adombomb222
01-29-2007, 05:40 PM
How does one act new?
Adom your just making yourself look stupid, Lodat always has and always will do this stuff. Ignore him and move on.

In a sec.

I'll stop when you stop.

Lodat225
01-29-2007, 05:42 PM
In a sec.

I'll stop when you stop.

C. Yeah, i know. But im not new.
D. No. What i meant are new people, hence; noob, that haven't seen how annoying i was in the past that made everybody hate me.

I'll stop now.

SkunkIt
01-29-2007, 05:57 PM
As i was watching a red ant on my floor, i was thinking ... can animals be mentally retarded? Can they? I mean, this ant was just there. I pounded the floor right next to it, and it just stayed there. Other ants would flee ... but not this one. This one just stood there. I let it crawl up my hand, and it bit me. It hurt like a bitch. But yeah, can they?

Also, when animals die ... where do they go?

Let me answer this, my way.

Of coarse animals can be mentally retarted, there are dog i've seen there are, or seemed like they were. Besides, ants can build hteir own colonies, march in orderly lines and have armies and just like humans, they can be mentally retarted. The any could have also been tired, lazy, unaware, weak or in some sort of physical pain. Although it's not hard to kill an ant at all, if you squish any bug fast enough, it can stay in the same spot and just die. I do that alot and i'm sure many people do, too. I stopped letting ants crawl on me, when I was about 8 and stuck my hand on an ant-infested tree, after one crawled in my ear. Luckily, my ear itched and I was able to kill it in time.

When animals die, they decompose and get eaten by detritivores, just like humans. That's all I believe, since I am agnostic.

Lodat225
01-29-2007, 05:59 PM
Yeah, but do they go to limbo, heaven, or hell?

SkunkIt
01-29-2007, 06:03 PM
Well, it depends what religion you ask and even then if you ask two different branches of that religion, you will not get the same answer. Some will say that only humans go to heaven, ride of winged horses and serve as god's servants. Others will say God made all creatures and that all animals can go to heaven, Some say some animals are filthy and some are sacred, so it depends which animal, etc. but those are only three of the tons replies you will get from different religions or religious branches. In my case, I believe in neither heaven, hell, god or souls, so I believe that when everything dies, we just rot and get eaten by detritivores.

wheelchairman
01-29-2007, 06:04 PM
Ah the difference between all other thoughts of the night and this one is rather clear. This is the retarded ramblings of an idiot teenager. The others are focused questions made to generate conversation (or just the slightly boring anecdote of something or other.) But this is just so stupid. It's like a stoner pretending to be deep.

SkunkIt
01-29-2007, 06:08 PM
I don't ever expect to see Lodat go deeper than this on this board and I thought he was just asking cause he was curious. I wouldn't consider it a thought though, it's just a couple of questions.

Lodat225
01-29-2007, 06:10 PM
It isn't a thought. I'm just asking.

And yep, this is probably the deepest i'll ever go.

adombomb222
01-29-2007, 06:14 PM
Yeah, but do they go to limbo, heaven, or hell?

In Dante's Hell, Limbo is part of Hell; a river separates Limbo from the Gates of Hell. And you forgot purgatory.