PDA

View Full Version : pants, anyone?

Nina
02-02-2007, 06:12 AM
I have a clothing item that I gently call "house-pants"; they are comfortable pants that you'd usually wear to go to the gym, but I wear them at home, everyday (I have three pairs altogether, mind you).

What I have noticed is that many people dont have that. When I figured that they actually walk around their house in their tight uncomfortable jeans everyday, I was like "wwaahh???", and my world, like, collapsed a little.

So, although my question may be weird and insignificant, I still definitely want to know if you wear comfortable pants at home or not. And if you dont...why the hell not you weird, weird person?

mrconeman
02-02-2007, 06:16 AM
What a wonderful topic.
And yes, I actually have some old track-suit bottoms (the word pants is silly, I won't use it) that don't really fit properly anymore, and I wouldn't want another human sole to ever see me wearing them, but yeah, I wear them around the house when I'm not going to do anything all day.

nieh
02-02-2007, 06:24 AM
Why do you buy tight uncomfortable jeans you weird, weird person? I don't wear 'house pants' because my regular pants are comfortable enough to wear all day.

Nina
02-02-2007, 06:26 AM
I guess I worded it wrongly. Jeans arent necessarily tight and uncomfortable, but housepants are a hell of a lot more comfortable, which I doubt you can deny ;P

Whiplash
02-02-2007, 06:29 AM
I always wear training (track) pants when i get out of the shower and on sunday. They really are the most comfy pants.

Judge B
02-02-2007, 06:48 AM
Track suit pants are great. I wear them at home mostly.

nieh
02-02-2007, 07:02 AM
The closest thing I have to house pants is a pair of pajama bottoms that I almost never wear. I wouldn't buy myself jeans if I didn't think they were comfortable enough to wear all day. It seems strange to me to change your clothes after coming home from work (unless you have to get dressed up for work of course, those kinds of clothes are uncomfortable by default). It just seems like it would mean extra laundry to do.

Amiralanal
02-02-2007, 07:05 AM
i have two pairs of jeans and thats it.

PsychoticAndInsomniac
02-02-2007, 07:18 AM
I have a clothing item that I gently call "house-pants"; they are comfortable pants that you'd usually wear to go to the gym, but I wear them at home, everyday (I have three pairs altogether, mind you).

What I have noticed is that many people dont have that. When I figured that they actually walk around their house in their tight uncomfortable jeans everyday, I was like "wwaahh???", and my world, like, collapsed a little.

Agreed. I also know many people who wear "uncomfortable" clothes at home, but I personally always put on my "house-pants", as you called them. I mean, you're at home alone or with your family, why not be more comfortable and even wear your PJ's?

Zeall
02-02-2007, 07:24 AM
I wouldn't buy myself jeans if I didn't think they were comfortable enough to wear all day.

This (weekends)

(unless you have to get dressed up for work of course, those kinds of clothes are uncomfortable by default).

You get used to the shirt,black pants, shoes combo when you wear them all day, sometimes i even feel uncomfortable when i'm not in them, because i wear them that often :s

Tizzalicious
02-02-2007, 07:52 AM
I don't have any myself, but I wanna buy some soooon, I change into my PJs a lot lately, but that's ultimate slobness, plus I can't go take out the trash or anything then, so I planned on buying some comfy pants to wear, I didn't get around to it though, because I haven't been shopping. (Actually, today I did, but I forgot :()

Tom
02-02-2007, 08:08 AM
I have pants for going out.. and my "pants" for staying in are a worn out pair of boxers. :D

Mota Boy
02-02-2007, 08:12 AM
A lot of the time, I just go pantsless at home. My apartment is heated by three space heaters over which I have no control, so a lot of times I'll walk in and it'll be stifling. In situations like that, pants are a hindrance.

Grabbal
02-02-2007, 08:14 AM
I wouldn't actually know cause I live at home and I would seem like a crazy person walking around in my boxers.. But I'm pretty sure I would go around in my boxers when I move out in a year or two...

wheelchairman
02-02-2007, 09:18 AM
If my pants are uncomfortable I just unbottom them. Or I lay around in my bathrobe.

I'm a slob.

Zeall
02-02-2007, 09:24 AM
I'm a slob.

a REALLY comfortable one, though

All About Eve
02-02-2007, 09:30 AM
Most of my pants are comfy anyways, but often times I wear sweatpants or polar fleece pants around the house. Occaisionally I'll wear pajamas, which are basically flanel pants.

killer_queen
02-02-2007, 11:24 AM
Well, I've always felt comfortable with tight jeans (in winter of couse, in summer I like to have fresh air between my legs. so yes, skirts ftw.). But I've became very sensitive on my periods last year so I started to wear very comfortable soft pants at home when I'm on my period. Then it became a habit and I started to wear them everyday. Then I got so used to it I started to wear them outside. Woo!

I've got a question, by the way. Do you guys wear shoes at home? I don't know if it's a cultural thing or not but we, Turks, never come in without taking or shoes off. What about you?

Jebus
02-02-2007, 11:32 AM
I wear my old high school PE shorts to sleep and I keep on using them all day after waking up if I know I'm not going anywhere that day. I usually don't change my pants once I have my jeans on though since they're comfortable enough.

Tizzalicious
02-02-2007, 12:08 PM
I've got a question, by the way. Do you guys wear shoes at home? I don't know if it's a cultural thing or not but we, Turks, never come in without taking or shoes off. What about you?

In Holland it's different for every family I think. We just wear our shoes at home, but I know a lot of people don't.

I don't know about Denmark, or the US, but at Per's they always took them of, and we do at our apartment now too, I don't know why :P But we have nice and comfy slippers!

killer_queen
02-02-2007, 12:18 PM
I don't know about Europe but in Turkey the streets are dirty places full with spits and smoked cigarettes. There's no difference between walking into house with shoes and letting strangers spit in the house.

yes Richard, I said house. Twice. Leave me alone.

the_GoDdEsS
02-02-2007, 02:37 PM
Does it have an exact name or a short slang name or is it just 'house pants'? And I used to wear them as a small kid.

Duskygrin
02-02-2007, 02:43 PM
I just wear a nightdress & dressing-gown for pottering about on w-e. In the evenings, after coming from work, I don't change gear. Why would I? I usually wear dresses & stockings & that's comfy enough to sit on a chair or look out the window. Oh & if I have to go out on w-e for taking the garbage out or buying some milk or running any kind of errand, I just dress more informally, in sweater & jeans. Which I then keep on on coming home.

XYlophonetreeZ
02-02-2007, 03:29 PM
Nope. Not me.

JohnnyNemesis
02-02-2007, 03:32 PM
Pants? Hu Needs Them (http://www.offspring.com/forums/member.php?u=9100)

Duskygrin
02-02-2007, 04:06 PM
"I make bugers @ Mc Donald's"

lolololol

ninthlayer
02-02-2007, 04:30 PM
I have two pairs of house pants. One pair is a beige plaid type and the other is green with white stick penguins.

If I'm not wearing those I tend to walk around the house in my undies or in a towel.

SkunkIt
02-02-2007, 07:11 PM
I occasionally wear dress pants because they're comfortable, but now I try to avoid wearing unmatching dress pants with t-shirts and flip flops. All the jeans I wear are comfortable, or I can't wear them, so I usally am just at home with those. Every brand I own is Levi's, with the exception to a few "emergency" pants I rarely wear, because they are uncomfortable. Levi's stay soft, fit comfy and don't fall off.

I know I sound like a commercial, but they are awesome pants.

Little_Miss_1565
02-02-2007, 09:04 PM
as soon as I get into my room, the pants come off. As does everything else. They don't go back on again. I'll put on a pair of boxers and a shirt to go to the kitchen so I don't freak out my roommates. But yeah. NAKED!

Italia311
02-02-2007, 09:13 PM
I dont really have house pants...what I do know though...is that these pants come off...after eatin a nice meal...then I proceed to pass out...and wake up once the bloating is done with...

Some people I know have "fat pants" for this same reason...I do not.

platinumpt
02-02-2007, 10:53 PM
I wear my pajamas most of the time. Yeah, I can say they're confy.

Nina
02-03-2007, 05:49 AM
I have two pairs of house pants. One pair is a beige plaid type and the other is green with white stick penguins.

If I'm not wearing those I tend to walk around the house in my undies or in a towel.

You're a hot, hot man.

JoY
02-03-2007, 01:30 PM
Why do you buy tight uncomfortable jeans you weird, weird person? I don't wear 'house pants' because my regular pants are comfortable enough to wear all day.

that, & I do have comfi pants for when I'm in my slob-mood. when I don't feel like getting properly dressed & stuff, I just wear some comfi pants that take a second to put on.

Betty
02-03-2007, 04:31 PM
I always thought *I* was the weird one because I always just wore my jeans/whatever at home... because... like Josh said... I only wear comfortable pants anyway. I guess it's too much effort to actually change... and this way you can leave the house at a drop of a hat if you have to. I have one pair of flannel-style pants and sometimes'll wear those on the weekend when I didn't leave my house in the first place. I'll admit they're more comfortable, I just don't bother.

I often wear my shoes at home too, if they're clean. If not, then definitely slippers. I hate going to somebody's place with icky/wet floors and having to take off my shoes but not having slippers.

HornyPope
02-03-2007, 05:19 PM
I often wear my shoes at home too, if they're clean. If not, then definitely slippers. I hate going to somebody's place with icky/wet floors and having to take off my shoes but not having slippers.

Haha!

I normally don't wear pants at home. Not convinced? Ask Per. He of all people should know, oh he should know.

wheelchairman
02-03-2007, 05:22 PM
That was that episode at Vlad's place where I learned the value of knocking and then waiting for a responce. :(

HornyPope
02-03-2007, 05:29 PM
Lol you left out the best part ;)

wheelchairman
02-03-2007, 05:43 PM
Well if Maria had seen it, she would not be able to deny your beauty, and you most certainly had a facial expression.

p.s. I must draw you.

Jakebert
02-03-2007, 06:44 PM
Usually, I just wear boxers. If my parents or siblings have visiters over, I'll put on a pair of athletic shorts, but generally I don't wear pants, even if it's freezing out.

JohnnyNemesis
02-03-2007, 07:01 PM
Pants aren't meant for the indoors. Boxers/shorts all the way.

But I must admit, I am partial to my plaid jammie-jams.

Tizzalicious
02-04-2007, 01:13 AM
I dont really have house pants...what I do know though...is that these pants come off...after eatin a nice meal...then I proceed to pass out...and wake up once the bloating is done with...

Some people I know have "fat pants" for this same reason...I do not.

Ha, I know that feeling. I can wear my normal clothes without a problem all day, but once I had dinner they neeeeed to come off because my belly gets 6 times as big.

Sunny
02-04-2007, 04:26 PM
i don't get people who are like "my day pants are comfortable so i don't change". no one can tell me jeans or work pants are as comfortable as yoga/gym/pj pants. srsly.

i love my "housepants", although i wear them outside too =p (except for my blue ones with kitties and pawprints.. but we don't talk about that). i have 5 pairs of those foldover cropped pants, and i'd be so sad without them.

going nakeys/panties only is good too, but only in the summer. i get cold as fuck.

Betty
02-04-2007, 09:39 PM
I'm gonna have to say that I generally feel way lazier if I'm wearing comfy pants or PJs. When I sit around after I wake up on a weekend, I don't really feel like I've officially begun the day until I shower and put on some real clothes. Even if I'm not for sure planning on going out... I think it's partially a mental thing. If I'm in for the evening and going to watch a movie, sure, I might go for the PJs.