PDA

View Full Version : To Noodles......

Lambrusco Kid
12-27-2004, 05:32 PM
Hey Noodles.......

I'm writting this message to you 'cause you seem to be the member of the Offspring who cares about fans the most. I mean, as far as I have seen you're the only one posting stuff and talking to your fans. And I know this doesn't belong here but I've been told that politics is the only thread you read so I posted it here. I've already sent a letter similar to this but I haven't received a reply which is not surprising of course since you have milions of fans but I'm writting this anyway. Maybe I'll be better luck this time :-). I just wanted to tell you how your cancelling the croatian concert made me (and probably a lot of other people who came to your concert) feel....
You're the first band I ever started to listen to and you were my favorite band for about 3 years. Ever since I started listening to you people were always bothering me because of that and talked shit about you. They were talking stuff like you're all milioners and that you don't care about your fans, that your albums since americana are commercial... I agreed that your newer albums were commercial but I didn't care about that then. I loved you anyway. But I totally didn't agree that you don't care about your fans untill almost one year ago after you cancelled concert in Croatia. I know, they didn't let your trucks with equipment go across the border because of bad weather. But you could have performed the day after beacause it was your day off. You could even perform with borrowed equipment. I know that songs wouldn't sound the same but who would care about that anyway?!? We just wanted to SEE YOU... I wouldn't care if you played for only half and hour... I wouldn't even care if you played the same song all the time... Croatia is a pretty poor country and not all people can afford to buy concert tickets so that's probably a reason why you didn't sell so many tickets. There weren't a lot of us but that doesn't mean we don't love you! I just wanted to see YOU goddammit!!!!!! And if it's possible, I want to know why that happened? I had a huge fight with my so called friends beacuse they were talking shit about you. I told them stuff like: "You can all fuck off, I'm going to Offspring concert and you can drop dead. I cared about you more than about them...... And when I came back home from Zagreb (city where you were supposed to play in), I felt like a total loser and I was depressed for some time....
You're not my favorite band anymore, Toy Dolls took your place. I went to their concert and it was the best day of my life and their singer even replied to me twice when I asked him something on their forum. They really do care about their fans... I still listen to some of your songs from time to time (Smash and I'll be waiting - beautiful songs, your best written songs ever in my opinion) and I still like you because you changed my life :-).

I know you probably don't have time to read all your fan mail and you probably won't read this one but at least I tried... :-)

Cheerio!

Your huge ex-fan

Lambrusco Kid

PS: Sorry about my english, it's not my first language.

noodler
12-27-2004, 06:05 PM
sigh. what age are you?

If guilt doesn't work then try a real hobby.

Zee
12-27-2004, 06:14 PM
Besides, totally wrong section. That's just irritating and stupid to post stuff here that doesn't belong here at all just because Noodles might check here.

Maria
12-27-2004, 06:19 PM
Dude, please don't embarrass us, i know it has been hard when they cancelled the show, but you'll get over it just like i did (actually i don't understand why didn't you already).
This is not a right place to put this thread.
Have a nice life with Toy Dolls! :)

Lambrusco Kid
12-27-2004, 06:37 PM
jesus...... how about leaving me alone really? you didn't have to read it, did you? I don't care what any of you thinks. I wanted to post this here and if noodles reads it ok, if he doesn't it's still ok. And if you call me stupid or childish for being true (ex) offspring fan well i guess you aren't their true fan if you don't understand me. You're probably just trend following poseurs who will listen to avril lavinge in few months... btw, write any shit you want now, I won't reply to you, i really just don't care and I don't wanna waste another 2 minutes of my time for YOU....

Maria
12-27-2004, 06:43 PM
jesus...... how about leaving me alone really? you didn't have to read it, did you? I don't care what any of you thinks. I wanted to post this here and if noodles reads it ok, if he doesn't it's still ok. And if you call me stupid or childish for being true (ex) offspring fan well i guess you aren't their true fan if you don't understand me. You're probably just trend following poseurs who will listen to avril lavinge in few months... btw, write any shit you want now, I won't reply to you, i really just don't care and I don't wanna waste another 2 minutes of my time for YOU....

I didn't called you stupid niether childlish. And don't put words into my mouth.
I am a fan, but i wont let the fact that they cancelled the concert to ruin my life. But the fact is that this is an unappropriate place to put this thread.
I know it is hard, but i don't understand why did you came bitchin' about this 10 months after cancellation...

Zee
12-27-2004, 06:45 PM
I might add that Avril rock, though.http://zee.250free.com/rock.gif

Linda
12-27-2004, 06:49 PM
Most topics in these forums are posted in the wrong forum or are inappropriate.
Leave the kid alone. :mad: You people act like you own the forums.

Zee
12-27-2004, 06:51 PM
Oh yeah, let's switch this forum into a post to band members forum. Good idea, Linda.

Mr. Noodles
12-27-2004, 06:59 PM
If you're offended by this thread, it's my fault, 'cuase I told him to post it here if he wants Noodles to read it.

Linda
12-27-2004, 07:00 PM
Oh yeah, let's switch this forum into a post to band members forum. Good idea, Linda.

You miss the point. This wouldn't be the first time, (and it won't be the last) a topic was posted in the wrong forum. Don't make such a big fucking deal out of it.

Zee
12-27-2004, 07:03 PM
Nah, I'm not offended, I feel sorry for the guy and hopefully he'll get to see them (if he only wants anymore ;) ), but eventually this would ruin everyone's interest in this Politics forum if people would post their band related stuff here just because Noodles might read these. Peace. Topic concluded from my view.

Zee
12-27-2004, 07:05 PM
You miss the point. This wouldn't be the first time, (and it won't be the last) a topic was posted in the wrong forum. Don't make such a big fucking deal out of it.

Actually, this forum has stayed quite stabile so far compared to the others, but whatever...

Linda
12-27-2004, 07:15 PM
Oh puh-lease.....some of the topics posted in this forum shouldn't be in ANY forum on this site.

Zee
12-27-2004, 07:24 PM
"Arguing on the Internet is like competing in the Special Olympics. Even if
you win, you're still retarded."

Gotta go, no hard feelings.

Linda
12-27-2004, 07:51 PM
...... :rolleyes: ......

chewie_wookee
12-27-2004, 08:41 PM
if you dont like the thread dont start posting on it, theres no good reason to start insulting the one that put it in this forum, what can he do, he cant remove the thread and the only thing that's happening is that everyone starts arguing, its pointless. You know that even expressing how this irritates you wont prevent this kind of threads,so why is there always a reply to them?

Noodles
12-27-2004, 10:33 PM
Yeah, the kid's probably better off with the toy Dolls anyway. Dig that groove, Baby!

Besides, the reason that show was cancelled may have had as much to do with politics as the weather. Neither of which we had any control over.

We were bummed. We really wanted to play there.

sk8ter-hater
12-27-2004, 10:43 PM
Why isn't no one posting over his stuff?
I just did hhahahahahaha
i'll just wait for the hate mail

Lambrusco Kid
12-28-2004, 04:55 AM
Yeah, the kid's probably better off with the toy Dolls anyway. Dig that groove, Baby!

Besides, the reason that show was cancelled may have had as much to do with politics as the weather. Neither of which we had any control over.

Well, you could have played there... And I would go to your concert even now but organisator of the concert said they don't want to work with you anymore. Don't get me wrong, I got over it but I visited this site and I've seen you're posting stuff to your fans and I had a need to write this. Sorry if I totally ruined politics section, really.....

wheelchairman
12-28-2004, 05:02 AM
Again I'll point out, Noodles posts in the Politics forum, probably to talk about politics, not to read letters from disgruntled fans.

And honestly, if you invest such emotional value into a concert that was cancelled almost a year ago, then I don't think you should be writing letters to Noodles', you should be trying to find out what's wrong with you.

meaning_of_life
12-28-2004, 05:07 AM
nah, he sounds like a little kid who is just really dissapointed his favourite band cancelled. outta offsprings hands of course. dont worry buddy, lifes full of dissapointments

Linda
12-28-2004, 07:27 AM
Again I'll point out, Noodles posts in the Politics forum, probably to talk about politics, not to read letters from disgruntled fans.

Did you even read Noodles reply?! He didn't seem to mind, so why the hell should you and everyone else who complained in this topic? Jesus H. Christ,
you people really like to slag people, no matter what the reason. Yeah, so now go ahead and start on me, I really don't fucking care. This type of slagging in this topic really is old and pisses me off. :rolleyes:

P.S. NOODLES, YOU'RE AWESOME!

wheelchairman
12-28-2004, 07:41 AM
Right Linda, you're so pure and never slag anyone.

I didn't read Noodles' answer, I didn't even bother to read the entire topic. Although blaming it on Croatian politics strikes me as rather odd. And then blaming it on the weather, seems odd too, if you know anything about Croatia.

Noodles is gay
12-28-2004, 09:26 AM
We should all post to the offspring here.

Yes...that would destroy the politics section utterly.

Muhahaha
*evil laugh*

saska de o...
12-28-2004, 09:39 AM
this what this guy wrote is ok, we can that he likes Noodles very much... dont laught to him... he is true... eh...

SicN Twisted
12-28-2004, 09:45 AM
He just wants to talk about politics with us, stop harrassing him about his band.

saska de o...
12-28-2004, 09:46 AM
He just wants to talk about politics with us, stop harrassing him about his band.
PyFyRyRyRY!!!

*hahaha*

Lambrusco Kid
12-28-2004, 11:11 AM
I can't believe this..... Why do you people have to be so weird and disgusting, I can't figure it out?!?!?! This is my first and last thread on this forum so you don't have to worry I'll "ruin" your forum :rolleyes: So you can continue writting shit about me (without actually knowing me) what is unbelievebly stupid... Who cares about you anyway :D?!? Don't you have other stuff to worry about except such a "huge" problem like "someone posted letter to noodles in politics section"?!? Jesus.....

Linda - thank you for being so nice and reasonable :D and thanx to Noodles for his reply :)

b-b-b-bye

Noodles is gay
12-28-2004, 11:16 AM
^^ dude, chill!

Ahhh, now we've upset him...

Does anyone know why he wrote 'b-b-b-bye'? Just seems really weird.

saska de o...
12-28-2004, 11:17 AM
Are u happy??
if i had have letter (aswer) from Noodles, i was happy..... very happy

Linda
12-28-2004, 01:00 PM
I can't believe this..... Why do you people have to be so weird and disgusting, I can't figure it out?!?!?! This is my first and last thread on this forum so you don't have to worry I'll "ruin" your forum :rolleyes: So you can continue writting shit about me (without actually knowing me) what is unbelievebly stupid... Who cares about you anyway :D?!? Don't you have other stuff to worry about except such a "huge" problem like "someone posted letter to noodles in politics section"?!? Jesus.....

Linda - thank you for being so nice and reasonable :D and thanx to Noodles for his reply :)

b-b-b-bye

You're welcome!

Don't mind the rest, they're just idiots.

saska de o...
12-28-2004, 01:03 PM
You're welcome!

Don't mind the rest, they're just idiots.
me too? i'm happy that he is that brave to write this letter for Noodles! and what he has effect! and answer from NOODLES!!!

Linda
12-28-2004, 01:09 PM
me too?

No, I think you know who I'm talking about. :p

UgLy_eLf
12-28-2004, 01:12 PM
Linda stop encouraging retards, or they'll never stop posting questions in the politics forum. :(

Linda
12-28-2004, 01:14 PM
Right Linda, you're so pure and never slag anyone.

I didn't read Noodles' answer, I didn't even bother to read the entire topic. Although blaming it on Croatian politics strikes me as rather odd. And then blaming it on the weather, seems odd too, if you know anything about Croatia.

Perhaps you should read before you post your opinion. Just a thought.
You disappoint me. I thought you had grown more than this.
And as for me slagging, you know why I do sometimes, unless all you read are my slag posts and not the cause of them. In either case, I really don't care. G'day, gotta run.

saska de o...
12-28-2004, 01:16 PM
No, I think you know who I'm talking about. :p
yep :D:D i know :D

Linda
12-28-2004, 01:17 PM
Linda stop encouraging retards, or they'll never stop posting questions in the politics forum. :(

Sorry, I don't see him as a retard, however, I see you as a retard for posting your above reply. Perhaps people wouldn't post anymore questions in this forum if you people would just shut up and ignore it, but, no, you just have to keep on and on about it. Besides, it's only the internet, get the fuck over it! :rolleyes:

saska de o...
12-28-2004, 01:19 PM
yeah, true... THIS IS POLITIC CHAT NOT QUESTIONS CHAT!! DUDES!! ASK ABOUT E.X. DO U THINK THAT BUSH IS GOOD PRESIDENT OR NOT... FOR EXAMPLE.... UGH...

UgLy_eLf
12-28-2004, 01:20 PM
When you shut up and ignore things thats fucking passive and people walk all over you, they'll KEEP doing it if you ignore it, one by one people will notice these stupid fucking questions on the board and more people will get in on it, if you slap them down as soon as they do it the first time it usually keeps more people from doing it.

You're one to talk about it just being the fucking internet, you used to be obsessed with the shit that went on in the Chat, and on the BBS.

Revolver-2005?
12-28-2004, 01:34 PM
Well u know wht, u say he ruined the politics forum, but politics only ruins itself by glossing itself over with empty promises and lies....u truly cant ruin politics cause its done and over....

neway let him post here if hes looking for an answer from noodles, he really wanted one and he got one, the only idiots tht i see are all of u who continly are calling him a retard and an asshole etc. w/e...and ur also just encouraging a larger arguement, so this post tht u all claim to have ruined the politics forum is growing larger and larger because of all of u people who cant just deal with some dude who just wanted a burning question answered

now...dude who posted this..im not exactly sure if u shoulda posted it here, maybe a better way could have been found, but hey u wanted an answer tht badly, more power to ya

Betty
12-28-2004, 01:47 PM
I think the issue is not so much with this one post, but with the fact that it will encourage others to post in this forum and then everybody will need to have a "burning question" answered... there has been another post to Noodles already, and how many more will that lead to? The politics forum is great because it has remained relatively on topic. Not that going off topic is bad, but the thing about the politics forum is that most threads aren't dumb, and if they start out that way, often good people will post in them making them more interesting. General chat, the off topic section, has some great threads, but lots of stupid ones too.

Also, obviously if Noodles wanted to answer some of these burning questions, he would reply in the band or tour sections. He knows they exist, and possibly reads through them, and well...

Zee
12-28-2004, 01:51 PM
You said it, Betty.

And just look at the another post, it's even more amusing than this letter.

Linda
12-28-2004, 06:19 PM
Who fucking cares? If Noodles didn't like it, he would have said something or just wouldn't have answered. Seriously, you people take these forums too serious! It's quite hilarious!

Now, please tell me what this topic and all the replies has to do with politics.
http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?p=85388#post85388

What you're telling me is, it's OK for these people in this topic to do it, but not anyone else. Hypocrits!

UgLy_eLf
12-28-2004, 06:36 PM
THE TOPIC DIDNT START OUT "DEAR FUCKING NOODLES" topics get off subject easily because people on this forum have AD-fuckin-D.

Linda
12-28-2004, 06:53 PM
That topic, gay rightS, had nothing to do with politics from the beginning!
LEARN TO FUCKING READ! Or do you have AD fucking D also?! :rolleyes:

Revolver-2005?
12-28-2004, 06:55 PM
actually gay rights does have alot to do with politics, maybe u should stop talking linda...or for tht matter stop breathing

wheelchairman
12-28-2004, 07:06 PM
Linda, you've found the exception to the rule. That doesn't prove your point. And you of all people should know, that asking Tripboy to shutup and stop doing what he does, will not work.

The fact of the matter is, this forum is more on-topic than others, discussion on this forum (for some) is more interesting and enjoyable. And this spam with asking Noodles' for favors, clutters this and is becoming more frequent.

Linda
12-28-2004, 07:06 PM
That topic doesn't, MORON! You should stop talking and breathing.

Linda
12-28-2004, 07:10 PM
Linda, you've found the exception to the rule. That doesn't prove your point. And you of all people should know, that asking Tripboy to shutup and stop doing what he does, will not work.

The fact of the matter is, this forum is more on-topic than others, discussion on this forum (for some) is more interesting and enjoyable. And this spam with asking Noodles' for favors, clutters this and is becoming more frequent.

If it's OK for TripBoy to do it, then everyone can. You, of all people should know, that constantly slagging people and trying to tell them to shut up and stop doing what they're doing, WILL NOT WORK. Practice what you preach!

Again I point out, NOODLES DID NOT CARE!!!!! Go read his reply before you keep on posting stupid replies.

wheelchairman
12-28-2004, 07:12 PM
If it's OK for TripBoy to do it, then everyone can. You, of all people should know, that constantly slagging people and trying to tell them to shut up and stop doing what they're doing, WILL NOT WORK. Practice what you preach!

Again I point out, NOODLES DID NOT CARE!!!!! Go read his reply before you keep on posting stupid replies.
When did I say it was okay for Tripboy to do it?

Where did I say anything about Noodles?

Please, actually reply to what I say.

Linda
12-28-2004, 07:19 PM
Go read the whole topic if you want to know.
You're just trying to get me to argue, and you're
just not worth it. You all know where I stand in
this topic. Thank you for showing the new people
in this topic what idiots you all are. So long!

meaning_of_life
12-28-2004, 07:23 PM
your kinda odd, linda :confused:

noodler
12-28-2004, 07:24 PM
Jesus Christ! The band didnt even come to Ireland on their Conspiracy tour and I didnt fucking disown them. At least they bothered to pur Croatia on the map the first time round man. Its just childish to throw your toys out of your pram over this and say ur an ex-fan etc.

Linda is being way to nice to you, I'd sware she actually was your mother cos you must be like 13.

wheelchairman
12-28-2004, 07:25 PM
Go read the whole topic if you want to know.
You're just trying to get me to argue, and you're
just not worth it. You all know where I stand in
this topic. Thank you for showing the new people
in this topic what idiots you all are. So long!
Second time you ignore my points and stubbornly hold on to your opinion. That's the logical fallacy known as a straw man fallacy.

I've read the whole topic for you information, did a while go.

And as for posting just to get you to argue, I've only posted to respond to your arguments. I've had no intention to piss you off in any form, so far, you've been the one referring to me and others as idiots, stupid, ignorant, and whatnot, and I've tried to keep nothing but a calm tone with you.

Linda
12-28-2004, 10:09 PM
Second time you ignore my points and stubbornly hold on to your opinion.

Ditto.......

Betty
12-29-2004, 12:45 AM
Who fucking cares? If Noodles didn't like it, he would have said something or just wouldn't have answered. Seriously, you people take these forums too serious! It's quite hilarious!

Now, please tell me what this topic and all the replies has to do with politics.
http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?p=85388#post85388

What you're telling me is, it's OK for these people in this topic to do it, but not anyone else. Hypocrits!

Okay, I seriously try to avoid arguing with you Linda because I find it an impossible task due to your stubborness, but right now I am slightly intoxicated and don't have my right mind to tell me that it's not worth it.

Okay, sure Noodles didn't care. But I'd like to say that addressing somebody as "the kid" would not really feel like a personal response. It is much more condescending than anything. So sure Noodles "responded" but obviously did not take the whole thing very seriously, and was not responding to the actual poster. The whole Croatia thing is obviously not his fault and I'm sure he probably doesn't want to have to explain himself over and over. Regardless, the point is not only whether Noodles cares, it's whether everybody else cares as well. And obviously a lot of people do care about the "spamming". Do I want this forum to turn into "posts to band members"? No way! Do I care about one measly post to a band member? Not really, but am mostly responding to this due to people like you saying it's not a big deal at all.

Regarding Justin's posts... I think a lot of them are fucking hilarious. Some are a little dumb, but some are classic. Also, the simple fact that people fall for them over and over is hilarious in itself. And you may not be "falling for them" but you do express outrage over the stupidity of the posts, which is also entertaining, although sometimes repetitive and boring.

I also think that "An abortion story" thread was one of the most hilarious things I have EVER read. Oh my god, that had me laughing out loud on numerous occasions, I absolutely loved it.

And about taking things seriously... I enjoy serious topics, obviously. I also enjoy hilarious topics (eg those started by Justin and other entertaining characters from the BBS which I won't name names or else some might get jealous) But the mindless topics like about your favourite chips, most often not. So, just because you like serious topics does not imply that you "take the BBS seriously". I think actually CARING about Justin's posts means you are taking things much more seriously. And your furious response to this post will also probably mean you are taking things quite seriously.

Whatever, I don't even care, I AM a serious person, naturally. But I think it's important to know when to take things seriously. And this is certainly not a serious issue, but I felt I needed to bring up some relevent points, and was just generally annoyed with a lot that you had to say in this thread.

wheelchairman
12-29-2004, 04:36 AM
Ditto.......
I responded to both your points about Noodles' caring, and about Tripboy's topic, my response I believe was something along the lines of them being irrelevant to why I think this topic shouldn't have been made. So that means you need a different argument, because repeating them would be irrelevant when arguing against my opinion at this moment.

Linda
12-29-2004, 07:47 AM
If the band doesn't care, why the fuck should you all care?

That's my opinion and the point I've been trying to make.
I'm not arguing, and I'm not gonna try to pick apart what
you all say, like you do to me. You're just not worth it.
And Betty, I didn't even bother to read what you posted.
I do not listen to drunks. No more to be said. I'm done.

wheelchairman
12-29-2004, 07:53 AM
Linda, of course we pick apart what you think, it's because we don't agree with it.

You can stubbornly repeat your point, but you don't prove anything, and you don't convince anyone. I will do the same, until you acknowledge that what I am quoting is the point that I am trying to uphold for why, what you say is completely irrelevant.

What the band thinks is irrelevant, it's not the basis of this discussion, being stubborn doesn't help.

Offspring_01
12-29-2004, 09:59 AM
If you're offended by this thread, it's my fault, 'cuase it told him to post it here if he wants Noodles to read it.

So did I. I'm sorry.

Mr. Noodles
12-29-2004, 12:10 PM
So did I. I'm sorry.
we're both sorry.

Vera
01-15-2005, 07:13 AM
Oh Jesus Christ you people bring the drama. And the pointless arguments, heh.

To the original starter: That sucks a whole fucking lot, but you really shouldn't blame it on the band. Offspring didn't visit my country, I wouldn't have objected to them coming to play here, but I don't take the fact they didn't personally, because it's really not about that. Of course it's annoying and frustruating, but shit happens. Glad you found a band that tours in your country you can go see. If they ever cancel a show on you, don't be an asshat and blame them for it. I doubt they cancelled it specifically to let you and other fans down.
I'm really sorry your friends are assholes, too.

Goblin
03-24-2005, 06:12 AM

while in Croatia, why not hop to Belgrade, Serbia? It`s close...

KappaWing
03-24-2005, 05:43 PM
To Original Poster;

You may want to try using the private messaging system to contact him. He will definatley get your message and you won't spam up the boards. :)

Reefer
03-24-2005, 05:45 PM
To Original Poster;

You may want to try using the private messaging system to contact him. He will definatley get your message and you won't spam up the boards. :)

dude try it - noodles has disabled pms and emails, just for that very reason

damn fans :mad:

KappaWing
03-24-2005, 06:08 PM
dude try it - noodles has disabled pms and emails, just for that very reason

damn fans :mad:

Oh. Thats too bad. I never had much to say to them so I never tried it. What about the other three? are they disabled too?

Reefer
03-24-2005, 06:10 PM
Oh. Thats too bad. I never had much to say to them so I never tried it. What about the other three? are they disabled too?

I would imagine so, otherwise they would get shitloads of stuff sent to them

T-6005
03-25-2005, 03:24 AM
I'll agree with Linda's original argument. It shouldn't matter.

I won't condone her method of answering posts though.